AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitch takes tokens now.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say as well: It is quite difficult to get partnered. You can't just jump into it, it's a process and you have to put quite a bit of work and hours into it beforehand. I've been on twitch for a while, and my old twitch channel was over a year old with many, many more followers than my current one. Neither of them are partnered nor do I feel I'd be ready for that. It's like taking on a full-time job on the streamer's end.

So if people are looking at this as a way to make vanilla-site money right off the bat, it's not. Twitch is a beast and it's difficult to gain traction there. Even more so than a camsite, I feel.

That's why I quit it. After being there for quite a while I decided to cut ties. Even thought I had some followers that were real sweet to me, I wasn't making money and just wasting electric and Internet. In the end I think twitch is only good just for fun and don't dream too much. Let their select group with that. Just stream for fun.

That's why I quit it. After being there for quite a while I decided to cut ties. Even thought I had some followers that were real sweet to me, I wasn't making money and just wasting electric and Internet. In the end I think twitch is only good just for fun and don't dream too much. Let their select group with that. Just stream for fun.
I think streaming for fun is the environment there for sure! A lot of streamers don't even accept donations and don't treat it as a job at all. There is also a big stigma there against newer streamers coming on and expecting to make a living... it's so opposite of camming in that way. :)

Reactions: AmberCutie and Gen
I can se it now, tip menus. XD
  • 100 snapchat for the month
  • 500 pick a song
  • 1,000 mouse pad
  • 1,500 snapchat for the month
  • 2,000 signed photo
  • 2,500 send you a mouse pad

I can se it now, tip menus. XD
  • 100 snapchat for the month
  • 500 pick a song
  • 1,000 mouse pad
  • 1,500 snapchat for the month
  • 2,000 signed photo
  • 2,500 send you a mouse pad
I dunno though, don't you think if people were inclined to do this sort of thing they'd have started it with regular donations already?

I sort of wish that MFC stated their package discounts like Twitch does, tho...

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 11.34.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 11.35.30 AM.png

I feel like maybe the % discount would be more visually appealing/alluring to token purchasers to buy bigger pkgs.

I sort of wish that MFC stated their package discounts like Twitch does, tho...

View attachment 64033 View attachment 64034

I feel like maybe the % discount would be more visually appealing/alluring to token purchasers to buy bigger pkgs.
The only problem I see with that is, it might be visually turn off people from buying more then 1875 as the next packages are barely even a discount. It wouldn't even make a 1% discount.

It would look like:
200 tokens for $20

550 tokens for $50
- 8.1% discount

900 tokens for $75
- 16.7% discount

1875 tokens for $150
- 20% discount

3775 tokens for $300
- 20.6% discount

7575 tokens for $600
- 20.8% discount

Edit: After reading this, I actually do prefer this! You got me sold!
.6% and .8% sound a lot better then 25 free tokens above the previous package, and I'm sure all members calculate that at some point and think "who cares".

Man, if this was for every streamer, I would be on this in a heartbeat.

When I tried camming on MFC, I also tried streaming some Audiosurf 2. I had one guy in there who was pretty excited about watching that, but randoms would come in just to tell me, rudely, to go to Twitch for this. And I would, if only Twitch had a tipping system available to anyone. I feel like it would be a lot more fun if people coming to watch me weren't automatically belligerent because I don't have my tits out.

I spent the last two weeks trying to figure out how to set up my own streaming server so I could integrate a tippable live stream through my own website, just so I could try the idea of gaming for tips out. Unfortunately, the only cost effective choice for this is setting up a Red5 server, but the software - though free - is poorly documented and you run into a problem with some outdated dependancy they had on some Google Code file that they abandoned when they moved to Github. Otherwise, we're looking at pretty steep monthly subscriptions for hosting or high upfront costs for the software to do it yourself.

Come to that, though, if one can figure Red5 out (or afford the alternative software solutions), they can theoretically create a streaming site that does offer tipping to all of its members. Like, the configuration of software I was using was actually designed to create Twitch clones, where users can sign up for your site and create their own live streams. I was just only planning to use it to broadcast a single stream for myself.

They have now implemented a way to get free bits by watching ads (which by the way you have to "interact" with after the video ad plays to complete the action.)

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.59.28 AM.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vanwe
They have now implemented a way to get free bits by watching ads (which by the way you have to "interact" with after the video ad plays to complete the action.)

View attachment 66615

The watch ads option isn't active all the time and changes from week to week. If they have ads that fall in your demographic it turns on but sometimes it will disappear and return later.

I'm actually using a twitch 3rd party as a direct pay method for sessions since it works in EU and only take 1% in some cases. They don't care if you never actually stream with the account to send donations and paypal doesn't get upset that way.

Last edited:
The watch ads option isn't active all the time and changes from week to week. If they have ads that fall in your demographic it turns on but sometimes it will disappear and return later.

I'm actually using a twitch 3rd party as a direct pay method for sessions since it works in EU and only take 1% in some cases. They don't care if you never actually stream with the account to send donations and paypal doesn't get upset that way.

I tried it. Most often it gave me 5 or 10 bits at a time. But there was a few times where i received as many as 75. Are the amounts randomly allocated or is there a trick to getting more bits per ad view?

I tried it. Most often it gave me 5 or 10 bits at a time. But there was a few times where i received as many as 75. Are the amounts randomly allocated or is there a trick to getting more bits per ad view?

It depends on the ad or how complicated the ad is.

FWIW, there is now an affiliate program for Twitch that you can join so you can accept bits, even if you're not partnered.

http://affiliate.twitch.tv/

Apparently in the future they will start letting affiliates handle subscriptions as well, among other things.

So, if you can do that, why strive to become partnered?

There's still some advantages to being a partner.

1*Ez_4vGWYIj0CGH3VnX9_og.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: Always_Tim
Status
Not open for further replies.