AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Troubleshooting for a new(ish) model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilith_Winter

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 4, 2015
So I've been camming for just over a month. My first couple weeks were pretty good. These most recent couple of weeks, however, have been a complete disaster. I generally only make a few dollars in a session, no matter how long I stay on cam. Tonight I made $7 in 2 hours. It's KILLING my camscore. My camming hours have been a bit more erratic because I'm covering for a sick coworker at my other job... but I doubt that's the only issue causing me trouble.

I've read that if your camscore is tanking, you should log off and try again later, but it seems like no matter when I log on, I'm not making money. I try to keep conversation going, but there's only ever like 8 people in my room, and they only want to talk in PMs. I try to move around a little and show off the goods, but there's only so much I can show when no one's tipping. The combination of no public chatting and no tipping means my room's gotten kind of boring. My camscore is now around 650, and I'm starting to worry that there's no coming back from this. I've been reading this forum religiously, but I'm still having trouble.

I'm not sure if I just attract freeloaders, or if something about me or my show has people hesitant to tip. Has anyone ever been in this situation, or can anyone offer me any advice? I'm kind of freaking out because I love camming but if my score drops any lower, no one's going to be able to find me.

Reactions: JaxxDaniels
MFC is definitely unforgiving to new models because of camscore. That being said, I've seen plenty of established models on here say that they've had scores below 1000 before, so cam scores CAN be revived. It might take some time and TLC, but it can be done. If you need camming as a source of income right now, maybe you should try a site that doesn't have a cam score for you to have to work with. Have you tried any other sites?

BlairLuxe said:
MFC is definitely unforgiving to new models because of camscore. That being said, I've seen plenty of established models on here say that they've had scores below 1000 before, so cam scores CAN be revived. It might take some time and TLC, but it can be done. If you need camming as a source of income right now, maybe you should try a site that doesn't have a cam score for you to have to work with. Have you tried any other sites?

I haven't. I joined MFC because I'd heard it was the best/most popular site. I've been on Chaturbate a few times, and was considering trying it before deciding on MFC. I guess it just seems... I dunno, a little daunting to be juggling multiple sites. I get stressed out very easily haha. Though the whole camscore thing is a huge source of stress for me right now, so maybe I should take a break and try a site that doesn't use such a thing. I'd love to put time and effort into getting my camscore back where it should be, but I haven't got a clue what to do... or even what I'm doing wrong. Gah.

There isn't a "best" cam site. Some sites work for some girls better than others. A site without a cam score might be good for you to try out if you're too stressed out with MFC. Inconsistency can be a killer on MFC, because you are so dependent on making a community of regulars, so keep that in mind. There's a learning curve to camming like any job, so just keep your chin up. Being new can be tricky. Good luck!

The whole bit about logging off when it's slow is some of the worst advice I see out there. It takes time to build up a fun room. My first month I would stay on for five or six or seven hours most days I cammed. When I started logging off when it got slow, I started doing SO much worse and I could never figure out why. Days where I've cammed for a long time are almost always heaps better.

I very rarely make much my first hour of camming, sometimes nothing at all, and the traffic is much less too. Some days are duds in general, but for the most part, hour two is better than hour one, hour three is better than hour two and so on. Once it dies down for a bit, then I log out (or when I get too sleepy!). Or once a countdown is met, I stay online for a little bit, try to go for another countdown, and keep going until there's still water. It is pretty rare that I am not online for less than three hours at a time, doesn't matter how slow it is. Lately I've had to log out earlier because I've been sick, and I absolutely hate that because it feels like going home during the middle of a performance, and that feels like a detriment to my camscore if anything.

Trust me on staying on longer. The more you're online, the more tippers will find you. If your camscore is low, it won't take as much to bump it up. Try to find as many things to get members interested in tipping. Play games for small token amounts, do flashes, I've always found raffles for skype time to be great. Maybe even try a high tip of the evening gets a 30 minute Skype chat session (not a private, just chatting). A lot of members like one on one time, even if it's just talking. The sky is the limit! Good luck!

I've been interested in the whole raffle thing, but since I haven't made any videos yet, I wasn't sure what the prize should be. The Skype time thing sounds like a great idea! And I get what you're saying about staying on for a long period of time. I've always felt a bit iffy about logging off when it's slow, especially because I always do countdowns and I don't want to make anyone feel like I cheated them out of a show. I think I'd definitely like to set aside a good 4 hour block of time for camming on Monday, and see how that goes. Because the on/off/on/off thing definitely hasn't been doing me any favors. Thanks for your input!

Lilith_Winter said:
So I've been camming for just over a month. My first couple weeks were pretty good. These most recent couple of weeks, however, have been a complete disaster. I generally only make a few dollars in a session, no matter how long I stay on cam. Tonight I made $7 in 2 hours. It's KILLING my camscore. My camming hours have been a bit more erratic because I'm covering for a sick coworker at my other job... but I doubt that's the only issue causing me trouble.

I've read that if your camscore is tanking, you should log off and try again later, but it seems like no matter when I log on, I'm not making money. I try to keep conversation going, but there's only ever like 8 people in my room, and they only want to talk in PMs. I try to move around a little and show off the goods, but there's only so much I can show when no one's tipping. The combination of no public chatting and no tipping means my room's gotten kind of boring. My camscore is now around 650, and I'm starting to worry that there's no coming back from this. I've been reading this forum religiously, but I'm still having trouble.

I'm not sure if I just attract freeloaders, or if something about me or my show has people hesitant to tip. Has anyone ever been in this situation, or can anyone offer me any advice? I'm kind of freaking out because I love camming but if my score drops any lower, no one's going to be able to find me.

Tell them to start talking in public chat.

MrRodry said:
Lilith_Winter said:

I do try, but they're... very persistent about PMing. I'll say to the room every so often something like "it's so quiet! I really love when people use the public chat!" and so forth. I've tried a thing where they'd have to tip me 20 tokens for me to reply to their PM. That turns them right off. I've tried just ignoring PMs (except from regulars or people with a specific question) but then they all just leave the room. And some of these PMers wind up tipping (though most don't.) It's kinda hard to tell what I should do.

I'm no expert, but I know one thing that would help. When I read your OP, you don't have a link to your MFC profile or twitter acct. There are quite a few members who peruse these forums and you're missing out on a great and easy way to promote yourself to what I'd like to assume are well behaved, decent tipping potential regs. :)

Reactions: Lilith_Winter
swagger said:
I'm no expert, but I know one thing that would help. When I read your OP, you don't have a link to your MFC profile or twitter acct. There are quite a few members who peruse these forums and you're missing out on a great and easy way to promote yourself to what I'd like to assume are well behaved, decent tipping potential regs. :)
Another good idea! I haven't been here (the forum) long at all, but I'll look into how to make those links right now. Thank you :)

Lilith_Winter said:
MrRodry said:
Lilith_Winter said:

I do try, but they're... very persistent about PMing. I'll say to the room every so often something like "it's so quiet! I really love when people use the public chat!" and so forth. I've tried a thing where they'd have to tip me 20 tokens for me to reply to their PM. That turns them right off. I've tried just ignoring PMs (except from regulars or people with a specific question) but then they all just leave the room. And some of these PMers wind up tipping (though most don't.) It's kinda hard to tell what I should do.

A lot of models find that they have success setting PM options to "friends only" and then charging to add members to their friendslist for PM privileges. I've also seen a few say that they'll answer questions in PM's out loud, rather than typing back, so that at least something is going on for the entire room.

SaffronBurke said:
Lilith_Winter said:
MrRodry said:
Lilith_Winter said:

A lot of models find that they have success setting PM options to "friends only" and then charging to add members to their friendslist for PM privileges. I've also seen a few say that they'll answer questions in PM's out loud, rather than typing back, so that at least something is going on for the entire room.

THIS! Set your PMs to friends only.

Talking in PMs will distract you from the room and you will lose potential tippers. Also, from my experience, people that PM without tipping have no intention on ever throwing a nickle your way... they just wanna chat. Or even worse, they wanna talk dirty with you for free with the little hanging promise of a potential private that is never gonna happen.

Lilith_Winter said:
MrRodry said:
Lilith_Winter said:

Turn PM to friends only and they have to tip you to be added to your friends list! That is how I stopped that problem :)

Edit: too late haha it's already been said :shifty: , but that is great advice anyway

Lilith_Winter said:
I've been interested in the whole raffle thing, but since I haven't made any videos yet, I wasn't sure what the prize should be. The Skype time thing sounds like a great idea! And I get what you're saying about staying on for a long period of time. I've always felt a bit iffy about logging off when it's slow, especially because I always do countdowns and I don't want to make anyone feel like I cheated them out of a show. I think I'd definitely like to set aside a good 4 hour block of time for camming on Monday, and see how that goes. Because the on/off/on/off thing definitely hasn't been doing me any favors. Thanks for your input!

Definitely don't get too discouraged if things are slow for now, it might take a few weeks for things to pick up as regulars get familiar with you. A good attitude is the most valuable thing you can have on cam!

Regarding raffles, I never found video raffles to be successful at all. When they're for Skype time, there's major interest. Just something to consider perhaps. :)

EDIT: Oh geez, turn PM's to friends only ASAP. Most PM-ing people will not tip, they're looking for free dirty talk, free personal time etc. If someone wants to be on your PM list, they should tip you for it (regardless of camscore or level, I think every model should charge 100 at minimum). If they can't give you $5 for your time, they probably never will. If someone asks to PM for free, tell them to send you an MFC mail since that's free. Most leave because that's not what they wanted.

Thank you guys! But I've got two different options when adding friends... "manage MFC friends" and "manage profile friends." What's the difference between these two? I've always wondered. I'm gonna assume that the MFC friends is the one that matters concerning PMs...?

Lilith_Winter said:
Thank you guys! But I've got two different options when adding friends... "manage MFC friends" and "manage profile friends." What's the difference between these two? I've always wondered. I'm gonna assume that the MFC friends is the one that matters concerning PMs...?

MFC friends and Profile friends are two separate lists. Only the MFC friends will affect your PMs, models who may enter your room (if you have models blocked), and will show up under friends online/in your room.

Profile member friends and favourite model names will appear on your profile, unless you have that disabled.

Reactions: Lilith_Winter
Profile friends are just members whose names show up on your profile (below rate & admire). It's completely useless unless you just want to have them gain some notoriety to whomever reads your profile.

MFC friends (on right side of homescreen) is who is able to PM you (when you have PMs set to only receive from friends). This list shows you who is online at any given time.

I have been camming since late Jan. and am finally figuring out how to change my profile. Thanks to this forum my expereinces are getting better. I just need to get my schedule and timing work

Status
Not open for further replies.