AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Token Whore

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that I want all the money and money makes me wet so everyone should pay me. :handgestures-salute:

Brad said:
When I hear that term I think of a cam viewer who can't get something for free so he resorts to calling the model a token whore.
:thumbleft:

This does always seem to be a catalyst for the 'token whore' outbursts, I think you're on to something :-D

-

Guy: "show tits please, goddess, you're amazingly beautiful, I'd take you out to dinner and buy you wine and treat you like a queen!"

Model: "please tip for requests"

Same Guy: "fuck you ugly skank. token whore. go fuck a homeless guy, hooker-face"

I think the term 'token whore' is stupid tbh. Acting offended and angry that *gasp* a cam girl is wanting tokens in return for goods and services!

No one ever calls nurses, teachers, plumbers, hairdressers 'money whores' or 'paycheck whores' ....I think the problem lies with the fact that the men using that term are just bitter that they have to pay to see some tits, and because they can't deal with the resentment that they feel towards us, or women in general, they have to resort to juvenile name calling to make themselves look better than us. Its moronic.

We're ALL whores for money. No one would do their job for free. Everyone does their job and puts in their time for the paycheck at the end of the week. We (camgirls) don't deserve to be shit on for it though.

SpexyAshleigh said:
I think the term 'token whore' is stupid tbh. Acting offended and angry that *gasp* a cam girl is wanting tokens in return for goods and services!
Aside from goods and services, how about time? Even at moments where a model is not putting on a "show" or offering content for tokens, she's still giving her time to those who are watching. I don't think it's unfair for girls to ask for tokens merely for being on cam so long as she isn't completely ignoring everyone.

But I think that's the most common reason for an MFC member to call a model a token whore. When she has the audacity to want to be compensated for her time.

SpexyAshleigh said:

No one ever calls nurses, teachers, plumbers, hairdressers 'money whores' or 'paycheck whores' ....I think the problem lies with the fact that the men using that term are just bitter that they have to pay to see some tits, and because they can't deal with the resentment that they feel towards us, or women in general, they have to resort to juvenile name calling to make themselves look better than us. Its moronic.

We're ALL whores for money. No one would do their job for free. Everyone does their job and puts in their time for the paycheck at the end of the week. We (camgirls) don't deserve to be shit on for it though.

Pretty much this. It seems to be used in a way to imply a camgirl is only there for money. This is because many members have a giant delusion in that they want the camgirls to all be there simply because they're super horny, have loads of free time, don't have any bills to pay and just want to hang out with a bunch of guys on the internet because they happen to be so cool!
Now part of the fun of MFC is allowing yourself to have a bit of disillusion and enjoy the fantasy that the girls aren't just there for money. I think people do use token whore when it really shouldn't be used.

I don't think the word should be used, but I think if there were an appropriate time to use it it would mean someone who takes no pride nor care in their job, who doesn't care about the company/co workers/customers and has a very selfish/bad attitude about it. So in camgirl terms this might be when someone continues to get tipped yet is very ungrateful for it and constantly wants more, maybe gets tipped a lot but still complains and treats members badly whether they tip or not.

I don't think it should be a word ever used for a camgirl wishing to be paid for her job or the time/services she gives people.

Isabella_deL said:
It seems to be used in a way to imply a camgirl is only there for money. This is because many members have a giant delusion in that they want the camgirls to all be there simply because they're super horny, have loads of free time, don't have any bills to pay and just want to hang out with a bunch of guys on the internet because they happen to be so cool!
Now part of the fun of MFC is allowing yourself to have a bit of disillusion and enjoy the fantasy that the girls aren't just there for money. I think people do use token whore when it really shouldn't be used.

I agree with you, but to be fair to these "delusional" guys, that is a load-bearing part of the fantasy. Add to that the fact that tokens themselves are designed to help members forget that they are trading in actual currency, and having someone break that particular part and reminding you that they wouldn't be interacting with you unless they were being paid can be pretty jarring.

It's still a totally nonsensical pejorative.

It's people calling other people names, is all. It's like asking someone what the word cocksucker means.
So lets says someone performs fellatio. Does calling that person a "cocksucker" make them any different?

Shaun__ said:
If I visit a Token Whore, am I a Token John? What if I give a Token Whore tokens without asking for anything in return, does that make me a Token Friend or a Token Sucker? I need to know my proper title. :geek: I like things to be organized.

Hey, TokenJohn is one of my alternate MFC usernames!

Isabella_deL said:
SpexyAshleigh said:

Pretty much this. It seems to be used in a way to imply a camgirl is only there for money. This is because many members have a giant delusion in that they want the camgirls to all be there simply because they're super horny, have loads of free time, don't have any bills to pay and just want to hang out with a bunch of guys on the internet because they happen to be so cool!

I don't think the word should be used, but I think if there were an appropriate time to use it it would mean someone who takes no pride nor care in their job, who doesn't care about the company/co workers/customers and has a very selfish/bad attitude about it. So in camgirl terms this might be when someone continues to get tipped yet is very ungrateful for it and constantly wants more, maybe gets tipped a lot but still complains and treats members badly whether they tip or not.

I don't think it should be a word ever used for a camgirl wishing to be paid for her job or the time/services she gives people.

This.
Exactly this.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Brad said:
When I hear that term I think of a cam viewer who can't get something for free so he resorts to calling the model a token whore.
:thumbleft:

Exactly. I can't stand that term. Someone throwing a temper tantrum (because he can't get a freebie) would probably say something like "U aint even dat cute...u a dum azz token horr. Get a reel job!" :lol:

A "token whore" is likely a model who didn't show her tits to some guy for free and now everyone must know that she has the audacity to ask for payment for her services.

I guess it's a term intended to describe a model who is "only in it for the money" which I guess is theoretically a bad thing even though it pretty much describes every person in the world who has a job. If my employer didn't pay me, I sure as shit wouldn't be going into work tomorrow. Really, pretty much the only people who aren't "in it for the money" are the people who devote their lives to doing unpaid charity work.

GIVE ME ALLL LTHE TOKENS AND I WILL VIRTUALLY FUCK YOUR COCK!!!!!!!

GIVEEEEE MEEEEEEE NAAAAOOOOW!

:lol: Seriously, of course we're all "token whores" in some ways, but to me when I genuinely use it and not just joke about it I mean that the person ONLY strives for tokens, that they don't form IMO genuine relationships with their consumer nor do they care about quality, time, etc they only want the tokens. To me, when used seriously, it's a negative term because I think of someone who has poor customer relations. They care only about how much they get for something and not about the quality of it or the satisfaction of the person receiving said content.

I don't feel the need to call people names, so I'm not prone to use a term like that. If you ask what it brings to mind though, I'd say a model who constantly harps on tips far beyond just a reminder when things get slow. There are some models who I'd otherwise be interested in hanging out with, who just spend too much time giving the hard sell for me to be comfortable in their rooms. I expect to tip if I'm going to spend much time in a room, but given that I do, I'd like to be able to relax and have fun for a little while.

Reactions: KissTrixie
"they" say it like it's a bad thing.

cam models deserve to be paid for their time and effort

I don't use this word, and I do tend to think of the temper-tantrum throwing basics when I hear it. However, if I were to pick a type of model who it fit...

I would say someone who demands tips constantly, even when it's not slow. She'll ask for more and more and more without offering anything extra, and she pushes it to the point where it would make most people uncomfortable. Let's say she has a member who tips for most of her countdown. Instead of saying "Wow, TokenJohn, that is so nice of you! Thank you, now can everyone else chip in and help out?" she'll say "TokenJohn, are you going to tip the rest of the countdown?"

It's all in the way it's used -- which I believe should be never. Could be used disparagingly in a light-hearted attempt to poke fun at one's own profession. Could be used in an utterly mean-spirited manner by an asshole member.

You're in the business of making a buck, but who in business isn't? Let's just leave the "whore" term out of it. Or start saying secretary whore, teacher whore, car sales whore or editor whore. I'm sure we all have days when we feel like we're prostituting ourselves for the almighty dollar, no matter what profession we're in.

AmberCutie said:
SpexyAshleigh said:
Aside from goods and services, how about time? Even at moments where a model is not putting on a "show" or offering content for tokens, she's still giving her time to those who are watching. I don't think it's unfair for girls to ask for tokens merely for being on cam so long as she isn't completely ignoring everyone.

But I think that's the most common reason for an MFC member to call a model a token whore. When she has the audacity to want to be compensated for her time.

oh of course time is included. I think time goes along with services, because companionship and entertainment (even if its not sexual) is still a service.

SpexyAshleigh said:
AmberCutie said:
SpexyAshleigh said:

oh of course time is included. I think time goes along with services, because companionship and entertainment (even if its not sexual) is still a service.
I didn't think you disagreed or anything, just wanted to drive the point home. :)

I think the best response to being called a token whore:

"I'm not a token whore, bb. I'm a token merc!"

:) Or, whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.