AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Understanding New Model Status

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maeve

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jan 7, 2014
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hi all,

I just joined MFC and will not be doing my first show for a few days, but I had a quick question about New Model Status.

I understand that New Model Status lasts for a minimum of 3 days, but I was wondering if that was measured in # of days logged on OR as 3 consecutive days. For example, if my first show is Monday will it only last through Wednesday, even if I only log on on Monday?

I'm asking because I want to take advantage of the status/traffic as much as possible. If it is indeed the case that the status only lasts for 3 consecutive days regardless of whether or not you log on, I want to make sure to start on a day when I have the next 2 days free as well.

Thank you in advance!

Maeve

It looks like the default selection is seven days, and the least amount of time is zero days.

f8arPie.jpg

Reactions: Maeve
In the past, it was thought that that the new model tag lasted for the first 10 hours of camming, regardless of how many days. For those first 10 hours your camscore could be increased faster than normal. With the change to being able to see the new model tag longer I wonder if the ability to raise the camscore faster is still true or if it was ever true? I am pretty sure I learned that factoid here, maybe someone else can enlighten us further. :think:

Just Me said:
In the past, it was thought that that the new model tag lasted for the first 10 hours of camming, regardless of how many days. For those first 10 hours your camscore could be increased faster than normal. With the change to being able to see the new model tag longer I wonder if the ability to raise the camscore faster is still true or if it was ever true? I am pretty sure I learned that factoid here, maybe someone else can enlighten us further. :think:

It would go up faster as you being a new model had no 60 day average to take into account. Only the other factors (time online vs tips, and the MFC average) mattered. So for 60 days your score could go way up or down. That's how some girls who only have one hour online time can have under 1000 score. They didn't make enough that first hour to get the score up and are already going downhill on the site.

Now that there is no longer a 10 hour new status but each person can pick it the only thing i'm not sure about is how that's counted. I do not know if it is 7 days from the first broadcast, or 7 days of broadcasting. (That's if the member picked the 7 day choice.) I would assume it is from the first day you broadcast, but don't quote me on that. Maybe someone else can chime in for a definite answer.

Either way Maeve it's best to start when you can devote days to being on in a row if you can. Being consistent can really help you.

Teagan_Chase said:
Just Me said:

It would go up faster as you being a new model had no 60 day average to take into account. Only the other factors (time online vs tips, and the MFC average) mattered. So for 60 days your score could go way up or down. That's how some girls who only have one hour online time can have under 1000 score. They didn't make enough that first hour to get the score up and are already going downhill on the site.

Now that there is no longer a 10 hour new status but each person can pick it the only thing i'm not sure about is how that's counted. I do not know if it is 7 days from the first broadcast, or 7 days of broadcasting. (That's if the member picked the 7 day choice.) I would assume it is from the first day you broadcast, but don't quote me on that. Maybe someone else can chime in for a definite answer.

Either way Maeve it's best to start when you can devote days to being on in a row if you can. Being consistent can really help you.
Thank you for correcting the misconception about camscore. :thumbleft:

Also I very much agree with not logging on to cam until you can devote at least a few days in a row to it. Consistency and starting off strong are very important on MFC.

from your first broadcast, new model status lasts for 7 days (default setting)

Each member can set that to never show new models at the top of the model list, or show for 3, 7, 14, 30, 60, or 90 days .
Most members aren't going to change the display defaults from 7.

In the past it was a specific number of broadcast hours. So if you did a search here you might see some older references to that. Just ignore the old info

Swarles123 said:

Each member can set that to never show new models at the top of the model list, or show for 3, 7, 14, 30, 60, or 90 days .

In the past it was a specific number of broadcast hours. So if you did a search here you might see some older references to that. Just ignore the old info

Thank you:)

I'm not sure what you mean by the ( or show for 3, 7, 14, 30, 60, or 90 days ) tho? Are u saying I can change it from 7 and have the new model status for up to 90 days if I want? Sorry...lol

Girly_Girl said:
Swarles123 said:

Thank you:)

I'm not sure what you mean by the ( or show for 3, 7, 14, 30, 60, or 90 days ) tho? Are u saying I can change it from 7 and have the new model status for up to 90 days if I want? Sorry...lol
No. MEMBERS can change the way new models are displayed. THEY can defiine how long a model is new by changing their settings. Nothing a model can do to change that.

I got approved the other day tho but I haven't got on cam yet. So it wont start until the day I get on cam ? Also does it just count the days that I get on cam? Say like if I was to only get on cam every other day it would stretch it out over a 2 weeks time?

I've merged a recent and older thread's posts, updating for clarification as a model figured out the answer to this:
I do not know if it is 7 days from the first broadcast, or 7 days of broadcasting. (That's if the member picked the 7 day choice.)
It appears to be 7 calendar days, not broadcast days. So once a girl starts broadcasting, it would be to her benefit to plan to be on for most of the following 7 days (or 3 at least.)

I've merged a recent and older thread's posts, updating for clarification as a model figured out the answer to this:

It appears to be 7 calendar days, not broadcast days. So once a girl starts broadcasting, it would be to her benefit to plan to be on for most of the following 7 days (or 3 at least.)

It's 7 calendar days, unfortunately. I learned that the hard way.

It's 7 calendar days, unfortunately. I learned that the hard way.
Is it actually? I've only been live 3 times now, for a little over 3 hours but this was spread out over a couple months, I still find that I have a pretty good turn out in my room though. I'm going to check the next time I go live whether it says I'm a new model or not then. Also I was curious about this when I first signed up to MFC so I sent their model support an email and they said "The new tag lasts for ten hours of online time, and the time only elapses while your cam is on." confused.

model support an email and they said "The new tag lasts for ten hours of online time, and the time only elapses while your cam is on."
Sounds like the people running support weren't updated on the new process, or there is some discrepancy between how it actually works, and how it appears to work on the homepage.

In tangentially-related news, my MFC experience improved considerably once I figured out how the filters work. Learn to make friends with your filters.

Actually I dont think it is 7 calendar days, I added a new model a while back and she still had the new model tag after 7 days had passed.

Edit to add that yes my setting is set to 7 days before anyone says that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
Actually I dont think it is 7 calendar days, I added a new model a while back and she still had the new model tag after 7 days had passed.

Edit to add that yes my setting is set to 7 days before anyone says that.

There's some who slip through the cracks. One model I joke with because she's still got the new model status after [years???] of being on mfc.

Sounds like the people running support weren't updated on the new process, or there is some discrepancy between how it actually works, and how it appears to work on the homepage.
According to some posts in the models only section, I am thinking something is wrong with our previous assumptions/information.

Support keeps replying to girls saying it is still 10 broadcast hours. So *that* time starts on first broadcast. As far as the member-side settings go, the time seems to be counted differently, possibly. This is based off of a couple girls who created new accounts and planned ahead to maximize their new model status, and it isn't quite all piecing together as far as the timing goes. We are no longer as sure that the member-side settings work based off of calendar days from 1st broadcast or what.

So I guess the point of this post is to make sure to be prepared when you create your account and get your booty on cam and rock your first 10 hours/few days as soon as you're settled.

According to some posts in the models only section, I am thinking something is wrong with our previous assumptions/information.

Support keeps replying to girls saying it is still 10 broadcast hours. So *that* time starts on first broadcast. As far as the member-side settings go, the time seems to be counted differently, possibly. This is based off of a couple girls who created new accounts and planned ahead to maximize their new model status, and it isn't quite all piecing together as far as the timing goes. We are no longer as sure that the member-side settings work based off of calendar days from 1st broadcast or what.

So I guess the point of this post is to make sure to be prepared when you create your account and get your booty on cam and rock your first 10 hours/few days as soon as you're settled.

I honestly don't think support has a clue what's going on then. Because the 10 hours is not only wrong it's easily proven wrong. Anyone [on the member side] can simply switch to setting to see new models as long as 90 days, then find one that's been on for close to that and look her up on mycamgirl.net. There's plenty of them that are WAY over the 10 hours support is telling models.

For example KittyKatLuna, looks like her first time on cam was July 24th and she has over 102 hours on cam now. Yet she still shows up as new model to anyone with the setting put to 90 days. The 10 hour limit plays no part of anything as far as I can see.

Still working on when it starts.

Screenshot - 9_3_2015 , 8_50_56 PM.png

Screenshot - 9_3_2015 , 8_44_57 PM.png

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm under the assumption that they may use a weird combination of both methods actually? It's kind of hard to explain what I mean by this but basically I think that if you're a new model and have under 10 hours broadcasting but had your account over a week you will automatically show up as a new model, you will also show up if you change the number of days due to you being under 10 hours. Let's say you're over 10 hours though but are still under the automatic mark of a week, you would still show up as a new model. Last example here is someone who's been live for over 10 hours and over a week, you would not automatically show up as a new model unless the number of days are changed.

Hopefully what I just tried to describe there actually makes some sense lol this is all just a theory I have though and is by no means grounded whatsoever. With that being said with the turn out I've been getting going live I'd be pretty surprised if I didn't still have the new model banner up, I'm over the number of days, but under the number of hours. I will report back as to if I have the banner the next time I go live but I suspect it will then based on this random theory I've just proposed lol last until I've hit/surpassed the 10 hour broadcasting time and even if the number of days are changed I will then not show up either because I've surpassed that limit as well.

Something that lead me to this random theory btw is the fact that I've also seen new models who have had over 10 hours broadcasting time still have their new model banner because they're still under the automatic week mark.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm under the assumption that they may use a weird combination of both methods actually? It's kind of hard to explain what I mean by this but basically I think that if you're a new model and have under 10 hours broadcasting but had your account over a week you will automatically show up as a new model, you will also show up if you change the number of days due to you being under 10 hours. Let's say you're over 10 hours though but are still under the automatic mark of a week, you would still show up as a new model. Last example here is someone who's been live for over 10 hours and over a week, you would not automatically show up as a new model unless the number of days are changed.

Hopefully what I just tried to describe there actually makes some sense lol this is all just a theory...

I went and looked up a few models that showed as new model for 3 days and 7 days settings. I found some that were under the 10 hour mark, some in both settings. The ones who were less than 3 days new could still have the New Model flag turned off when i switched the settings to "Never." And the ones that had signed up over 3 days ago that still showed up on the 7 day setting who were also still under 10 hours on cam, the flag disappeared for them when I switched it over to 3 days.

I honestly see nothing to suggest 10 hours, 10 days, or ANYTHING under the models control that can change that flag. It is entirely up to the individual settings on the members side. And the hours have nothing to do with it. Every one I looked up on mycamgirl.net tonight, that setting corresponded to the first day of camming shown there.

I honestly don't think support has a clue what's going on then. Because the 10 hours is not only wrong it's easily proven wrong. Anyone [on the member side] can simply switch to setting to see new models as long as 90 days, then find one that's been on for close to that and look her up on mycamgirl.net. There's plenty of them that are WAY over the 10 hours support is telling models.

Nice work Jerry. I'm shocked and amazed the MFC's vaunted support staff would make such a glaring error and provide misinformation to new models.;)

• Funny!
Reactions: JubalCobb
I went and looked up a few models that showed as new model for 3 days and 7 days settings. I found some that were under the 10 hour mark, some in both settings. The ones who were less than 3 days new could still have the New Model flag turned off when i switched the settings to "Never." And the ones that had signed up over 3 days ago that still showed up on the 7 day setting who were also still under 10 hours on cam, the flag disappeared for them when I switched it over to 3 days.

I honestly see nothing to suggest 10 hours, 10 days, or ANYTHING under the models control that can change that flag. It is entirely up to the individual settings on the members side. And the hours have nothing to do with it. Every one I looked up on mycamgirl.net tonight, that setting corresponded to the first day of camming shown there.
That may be the experience you're having but a few girls in MO have said that they've already lost their new model status after just 2 days. So it seems like members settings don't make a difference in some scenarios either.

And the ones that had signed up over 3 days ago that still showed up on the 7 day setting who were also still under 10 hours on cam, the flag disappeared for them when I switched it over to 3 days.

Oh god this is getting confusing, yeah again that theory is by no means solid just trying to make some sense of the madness lol.

And the hours have nothing to do with it. Every one I looked up on mycamgirl.net tonight, that setting corresponded to the first day of camming shown there.

Honestly I would be pretty astonished if I did NOT have the new model banner though and I've had my MFC account since... late June? And went live for my first time sometime either late June or early July (prob early July). I've only been live 3 times now (very sporadic, I know lol) for a total of a little over 3 hours, again will report back if I have the new model banner still or not. Who knows, I did message MFC support about it too, maybe they specifically made my banner last 10 hours just for that reason then? I have no idea lol.

For a while when I was researching, I was also under the impression it was still the "10 hour" standard; I'm glad I saw more up to date posts explaining the change to members controlling how long they see new model status.

Regardless, I'm waiting until I have the availability to cam consistently before I start on MFC. I want to make as much use of the new model tag as possible.

I agree with Jerry. If I set my "new model" tag to "never" I get 0 models with the "new model" tag displaying. If I set it to the max of 90 days I (currently) get 397 models displaying the tag. Other settings are available for 3, 7, 14, 30, 60 days.

The member has complete control over the displaying of the "new model" tag. There is nothing a model can do to change that. I normally have mine set to 90 days, and I can vouch for the fact that it always lasts the full 90 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Status
Not open for further replies.