AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

unfair regional traffic on streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2021
Hi girls! Ive written this to some workers on streamate, and please join me "complaining" as you know this has been a big problem and if lots of people talk about it maybe they think a little about change it. Lets have some hope about it. xoxoxo

Hi Liz. How are you?
Please dont take me wrong cause im writing you , but i kind have to and is my only option since i feel a little discriminated lately on streamate, and, i am talking with many, many models who feels the same, seriously you have to check it and listen to us cause we're human and what we're asking for is nothing, nothing from the other world, nothing that absurd that all of your team just ignore us. I love streamate, really, i love the way it works, i love the system and the kind of viewers but i am getting tired, tired and sad that everyday i just have to say "sorry, i dont speak italian" and i have to say that 100 times a day, cause you just dont let me stream where i have more probabilities to be sucessfull. Why i did i have learned english in a very good school when i dont have the possibility to stream on countries where i can speak english? Tell me why also did i join this world, expecting no diferences, no discrimination and money that comes from my work but im not having that, im having the same discrimination the same lack of equality rights ive found on the other "normal" jobs i had, why?? Why just models who streams from USA have the oportunity to have results, good viewers and payers and we, models that comes from Europe, America, Africa, models who lives in poor countries, why we have to try harder each day, with the same effort, with the same good cameras, with the same good decor on our rooms, with the same or more hours dedicated to this site have to fight 3 times harder than models in USA to get some income from our hard work?? Im literaly crying writing this cause im fighting hard for my goals but im very frustrated that the place that i like most is just cutting my dreams away, how do you think im feeling knowing that im just looking like a fool cause i can do my very best always but i will never, never be able to have fair incomes from my work comparing with the same chances models from USA have. Im not even talking about the percentage you pay for them, cause i kinda understand it cause i dont have to pay taxes from my incomes here in Portugal, but i just dont understand how you can treat us like that. I wish you could think, just think a little, try to position yourselfes on our situation and feel some empaty about us, cause i know that on the past was not like that, one day this was different. What do you need? Do you want me to print all messages i receive from users asking me why i dont display myself in USA as i speak so good english? You want me to print all the messages i have to send to users explaining myself why i have to display myself on Italy when i speak only english?? Why the other models doesnt matter for you? Were human, girls with bigger goals and thats why we joinned streamate and trusted on streamate, some of us will just quit that life goals because streamate in some point just decided to close that door for us, and thats just sad. You receive, and i know that, lots, lots of messages from girls saying the same, so please, please dont keep ignoring us, listen to us, pay atention about what we're saying, we know that you're good but you could get even better if you pay some atention to us. You're literally running away with other cultures from streamate and that is what makes a place rich, interisting and fun, that multiculturality, makes guys join your comunity and stay there, guys who speaks english get happy to know me when i say im not from USA, people embrace diferences nowadays, thats not bad, thats what happens when we live in a global world with many interesting and different people. USA receives lots of different people each year, each month and even with pandemics, so i really dont understand why this mess is happening with us. Each time im going to stream i end crying thinking why another girl from USA is having her life so much easier than me when i try so hard to be sucessful here and respect all the rules so hard...
I just needed to write it cause if we girls wanted all this happening with us, we would just stayed with our "normal" jobs and accept an unfair future with no chances to change it, if we joined streamate anytime of our lifes it was just because we dreamed about a better life. Please keep that light working on our lifes, dont turn it off.

you can change your display country to an English-speaking country. like USA or UK.
Screenshot_7.png

hope this helps and gets better bb! men with boners can be dumb dumbs.

Upvote 0
Hi girls! Ive written this to some workers on streamate, and please join me "complaining" as you know this has been a big problem and if lots of people talk about it maybe they think a little about change it. Lets have some hope about it. xoxoxo

Hi Liz. How are you?
Please dont take me wrong cause im writing you , but i kind have to and is my only option since i feel a little discriminated lately on streamate, and, i am talking with many, many models who feels the same, seriously you have to check it and listen to us cause we're human and what we're asking for is nothing, nothing from the other world, nothing that absurd that all of your team just ignore us. I love streamate, really, i love the way it works, i love the system and the kind of viewers but i am getting tired, tired and sad that everyday i just have to say "sorry, i dont speak italian" and i have to say that 100 times a day, cause you just dont let me stream where i have more probabilities to be sucessfull. Why i did i have learned english in a very good school when i dont have the possibility to stream on countries where i can speak english? Tell me why also did i join this world, expecting no diferences, no discrimination and money that comes from my work but im not having that, im having the same discrimination the same lack of equality rights ive found on the other "normal" jobs i had, why?? Why just models who streams from USA have the oportunity to have results, good viewers and payers and we, models that comes from Europe, America, Africa, models who lives in poor countries, why we have to try harder each day, with the same effort, with the same good cameras, with the same good decor on our rooms, with the same or more hours dedicated to this site have to fight 3 times harder than models in USA to get some income from our hard work?? Im literaly crying writing this cause im fighting hard for my goals but im very frustrated that the place that i like most is just cutting my dreams away, how do you think im feeling knowing that im just looking like a fool cause i can do my very best always but i will never, never be able to have fair incomes from my work comparing with the same chances models from USA have. Im not even talking about the percentage you pay for them, cause i kinda understand it cause i dont have to pay taxes from my incomes here in Portugal, but i just dont understand how you can treat us like that. I wish you could think, just think a little, try to position yourselfes on our situation and feel some empaty about us, cause i know that on the past was not like that, one day this was different. What do you need? Do you want me to print all messages i receive from users asking me why i dont display myself in USA as i speak so good english? You want me to print all the messages i have to send to users explaining myself why i have to display myself on Italy when i speak only english?? Why the other models doesnt matter for you? Were human, girls with bigger goals and thats why we joinned streamate and trusted on streamate, some of us will just quit that life goals because streamate in some point just decided to close that door for us, and thats just sad. You receive, and i know that, lots, lots of messages from girls saying the same, so please, please dont keep ignoring us, listen to us, pay atention about what we're saying, we know that you're good but you could get even better if you pay some atention to us. You're literally running away with other cultures from streamate and that is what makes a place rich, interisting and fun, that multiculturality, makes guys join your comunity and stay there, guys who speaks english get happy to know me when i say im not from USA, people embrace diferences nowadays, thats not bad, thats what happens when we live in a global world with many interesting and different people. USA receives lots of different people each year, each month and even with pandemics, so i really dont understand why this mess is happening with us. Each time im going to stream i end crying thinking why another girl from USA is having her life so much easier than me when i try so hard to be sucessful here and respect all the rules so hard...
I just needed to write it cause if we girls wanted all this happening with us, we would just stayed with our "normal" jobs and accept an unfair future with no chances to change it, if we joined streamate anytime of our lifes it was just because we dreamed about a better life. Please keep that light working on our lifes, dont turn it off.
Change your display country. I speak English mostly, but I'm also fluent in Spanish and French, so I like to mix things up. Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
You cannot select any country. Every model is given a selection based on countries near to or with the same language as their ID.
So for me, I have a British passport and live in Cyprus. The countries I'm offered are UK, USA, Canada, OZ and then some countries near to UK like Iceland, Norway etc. I'm not offered countries near to where I live at all, which is fine by me as I speak no Greek.

Upvote 0
Oh wait, this is the same as the other sites basically? I dont visit streamate much but at first glance i thought it was only showing me english countries but it looks like I can see some colombians too so the main concern is if someone choses a specific region (edit: or the flag display?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannyhomebody
Upvote 0
Oh wait, this is the same as the other sites basically? I dont visit streamate much but at first glance i thought it was only showing me english countries but it looks like I can see some colombians too so the main concern is if someone choses a specific region?

It used to be you could pick anywhere you wanted but it was so abused by models they changed it only a few years ago (at one point about 6 years ago models with UK tags were almost ALWAYS Russian models with translators or babestation models for example). As a customer the current system is great because when you sort by country you get better luck matching languages. I have empathy for what she's upset about but she's upset at the wrong people about it.

I would ask the OP if Romania is a possible option as most customers understand Romanians 90% of the time are English speakers on cam and usually can set their prices to match even the American models and get good business.

I would ask her to be devil advocate about this and suggest a way for her to both get what she wants while at the same time not allow the original customer issues to return.

Upvote 0
I think the OP will find it really useful hearing a custie point of view and sounds to me like a good idea. Certainly all rooms I've peeped in with models showing Romanian flag have great English and some really well respected models commanding great rates on the site have a Romanian flag.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
If I was going to complain about discrimination on SM, it would be in relation to the fact that they pay out a lower % for models in Europe and other countries than North America. Same job, lower pay rate because of location feels a little discrimitory to me tbh.

Upvote 0
If I was going to complain about discrimination on SM, it would be in relation to the fact that they pay out a lower % for models in Europe and other countries than North America. Same job, lower pay rate because of location feels a little discrimitory to me tbh.

Any time a Streamate member bitches about how a model is "too expensive," I wish the motherfuckers knew that Streamate models only get fucking 35%. In some cases, 30% (Like if they're with a studio or daily pay, I believe). And apparently some get even less than that. So FUCK YEAH to jacking up those rates for premiums and exclusives. Let those rude bargain hunter guys go elsewhere for their lil' quickie privates, if they got a problem.....

Upvote 0
Any time a Streamate member bitches about how a model is "too expensive," I wish the motherfuckers knew that Streamate models only get fucking 35%. In some cases, 30% (Like if they're with a studio or daily pay, I believe). And apparently some get even less than that. So FUCK YEAH to jacking up those rates for premiums and exclusives. Let those rude bargain hunter guys go elsewhere for their lil' quickie privates, if they got a problem.....
Outside of North America and some other countries (cant remember which off the top of my head) the standard pay is only 30% (in Europe for example you only make 30%), if your using something like baylon for daily pay and are in Europe then it's lower and since most studios take 50% if your on SM through a studio then your getting 15%. Studios that use sites like SM tend to have tiered payouts but you can never make more than the 30% that streamate is paying so you still only end up with a tiny % of what you were acctually making.

From my experiance on SM members there are willing to pay more for shows than other places, but it's kind of a mute point if you dont acctually end up with more in the bank.

Upvote 0
Outside of North America and some other countries (cant remember which off the top of my head) the standard pay is only 30% (in Europe for example you only make 30%), if your using something like baylon for daily pay and are in Europe then it's lower and since most studios take 50% if your on SM through a studio then your getting 15%. Studios that use sites like SM tend to have tiered payouts but you can never make more than the 30% that streamate is paying so you still only end up with a tiny % of what you were acctually making.

From my experiance on SM members there are willing to pay more for shows than other places, but it's kind of a mute point if you dont acctually end up with more in the bank.

I was in my friend Goddess_Aphrodite's room a while back, and heard her say she's only getting like 20 cents (Or was it 15?) on the dollar. I decided to just go on her ManyVids page to use the "Make it rain" tip feature so she could get 80%.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone! If y'all are interested on what happened I can explain.

Streamate traffic was always regional *pretty much*;

USA model = USA traffic
Colombian Model = Colombian traffic

All models found a trick, and this trick was to use a USA VPN so Streamate system would recognize that you're american and give you american traffic.
The problem was that a looooot of models were using it, multiple latinas taking advantage of this little trick and would create a frustation in those members who were taking them private and then find out they couldn't speak english.

April 2021 Streamate changed the whole site and since then to have set a USA/UK flag you NEED an ID from that country.

This obviously created a big frustration in everyone because suddenly they lost all their american good quality traffic, and I'm sorry, but it's just the way it is now. They won't override anything or make any exceptions. You gotta find a way to have a USA ID or just go to another site.

Upvote 0
Yes americans are superior on Streamate. No idea why. They do get the best traffic and 35% comission when the rest of the site gets 30%.

Upvote 0
not my playground but are you sure they can select any country? I was told only latin countries by a colombian but I will see if she can send me a picture and she speaks perfect english.
Contact support for instructions if not sure how. I've done it on the 3 cam sites I work on, but there's different ways of doing it per all 3 cam sites. You were told only latin countries? Don't believe everything you hear. I hope you can switch countries to be more financially successful.

Upvote 0
You cannot select any country. Every model is given a selection based on countries near to or with the same language as their ID.
So for me, I have a British passport and live in Cyprus. The countries I'm offered are UK, USA, Canada, OZ and then some countries near to UK like Iceland, Norway etc. I'm not offered countries near to where I live at all, which is fine by me as I speak no Greek.
I have a tech friend of mine who helps/helped me with the switching countries issue, but I still make certain I am complying with all rules and regulations on whichever webcam site I'm working on, since national and international laws are the same, and not the same, and also, I make certain I have enough security to avoid a stalker/s from tracking exactly where I live. I unfortunately can't cam in certain countries because of where my main control tower is located. I wish I was tech savvy, because if I was, I could walk you through how to do this. When my tech pal gets back from his vacation (a whole month), I'll see if he can give me something to post to help out models with this issue. I can't email, call, and/or text him because when he's on vacation, he's completely off limits/off the grid.

Upvote 0
I have a tech friend of mine who helps/helped me with the switching countries issue, but I still make certain I am complying with all rules and regulations on whichever webcam site I'm working on, since national and international laws are the same, and not the same, and also, I make certain I have enough security to avoid a stalker/s from tracking exactly where I live. I unfortunately can't cam in certain countries because of where my main control tower is located. I wish I was tech savvy, because if I was, I could walk you through how to do this. When my tech pal gets back from his vacation (a whole month), I'll see if he can give me something to post to help out models with this issue. I can't email, call, and/or text him because when he's on vacation, he's completely off limits/off the grid.
Thanks for your offer of help. This isn't a tech issue though. Gingerly summed up in her post, this is a streamate policy issue. The only way around it is to have ID appropriate to the country you want to display as.

Upvote 0
So, as an American I cannot visit Colombian models on SM? Or can I find them if I know a particular account?
A lot of people don't want communication barriers or translators to deal with in their sessions so they will avoid flags of countries that predominantly don't speak their language. Because of this lack of 'English' traffic those models tend to have to lower their prices to 'tempt' English speakers to give them a try. The OP speaks good English but feels forced to lower her price because people will overlook her otherwise to just pick flags where they are sure to find models speaking English. The model was asking why she can't change her flag to UK when her country is adjacent to it on the map.

This only has to do with us as members as it highlights the predominate behavior of the largest member demographic being English speaking Americans.

To your question. Yes you have no problems visiting Colombian models unless they locked out your region, but if you don't speak Spanish, there's a good chance you'd skip over them verse a model that comes from a place that you know understands English.

Upvote 0
To your question. Yes you have no problems visiting Colombian models unless they locked out your region, but if you don't speak Spanish, there's a good chance you'd skip over them verse a model that comes from a place that you know understands English.
I am a CB user and of the 16 models I follow 14 are Colombian. I have very little problem communicating with them. One of the two models I mod for is moving to SM for reasons I do not understand but I was wondering if I would be blocked. Glad that is not the case.

Upvote 0
i dont have to pay taxes from my incomes here in Portugal
I know it's not exactly on subject, but it caught my eye and I'm pretty sure that's not true bb.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your offer of help. This isn't a tech issue though. Gingerly summed up in her post, this is a streamate policy issue. The only way around it is to have ID appropriate to the country you want to display as

So, as an American I cannot visit Colombian models on SM? Or can I find them if I know a particular account?
Just read the bios/profiles. There's lots of attractive Colombian models on SM. I've done private shows with some of them myself. No complaints.

Upvote 0
It used to be you could pick anywhere you wanted
Actually it was never an option that performers can choose any country they want. In the past models were able to get another country which was not part of their selection by using a proxy or VPN. This has changed for 1 year now and display countries are given based on the country from the ID and the proximity neighbor countries to select.

Upvote 0

Actually it was never an option that performers can choose any country they want. In the past models were able to get another country which was not part of their selection by using a proxy or VPN. This has changed for 1 year now and display countries are given based on the country from the ID and the proximity neighbor countries to select.
Or I can make it appear I'm in another country even though I'm not in another country, so if somebody is trying to track me down, it will appear I'm in another country, even though I'm actually not. One guy said I know where you live in France and my tech pal showed he had tracked down my IP address, but the potential hacker received a dud. I have a tech pal of mine who helps me with this using SM software and the software on the other 2 cam sites I work on. He does his tech stuff that he does that lets me work but keeps me safe. I'm not tech savvy but I trust him, so I let him "do his thing" and for anybody who is not tech savvy like me but is looking for a tech person to help you with not just this issue, but other tech-related webcam issues, find somebody who you trust and who is affordable. If you get a bad vibe, find another tech person.

The way I do it is for example, if followers/fans are online looking for pvt shows in France or another country, if I can make money or more money from people over there, I get my settings to appear there. If I make more money in the USA, my tech doesn't have to do anything and I just work here in the states.

Upvote 0
Or that performers are not paid in free chat (apart from 30/35% of the Gold tips received in that mode). I really get the impression some think we are paid for that time and chat, but I may be wrong.

Upvote 0
Or that performers are not paid in free chat (apart from 30/35% of the Gold tips received in that mode). I really get the impression some think we are paid for that time and chat, but I may be wrong.
Either they don't know, or they just don't care. It's a shame models aren't paid hourly, but hopefully cam companies will change this in the future, so we models do get paid in the future, but I doubt it. Don't hold your breath hoping this will happen. I'm not.

Upvote 0
Either they don't know, or they just don't care. It's a shame models aren't paid hourly, but hopefully cam companies will change this in the future, so we models do get paid in the future, but I doubt it. Don't hold your breath hoping this will happen. I'm not.

There's some site called Fantasy Club that's been doing a promotion where all models who broadcasted for 40 hours during the month of December were guaranteed to get $1,000 after the month end. Well they just fucked over one of their models. She put her hours in on that dead-ass cam site, and when she was so close to hitting 40 hours, on December 29th they decided to give her a bullshit 3-day ban because she "didn't respond fast enough" to the public chat. SMH. That is beyond fucked up.

Upvote 0
There's some site called Fantasy Club that's been doing a promotion where all models who broadcasted for 40 hours during the month of December were guaranteed to get $1,000 after the month end. Well they just fucked over one of their models. She put her hours in on that dead-ass cam site, and when she was so close to hitting 40 hours, on December 29th they decided to give her a bullshit 3-day ban because she "didn't respond fast enough" to the public chat. SMH. That is beyond fucked up.
That sucks. You're right. That is fucked up. Sad. Just sad. SMH.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.