AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitter embedding disabled for adult accounts?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmd

Apr 21, 2022
Screenshot of error message: Not found Sorry, we can't create an embed for that. It may have been deleted or made private. Please try again.
Whenever I try to get an embed link for tweets from certain accounts I get this error message, even if the content itself is not adult-oriented. I'm not sure if the accounts have restricted this themselves but I'm skeptical of that because I don't think everyone would have done it and certainly not at the same time. It seems more likely that they've disabled embedding for accounts that post adult content.

Has anyone else noticed this?

View attachment 96158
Whenever I try to get an embed link for tweets from certain accounts I get this error message, even if the content itself is not adult-oriented. I'm not sure if the accounts have restricted this themselves but I'm skeptical of that because I don't think everyone would have done it and certainly not at the same time. It seems more likely that they've disabled embedding for accounts that post adult content.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I'm confused what you're trying to embed where?

I'm trying to embed twitter posts on my website. Normally you can copy a code from the post and paste it and the tweet will show up wherever you post it.
Oh I'd imagine you can kiss any of that goodbye since Elon took over... a lot of API and 3rd party use stuff is out the window.

Disabled that kind of stuff here at ACF last week when a big final (maybe) portion of API and external site stuff shit the bed.

Reactions: pmd and AudriTwo
Well damn. I'm glad you posted this. Mine was working fine until now but now I see "bad authentication data" on my website.

I wonder if it works for those who pay for the twitter checkmark.

Reactions: pmd
Well damn. I'm glad you posted this. Mine was working fine until now but now I see "bad authentication data" on my website.

I wonder if it works for those who pay for the twitter checkmark.
I know there are different options for those who integrate Twitter into their site vs. just blue users. I got an email from Twitter announcing we were losing access to the API options we previously used and to learn more at developer.twitter.com which shows free/paid plans for certain API accessibility.

Thanks. I thought it was strange that I couldn't find anyone talking about it being broken since usually those changes get some kind of coverage. If I find confirmation of anything I'll post it here.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Does this mean there's no point in posting any twitter content here now?

Does this mean there's no point in posting any twitter content here now?
No this is specifically about the API and embedding it.. like if you have a website and want to embed a realtime little box that shows your feed, that's broken.

• Helpful!
Reactions: pmd and AmberCutie
Status
Not open for further replies.