AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

TROLLS ? (idk)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
Long ago I knew exactly what a troll was, where they lived, what they did, and that they had no commute. Well what it is to be a troll has changed it seems. For some years now I had a hunch that what I was told was not 100% accurate. I had set up camp under a bridge and quite expected to have to do battle with the troll when he returned from wherever he had gone, but he never came home while I was there.

The only thing I know for sure about trolls, is they are not every dick head, asshat, and Fuck tard, but often seem no different.

Your thoughts? And please, I can, and prolly will Google it, but I would like to hear it in your words/voice.

Reactions: SoTxBob
I told you my opinion of what a troll is in another thread, but please do not think I believe all trolls are bad. Some people summon the attention of an avenging troll to their home through their own actions. They still hurt people, but they are hurting bad people.

Avenging trolls though can be a bit tame reading though, so I want you to read Meeting A Troll when you have a free moment to spare. The troll in it is special in the horrible things it did.

Reactions: camstory
tumblr_levsv4EOUY1qze8b3o1_500.jpg

I understand your thoughts on this subject, Camstory. We start out thinking we know what's what (a thousand children's books could not be wrong, certainly!) and then we get to the Internet and find out that our perceptions of little goblin-y creatures are either off or totally mislead!

The issue I find is that most people think trolls, fairies, elves, et cetera, are pretty set in their ways - and while that might be true, they're certainly not stagnant.

Just as the frolicking fairy has evolved to become the frolicking homosexual man, so has the troll adapted to modern times.

The original purpose of the bridge troll was just to be a dick; generally he didn't do anything, he just made people (specifically goats) feel miserable. On the rare occasion where people kept feeding the troll, the troll would get unruly and start to do shitty things (like eat the goats).

You will find that the modern troll, being a descendant of trolls who accidentally chewed on ethernet cables just trying to ruin some dude's day, are much the same. They don't really do anything; their goal is to muck around and cause themselves some entertainment. In the event that they are well-fed by plump Internet goats, they may then become more vicious or attempt to do life-threatening actions, which usually seems to be blackmail (I have no doubt many trolls would attempt to swallow their victims whole; it is after all a very popular fetish, but the Internet troll, like its ancestor, is very cowardly - they hid under bridges for a reason).

So fear ye not, Camstory. The stories of trolls you grew to love were not shams; instead, the clever troll has evolved into a techno-troll to prey on the easy wastelands of the Internet. Only hipster trolls use real bridges anymore.

I once heard it defined by a psychologist friend as someone who won't, not necessarily can't, distinguish positive attention from negative attention.

It's a tough one. Some of the most insightful and intelligent posters I've ever come across online I've seen branded as trolls as they have derailed threads to expose homophobia/sexism/racism - they've turned "it was a joke!!!" threads into "you're a dick" threads. A troll in one environment is a valued member in others.

Oh , I've given my opinion on the other thread ) either sociopaths or malignant narcissists, just killing time by doing what they enjoy the most: fucking with people ^^

Wabi_Sabi said:
I once heard it defined by a psychologist friend as someone who won't, not necessarily can't, distinguish positive attention from negative attention.

It's a tough one. Some of the most insightful and intelligent posters I've ever come across online I've seen branded as trolls as they have derailed threads to expose homophobia/sexism/racism - they've turned "it was a joke!!!" threads into "you're a dick" threads. A troll in one environment is a valued member in others.
There are smart trolls who sometimes use their evil for good, and there are dumb trolls who are only out to get a reaction and will say/do anything.

I've encountered both, and can't tell you which are harder to deal with, because sometimes I want to give the smart trolls a chance, then I end up regretting it. :lol:

There is only one smart troll that I can relate with, and he is both loved AND hated here at this forum.

Reactions: Rose and camstory
China Western said:
Ummm...hello I'm China. China Western. I am not a troll (but I have met one)
Hi China, you might want to introduce yourself on the "who the ****" thread@general discuss sub forum here.

Tell me China was this troll a handsome fellow, oh never mind just go introduce yourself proper.

Evvie said:
I understand your thoughts on this subject, Camstory. We start out thinking we know what's what (a thousand children's books could not be wrong, certainly!) and then we get to the Internet and find out that our perceptions of little goblin-y creatures are either off or totally mislead!

The issue I find is that most people think trolls, fairies, elves, et cetera, are pretty set in their ways - and while that might be true, they're certainly not stagnant.

Just as the frolicking fairy has evolved to become the frolicking homosexual man, so has the troll adapted to modern times.

The original purpose of the bridge troll was just to be a dick; generally he didn't do anything, he just made people (specifically goats) feel miserable. On the rare occasion where people kept feeding the troll, the troll would get unruly and start to do shitty things (like eat the goats).

You will find that the modern troll, being a descendant of trolls who accidentally chewed on ethernet cables just trying to ruin some dude's day, are much the same. They don't really do anything; their goal is to muck around and cause themselves some entertainment. In the event that they are well-fed by plump Internet goats, they may then become more vicious or attempt to do life-threatening actions, which usually seems to be blackmail (I have no doubt many trolls would attempt to swallow their victims whole; it is after all a very popular fetish, but the Internet troll, like its ancestor, is very cowardly - they hid under bridges for a reason).

So fear ye not, Camstory. The stories of trolls you grew to love were not shams; instead, the clever troll has evolved into a techno-troll to prey on the easy wastelands of the Internet. Only hipster trolls use real bridges anymore.
I like this post very much. One finds it hard not to like all your post for their intellect, and articulate use of vocabulary, but I like this one particularly well.

Shaun__ said:
I told you my opinion of what a troll is in another thread, but please do not think I believe all trolls are bad. Some people summon the attention of an avenging troll to their home through their own actions. They still hurt people, but they are hurting bad people.

Avenging trolls though can be a bit tame reading though, so I want you to read Meeting A Troll when you have a free moment to spare. The troll in it is special in the horrible things it did.
WOW, a game thing. Is this what door bell ditch, or prank calls has become? At 17 years old, no childish prank. I'll never take the the term troll so lightly again.

camstory said:
China Western said:
Hi China, you might want to introduce yourself on the "who the ****" thread@general discuss sub forum here.

Tell me China was this troll a handsome fellow, oh never mind just go introduce yourself proper.
Hah speaking of which (note the original post/poster is deleted)...

AmberCutie said:
camstory said:
China Western said:

Was that the man you mentioned on twitter today or is that something else entirely different?

FDVP9.jpg

Shaun__ said:
AmberCutie said:
camstory said:
China Western said:

Was that the man you mentioned on twitter today or is that something else entirely different?

FDVP9.jpg
Unfortunately, no. That means there have been 2 of those today. The one earlier was much worse and more disappointing. :(

Edit: then again, I suppose China didn't have to be female, though it's a feminine name. Also, the irony is not lost on me that the originator of this thread likes to create multiple accounts on a forum. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.