AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Trouble getting an apartment

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudreyFae

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 22, 2015
I'm trying to get an apartment and am asked for proof of my employment, or given applications asking about my current employment. I'm not quite comfortable telling future landlords what I do for a living, especially men. I'm just curious what other girls write down when getting apartments or on resumes for more traditional jobs. I model on Chaturbate and get payed through Payoneer so would that change my banks pay information and make it easier to tell a white lie? Thank you!

You can say that you're self employed or an independent contractor. If they ask what you do, you could say that you're an independent model. I personally say that I am a graphic designer since I have a degree for it, and I do mostly videos.

You won't have any paystubs to give them, so if they need proof of income, you could give them a few months worth of your bank deposits (or proof of income on Payoneer).

If you sign up to get verified as a model, you will find a lot more information.

I say model/entertainer and provide printouts of my pay history.

If people ask for more details, I explain that its for an adult website. People usually don't ask any more questions after that.

Ive also used independent contracting web developement and video editor because its technically true.

Please keep in mind that lying and over explaining will make you look sketchy, and in some places lying on an application or lease can be grounds for eviction.

I tell them that I do photo editing from home. It explains how my pay changes all the time, why my car rarely leaves the driveway, and it's just boring enough that they won't ask for more details.

I tell them I'm a contracted performer working for an online employer. They usually connect the dots and don't push it.

Print out your Payoneer info, and if you have last year's 1099, or your tax forms, you can use that to verify that you have taxable income.

They WANT YOU to rent the place. They really want to place someone in it so they get money. The thing is that they just want to make sure you can afford it. Places usually ask for 1 month's worth of check stubs for renting around here. But for me, since my income is pretty unstable they have asked for a bit more, including my 1099, and 2 months of check deposit images.

Just be prepared to jump through hoops. And be honest about your job without giving too much away. I would never share my performer name! Also remember, that they are skeptical, but they want the place rented.

Status
Not open for further replies.