AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unfinished games

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2010
New Jersey
twitter.com
Twitter Username
@OtaconErnie
MFC Username
ErnieFenix
So has anyone ever had a game that you could not finish for whatever reason? Tell me why? For me it was Resident Evil 4, I could not get passed the castle stage with all the druids and Kill Switch for ps2 because even on medium mode that game is hard and could not get passed the second mission.

I think about 75% of the games I own are unfinished, mostly due to the fact that I'll randomly get bored with a game, even one I like.
or I'll get stuck on a boss, or other random tricky bit, put it aside to come back to later and just never pick it back up again.

that number goes up considerably if you're counting finished to mean 100% achievement/trophy completion, I've only done that on two games so far.

Jennie Bunny said:
The one that stands out for me right now is Final Fantasy VI. The battery back-up died on the cartridge. JUST as I was leveling my party to get ready for Kefka's tower. ;_________;
:eek: You must finish! Dancing Mad and the entire Ending theme are the best tracks in the game! Seriously, find a ROM or something, and finish that game! It's in my top 5 games of all time. I :h: it.

Anyway, my list includes: Final Fantasy I-V, VIII and XIII. On I and VIII, I got to the final boss (Or, in VIII's case, the final boss sequence) and couldn't beat it. In XIII's case, Spring Break happened right before I got to Chapter 12 and then when I got back, I was less interested in playing (I had started watching Buffy over break, so I spent most of my time since then watching Buffy/Angel. I finished Angel on Tuesday, though, so I may try to finish the game before the school year ends and I lost access to my file). I do love the game though. Phooey on all you haters.

Lesse, what else... Earlier this school year I got Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. It wasn't anything special, though I do want to finish it for storyline purposes. I'll probably do that over break.

Dark Cloud is on the list. I kind of want to finish it because it was the first game I had when I got my PS2. But Dark Cloud 2 is better in, like, every possible way, so I don't know if I can bring myself to even play it again.

There are many others, I'm sure. But they're not sticking out in my mind right now.

I could not finish Metriod Prime Echoes because of a glitch in the game. I played for hours and then it would glitch and reset me. I tried 3 copy's and then gave up. It still bothers me

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs for SNES, I couldn't beat the first jetbike level. There's this impossibly long jump that I could never make.

Pic semi related, it's from a later jetbike level that I could never get to.

Attachments

• bdd2.jpg
    bdd2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 387
UserName42 said:
in VIII's case, the final boss sequence) and couldn't beat it.

That's too bad. FFVIII had the best ending of any Final Fantasy that I've played yet (1-8, working on 9 as we speak).

Too bad the gameplay sucked nasty hairy smelly donkey balls. Since when is grinding supposed to make a RPG harder? That game should have just been a movie or miniseries or something.

Pic very related, it's Ellone, Kiros, and Ward from the like 18 minute ending movie

Attachments

• FF8-final-fantasy-viii-7273770-357-327.jpg
    FF8-final-fantasy-viii-7273770-357-327.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 387
A crap ton. I get games, play them once for hours, go to bed, go to work, then when I get the chanceto play something again, I just have no interest. Then again, the majority of them are RPGs that I simply can't invest enough time into anymore to actually enjoy a game (considering most RPG's are like 3 hours of cutscene sequences and 5 minutes of gameplay. Per room. Per camera angle.) That or it's all grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind which makes me snoresnoresnoresnoresnoresnoresnore.

Seriously, though, I've played a LOT of games over the past year and a half, but if it isn't Touhou, the chances that it's been completed are rather slim.

Kozziefuz said:
A crap ton. I get games, play them once for hours, go to bed, go to work, then when I get the chanceto play something again, I just have no interest. Then again, the majority of them are RPGs that I simply can't invest enough time into anymore to actually enjoy a game (considering most RPG's are like 3 hours of cutscene sequences and 5 minutes of gameplay. Per room. Per camera angle.) That or it's all grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind which makes me snoresnoresnoresnoresnoresnoresnore.

Seriously, though, I've played a LOT of games over the past year and a half, but if it isn't Touhou, the chances that it's been completed are rather slim.
Sou nano ka?

bawksy said:
UserName42 said:
in VIII's case, the final boss sequence) and couldn't beat it.
Too bad the gameplay sucked nasty hairy smelly donkey balls. Since when is grinding supposed to make a RPG harder?
Eh, I don't really mind the gameplay. Yeah, scaling enemies didn't really make much sense, but I actually enjoyed the magic/GF/junctioning system.

I had an issue for awhile where I couldn't beat the game because my 3rd disc was fucked up. I'd get to the part where Edea joins the team as you're taking Rinoa to Esther, and a screen would start to load that wouldn't stop. I got a new copy awhile ago, though. I might try and play through it again this summer... I think on my last playthrough I stopped at the sequence where you have to clear out the Ragnarok. Shame, cause all of the extra stuff (Giant Cactuar, Deep Sea Research Lab, etc) is right after that.

UserName42 said:
I couldn't beat the game because my 3rd disc was fucked up.

So, I own a Playstation 2, and a real copy of Final Fantasy VIII. But I play all my Playstation (PSX) games on my computer for a number of reasons, one of which is, I rip the entire CD(s) to my hard drive before beginning a game. The benefits? No loading times, if there's a scratch, I know it before I start playing and I can download alternate disk image(s) off teh internets and still be good.

Combine that with a USB adapter that lets me use a real Playstation (2) controller, higher resolutions than are possible on the original hardware, and the ability to save state and fast forward, and it's a winning combo.

Attachments

• epsxe170.png
    epsxe170.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 380
I might do that, except for the controller... I don't have an adapter, don't know if I would really bother getting one, etc.

I may, though, because I no longer have Final Fantasy Tactics. I lent it to someone a year and a half to 2 years ago, I never got it back (Even though I said something to him about it every day for a couple of months), and now I have no way of contacting him.

Back to the topic (Sort of), the same thing happened with my copy of Chrono Cross as what happened with my FFVIII. I got to the 2nd disc, fought the first boss on the disc (Which is about 2 minutes into the disc) and then couldn't get back to the map to control my characters. The really annoying thing (Which, those of you who have played CC know), 80-90% of the game is on the first disc, so getting to the 2nd disc I was really fucking close to finishing the game. I eventually got a new copy of that as well, though, and beat it (Took my forever because I couldn't get the Time Devourer to do what I wanted, though).

I've yet to finish vanilla fallout 3, and still haven't downloaded any expansions for it. Which is weird, because I love the game.

It took me forever to finish Fable II well, but that was because I played it a shit ton, took a break (for like 5 months), then upon returning to the game realized who terrible it actually is. Peter Molyneux will not be getting any more of my non-existent dollars.

I will beat every linear game I get because I'm anal. Currently failing my way through singularity, and first impressions of crackdown 2 have been disappointing so I'm sensing a struggle. But with regards to this thred I don't think I've owned a game that I havnt beaten and wished I had.

Can't finish, or haven't finished... yet? I think it winter 2007 when Mass Effect, BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Modern Warfare, Uncharted, and a few more things all came out within like 3 weeks of each other. I would start playing one for literally a week until the next game came out, then start that one, and then the next, and then the next. I think it was the multiplayer on MW that ultimately did me in, because I was a machine with sprinting/knifing.

I revisited Mass Effect early last year in anticipation of ME2, and was kicking myself for not having finished part one sooner. I still haven't finished BioShock (thanks to various Steam sales I now own it twice on PC and still have my 360 version), AC, or Uncharted (though I've finished part 2 of both AC & UC), but they're all on my to do list.

Since then, I've been a little better about finishing stuff, having wrapped up Red Dead last week, and it's a good thing, too. The Engie update on TF2 would have killed any hopes of that. Let's move this gear up!

ernie619 said:
So has anyone ever had a game that you could not finish for whatever reason? Tell me why? For me it was Resident Evil 4, I could not get passed the castle stage with all the druids and Kill Switch for ps2 because even on medium mode that game is hard and could not get passed the second mission.

Ah hahahah! I'm stuck in almost the same place in RE4. I don't think I've met any druids yet, but I'm in the castle and I have to keep zombies from attacking the president's daughter so she can turn a crank. I'll probably finish it one of these days though. I swear adding a defenseless character to babysit is like the worst idea in video games. It totally made me hate Silent Hill 4... and that's saying a lot because I LOOOOVE Silent Hill.

This generally happens to me when I'm playing JRPGs, I'll get all the way to the end right before the last dungeon or boss fight and I'll lose interest. I usually go back much later and forget what to do or what I'm doing and replay the game from scratch. I had a 3 year old save for Breath of Fire 3 that I finally beat like 4 years ago. :)

bawksy said:
UserName42 said:

So, I own a Playstation 2, and a real copy of Final Fantasy VIII. But I play all my Playstation (PSX) games on my computer for a number of reasons, one of which is, I rip the entire CD(s) to my hard drive before beginning a game. The benefits? No loading times, if there's a scratch, I know it before I start playing and I can download alternate disk image(s) off teh internets and still be good.

Combine that with a USB adapter that lets me use a real Playstation (2) controller, higher resolutions than are possible on the original hardware, and the ability to save state and fast forward, and it's a winning combo.

EPSXE is teh awesome. The only problem I have is that it is really bad at syncing voices and things with cutscenes. I haven't figured out how to get it to sync properly... so I can't play Vagrant Story or Valkyrie Profile the way I want to.

The Thing (video game continuation of the movie by the same title). Lost my memory card during a move, found it, got stuck in a room full of motion-sensitive guns and now I'm just bored with shooting little tiny head monsters. *sigh*

Silent Hill 3 because the gaming mechanics are somehow more difficult to deal with than the previous two installments. I hate getting attacked off camera.

Clive Barker's Undying (which I was REALLY into) because my laptop motherboard met an untimely death. :cry:

I'd have to list pretty much every game I've played and remove ones that don't ever get "finished" because I rarely bother with trying to beat things. I play while I enjoy playing and then I stop playing. Often times I'll end up picking it back up again later but just kind of dick around and not making much/any progress. It's like I had a craving... I experience it for an hour or two... my craving is satisfied.

I was a relatively late adopter of the PS3 so I have a stack of games (mostly older ones) that I need to play through. Maybe I'll finish most of these!

I can't finish Uncharted 2 because of a ridiculous problem with the gameplay in one chapter! I try and take out all the guys coming across the bridge with my sniper rifle and kill as many of them as I can, and when I try and cross the walkway I get killed instantly.

There's alot of other games that I own that are unfinished because I'm either stuck in a certain area of the game or there's an extremely overpowered boss which is the case for why I haven't gotten any farther in Final Fantasy XIII, or I just grow very easily frustrated with a portion of a game that I'm trying to get past and have to quit playing it until I figure out what it is I'm doing wrong or have some kind of motivation to want to go back to it and try that certain portion again!

I finally beat FF XIII, only took me 46 hours of actual gameplay.
I'm tempted to keep it longer to try and max out a few of the characters to get the achievements but doubt I'd have the patience to even max out one class on one character, let alone all classes for all characters.

MonkeyPlanet2019 said:
Keithy said:
I have yet to be able to get to the end of WoW.
I know how you can, use an Uninstall Wizard. It's the best class in the game. :mrgreen:

hatersgonnahatecat.jpg

Yes?

bawksy said:
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs for SNES, I couldn't beat the first jetbike level. There's this impossibly long jump that I could never make.

Pic semi related, it's from a later jetbike level that I could never get to.
hehe the NES version had almost the exact same bike thing and you had to move up and down like a madman to get past it then react real fast to jump an enormous gap, i completed the game a few times,

MonkeyPlanet2019 said:
Keithy said:
I have yet to be able to get to the end of WoW.
I know how you can, use an Uninstall Wizard. It's the best class in the game. :mrgreen:
ROFL XD
bawksy said:
UserName42 said:

I'm always really carefull with my discs so i never have the problem of hanging games, allthough emulators are handy, not all of them work 100% which is a downside.

but to get back on topic, unfinished games? LOADS, lol a bunch of games never catch my attention and stay unfinished,
finished games on the other hand is a different matter:
Metroid Other M was too easy i completed that on normal 100% in under 15 hours
On hard in less then 6
Metroid Zero Mission i finished that game on Normal and Hard with 100% and On both Normal and hard with 15% (for the alternate ending graphics)
Metroid Prime 1 2 and 3 finished multiple times etc....

Resident Evil 4 (Wii version) I'm stuck where I have to protect the girl from the crazy villagers and make sure she doesn't get taken from them.

Final Fantasy 13 right it now its more of an issue of just level whoring for now and on chapter 10

God of War 3 it's more an issue with my X button being jammed and have to get a new one since I to do a double jump

Grand Theft Auto 4 The bank robbing mission at this point I'm just thinking of using a cheat code to get body armor and health

Soulcalibur 4 fuck fighting The Apprentice with Darth Vader

Yes I have a back log of games to finish

Status
Not open for further replies.