AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ultimate Camgirl Showdown - Public

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evvie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2012
SdsX91D.png

Hello gentleman, friends, and everyone else!

You may have noticed here and there that ladies are starting to put Ultimate Camgirl Showdown badges in their signatures.

This is a contest we started in the Model's Only section! The premise is that models who work on the same site, and have a similar ranking and number of fans, will battle it out for a set period of time to see who can be the best! So it is quite a bit like the 'tip wars' you may have seen some models doing.

Like X-Box achievements, there are a variety of badges models can earn and display! There are a couple of them listed below.

g5fPTMj.png

The Platinum MyFreeCams winner's badge

QpbUW8L.png
odoKBa5.png
3CYF1DY.png

Challenge badges for different websites and rankings

yEKVomJ.png

A special badge for models who are undefeated

There are currently 26 badges a model can win, plus 15 Challenge badges.

In the future, we are planning on having tournaments and special challenges. Fun stuff!

We wanted to post the rules publicly so that battling models can just point them to this thread instead of having to explain everything from scratch every time! In light of that, here are the official rules:

♥ Models place themselves into a tier (1-5) depending on their site ranking and number of fans.
♥ Models post that they are ready for a challenge and pair up with other models who have the same tier and website (for example, one T2 Chaturbate model will look for another T2 Chaturbate model).
♥ The models decide how long each battle will be for. Currently, there are battles going on for a month, a day, or a set number of hours.
♥ When both models are done with their fight, they compare results! Whichever model has better results gets to post in the Hall of Fame and collect all the badges she has earned.

For us, this competition is a good way to stay motivated and it's just plain fun! So if you see any ACF models talking about "battles" or "fighting" or "showdowns," there is a good chance this is what we are talking about!

Members: Do you feel like you have some good ideas for what could make this competition more interesting? Do you have ideas for badges that ladies would probably enjoy? Send me a PM or post those ideas here!

Models: This is NOT the thread to post your results in! Go to the original UCS page. Unsure of what to post in this thread? Look at this!

Unapproved Models: Are you interested in this competition but do not have a Model account on ACF? Just wait until you are approved and then you can sign up! It is open to any and all interested ladies, from all websites! The reason this challenge is for models with approved accounts is because the Hall of Fame, original thread, and Badge list were all started in the private section.

Mayaaaaa said:
Yay! Thank you Evvie! Should we post here when our battles are happening? And maybe any updates for what's going on during the battles?
You can if you want to! Not all models necessarily want their fights to be public but I know some do!

Reactions: Mayaaaaa
Crumb said:
How are the Tiers measured?
Crumb, it is pretty subjective! Models rank themselves on what level they think they are at. In reality, the different tiers are not super important, they just exist to help models find a fair match! Plus with all the different tiers I got to make badges of all the different colors and stuff :D

Korreline said:
Crumb said:

Direct from the OP:

♥ Models place themselves into a tier (1-5) depending on their site ranking and number of fans.
yea, saw that, but it's sort of vague. as far as I can tell, models on SM aren't really ranked. the fan component... Evvie who has 1.5k followers on twitter is T1 (according to her own badge)... then for example, would Kitty Wilde with 30k followers (fans) would she be T4 or T5? or is it roughly based on # of regs in room. questions, I have em :p
and I know nothing about Chaterbate

Evvie said:
Crumb said:
Crumb, it is pretty subjective! Models rank themselves on what level they think they are at. In reality, the different tiers are not super important, they just exist to help models find a fair match! Plus with all the different tiers I got to make badges of all the different colors and stuff :D
cool, thanks for clearing it up :)

Yeah sure, how to turn friendly nice members into myopic fanatical zombies like the fan club of olivia4naked, no thanks, I will resist this evil plan!

RedHerby said:
Yeah sure, how to turn friendly nice members into myopic fanatical zombies like the fan club of olivia4naked, no thanks, I will resist this evil plan!

It depends how it's handled, yo. There's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition, and if it's just a case of models pushing themselves that little bit harder to make that little bit more and win a badge in the process, then that's great.

But if it's actually sold as a competition to members, then I kind of agree. It's still great for the model, but it also puts a lot of pressure on members to tip more than they otherwise would, and maybe more they can afford. And if their model "loses", then they've spent all that extra money in vain. It also might have the adverse effect of members tipping less models than they otherwise would have tipped, instead choosing to concentrate on just one model (great for that model, but not so great for the others).

I can't speak for everyone else, but I know that I plan to keep most battles a little more to myself and use them as a way to motivate and push myself personally as well as a fun way to engage with other models! I think making it more of an exciting event in the room can be fun as well, though if the models involved are into it! :dance:

Maybe I've missed something but I take it "the results" are tokens earned in the battle period? Is this being judged by ranking and/or camscore changes over the set period. Or is the whole thing reliant on a looser fair play declaration by the players?

The winners are based on amounts earned during the time period decided on by the models.

The Tier stuff is none of your beeswax that's why its left vague! Each model determines their own tier, based on their own judgement so they can be matched against similar models. That's all :) Its not super complicated at all..

The competition is supposed to be friendly, and if you get mean and nasty about it I will come and kick your ass.

And I like mine public cos i think its fun when the members get to follow along with tip wars I've done in the past, but not everyone does! :p

A few of the comments on this make me sad.

And if you don't like tip wars, don't get involved. You are all adults, making your own decisions with your money. we are not forcing members to go broke trying to help us win. Its like anything else - a tipping incentive. Just the same as a video deal, or a game, or a countdown to a show. Everything we do puts pressure on members in some way or another to tip us. Trying to get guys to tip is apart of our jobs.

Tipping a model to help her win, and then having her loose - if you consider that to be a 'wasted' tip.. well then dont tip at all.. i find that to be such a sad remark to make. "wasted"... :(

nzhere said:
I just want to know if they will be fighting in jelly or oil :think:
:pray:
Some full on oil or mud wrestling in a sturdy paddle pool, at an agreed venue, would lend a real spectacle and event dimension to the showdowns. :)

Reactions: missmeowmixx
mynameisbob84 said:
It depends how it's handled, yo. There's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition, and if it's just a case of models pushing themselves that little bit harder to make that little bit more and win a badge in the process, then that's great.

Yes, exactly. Believe it or not models love and support each other. Even when battling we know that in the end we will both win because the friendly competition and support for each other pushes us to try harder and thus do better. We'll do our best not only trying to win, but because we want the other girl to do her best, too.

This job is hard and we can do it and just be happy with where our "camscore" is or anything like that, or we can try harder to please our fans, do more hours, do more awesome shows, make more videos, etc. That is how models develop themselves, go further, and can afford a better life. By this the members win too just because we're having this competition. It's just that it's a little more public but smaller scale than say, the top 20.

mynameisbob84 said:
But if it's actually sold as a competition to members, then I kind of agree. It's still great for the model, but it also puts a lot of pressure on members to tip more than they otherwise would, and maybe more they can afford. And if their model "loses", then they've spent all that extra money in vain. It also might have the adverse effect of members tipping less models than they otherwise would have tipped, instead choosing to concentrate on just one model (great for that model, but not so great for the others).

That's dumb, Bob. Even when a model is trying for the top 20 members aren't necessarily tipping her to be #1 (although they hope for it!) they're tipping _her_ because they like her, it makes her happy, they get videos, shows, etc. It isn't a waste just because the model doesn't take first. You can support a model without it having be a competition--sure--but every day a model tries to do her best; the only difference is now she's doing it with the model community cheering her on.

If you have trouble controlling your spending to the point where you can't eat then that is not our fault or our problem. Your tipping is your responsibility. Blame it on us however you want, but we're not the one over drafting your debit card.

Personally, this challenge is just an excuse to improve myself. I'm currently battling Jillybean in a 5 hour battle. I don't even see it as a battle "against" her, as I do a battle against myself. It's a good enough excuse to push myself to work harder, as opposed to sometimes letting laziness keep me offline. Would I normally get on at 1 pm PST? Not at all. But I need to in order to hit the 5 hours before our deadline runs out. Who knows, I might find some fantastic new people in this time slot, whereas I wouldn't if I wasn't doing this challenge. This is just a thinly-veiled motivation game Evvie thought of, and it's a fantastic idea.

It's just for funsies, guys. ;)

AlexLady said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Yes, exactly. Believe it or not models love and support each other. Even when battling we know that in the end we will both win because the friendly competition and support for each other pushes us to try harder and thus do better. We'll do our best not only trying to win, but because we want the other girl to do her best, too.

This job is hard and we can do it and just be happy with where our "camscore" is or anything like that, or we can try harder to please our fans, do more hours, do more awesome shows, make more videos, etc. That is how models develop themselves, go further, and can afford a better life. By this the members win too just because we're having this competition. It's just that it's a little more public but smaller scale than say, the top 20.

mynameisbob84 said:

That's dumb, Bob. Even when a model is trying for the top 20 members aren't necessarily tipping her to be #1 (although they hope for it!) they're tipping _her_ because they like her, it makes her happy, they get videos, shows, etc. It isn't a waste just because the model doesn't take first. You can support a model without it having be a competition--sure--but every day a model tries to do her best; the only difference is now she's doing it with the model community cheering her on.

If you have trouble controlling your spending to the point where you can't eat then that is not our fault or our problem. Your tipping is your responsibility. Blame it on us however you want, but we're not the one over drafting your debit card.

Say whut? Blame? You're gonna have to point out to me where I assigned blame for anything. Of course it's not the model's fault if a member tips them more than they can afford. It would be naive to think that these competitions don't lead to some members spending more they can afford to, but that's not a reason to not do them. It's just one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of them.

I can only speak for myself, but I tip what I can afford to, and nothing more. So, for me, the only way I'd be able to help a model out in one of these competitions and tip them more than I ordinarily would do, is to tip more than I can afford. Which is something I'm not prepared to do. Or I guess I could always tip one model at the expense of another. My point is, for myself (and every other member on a limited budget), there's not much allure to these things. Members with deeper pockets might love them as it gives them an opportunity to support their favourite model and stand out amongst other members :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Jupiter551
CharlotteLace said:
Personally, this challenge is just an excuse to improve myself. I'm currently battling Jillybean in a 5 hour battle. I don't even see it as a battle "against" her, as I do a battle against myself. It's a good enough excuse to push myself to work harder, as opposed to sometimes letting laziness keep me offline. Would I normally get on at 1 pm PST? Not at all. But I need to in order to hit the 5 hours before our deadline runs out. Who knows, I might find some fantastic new people in this time slot, whereas I wouldn't if I wasn't doing this challenge. This is just a thinly-veiled motivation game Evvie thought of, and it's a fantastic idea.

I agree with this! It's just a fun game between models that serves to motivate us to stay on a little longer (or through a slower period when we'd normally log off) or to work a little harder.

Last night I battled curvyredhead and it was really fun. I let a few members know about it, but mostly it wasn't about winning, but more about pushing each other to do better. Normally I would log off in a slow period, but knowing that we were battling, motivated me to stick it out a little longer. It was done 100% in fun. :)

mynameisbob84 said:
I can only speak for myself, but I tip what I can afford to, and nothing more. So, for me, the only way I'd be able to help a model out in one of these competitions and tip them more than I ordinarily would do, is to tip more than I can afford. Which is something I'm not prepared to do.
^ I feel the same way, that said I think this competition sounds like a lot of fun so long as it's kept in the spirit of fun and positivity! :D I would love to see a battle board or other results, in a way that made the 'losers' not embarassed etc.

CharlotteLace said:

EXACTLY!!

I also used it on Twitter to say "I'm battling this girl" and mentioned her in the tweet, and I told my guys in the room about it this morning and they were interested and went and actually CHECKED HER OUT! It was awesome! I'm pretty sure one of them even took her private! I loved it.

And even though things came up in my day, and I couldn't do my whole 5 hours, I probably lost and I don't give a fuck. I still think it was a successful "battle!"

Jupiter551 said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I can only speak for myself, but I tip what I can afford to, and nothing more. So, for me, the only way I'd be able to help a model out in one of these competitions and tip them more than I ordinarily would do, is to tip more than I can afford. Which is something I'm not prepared to do.
^ I feel the same way, that said I think this competition sounds like a lot of fun so long as it's kept in the spirit of fun and positivity! :D I would love to see a battle board or other results, in a way that made the 'losers' not embarassed etc.

This all depends on how we all handle it. It could get cutthroat and real ugly. Or we can be sweet and light. Thankfully the girls on this forum are having a good time with this. I hope it stays that way and doesnt get as bad as MFCs top 20 can get at times. It will ruin it for me if it does.
I used my battle as motivation to stay on longer than i would have. Because of that i got an extra long session and got an extra badge for it :) Im glad i stayed on and pushed through, and wouldnt have had i not been battling.

Reactions: Jupiter551
Jupiter551 said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Jup, the only problem I can see with this is that I suspect you fellows are taking this more seriously than we are. To my knowledge none if the ladies had any worry or conversation about the competition turning cutthroat or members feeling pressured to help a model win. I have heard nothing but support and excitement from models when I first suggested this concept a few weeks ago.

There was mentioned some worry about the ladies turning mean about this, but I feel it is far more likely for undue pressure to be placed on models if the winning records are made public.

I would be happy to see models who so choose to post their results publicly, but I won't encourage models to do so.

The important thing to remember is that this is a friendly competition made to give models something to do for fun. As much as I like you guys, and although I think making this thread was a good idea, this competition was not made for members to be audience to it. To the models who choose to make their wins and battles public, great; otherwise, I don't want to confuse people in to thinking that this is something we are doing for the benefit of the public

Miss_Lollipop said:
... You are all adults, making your own decisions with your money. we are not forcing members to go broke trying to help us win. Its like anything else - a tipping incentive. Just the same as a video deal, or a game, or a countdown to a show. Everything we do puts pressure on members in some way or another to tip us. Trying to get guys to tip is apart of our jobs ...
I work for a beer brewery, of course we want to sell lot's of beer. However, more and more there is pressure to do it 'right', to take also responsibility for alcohol abuse in the society, I do recognize some arguments from you, our PR department uses them also :)

RedHerby said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
... You are all adults, making your own decisions with your money. we are not forcing members to go broke trying to help us win. Its like anything else - a tipping incentive. Just the same as a video deal, or a game, or a countdown to a show. Everything we do puts pressure on members in some way or another to tip us. Trying to get guys to tip is apart of our jobs ...
I work for a beer brewery, of course we want to sell lot's of beer. However, more and more there is pressure to do it 'right', to take also responsibility for alcohol abuse in the society, I do recognize some arguments from you, our PR department uses them also :)

I think the level of responsibility camgirls have over 'addicts' and the potential for abuse with members on mfc is a discussion for another thread. Its not much to do with this one. Tip wars have been around for a while..this is nothing new. If you really wanna discuss it guys maybe someone should make a new thread?

RedHerby said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
I am afraid I also do not see much of a correlation between the competition and addiction/abuse.

I do not feel like the UCS is going to pressure models in to perfection or make them responsible for the uncontrollable spending habits of other people.

I really think you guys are taking this way more seriously than we are.

I feel that there has been a base understanding. Please let me try to correct it!

This has been inaccurately described as a "tip war" game. The concepts are similar, but they are not the same.

CharlotteLace was correct. This is a thinly-veiled game of motivation.

What I am seeing from four private pages of models competing and posting results, is that models are being motivated to put more hours in.

I am not seeing any models feeling anxious about winning or losing. I am not seeing anyone upset about the results or pressuring members for big tips because they need to win.

This is, for all intents and purposes, a contest that encourages a model to put in the most hours on cam possible in a set period of time. For models who work many hours but don't work "hard", it encourages them to step up their game (id est, be more entertaining and fun, and put on more shows).

Let me use myself as a case study: before this little competition, I was working 5 hours a week. The day after the competition started, I worked 6 hours in a day. This is obviously a significant increase for me and it was due to wanting to win! After two (lost, by the way) battles I now have a game plan to increase my normal hours worked each day and ideas of how to work harder so I can begin to win! My fans on Streamate were thrilled that I was on so often during the day and they were eager to see me back online more often and with more motivation to actually work (I used to turn down a lot of shows and privates!). The results of the UCS for me, so far, has been very positive for myself and the members that support me.

In this competition, I am actually seeing huge advantages for members. Namely, your favorite model will want to log more hours and be more competitive, such as offering more competitive pricing, more interesting shows, and more things to do in her room.

Yes, some models are bad eggs and might use this as an excuse to pressure members. However, they were already doing that before the UCS came along and they will do it after.

As stated in the OP, I posted the rules publicly so battling models would be able to say "go read this" instead of having to explain the rules over and over again. This was not meant to be a competition to garner the interest of camsite members, nor does it need to. In the nicest way possible, this is a competition from models between models, not a competition from models for members. I respect that some people might not like the idea of inter-model competition, but we seem to be enjoying it very much.

Indeedy and amen to Evvie. I have sat back and read with interest and enjoyed the excitement unfold between the participating girls since Evvie made the thread in models only. I have no plans to take part as of yet but this showdown is about motivation and encouragement to do better amongst our friends and colleagues and to my mind the competition is against ourselves. To put in more hours and perhaps try new or more shows in a day to see what we can achieve and get a nice shiny badge at the end of it. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: LadyLuna and Evvie
Status
Not open for further replies.