AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unfair Ban - What do you guys think?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm a long time lurker and member on Chaturbate. I was a customer to many on there and I got banned a few days ago and I think it's very unfair. Basically this girl I recently starting watching really caught my attention so I decided I would buy her social media (skype, snapchat, instagram and her personal phone number) I paid for all of these in single tips through out a couple of days after being a fan of hers and fan club remember for about one month or so. If I remember correctly I sent 1000 tokens for skype, 500 tokens for snapchat, 500 for instagram and 2000 tokens for her real phone number. (I can't recall if those are the exact numbers but it was for sure very close) All of this comes out to about 4000 tokens ontop of others I already spent on her for random things on the tip menu.

So anyways a week or so goes by and I noticed I was blocked on everything. It made no sense, we hadn't even spoken throughout that week since I was busy and I wasn't in her cam room for a few days and when I finally had time off and a chance to go in her cam room she wasn't online for like 2 or 3 days so I still didn't get to ask her why I'm blocked. I finally see her online and when I go in her room I'm being completely ignored and not even acknowledged and me being a fan club memember of hers, usually she would always say hi to me with a big smile and this time she just looked mad and then she suddenly decides to acknowledge that I'm in her room and she says "I feel used and lied to, you told me fake promises, you said you'd take care of me and everything else and now I'm just sitting here and you're not helping me" and I typed "What do you mean? I said I'd help you out, I'm sorry I'm not a millionaire I can't always tip I don't always have money to buy tokens I'm sorry" And she just made a really like angry face and sighed and she just sat there the whole time making it seem like her show is all sad and soggy because it's all my fault and I didn't tip enough.

It was honestly really embarrassing since there was many others in her room and it also made me feel like trash like as if I'm only useful if I'm spending money and a waste of her time if I'm not, I mean come on, there was many others in the room like it doesn't all fall on me to pay for everything. We had built quite a loving friendship through PM's in her cam room for over a month and when I run low on money, suddenly I'm not her "friend" anymore. Anyways, I was about to PM her to ask why I was blocked from everything (I think I already knew what she was going to say considering her reaction that already happened on cam about me not helping her enough) And right when I send the PM it looks like she read it and then she says she's logging off and just disconnected the cam.

So after this happens I'm just really angry at this point, like I spent a lot of money on this girl to have contact with her outside of Chaturbate and I did nothing wrong, we hadn't even had been in any contact whatsoever since I bought the accounts since I was busy and not in her cam room for a while. So what could i have possibly done wrong other than "not tipping enough"? Anyways 4000 tokens is roughly a $500 purchase in my currency and I wasn't about to let someone just take a huge amount of money from me for nothing and then complain about it, I'm not someone who would let someone take advantage of me. So I called my bank and filed a dispute on the charges I made for those tokens and the next thing I know is that my Chaturbate account is banned.

Now about getting my money back, I didn't get it back yet, the bank says it takes a few business days and they made it clear that it was just a credit back to my account and if the company (Chaturbate) wants to dispute the charge back and have proof to dispute it that the money would be taken back from me. So my questions is 1) Am I right that the ban was not fair when I'm the one that got scammed? and 2) Generally does Chaturbate fight against disputes? Do they try to pull up some type of proof even though they won't find any (unless they look at all the shows from this girl and find the parts where I'm tipping for her accounts and she's giving them to me by PM) I guess they could use that as proof but then I have proof that I'm blocked on everything unless they get in contact with her and she decides to unblock me but then we all know she would just go back and block me again after showing her "proof". Anyways not sure how Chaturbate works when it comes to charge backs but I will be livid if they take the money back by showing some type of fake proof, Chaturbate seems like it can be kinda scammy in that way.

What do you guys think about all this and do you think they will try to get the money back from me? Also do you guys think they would unban my account at some point?

I've been trying to call them to explain the situation but wait times are insane I keep having to hangup and then when I do have time to be on the phone it's on hold for so long that an automated message comes on saying that "There's no one available to take my call at this time" and the phone automatically hangs up on me.

So I called my bank and filed a dispute on the charges I made for those tokens and the next thing I know is that my Chaturbate account is banned.
Unfair ban from the model, but justified ban from Chaturbate.

Any site will ban you once you dispute/chargeback something purchased legitimately on their site.

Upvote 0
Yeah I could see chaturbate doing that, they don't seem to have any customer service skills whatsoever. But If they take my money back and I'm still banned, they will have a problem on their hands.

Upvote 0
So after this happens I'm just really angry at this point, like I spent a lot of money on this girl to have contact with her outside of Chaturbate and I did nothing wrong, we hadn't even had been in any contact whatsoever since I bought the accounts since I was busy and not in her cam room for a while. So what could i have possibly done wrong other than "not tipping enough"? Anyways 4000 tokens is roughly a $500 purchase in my currency and I wasn't about to let someone just take a huge amount of money from me for nothing and then complain about it, I'm not someone who would let someone take advantage of me. So I called my bank and filed a dispute on the charges I made for those tokens and the next thing I know is that my Chaturbate account is banned.

you should of contacted the site first about model not holding up her end of what you paid for to get your money back. it looks hella sketch if you go straight to the bank to dispute charges. it looks fraudulent activity was going on.

Upvote 0
you should of contacted the site first about model not holding up her end of what you paid for to get your money back. it looks hella sketch if you go straight to the bank to dispute charges. it looks fraudulent activity was going on.
CB told me that all sales are final and they don't do refunds :/

Upvote 0
Welp if CB wants to lose paying members I guess they can keep a zero tolerance no refunds policy. Even MFC makes exceptions when you provide proof and for the longest they were hardasses when it came to refunds. Always remember when doing an 'item' transaction through tokens to document the chat and what you purchased and any followup chat with the model about not fulfilling the purchase. Also language matters with support, be polite and also in some cases they can only return your tokens not refund them.

I do hope @punker barbie does reach out to you and find out the specifics of what happened. She might not have to power to reenable your account because of the chargeback but might find the model enough at fault for the chain of events at least it won't happen to another member.

Reactions: cheesydoritos
Upvote 0
Very true! I'm sure this type of thing happens to others that were big time customers as well.. Weird how they don't wanna work it out with the customers to KEEP the customer but instead just ban them. The site always felt scammy to me.

Upvote 0
When you do a bank chargeback, you are charging back chaturbate the company not the model who you decided to spend those tokens on after you purchased them from chaturbate. They are two separate transactions.
She was likely wrong to ban you, chaturbate was in the right. They really should however have better support when you contact them about something like this first, if that is in fact what you did.

Upvote 0
You weren't erroneously charged for tokens though, you did buy and spend them. The spending of tokens (tipping) is at your own option and risk and technically a gratuity and not a purchase. It's unlikely they'll not dispute seeing they're in the right. The site's terms of service does apply to broadcasters and viewers.

Cb always been iffy with support, while people can say it's a bad business model to be ban-happy toward it's users and shockingly bad at communication, they've always kinda been this way and doesn't seem to have hurt them financially in the long run that much.

It doesn't help that one of tips was for Skype and Chaturbate is a bit squeamish about that and as part of it's unclear rules policy has not been cool with offering Skype shows through their platform.

You got shafted by a broadcaster, not Chaturbate, but both of them could be seen as having banned you unfairly (personally think both did treat you unfairly, a no refund could've been handled better) but fairness isn't right or wrong.

Upvote 0
You weren't erroneously charged for tokens though, you did buy and spend them. The spending of tokens (tipping) is at your own option and risk and technically a gratuity and not a purchase. It's unlikely they'll not dispute seeing they're in the right. The site's terms of service does apply to broadcasters and viewers.

Cb always been iffy with support, while people can say it's a bad business model to be ban-happy toward it's users and shockingly bad at communication, they've always kinda been this way and doesn't seem to have hurt them financially in the long run that much.

It doesn't help that one of tips was for Skype and Chaturbate is a bit squeamish about that and as part of it's unclear rules policy has not been cool with offering Skype shows through their platform.

You got shafted by a broadcaster, not Chaturbate, but both of them could be seen as having banned you unfairly (personally think both did treat you unfairly, a no refund could've been handled better) but fairness isn't right or wrong.

Yeah I did spend the tokens and It was my choice to spend them, it's not like its was fraudulent or anything but In reality I was scammed by the cam model. So like it's just not fair to me, like you said. If they dispute my dispute on the charge back then I should start right now with opening a new bank account so they can't get my money back because I'm not about to be taken $500 for nothing and left with a banned account therefore I can't even speak with her to ask her to unblock me or whatever. It's just ridiculous. If I was a millionaire I'd let it go, but I'm not. I just like making people happy when I have a few extra dollars to spend and I feel like pure trash (not to mention stupid) that I spent all that money on a girl who acts like that. If chaturbate wants to fight my dispute I have no idea what they will say to my bank I mean if they're providing "proof" then it's fake "proof" and idk how to fight them with that so I think as soon as I get my money back from the dispute I'll shut down my bank and start new.

Upvote 0
This is pretty standard practice at almost every adult website that I know of. If you contact your bank to initiate a chargeback, they close your account. It isn't because they are feeling mean, but I think they're trying to protect themselves, legally. Most bank-chargebacks are because the charges are supposedly fraudulent, using a credit card without the owner's permission. Or that is the excuse given because a scammer wants to get more bang for their buck. And I don't know if CB has any way of really determining what is what. If they keep an account open after a bank chargeback, they know there is a HUGE HUGE HUUUUUGE risk that there will be another chargeback, and they'll lose even more money. And next time, who knows how much they'll lose? Thanks to so many scammers out there who have ruined it for legitimate chargebacks, most adult websites don't have room for much grey-area. Chargebacks are instabans for their own protection. Otherwise, they'd probably be hemorrhaging money, because some people are just not trustworthy.

So yeah. It really sucks that it happened to you because $500 bucks is a lot of money. But it's something important to keep in mind, whether it is with a clip site, a membership site, or a cam-site. Chargebacks are most likely going to end up getting your account closed on ANY site, unless you can convince the company itself to give you a refund. If you can't, you have to determine whether taking the money back is worth sacrificing your favorite site, or whether it's better to take the hit and stay silent and try not to let it ruin any experiences going forward.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's true Paige. Good points, I could see why they would ban me so it doesn't continue to happen. But I just wish they would be able to unban me.. if they look at my payment history I purchased so many tokens in the past and I've NEVER EVER done a charge back until now so they should trust me. I'll try to contact them again and see what can be done but I don't have any hope left.

Upvote 0
Yeah I did spend the tokens and It was my choice to spend them, it's not like its was fraudulent or anything but In reality I was scammed by the cam model. So like it's just not fair to me, like you said. If they dispute my dispute on the charge back then I should start right now with opening a new bank account so they can't get my money back because I'm not about to be taken $500 for nothing and left with a banned account therefore I can't even speak with her to ask her to unblock me or whatever. It's just ridiculous. If I was a millionaire I'd let it go, but I'm not. I just like making people happy when I have a few extra dollars to spend and I feel like pure trash (not to mention stupid) that I spent all that money on a girl who acts like that. If chaturbate wants to fight my dispute I have no idea what they will say to my bank I mean if they're providing "proof" then it's fake "proof" and idk how to fight them with that so I think as soon as I get my money back from the dispute I'll shut down my bank and start new.

Look, people are somewhat with you here so don't start talking crazy and ruin it. Understand that you might lose your chargeback because CB provided you the tokens you paid for and by your own admission you spent the amount you were given. It's not about what's fair, most people agree the model wronged you but the model didn't steal your money she stole your tokens.

This is all entertainment if you spent $500 on it then it should been $500 you're willing to let go. All this talk about running away from banks comes off a little childish, you have plenty of right to be angry but nobody gets a free pass to be foolish. I do hope you get your money back but stop with the extra drama.

Also understand not only did you chargeback CB but you also screwed the payment processor which will also flag you in the future. If it was a processor like xsolla or epoch you might have also fucked yourself over joining other adult sites since there maybe 3 or 5 processors total out there all these sites use.

If you do manage to move to another site and not have issues be sure to read the TOS and policies so you use a site with better consumer protection.

Upvote 0
$500 purchase in my currency

I know it's a hard lesson, but you really shouldn't spend more money that your ok loosing.

And if the reward isn't instant, you better be prepared for it to be a wash. Because there is really good chance it's just not going to work out.

Also on a side note, spending a lot of money all at ones, that can make a model think your crazy.

I called my bank and filed a dispute on the charges I made for those tokens and the next thing I know is that my Chaturbate account is banned.

Credit Card Fraud has gotten huge online. It's gotten to a point that any thing less then zero tolerance can snow balls into millions of fraudulent transactions. Selling fraud tokens is a huge scam. It's not just CB, it's like anything with a credit card. Even fortnight is this way.

also made me feel like trash

If a model is treating you like trash, you need to bail, never go back to that model. Their just going to abuse their position and take advantage of you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welp if CB wants to lose paying members I guess they can keep a zero tolerance no refunds policy.

It didn't use to be like that several years ago. But more recently the support has changed to a strict no refunds policy. They didn't lose me as a member, but I changed my behavior on the site and now I am much more defensive when i interact with broadcasters since every transaction is a risk. I never tip a large sum of tokens up front since I know I'm never getting them back. Private shows are still a drag ever since they implemented 10 minute minimums. I just did a private show yesterday where the girl answered her phone and spoke to the person on the other end for 5 minutes knowing full well that i'm stuck in the show and can't leave. That stuff aggravates me, and I'd probably buy more tokens from CB if it weren't for that.

Upvote 0
Private shows are still a drag ever since they implemented 10 minute minimums. I just did a private show yesterday where the girl answered her phone and spoke to the person on the other end for 5 minutes knowing full well that i'm stuck in the show and can't leave.

I stopped doing privates for this exact reason with random unknown to me broadcasters. Unless it is a broadcaster that I trust, I won't even attempt a private.

Upvote 0
CB told me that all sales are final and they don't do refunds :/

Not completely true.
I got tokens back after complaining for service paid and not given by a model maybe 2 weeks ago
it's not a refund, but they do examine requests.

the "10 minutes minumum" is not a new feature, It's a choice freely let to model's appreciation, and this time is a parameter on CB

Upvote 0
I know it's a hard lesson, but you really shouldn't spend more money that your ok loosing.

So true :)
I helped a model whom PC died about 2 years ago.
I've been regular in her room for 2 months or more. When she had that problem, she 'asked without asking' me help.
when i told her that i can help a bit (about 600 euros, a 'big' risk for me, just affordable), she promised to give back. I just answered 'ok', you see, to be polite but without believing.
It was just a nice surprise when she gave me back, months after the help I sent her.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheesydoritos
Upvote 0
10 minute minimum for privates? Ouch. Majority of my privates last 3-5 minutes because I assume that's how long majority of men can make themselves ejaculate when they masturbate.

I can tell you're not on the viewer side of this perspective because there are literally dozens of ways customers can get screwed over with the 10 minute minimum which has nothing to with wanting a short private show. My privates last 20-60 minutes given that they actually promise what they agreed to.

The 10 minute minimum creates an incentive for performers to promise something that they know they can't deliver on in the private show, because they'll at least get some tokens regardless once the customer clicks that private button. I could go on and on, but just a few quick examples:

-Girl has audio muted in public show. I ask her if she can turn her mic on, and she says she'll turn on her microphone in the private show. I enter private, and her microphone is actually broken, she says she'll type instead.

-Be in the couples category and see a girl broadcasting alone. I ask her if her guy is around to play and she says he's in the next room. I ask if he can enter and she says to send the private and she'll call him in. I enter private and she's yelling at him to come on cam and he won't enter. She says the site hasn't registered him yet so he can't appear on cam. I ask her to please cancel the show and i'll resend the private when he's ready. Nope, she claims she doesn't know how to cancel the show and 180 tokens of mine are now hers.

-Ask girl if she does rough dirty talk in private, and she says of course. As soon as I enter, she mentions that her roommate is asleep in the other room and she has to whisper everything quietly as to not wake her up. I can barely hear anything she's saying and the show is a dud.

From the performers perspective, I see the potential benefit for the 10 minute minimum. A viewer could ask for a quick flash in private and then leave immediately after. If I remember, that's one of the reasons that CB cited for creating this policy in the first place. I'm not arguing that performers shouldn't be able to set a minimum limit if they want to. It's their page and they can arrange it how they see fit. But as a customer, CB offers no way of filtering out those 10 minute minimums if I don't want to see them, so ultimately I end up accepting them anyway because it's too hard to find the ones without that limit.

Upvote 0
I can tell you're not on the viewer side of this perspective because there are literally dozens of ways customers can get screwed over with the 10 minute minimum which has nothing to with wanting a short private show. My privates last 20-60 minutes given that they actually promise what they agreed to.

The 10 minute minimum creates an incentive for performers to promise something that they know they can't deliver on in the private show, because they'll at least get some tokens regardless once the customer clicks that private button. I could go on and on, but just a few quick examples:

-Girl has audio muted in public show. I ask her if she can turn her mic on, and she says she'll turn on her microphone in the private show. I enter private, and her microphone is actually broken, she says she'll type instead.

-Be in the couples category and see a girl broadcasting alone. I ask her if her guy is around to play and she says he's in the next room. I ask if he can enter and she says to send the private and she'll call him in. I enter private and she's yelling at him to come on cam and he won't enter. She says the site hasn't registered him yet so he can't appear on cam. I ask her to please cancel the show and i'll resend the private when he's ready. Nope, she claims she doesn't know how to cancel the show and 180 tokens of mine are now hers.

-Ask girl if she does rough dirty talk in private, and she says of course. As soon as I enter, she mentions that her roommate is asleep in the other room and she has to whisper everything quietly as to not wake her up. I can barely hear anything she's saying and the show is a dud.

From the performers perspective, I see the potential benefit for the 10 minute minimum. A viewer could ask for a quick flash in private and then leave immediately after. If I remember, that's one of the reasons that CB cited for creating this policy in the first place. I'm not arguing that performers shouldn't be able to set a minimum limit if they want to. It's their page and they can arrange it how they see fit. But as a customer, CB offers no way of filtering out those 10 minute minimums if I don't want to see them, so ultimately I end up accepting them anyway because it's too hard to find the ones without that limit.

Your sarcasm detection is broken.

• Funny!
Reactions: Useful-Title
Upvote 0
It didn't use to be like that several years ago. But more recently the support has changed to a strict no refunds policy. They didn't lose me as a member, but I changed my behavior on the site and now I am much more defensive when i interact with broadcasters since every transaction is a risk. I never tip a large sum of tokens up front since I know I'm never getting them back. Private shows are still a drag ever since they implemented 10 minute minimums. I just did a private show yesterday where the girl answered her phone and spoke to the person on the other end for 5 minutes knowing full well that i'm stuck in the show and can't leave. That stuff aggravates me, and I'd probably buy more tokens from CB if it weren't for that.
Wow that's really upsetting to spend money on private to only watch them talk to someone else on the phone, very rude of that model. Sorry that happened man

Upvote 0
@cheesydoritos try to establish communication with cb support via mail. I have a feeling you are an okay user, who did something in an emotional state of despair and disappointment. Good luck.

CB does react to users complaints.

If I read correctly, originally the minimum minutes for a private came at the wish of girls who make a lot in public chat to make privates more attractive but it seems it's often misused by (studio) girls, who only want privates and indees use the safe minutes to buy time.

Upvote 0

the problem we have is this goes both ways. There's no minimum like this on the site i work on and i've stopped offering pvts very often to people i dont know because they will promise 10 mins and then leave 2 mins in and i have to spend the next 30 mins rebuilding my room.

I totally see the member issue if models use this to scam.. but on our side of it its pretty shit too. I dont really have a good solution though.

Upvote 0
the problem we have is this goes both ways. There's no minimum like this on the site i work on and i've stopped offering pvts very often to people i dont know because they will promise 10 mins and then leave 2 mins in and i have to spend the next 30 mins rebuilding my room.

I totally see the member issue if models use this to scam.. but on our side of it its pretty shit too. I dont really have a good solution though.

I think the option for a 10 minute minimum is fine as it is, especially for models with a large viewership as you mentioned. It could be very detrimental to user traffic if someone initiates a private and leaves after a few minutes. But on the user end there's no way for me to view the pages I want to. CB offers no ability to filter pages by time; only price.

Also a lot of performers have a 10 minute minimum on their page and they don't even know that it's there, which makes me wonder if 10 minutes is set as the default when you begin to broadcast? I've asked some models if they can remove the 10 minute minimum and they have no idea what im talking about. Perhaps because they work at a studio and someone else sets it up for them, or it's just the default setting.

Upvote 0
Yup, it's set by studios. I totally believe you that many studio models will not know about it or will assume 10 minutes minimum is totally the standard and therefore nothing to debate about.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.