AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tipping Minimum

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2015
To start, I hope this isn't too personal a question. I created a tipping faux pas thread to learn about what not to do, but one question I forgot to ask was about amount. I like to send offline tips as appreciation, but it just hit me that if I send a trivial amount it may be doing the opposite that I'm after.

So my question is regarding tips and what you, as a cam model, would consider to be the minimum. From what I understand from my previous thread is that generally, most models will appreciate anything. Minimum may also be a harsh word and the wrong word because of that.

To further explain, of course I recognize that this question is going to vary from model to model, but I'm looking to see if there's a general consensus. You could literally tip almost nothing by doing a 1 token tip. That's not the minimum I'm looking for.

Basically, to put it in example terms. If someone tips you 10 tokens you may appreciate that and give your thanks, but that's just routine. If someone tips you 200 tokens that may put a smile on your face because you feel it's a good amount and the user isn't asking for anything. You again will appreciate that and give your thanks, but it's not the same as someone who tipped 10 tokens. You will smile and truly appreciate the 200 tokens, but the 10 tokens doesn't really phase you. Of course, you appreciate both and you wouldn't say no to the 10 tokens, but it doesn't do anything to change your mood.

To put in perspective what spurred this question. I just sent out a tip of 50 tokens as an offline tip. It didn't hit me until after I clicked send what that 50 tokens really means. 50 tokens is so far the lowest I've sent, but now I'm wondering if that is too low. I did a search and found that models get $0.05 per token. So while 50 tokens initially seemed like a kind gesture, I'm spinning my head now thinking that 50 tokens really isn't that big. I usually do send higher, but until I seen how much that actually was, 50 didn't seem like a small number. It wasn't a large number, but it wasn't small either.

Again, I hope this isn't a bad question to ask. I'm really just wondering what amount is good to send when sending a tip without looking like an ass. I do feel like an ass now because I sent 50 tokens with a kind message, but if 50 tokens is too small that kind message makes me look even more like an ass.

As long as there are no strings attached, like a demanding request or something, I don't see why any model would be mad/offended for getting a tip, no matter how small. If you tip someone 50 tokens and she thinks you're an ass for doing not tipping more, I would suggest not tipping her again.

For the most part I am pretty sure most of us appreciate all tips no matter how small. When I am doing something that requires a minimum tip - for example all tips get a flash I will set the tip minimum to the lowest I feel reasonable, which is honestly still outrageously low.

However if your tip is for more than appreciation or to simply make a goal, say you expect her to stand on her head and put on bunny slippers while singing "The Sound Of Music" 50 tokens might be low, if you're making a request you should first ask what the appropriate amount for your request would be.

Anything tipped towards a countdown or something while I'm online helps and I'm thankful for it. Anything that's tipped offline, even a small amount, is super exciting to me because it hardly ever happens! If it's a "just because I was thinking of you!" tip, that makes it even more fun and exciting. I wouldn't be ashamed at sending your fave model 50 tokens, if I were you!

Honestly just seeing the offline tip notification is so exciting, haha. Knowing someone thought of you while you were offline is really nice and so any amount is going to brighten her day.

When I tip, I can never afford many tokens and I've certainly worried about not tipping enough - but as a model, honestly the vast majority of members don't tip at all and so any contribution is awesome! There's no minimum amount that is acceptable, imo. (Now I just need to remember this when I'm tipping, haha.)

If someone tips you 10 tokens you may appreciate that and give your thanks, but that's just routine. If someone tips you 200 tokens that may put a smile on your face because you feel it's a good amount and the user isn't asking for anything. You again will appreciate that and give your thanks, but it's not the same as someone who tipped 10 tokens. You will smile and truly appreciate the 200 tokens, but the 10 tokens doesn't really phase you. Of course, you appreciate both and you wouldn't say no to the 10 tokens, but it doesn't do anything to change your mood.
I actually have 2 gentlemen who frequently send offline tips. One sends 10 tokens with no tip note attached, the other sends 200 with no tip note attached. Both are very appreciated and make me happy that someone thought of me and felt inclined to send those tokens my way. But yes, the one with 200 gets a bigger smile, and often gets a much more wordy and fun reply than the simple "thank you!!" reply 10 token tip gets.

But it's sort of the same while I'm online, too. Everyone who contributes to the topic or just tips for appreciation during cam time is wonderful. But I always think the people who contribute more deserve a different level of attention and a more enthusiastic response. Otherwise why would anyone tip 200 instead of 10 (setting aside the possibility of content on sale for these tips) if they could get the same attention and response as the guy who tips 10?

Anyway, another great topic, Felix. You really seem like you respect the camming world and the performers you spend time and money on.

To me, it is the simple thought that counts. I have a gent on Niteflirt who will randomly send me tips in the neighborhood of $5.00. After NF's cut, I get about $3. Not a vast family fortune, but still a very kind gesture in my book.

Honestly just seeing the offline tip notification is so exciting, haha. Knowing someone thought of you while you were offline is really nice and so any amount is going to brighten her day.

When I tip, I can never afford many tokens and I've certainly worried about not tipping enough - but as a model, honestly the vast majority of members don't tip at all and so any contribution is awesome! There's no minimum amount that is acceptable, imo. (Now I just need to remember this when I'm tipping, haha.)

This this this!

Reactions: FelixTheCat
OP.... you should like so come and live in my room :D

Shameless promotion aside, I don't think there is a tip amount that would offend ANY model. Obviously, higher tips get a stronger reaction, but generally all tips are highly appreciated. I always feels nice to see that a member likes what you're doing enough to feel inclined to contribute. :)

Well, it sounds like there's a lot more general consensus than I thought. I'm glad to hear that people are in agreement that anything is good. What ever you tip is fine (if it's just an appreciation tip), but if you want to make a bigger impact, tip bigger.

You're forgetting frequency. Try tipping 50 tokens offline every day for a month.

Good point, I didn't think of that. Adding up the total over a month would definitely add up. Making an assumption here, but I would assume that the model would recognize your name once you pop up so often and would realize that even if the tip is small, the frequency is adding up in the long run.

I never looked at it like that.

For the most part I am pretty sure most of us appreciate all tips no matter how small. When I am doing something that requires a minimum tip - for example all tips get a flash I will set the tip minimum to the lowest I feel reasonable, which is honestly still outrageously low.

However if your tip is for more than appreciation or to simply make a goal, say you expect her to stand on her head and put on bunny slippers while singing "The Sound Of Music" 50 tokens might be low, if you're making a request you should first ask what the appropriate amount for your request would be.

First of all, happy birthday! Hope you had a swell day. :)

Requesting definitely shouldn't be low. I also agree with that you should ask first like you said. She might even say no so it would be rude to assume that including tokens, regardless of the amount, will get her to do the request.

Anything tipped towards a countdown or something while I'm online helps and I'm thankful for it. Anything that's tipped offline, even a small amount, is super exciting to me because it hardly ever happens! If it's a "just because I was thinking of you!" tip, that makes it even more fun and exciting. I wouldn't be ashamed at sending your fave model 50 tokens, if I were you!

I'm surprised to hear offline tips are rare. Are offline tips usually just people buying videos and what not?

I guess I'm a weird case. I really find it hard to make it online so often times I miss out. Of course I do try to make it when I can because online is very fun being able to communicate real-time. So to make up for all of that I try to send offline tips with short messages like "you looked very nice in your snaps today" or "good morning, have a wonderful day".

I also appreciation your reassurance. I can often times get into my head with overthinking so it certainly is nice to hear you say such things.

That's really sad to hear. I mean, I guess when you think about it there will be a large amount of non-tippers, but I never really thought about it. I knew about sites like MFC for a while, but I never really logged in because I don't know how you can sit there without showing appreciation. I mean, I completely understand if you're a regular and the model knows you always tip, but I just could never see not being a regular and just sitting in doing nothing.

Now that I am able to participate, I'm trying to learn the do's and don'ts. It's nice to see that any tip is appreciated.

I actually have 2 gentlemen who frequently send offline tips. One sends 10 tokens with no tip note attached, the other sends 200 with no tip note attached. Both are very appreciated and make me happy that someone thought of me and felt inclined to send those tokens my way. But yes, the one with 200 gets a bigger smile, and often gets a much more wordy and fun reply than the simple "thank you!!" reply 10 token tip gets.

But it's sort of the same while I'm online, too. Everyone who contributes to the topic or just tips for appreciation during cam time is wonderful. But I always think the people who contribute more deserve a different level of attention and a more enthusiastic response. Otherwise why would anyone tip 200 instead of 10 (setting aside the possibility of content on sale for these tips) if they could get the same attention and response as the guy who tips 10?

Anyway, another great topic, Felix. You really seem like you respect the camming world and the performers you spend time and money on.

Thank you for the examples. That's kind of what I expected. Appreciation for all, but the more you tip, the more the model is happy.

Is it wrong to tip with the thought of wanting to put a smile on the model's face? I mean, as the tipper, you won't ever get to see that, but would that be greedy? Of course, you won't say anything about smiles directly, but is there a difference of just wanting to show appreciation or that you were thinking of them vs wanting to make them smile?

I appreciate your kind response. It definitely makes me glad to hear that. I really do want to learn so I minimize the amount of mistakes I make. I'm not perfect so whether it will be soon or later I'll make mistakes. My hope is by asking questions, even stupid questions, I'll learn and avoid as many mistakes as possible.

OP.... you should like so come and live in my room :D

Shameless promotion aside, I don't think there is a tip amount that would offend ANY model. Obviously, higher tips get a stronger reaction, but generally all tips are highly appreciated. I always feels nice to see that a member likes what you're doing enough to feel inclined to contribute. :)

It certainly is nice to feel wanted. :D

I really would love to join online rooms, but I'm 95% an offline tipper. I guess you can say my goal is to better my time management skills because quite honestly I'm terrible. I feel guilty about that too, so I really try to make an effort to show offline appreciation. Models are always tweeting and sending snapchat stories. That's a lot of work too that I feel goes unnoticed a lot of the time.

I appreciate the response. It's nice for me to hear that models appreciate those who tip.

You sound like a dream member, Felix. The models you frequent are lucky to have you :)

Is it wrong to tip with the thought of wanting to put a smile on the model's face? I mean, as the tipper, you won't ever get to see that, but would that be greedy?

That's not greedy at all! That's super sweet, and I don't think brightening someone's day could ever be a bad thing.

You keep doin' you, Felix. You rule. :rock:

You sound like a dream member, Felix. The models you frequent are lucky to have you :)

That's not greedy at all! That's super sweet, and I don't think brightening someone's day could ever be a bad thing.

You keep doin' you, Felix. You rule. :rock:

Thank you for the kind words and the answer. It's good to hear someone say it's not greedy. I mean, I wouldn't do anything if I didn't want to show the model appreciation, but it still feels greedy thinking that "I hope this has an effect", etc. Still, it's good to hear I'm wrong in thinking it's greedy. :)

Felix stop, you're making the models swoon!

:oops: thank you, you're too kind. :)

There is a certain flair to tipping. Someone who tips 1 token and says, "fist for me, bb", will probably get a hulk smash on the ban button.

This made me laugh. I don't think it originated on reddit, but it reminded me of the "ay bby u want sum fuk". I don't know if it's right to laugh, but the way you worded that was perfect.

What's sad is that I imagine models get messages like that all the time. :(

It would be nice if more people took the time to realize we are all people behind the screens. From the model to the tippers to the non-tippers. If you wouldn't say something to a person's face, you should think twice about typing it out.

Hello All,

I stumbled across this site trying to research some information on tipping strategies. Many threads I saw were closed for reply, but I think this one may be appropriate for my response and question. I am actually trying to get a question in before work, so I apologize for being a bit lazy to do more research. I am also sure I may not have read up on all of the forum rules. Again, sorry!

A little about myself - I joined MFC about 3 weeks ago, so I am new and trying to learn tipping etiquette.

Now, to the topic of tipping / tipping "minimum."
  • When I first joined, I thought tipping anything less than 50 tokens would not be appreciated (potentially insulting).
  • In my opinion, I would tip frequently at around 50, 100, or 200 per tip (I was a drop down menu clicker :) ).
  • My reason for tipping would be to simply make a comment (usually for amusement / comic relief).
I would often find myself with only a few "regulars" (I assumed them to be regulars) as the only folks tipping despite the room having quite a few "premiums." This started me to think why was no one else tipping. My 2 theories are:
  1. People feel they can get a "free" show while others are tipping and/or
  2. Could my tipping be "intimidating?"
I recently joined a model's room I never been to before and noticed the "regulars" mixing in both frequent lower tips (10 tokens) and the occasional 3 digit tips. My impression was that the frequent 10 token tips would trigger more "smaller" (under 50 tokens) tips from more members.

Ok, starting to get the sense I am getting long winded and wordy.

On to my question.

I get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing people all work towards a team goal. I also get a lot of satisfaction seeing models that I enjoy spending time getting more members tipping in their room. Just makes the whole atmosphere more enjoyable for everyone.

What is your opinion / recommendations for tipping strategies to encourage more participation from other members in the room?

• Tipping quantities?
  • Tipping frequencies?
  • Public Anonymous vs Ninja?
Again, my apologies as I think this topic has been discussed many times. Just had a hard time finding more specific information before going to work. I suppose I can be more patient and do more research later :)

Thank you for your time and consideration of my post!

Best regards,

"Roger"

Reactions: ACFFAN69
What is your opinion / recommendations for tipping strategies to encourage more participation from other members in the room?

• Tipping quantities?
  • Tipping frequencies?
  • Public Anonymous vs Ninja?
Hello Roger! Glad you've found ACF, hopefully you'll stick around and hang with us for other topics too. :happy:

As for your question, I do think it's been discussed already within this thread, though I know you said you were on your way to work and didn't have much time.

It really comes down to what you're able to afford, what makes you happy, and what gets a good response from the model you're enjoying. But I'll tell you my opinion from experiences in my chat room.

• Quantities: my regulars who like to share jokes and comments in tip notes usually do so in 10 token tips (or close to 10 tokens each.) If I'm doing a show or some action that they really enjoy, they seem to drop closer to 50 token tips to show appreciation for the action or view. If the countdown hasn't moved at all in a while, maybe they'll drop a 200 in order to catch me up after 20 minutes of no one else participating, with a public note that incites them to help out (example "Helping to keep the countdown going! Help me out guys!" However some girls don't like their members telling others to tip so beware.
  • Frequencies: seems they like to make sure there's a tip on the screen at least every 5 minutes or so, if not more frequently. I'd figure most models appreciate constantly having "yellow on the screen". But how frequently you send tips will depend entirely on how the session is going.
  • Public tips can lead to others joining in, because they can see that they won't be the only one helping a topic move along. So if you want to promote the idea of helping with the count but don't want others to know who you are, go anonymous public. If you'd like to help your favorite model reach her goal, but don't want to pressure her to do the show if NO ONE else is helping, go ninja with a note saying such. (There's talk of this earlier in the thread.)
Hope that helps for now! Go back and read other replies for a deeper look into it. This thread is proving that there are some really awesome members on MFC! Thanks for caring enough to ask for input. :angelic:

Thank you Amber for the informative response! Yes, I agree that mileage may vary as it depends a lot on who is in the room and, of course, how the model manages the room. There is definitely a very powerful emotional / psychological aspect of these sites that I am experiencing beyond the sexual. Last night I had my first feelings of pressure and discomfort trying to "carry" a room through some countdowns and then a "hero" arrived and he was killing it. The hero seemed to have a really big token stack (tipping very large chunks and frequently), but he never killed an entire countdown by himself (though I think he could if he wanted to). The hero always seemed to leave some remaining for me to contribute to, which gave me a good feeling of being able to contribute without having to overextend myself.

There are so many topics I want to discuss right now, but I think I will have to spend more time on this site to learn more before I blow up the thread counts :)

Oh my! This is such a lovely thread. @FelixTheCat - this is one of the sweetest posts I've seen in such a long time. Thank you for reminding us all that not every guy is a heartless prick, haha.

As others have stated, any tip amount is wonderful and appreciated (or should be, anyway). The frequency is also very important. If a model can count on you to be there in her room when she is on most of the time and can expect some amount of tips from you, that is usually the ideal situation.

Best of luck on your caming journey! :D

Oh my! This is such a lovely thread. @FelixTheCat - this is one of the sweetest posts I've seen in such a long time. Thank you for reminding us all that not every guy is a heartless prick, haha.

As others have stated, any tip amount is wonderful and appreciated (or should be, anyway). The frequency is also very important. If a model can count on you to be there in her room when she is on most of the time and can expect some amount of tips from you, that is usually the ideal situation.

Best of luck on your caming journey! :D

Thanks! I'm slowly learning that frequency is important, like you mentioned. Being able to be there is a nice feeling for both me and I assume the model. :)

Hey Felix! (you get my first post!)

I'm trying the offline tip thing this month (100 tks a day for a month with a note saying nice things), based upon this thread and the smiles it can give a model (hopefully). It's not like being in the room, which was a little heavy (but Awesome), when My Fav model had fewer visitors. She recently got 3-5 regulars recently who treat her pretty well. I try not to get in the way. I'm not exactly the most social person so I am nooo help in public chat (i just tip) and am kind of out of the loop when it comes to the new jokes and such, which is not her fault--dudes being dudes--. I'm just happy for her! Got to remember...it is ALL good!

I agree with most people... ofcourse it would be NICE to get a really high amount but any amount will make me smile :) ANd isn´t that the point?

If I was to revive an old thread this is an awesome feel good thread to revive. My question is for both the models and the tippers.

Say you are doing a countdown and you have 1 or 2 big tippers working towards the countdown but you don't reach it ... so no show.

I would feel I should do something for those members. Perhaps a group show??? I ask because I am going to start camming soon and my end times are pretty important. I work a day job and need to get up really early. I will give wiggle room (like 30m) but I cant be extending my show by an hour frequently.

How do you reward you high tippers (or how would you like to be rewarded) if the show doesn't go on.

If I was to revive an old thread this is an awesome feel good thread to revive. My question is for both the models and the tippers.

Say you are doing a countdown and you have 1 or 2 big tippers working towards the countdown but you don't reach it ... so no show.

I would feel I should do something for those members. Perhaps a group show??? I ask because I am going to start camming soon and my end times are pretty important. I work a day job and need to get up really early. I will give wiggle room (like 30m) but I cant be extending my show by an hour frequently.

How do you reward you high tippers (or how would you like to be rewarded) if the show doesn't go on.

This will depend on your camming style. I send videos to tippers. My bigger tippers that already have all my videos hopefully understand if we don't finish a countdown.
I don't really think Group show is something to "give" them as a thank you if you don't make a show, because that's like asking them to just spend 10 tokens per minute more when they've already spent a bunch. Of course there are a lot of good tippers that will want to go group or private if a countdown isn't made- but I wouldn't see it as "doing something" for them, since they have to pay more. They would be doing something for YOU!

I am brand new, I assumed you could give a free group show or private on CB is that not the case?

Could you just set a password protected room and then give them the pass for a free show?

I would never be annoyed by a tip unless it came with a demand or offensive note.

I mean, why? Maybe if I was a stripper at a club I'd be all, " You arse face! WHY ARE YOU THROWING YOUR NICKELS AT ME?"

But I'm not. And nickels are money. I like money. Give me a yellow wall of 1 token tips. I don't really mind and am thankful for any tip.

Personally I love ALL tokens!
when i hear that jing jing sound am already happy then I look at amount and tip note but no matter the amount I am ALWAYS happy.
i know that many members have a limit on purchase per day and tip me maybe their last tokens they have for a while - then they return next time and tip some more...and even if they never return- that tipping moment is with me forever.
On a site like mfc where members can enjoy free show and there are 5yearbasicsandcounting -if a member tips me anything says a lot about who he is and is the kind of member I love to have in my room.
The magic on mfc is also I never know what happens next - all I know is someone out there liked me enough to tip me and that means a lot!
And if a members tips me extra large amount they also get extra prize and a place on my profile but many who tipped me extra started with a 5 token tip even 1 token which made me happy.
Also I felt way before I read this topic that members at times feel very awkward about tipping smaller amounts and instead tip nothing (cause worried of reaction of model and other members) so I made sure I have something in my menu that says 5 tokens option - to think that anyone would think that amount is too small does not resonate well with me- I am excited to get any and in the end is all that matters is that someone tipped me!!! thank you!!!

Reactions: ACFFAN69 and Gen

I'm kinda old skool ( from the days when none of the models were doing public shows on MFC ) so for me a tip is a gift, I expect nothing more than a TY when I tip, even if it is for a countdown, but then I'm usually there more to relax and have a few laughs than for a show. I do wonder how other members feel about tipping, whether they expect something in return every time ( I know quite a few people that seem to think if they give you a gift you now " owe them " , this is not how I think ) I think most experienced members understand when you need to log off and the goal isn't met they're out of luck.BTW @Lunella , your profile page is set to private viewing, not sure if you want it that way.

• Helpful!
Reactions: EroticAthena
The only thing I would suggest is being upfront about your time constraints. This would allow members to tip more quickly to come in under the time limit if they choose to. It also lets them know that at a certain point their tips are no longer going for a countdown. I tend to tip because I find the model interesting, not in return for anything so it wouldn't matter a lot to me.

@Lunella , your profile page is set to private viewing, not sure if you want it that way.

thank you for wanting to visit my profile...if you mean the mfc profile you must be in one of the 2 usa states that is not available during the day... but I make profile all open to entire usa whenever i go online at night because is middle of the night and no one i don't want to see it would be awake then... so if you are ever around 1-3am pacific standard time i invite you to my room!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.