AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unusual MFC/Cam Problem

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheshireXCat

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 8, 2010
Florida
www.myfreecams.com
Okay, so my laptop is pretty new still, I've had it since June/July this year. For about a month or 2 I've been having this really off problem. It doesn't happen on my desktop, so it must be a laptop issue. Basically what happens if when I'm on MFC late night (between 10 pm - 2 am Eastern time) my sound eventually starts to cut in and out, it usually starts during a pvt or grp show (go figure, worst timing..) and eventually it just goes out completely. I always try to log out and restart the computer or the MFC program, but after that I am unable to log into my room, like the whole program just freezes. The rest of the computer works fine, I can get on yahoo messenger or even skype. It usually ends my night of caming completely as anything I try or check does nothing. I dont know if its an MFC problem, or just my laptop.

It always works fine again the next day! Can anyone help me?! It boggles my mind. I have a dell inspiron running windows 7 and I am using a logitech pro 9000 webcam. I also have very fast internet so I don't think that's the issue. It just doesn't make any sense and the way it happens each time is very odd. I'm starting to think that when it happens just deal with no sound rather than getting screwed out of a night of caming! I'd really liek to fix this problem before I move into my new apartment as I'll be on MFC more and more for longer periods of time, I cant afford for this to keep happening :(

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! I'm not computer illiterate, but this is beyond my skills or expertise lol

Thanks again
:h:Chesh

I've encountered this problem before, and also having my audio speed up until i sound like a "chipmunk" lol. I've noticed that if I turn on my logitech 9000 before logging into MFC, and then turn it off before accessing the model software I almost never have a problem. For some reason turning the cam on and then turning it off seems to help it "wake up", and when the mfc software accesses it it seems to be bug free.

Hope that helps!
Amy

interesting... no, the laptop is usually moving a good amount so I dont think its really an overheating problem, someone told me it might have to do with the bandwidth.. he said a few other things it could be but I cant remember what he said, it was basically in another language to me lol.

Thanks lemon, I'm pretty sure I do that normally but I'll be sure to do that everytime at night. I'll keep you guys updated, going to get on cam tonight, so hopefully it doesn't do it again. such a pain in my ass, computers love to hate me!!

I used to get buggy things with audio as well. Then about a year ago, I started to use a separate microphone just for camming.. You just have to tell the MFC software to use it as the audio, instead of the webcam. Haven't had any problems since..

If you have the background noise thing checked (where it doesn't pick up the background noise), the logitec 9000 has a tendency to stop picking up sounds.

Also, did you disable the built in webcam? Cause having both running might fuck with it...

Suggest doing that if you haven't already. Start, right click computer. Properties, device manager, imaging devices

nods to the above.
1. with a laptop the first thing i think of is heat.
2. get rid of the built in cam, choose disable, or it will reinstall.
3. i would not have thought of separate microphone, good idea.
4. delete model software and reload it.

D'oh!

Completely forgot my other standard piece of advice:

Get the logitec software from the website. It doesn't seem to update well at all from the cd that I had, but then, my cd is from 2008.

i have the same problem sometimes with my laptop toke me weeks to find out what it was...
on mine the probloem is my electric supply...
my cam doesnt do well without the cable in the laptop at all times..
even if my battery isnt low...
maybe thats it... hope it helps...

good luck with it :)

tasha you should check your "powersaving"options when the plug is no attached the power supply options tell the PC to lower power to option blah blah blah

thank you soooo much everyone who posted!! I will try having the cable plugged in at all timed because sometimes I take it out for a shower show/etc. I already disabled the built in cam awhile ago because it was making it bug out with the logitech cam. I will check the sound properties and hope that it works, it happened again last night while I was on cam so need to fix this problem asap! Thanks again, I'll let you know if it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.