AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips during privates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2011
I can't say that I have noticed this in the past, but recently I have been seeing tips during privates with models. Is this something new? Or has no one tipped during my previous privates? I have to say I found it to be very off putting, mainly because I think they were just doing it to send messages to the model. I thought a private was just that, private. Granted, people can spy on privates but they can't interact with the model unless she chooses to respond to their PM's during a private with someone else. Would going true private stop this?

How does everyone feel about this, models and members? I am not for restricting a models potential income sources but to have the tip actually show up and the tip sound while in a private with a model is certainly very annoying to this member.

Reactions: dustinxxxizzle
That would certainly be off putting. If a voyeur member tipped a decent amount with a request that would change the direction of the private, would some models feel compelled to do it? Certainly makes true privates a lot more enticing.

i've only ever seen one tip come in from a voyeur while I was in private with someone.
it didn't really bother me, maybe because it wasn't that big of a tip but the model I was with and I just laughed about it "damn spies!" and she just continued with what she was doing.
if she started doing something completely different (as if by request by tipper) I simply would end it.

This has been going on for as long as I've been around but I'm not a fan. I would NEVER grant a request for a spy tip, hell I don't even acknowledge that it happened or say thank you. Truprivate or not that show is between the member and I, not the spies.
I get them pretty often when I do private but usually not until the very end at least. I need to remember to turn my tip volume down. All tips in private not from the private goer should be auto muted and ninja. Maybe I'll mail support with that suggestion.

I've had guys tip during a regular private before with a note that said something like they enjoyed spying and things like that. I'm obviously not going to discourage it completely but it's slightly awkward since I'm trying to give my full attention to the member who's paying for the show at 60 tokens a second. But I figure if they are really that bothered by that then they should just go to true private. However, I've been in a true private before and received tips but it's very rare. I got a fairly decent sized tip from a member I had never spoken to and haven't seen since so that was a bit odd. The member who started the true private was not too pleased about it but I reassured him that it as far as I could tell from the token counter we were not being spied on and the member had probably tipped from the public chatroom while I was away in the show.

As for being tipped a decent size by a voyeur in private to do what they say, I personally would not do it. I respect that the member who is paying full price for the show is doing just that and if said tipper/spy wanted me to do something by request he can take me to his own private.

its happened to me when I did regular privates and I didn't acknowledge them, the first time it happened I did kind of pause and looked confused and the member was also a bit weirded out, we laughed it off though. I would never ever in a million years do any request that the tipper had. not his private!

I have gotten tips while in private a few times. I was not aware of whether the member who is paying for the private can see them or not, so I am not sure if this is a new thing. I do know that the other night someone that was spying sent me a good tip and actually did have a note in it. I did not and would not oblige a tip not in that sense. I figure if he wants something special then he needs to take me private himself for him to get what he wants. I am sorry if that is rude, but I am there to make the one who is spending his money on me privately to get what he wants. I would suggest though as Alice did that if you are bothered by the model getting tips then to take her into a true private where no one else can interfer.

Also as Jolene said, I do not say thank you. I may send a message to that member after the private is over, so that they know that I was aware, but I do not acknowledge it coming through.

LOL.. and here I thought whats wrong with tipping your model for a great show while you're in pvt. with her. :woops:
Tips coming in from spys like that don't bother me in the least. It's more for her and that's the point of this "job" anyway.
HOWEVER...... when they do come in, she has the common sense to not change the direction of whats going on [or even acknowledge them] unless we both chuckle or something. :p
The other demented :evil: side of this thing... I've seen a model in a large room and all of a sudden, somebody hits the button and she vanishes. With a little chat, a handful of regs will say something like "Now ? How dare her .. lol". A wall of 5/10/20 token tips soon follows and it seems to get the model back in chat pretty quick. :whistle: Devious cads they are...

Wow, I knew that guys could tip during a group show, but it never dawned on me that guys spying on a private show can tip too. I don't recall ever being tipped by a spy.

I have to agree with so many posters before me - spy tips can NOT control the show.

That's why they're spies and not paying full price. A tip from a spy in pvt is, to me, STRICTLY to show appreciation for the show they're spying on! I would never comply to a spy tip if it had a request attached to it - if you want to control the show then get your own private...

I have heard before of a model changing her show because of a spy tip, but I do not myself do that, nor do I think any models here do that. The member told me that when he asked her about it, she apologized. Apparently, she hadn't seen the username of the guy who sent the tip, and so did the request attached.

If the model you are in private with gets a tip from a guy and suddenly changes her show, make sure she realizes that the tip wasn't from you. Something like "could you please go back to what you were doing before the tip, that wasn't mine" would probably do the trick.

PS- I know it might be hard to type that full sentence when you're fapping, but please be aware of the model's side. If you get all upset and short with her, she's going to feel defensive and get upset right back. That's just going to ruin it for both of you.

As a model, I do not acknowledge spy tips until the private session has ended. I then thank the tipper via PM or in my room.

As a member, hearing the noise wouldn't bother me at all, but her responding to it and/or changing the show would definitely be a little off putting.

I have this one guy who always tips while spying on privates. He's been a member for 3 years and still types directions in my public chat... :woops:
This was his tip note tonight. :lol:
Feed that Perversion
No matter how many times I tell him how much I hate him he still comes back... I can't bring myself to ban him because it's pretty amusing.

I've tipped once or twice while spying, but I never knew that it might be somewhat off-putting to the model or the private starter. When I did it, it was because the model had (earlier) asked me if I ever spy on her privates, so I sent her a couple of tips as a way of saying "hey there, I'm spying now".

I've been tipped by spies. I just smile and wink and carry on. I always remember to thank them via pm when i am done with the person I am in private with. I think that's fair.

AliceDoe said:
If you're really finding it that off putting, then pay up for the extra 20 tox/min for True private - it's what it's there for :)

I asked if true private would stop it, but apparently people can still tip then. Most likely it would cut down on it, if it is people spying that are tipping. While I have no way to know if the tips were from spy's (unless I ask the model) I just think it is not cool and is a distraction.

I suppose I could send a suggestion to MFC to see if they could automatically make tips from people spying on privates hidden to the room and without sound, I think that would be ideal. Sadly, with being able to make tip notes seen in the room, I could see some members abusing this and purposely messing with a models or members private show.

I think the general consensus of models here is the right one to go with.

Be appreciative of the tip, but acknowledge it after the show. Do not change the show for a tip while in a private show from someone else. Like has been said, if the spying tipper rally wanted something, he could have taken the model private, himself.

I also thought this thread was initially about tipping a model while you're in private with her. I don't normally do that, myself. I set out my privates with a minimum time goal (15 mins) but often go higher (around 20 mins has been my average of late). And tipping during the show diminishes the time I wanted to spend. But, I also like to talk to a model before taking her private, if she has never been in a private with me before. Find out what we both want, etc. That way I don't get hit with the "well, if you want that, that's going to be an extra charge" type deal.

Just Me said:
AliceDoe said:
If you're really finding it that off putting, then pay up for the extra 20 tox/min for True private - it's what it's there for :)

I asked if true private would stop it, but apparently people can still tip then. Most likely it would cut down on it, if it is people spying that are tipping. While I have no way to know if the tips were from spy's (unless I ask the model) I just think it is not cool and is a distraction.

I suppose I could send a suggestion to MFC to see if they could automatically make tips from people spying on privates hidden to the room and without sound, I think that would be ideal. Sadly, with being able to make tip notes seen in the room, I could see some members abusing this and purposely messing with a models or members private show.

I don't know how to take this.... You want to stop the model from receiving tips at all?

In True Private no one else can see her, any tip would likely be either from a good regular of hers or somebody letting her know that they're interested in a chat when she's done. A tip received while in True Private wouldn't change the show - because the tipper can't see the show! I fail to see why you think it's so horrible that she is getting money from someone else. In fact, if you like the girl, you should be happy for her.

I don't know why you think anyone would purposely "mess" with a private show they can't see.

AliceDoe said:
Just Me said:
AliceDoe said:

I don't know how to take this.... You want to stop the model from receiving tips at all?

In True Private no one else can see her, any tip would likely be either from a good regular of hers or somebody letting her know that they're interested in a chat when she's done. A tip received while in True Private wouldn't change the show - because the tipper can't see the show! I fail to see why you think it's so horrible that she is getting money from someone else. In fact, if you like the girl, you should be happy for her.

I don't know why you think anyone would purposely "mess" with a private show they can't see.

Yeah, this seems to be a solution in search of a problem.

Maybe I have not explained myself very well. I never said I wanted to restrict models from any source of income. I never said I thought the model would change her show based on a tip from a spy. I just thought it was rude to see tips from other members during my private time. If I wanted that I could have started a group show.

In all the privates I had done in the past I had never seen this happen before, so I was wondering if it was a new thing and how others felt about it.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Just Me said:
I just thought it was rude to see tips from other members during my private time. If I wanted that I could have started a group show.

Frankly it surprised the shit out of me when I found out that not only could another member tip during a private show, but that it would do the same thing as group and public.

HOWEVER, having done a little bit of programming, I completely understand how it might fuck things up if they tried to mess with that. All it took was a bit of thought to remember just how hard it is to tell a program to do A as long as B is in there, but if B is satisfied and C is also in evidence, you gotta do D instead.

WHEN B=true
IF C= true, then D
ELSE A

(It took me 5 minutes to remember how to do that, and I know I'm missing all the bits around it and line breaks and such, but the basic is that)

That's fairly simple, but it's already within a "when", the when being when member wants to tip, and I don't think you can stack when's. I forget which ones can be stacked...

Just Me said:
Maybe I have not explained myself very well. I never said I wanted to restrict models from any source of income. I never said I thought the model would change her show based on a tip from a spy. I just thought it was rude to see tips from other members during my private time. If I wanted that I could have started a group show.

In all the privates I had done in the past I had never seen this happen before, so I was wondering if it was a new thing and how others felt about it.

"I asked if True Private would stop it, but apparently people can still tip then"

Sounds to me like you don't want people to tip her - why didn't you just say "But apparently if she gets a tip I can still see it then"?

I don't see what the big deal about a tip is, to me is doesn't feel like it would be very distracting or anything. I don't think it's EVER rude to tip, and you should not even go there...

If that little tip notification really bothers you so much that you can't enjoy the show - maybe you should just focus on Skype shows?

Reactions: OldSheriff
AliceDoe said:
"I asked if True Private would stop it, but apparently people can still tip then"

Sounds to me like you don't want people to tip her - why didn't you just say "But apparently if she gets a tip I can still see it then"?

I don't see what the big deal about a tip is, to me is doesn't feel like it would be very distracting or anything. I don't think it's EVER rude to tip, and you should not even go there...

If that little tip notification really bothers you so much that you can't enjoy the show - maybe you should just focus on Skype shows?

I totally agree with him that the tip should be private. It's kind of bullshitty to spend 6 dollars a minute and have anyone else interfere. I personally would prefer for them to be sent as an offline tip, just so I don't get distracted myself. I'm like a squirrel. And I've been trained to acknowledge all tips. I've never had this happen, but it would fuck with my head to get a tip during a pvt.

Status
Not open for further replies.