AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unreasonable vs. reasonable bans

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danavixen

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 24, 2010
San Francisco, CA
www.danavixen.com
Hey guys. So last night I was showing one of my cam sites off to a friend who wanted to learn about home camming. I popped into a models room as an anon (I get into convos w/ models under my name), and sat in the room for 7 minutes. There were 2 members and 4 other anons in the room. I was showing how the setup looked, and was on the popup "buy tokens" window when the banhammer was dropped on me. No word, no warning.
I now know the model doesnt like quiet people in her room, but I didn't at the time I was in the room as an anon. Apparently they creep her out. This seems over the top for me. Especially because I'm the type who mutes the guests/anons so my members can talk to me.
Since this site uses IP bans, they're pretty permanent and can only be removed by admin. I keep this in mind and only ban people who come in and call me names, insult my figure or troll the other members. I give two warning and then drop the hammer.

So now my interest is sparked. Just what does everyone else do in their rooms? What sort of guidelines are used by other models for dropping the banhammer? I want my room to be fun, but I also want to welcome new people to the site. Should unmute the guests once in a while or be thining the herd more and only keeping people who talk to me, as this model did last night?

that must be one of the lamest reasons to bann anyone... i ever heard off..
i never bann anyone.. too much work.. and never had someone really treating me or anything..
i either ignore name calling/insults or play with it till they dissapear by themselfs..

i think with muting/banning any anons you could miss out on some serious potentional clients..
in my opinion its also a bad reflection for the whole site.. skin still needs to grow alot.. and i think if all the girls start muting and banning anons just caus they dont talk.. we would be left without any members on there...

I have been banned for the same reason. Usually I don't stay quiet, but if I have to answer the phone or something, I may forget to leave the room and, naturally, I stay in silence.

Some girls don't like too many guests/anon in their rooms. Either because silent members creep them out (like in the case you mentioned) or because the girls see them as people who won't spend tokens/credits and that they are enjoying the view for free, even if the girl is fully dressed. On some sites where the girls can't mute/ban the guests, they change the status to "member chat" or even go offline for 2 or 3 minutes so the guests move to another room.

If you are going to perform a public show, muting the guests/basics is a good idea. Not that they are bad, but the majority seems to go crazy when they see a naked woman and start talking nonsense.

But letting guests and mainly the basics to talk if they want when you are not doing a public show can be good. I remember that I became premium on MFC because one girl interacted with me when I was a basic. And my first tokens were spent on her.

Ban only when it is really needed.

MyCamgirl said:
If you are going to perform a public show, muting the guests/basics is a good idea. Not that they are bad, but the majority seems to go crazy when they see a naked woman and start talking nonsense.

I disagree. The majority of basics or guests don't go nuts. There are just a very few of them who spoil things for everyone else. Models would be better off kicking the few who get out of line, but usually just silence them en masse since that can be distracting in a busy room.

Sevrin said:
MyCamgirl said:

I disagree. The majority of basics or guests don't go nuts. There are just a very few of them who spoil things for everyone else. Models would be better off kicking the few who get out of line, but usually just silence them en masse since that can be distracting in a busy room.

agreed! usually its one outta 10,20 basics that fuck it up to the rest..

Personally, I only ban someone on any site if they're disrupting my chat by being a dick or advertising another site/model. Mentioning another model is NOT a big deal. I love perving on other girls. But going on and on or saying "MODELNAME is doing this right now!!!! And it's better than this chick" or something similar is gonna get you booted. Also, models who come into my room and don't say jack after I try to initiate a conversation with them through voice AND text chat.

But, I noticed a lot of models on MFC will ban premiums for not having tokens/hiding their tokens count. And will flat out ban basics because they don't have any tokens at all. :?

MyCamgirl said:
I have been banned for the same reason. Usually I don't stay quiet, but if I have to answer the phone or something, I may forget to leave the room and, naturally, I stay in silence.
YES!!! that's what I mean! I was on the purchase tokens page!!! what if I had been a real soon-to-be member and that happened? I'd be pretty bent.

myCamgirl said:

But letting guests and mainly the basics to talk if they want when you are not doing a public show can be good. I remember that I became premium on MFC because one girl interacted with me when I was a basic. And my first tokens were spent on her.

Ban only when it is really needed.

This I like. I think I will go back to muting only when I want to keep a bit more control over the room. You and Tasha have good points--by muting guests all the time, I am missing out on chances to encourage more people to join and thereby grow the pool of paying members.
Reading "SHOW ASS BB" While I'm doing a public baby oil & boobs show would help, especially if they had time to interact with me while leading up to the show.

I had this on my premium account a few times. Often I will click on a room and have it on in the background and more than once within the first couple of minutes even with a full conversation going on in the room or often when the models isnt talking to anyone anyway, just playing with their PM, I look back and I am banned.

It's hard to say what is a reasonable ban, I have been banned because I told someone that she had beautiful eyes before....I have to admit there was one time that I deserved to be banned..the girl was ignoring the room and not doing anything but staring at her screen and zoning out for at least 10 minutes and then she finally typed Hi and that was it for that 10 minutes.... my comment was "SHE'S ALIVE" and the next thing I see is the you do not have access to this room banner :lol: :lol: There are a few girls here that know me, and that I am not usually rude to anyone and if I am the one that I am rude to isn't the model herself, but the one that is being rude to her or some of her premiums. So to ask about a reasonable banning, it all depends on the day for each person and yes it can ruin any chance of getting tips from that person. And for the record, the model that banned me for saying that She's alive, I have gone back into her room and she was awesome, so it must have been a bad day for her that time.

I've been banned for mentioned that I had never before been banned. That AmberCutie is a freakin' tyrant I tell you. :p

I guess I don't visit enough rooms to have any REAL stories of unreasonable banning. The closest thing was getting banned from a room where I got into a heated argument with another premium who I felt was leading a new model astray for his own benefit. I mostly deserved that because I should have kept things civil but I failed to do so.

Mirra said:
I've been banned for mentioned that I had never before been banned. That AmberCutie is a freakin' tyrant I tell you. :p

roofl! i love that!
i pretty much stick to models i know.. or the lounge also..
i got banned once.. and it was because i asked why they were banning hundreds of people.. :S
also got model banned by accident by heidi once.. but pmed her... and that was that..

Mirra said:
That AmberCutie is a freakin' tyrant I tell you. :p

Ain't that the truth. I got banned in an effort to get someone else perma-banned from Amber's room for basically being a whiny bitch. She was supposed to just ban him, but she got me too! Luckily, it hasn't happened since then. And I get a feeling that I'll regret saying that.

And before anyone asks, Amber refreshes her bans every 30 days. So those with a 60 day ban are actually permanently banned.

As for the actual topic, let me list the bans I've seen that are totally unreasonable

- Not talking in a room- have those models not heard of the words "away from computer?" Have they not heard of guys trying to buy tokens while in the room? They're just losing money by doing that shit.

- Not having tokens, but not begging for shit either- I've seen top models do this. They're basically saying "Tip or GTFO." If I saw a model that I liked doing that, I'd be out of there in a heartbeat.

- Saying something nice to the model- to me, that's screaming "don't shower me with praise. Shower me with teeps!"

I don't really think a ban is ever unreasonable. Unjustified, sure, but not unreasonable.

A moderator is always right, unless there's an admin.

I ban people all the time, even just for saying "hi bb" or "hru bb?" Should I explain myself before banning them? Why the fuck should I? I don't really care if I lose a "potential customer" if they're not my type of guy.

XD

If you're working/performing I don't even see how you have TIME to scroll through your user list and ban people for being quiet/broke. I don't think I've ever had a day so boring I started clicking through the user list, i can't even look at the damn thing because it jumps around so much and makes me nauseous lol.

I probably have about a half dozen regular users who just lurk, never tip, never say anything, and I'm pretty sure that over the weeks and months I've contacted them all once in pm just saying something like, "hey silent lurker, what's your story?" and nobody has ever written back. Odd? yes. Worth preemptively banning them for? No. As long as your not a shit disturber it's unlikely you even wind up on my radar, let alone would be the target of any wrath.

Things that will get you banned in my room:
* abuse (obviously)
* begging with no tokens. (and I don't even ban them for *the begging*, I ban them for begging when they're not even smart enough to hide their token count from me, lol, that's just dumb and I ban them on principle)
* over using emotes as a form of communication, just use your big boy words, you're a dipshit if you think your lesbian make-out gif makes me wet
* excessive use of : mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
* trying to negotiate ie: "show tits bb" "tip for tits bb" "u show tits I tip u bb" BAN, or "show tits I rate/admire u bb" "I have over 4000 of those, go fuck yourself" BAN, "show pussy I take u private" BAN

LovelyLemon said:
* over using emotes as a form of communication, just use your big boy words, you're a dipshit if you think your lesbian make-out gif makes me wet.
Emotes are fine as a way of communication once in a while, along with actual words! But I don't get why some folks use those gifs so often! It makes me insane. I'm with you on this one, I'll warn them, and if the emotes/gifs continue, they're out.

AmberCutie said:
LovelyLemon said:
* over using emotes as a form of communication, just use your big boy words, you're a dipshit if you think your lesbian make-out gif makes me wet.
Emotes are fine as a way of communication once in a while, along with actual words! But I don't get why some folks use those gifs so often! It makes me insane. I'm with you on this one, I'll warn them, and if the emotes/gifs continue, they're out.

ooow and you know whats the worst? your first reply to my hello beeing an emote! aaargh

I use the mutes circumstantially. If there are a bunch of random anons coming in and making requests or being rude, I mute all of them for a few minutes. After a minute or two it's usually a mostly-fresh batch of them.

Same thing with basics. I'll only ban if a member in particular is being rude, but if a basic starts the Demand Game, and others start chipping in, ALL the basics will have to shut up for the next five or so minutes. I don't leave either on very long.

I ban if people are abusive, annoy me/my members, or begging incessantly. I won't ban lurkers because I AM a lurker and that would be hypocritical. Sometimes I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to a conversation, but enjoy the laughs, cuteness, and sexy. *shrug*

I mute the basics and guests and I have my list set up so I can't see them at all. I have enough on my plate keeping up with the chat room with just the members! I don't think I've ever banned anyone. There's enough going on that if anyone says something mean I can just ignore them.

when i first started camming a piece of advice i got was: most guys who will spend probably won't chat much if at all and really it's so true. the guys who tend to blab a lot in the room are usually beggars or 0 token guys who are just bored trying to pass the time. i'd say most of my biggest tips will come from guys who haven't said a word in my room and then all of a sudden they'll drop a huge tip. but anyway stuff i ban guys for:

-begging
-abuse
-unreasonable requests (20 tokens let me see your pussy!)
-talking about other models. "i tipped blahblah model 4000 tokens yesterday". well that's great asshole unless you're going to tip me 4000 tokens too i really don't want to hear about it.
-just being all around annoying. i feel bad doing this but sometimes guys are just so irritating even if they're not begging.

Status
Not open for further replies.