AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

User keeps using Fembot to BotMod themselves and alt accounts. Hacking?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2022
Hi - I'm a mod in a CB room and we're having trouble with someone who keeps making themselves and several alt accounts of theirs and their spouse , despite the model having unmodded them, and the mods removing them any time we notice them ,silencing them, and everything else in our limited power to limit their power and interaction. Real quick - "why doesnt the model just ban them?" Well they used to be friends a year ago and some shit hit the fan and recently they all started talking again, so the model was trying to give them a chance, until all this started happening today. Other things happened before with them, but I write this in a semi-emergency state of frustration.

The main person doing all this origianlly got back in good graces with the model by claiming he would give her the script he uses to moderate his wife's (the other person involved in all this bs) room, but only if he was a full fledged red moderator - as he claimed his script would not work otherwise. He claims that he is not hacking and he's not doing anything wrong, that it's simply that he knows how to operate the bot properly to remod him, his alt account, his wife and her alt account, after we unmodded the both of their main ones.

So while the model tries to just focus on finishing the last few hours of her stream, I am reaching out on her behalf to try to find out how this is happening. I was told by several people throughout various discord support groups for camming and other reddit forums to come here to request the help of @punker barbie , so I'm placing all my eggs in one basket here, as the normal support link for the site does not seem to have any sort of advice or option for this kind of scenario.

So, @punker barbie if you might be able to help that would be a life saver. I have attatched a screenshot of a convo i had with the person doing all this, where he said all the above claims, as well as the botmod list showing the 4 accounts that have been added and removed etc etc

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
If you get a reply, it will probably say to give a ticket number for the support request. Is there not a general abuse/harassment option? Why can't they be banned in the meantime?

Upvote 0
If you get a reply, it will probably say to give a ticket number for the support request. Is there not a general abuse/harassment option? Why can't they be banned in the meantime?
I did just file a support ticket, because the model just ended stream after only 2 and a half hours of being live, because of further issues and harassment. Until now the model has refrained from banning them and was hoping to hash things out more peacefully. I did not file a ticket until now because the form did not in fact have any sort of option for this kind of situation. So I filed it under the “other” option.

As for a ticket number, the email I just received starts with “Your request (19666721) has been updated.”, so I believe that would be it?

Upvote 0
Hi - I'm a mod in a CB room and we're having trouble with someone who keeps making themselves and several alt accounts of theirs and their spouse , despite the model having unmodded them, and the mods removing them any time we notice them ,silencing them, and everything else in our limited power to limit their power and interaction. Real quick - "why doesnt the model just ban them?" Well they used to be friends a year ago and some shit hit the fan and recently they all started talking again, so the model was trying to give them a chance, until all this started happening today. Other things happened before with them, but I write this in a semi-emergency state of frustration.

The main person doing all this origianlly got back in good graces with the model by claiming he would give her the script he uses to moderate his wife's (the other person involved in all this bs) room, but only if he was a full fledged red moderator - as he claimed his script would not work otherwise. He claims that he is not hacking and he's not doing anything wrong, that it's simply that he knows how to operate the bot properly to remod him, his alt account, his wife and her alt account, after we unmodded the both of their main ones.

So while the model tries to just focus on finishing the last few hours of her stream, I am reaching out on her behalf to try to find out how this is happening. I was told by several people throughout various discord support groups for camming and other reddit forums to come here to request the help of @punker barbie , so I'm placing all my eggs in one basket here, as the normal support link for the site does not seem to have any sort of advice or option for this kind of scenario.

So, @punker barbie if you might be able to help that would be a life saver. I have attatched a screenshot of a convo i had with the person doing all this, where he said all the above claims, as well as the botmod list showing the 4 accounts that have been added and removed etc etc
Nah she needs to ban both of them and stop using anything they gave her.

Reporting them is good but banning and using a different bot is the solution here. If the model doesn't want to that's on her.

Upvote 0
Nah she needs to ban both of them and stop using anything they gave her.

Reporting them is good but banning and using a different bot is the solution here. If the model doesn't want to that's on her.
No no i fully agree with that. But I’m trying to find out if the support team would be able to suspend, ban, IP ban, or otherwise discipline the people in question. I’m aware that submitting a ticket is the recommended first step, but eve try ine i talked to, from other streamers to to other people familiar with chaturbate’s bots in forums and discord help groups, said that the support team would likely be less than helpful and to bring this up to punker barbie, as this seems to be a potential security concern in other areas that might need to be made aware.

And having submitted a ticket, all I can do on that end is just wait and hope for a response.

Upvote 0
As above, just get the model to ban them, and don't run that bot again.
If they create new usernames and identify themselves, ban and report for harrassment.

ETA: only the model should be able to add a mod, either using default CB settings or through a bot, but appears this bot allows others access to self-appoint. Could be doing all sorts of other stuff behind the scenes.

Upvote 0
This reminds me of inspy, insy_777, insidioso777 - the guy I recently mentioned about who then followed a couple of models over to Stripchat to threaten them.
Not sure if it's the same one, but stick with the original Fembot - I assume it's the Dorothy one? The original is magnificent, you don't really need a copy.

But as everyone else has said, completely remove the bots that were given, this is the only way to truly stop it.

Upvote 0
This reminds me of inspy, insy_777, insidioso777 - the guy I recently mentioned about who then followed a couple of models over to Stripchat to threaten them.
Not sure if it's the same one, but stick with the original Fembot - I assume it's the Dorothy one? The original is magnificent, you don't really need a copy.

But as everyone else has said, completely remove the bots that were given, this is the only way to truly stop it.
I dont think its the same person, but it IS fembot. Dorothy’s ultra fembot.

Upvote 0
If the model is using the original dorothys fembot then they should reach out to the creator of that bot to figure out how this security breach is able to happen.. Cause if that's the case it's a big issue since a very large group of models uses it... This is their twitter:

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0

They misinformed you, punker barbie isn't going to help a moderator with a models settings.

Here you go:
1653319631371.png

Have the model pick basic, I suspect the model currently has it on advance.

Upvote 0
If she typed his username into the bot so he can control the bot...then he can control the bot. And if she installs his software on her computer to control her computer...then he can control her computer. But sounds more childish than serious

Upvote 0
Not be be a dick to the people who are trying to help me, but have you read everything I’ve said before suggesting a solution or posting what you think is going on? The people were not modded. They were ninja modded through fembot. The model did not do this. They did it on their own. Repeatedly. It’s not a matter of moderator levels like basic, standard or advanced. It is not model’s settings. It is a user taking advantage of *something* in the bots commands and a script to make themselves ninja mods in fembot.

But unfortunately the support team wont even take a look at my report because I’m only a moderator and not the actual model. Yes it wiuld be simple to just ban the people doing it, along with their FOUR alt accounts that they have done this with. But as you might imagine, our concern is how easy it would be for them to just come back with yet another account and do this all over again. Which leads me to trying to see if an IP ban would even be possible.

I understand why they emailed me asking the model to reach out to them instead of me doing it. It is her room, she should be the one communicating etc. But Support has the screenshots of the conversations where the person admitted to doing all this.

There is even more things that the person is doing, that is making it not sinply a model / room problem but a sitewide safety issue. Things such as somehow obtaining financial information of other users. He was showing the tipping amounts of another user *across the entire platform*. Things that only the site administrators should have access to.

So in conclusion, if you do not have any actual knowledge of how to resolve these things - PLEASE do not offer pointless opinions or advice. I apologize for how rude I am coming off, but it is really not helping.

Upvote 0
Not be be a dick to the people who are trying to help me, but have you read everything I’ve said before suggesting a solution or posting what you think is going on? The people were not modded. They were ninja modded through fembot. The model did not do this. They did it on their own. Repeatedly. It’s not a matter of moderator levels like basic, standard or advanced. It is not model’s settings. It is a user taking advantage of *something* in the bots commands and a script to make themselves ninja mods in fembot.

They don't have to be modded by the model if its set on advance, they can be modded by anyone thats already on the list which could be a friend of his or just him on another account. Are you saying the model did not have it set to advance?

Upvote 0
They don't have to be modded by the model if its set on advance, they can be modded by anyone thats already on the list which could be a friend of his or just him on another account. Are you saying the model did not have it set to advance?
I’m saying they were never a chaturbate mod. The difference between a chaturbate moderator and a fembot moderator is that one has the red name and has actual power (being able to officially silence people and remove messages, as well as modify other peoples colours, nicknames, icons, and if advanced setting, they can add or remove people from the fembot ninja mod list), while the fembot mods can only “ninja silence” people - type in a command and now none of the other users see the persons messages, but they dont know theyve been silenced. The only real sort of similar perks or authority between the two is that ninja mods can see what i call the “staff chat” - a command that allows the mods and model (and any other user the model specifically grants the access to) to speak to each other without normal users seeing.

So this person would come into the room, and had ZERO permissions, was not anCB moderator nor a fembot mod, and *made themselves* a fembot mod using fembot commands. However i and another moderator have scoured the fembot user manual and hve not found ANY way this could be allowed. And we know it was not any of the only 3 chaturbate moderators in the room that were adding these people to the fembot mod list, because they would be modded when only 1 of us was in there, and we are all aware and keeping an eye out for this happening.

Upvote 0
If she typed his username into the bot so he can control the bot...then he can control the bot. And if she installs his software on her computer to control her computer...then he can control her computer. But sounds more childish than serious
taking control of someone's pc can be a massive issue, that can allow them to bypass any 2fa or security that is set up on any of the models accounts. she should not be giving access to her system to anyone

Reactions: Theobserver3
Upvote 0
No if its set on advanced they can also /addmod but someone that already has access would need to issue the command. You haven't confirmed if the model had it on advance or not.
Apologies, I forgot that was the setting. Yes it is set for advanced. However we have determined that none of the other people with that access have done the /addmod command, nor been asked to do so by crypto (the one doing all this). He has admitted and bragged about “having tricks up his sleeves” and knowing how to work the bot to do whatever he wants, and has stated outright that he is the one modding himself and the other accounts involved

Upvote 0
the support team wont even take a look at my report because I’m only a moderator and not the actual model.
As always, if a model has any concern with their room, they need to be the one to report it.
But, in the same way you asked if anyone who replied actually read your posts, did you read where everyone said right away to stop using the bot? And ban these guys?
And the next action should be to contact the original author of that bot and ask them to look into it.
If the problem is that the bot has been modified, go back to using the original (clean) version.
Sure, to stop using it short-term will be a PITA for the model if she's used to all the (intended) functions of the original bot in her show, but the risk of allowing unintentional control it is waaaay greater.

Upvote 0
Apologies, I forgot that was the setting. Yes it is set for advanced. However we have determined that none of the other people with that access have done the /addmod command, nor been asked to do so by crypto (the one doing all this). He has admitted and bragged about “having tricks up his sleeves” and knowing how to work the bot to do whatever he wants, and has stated outright that he is the one modding himself and the other accounts involved

I've reviewed the code and it appears to be fine. Don't under estimate the lengths some people will go to troll a model. He might have another account thats been friends with her for years that does have access to the command, some people are sick 🤷‍♂️. I don't know thats just my best guess because again code appears to be fine assuming shes using "Dorothy's Ultra Fembot" by chelsea2950.

Upvote 0
Not be be a dick to the people who are trying to help me, but have you read everything I’ve said before suggesting a solution or posting what you think is going on?
Yeah that's why I said ban them.

Upvote 0
I've reviewed the code and it appears to be fine. Don't under estimate the lengths some people will go to troll a model. He might have another account thats been friends with her for years that does have access to the command, some people are sick 🤷‍♂️. I don't know thats just my best guess because again code appears to be fine assuming shes using "Dorothy's Ultra Fembot" by chelsea2950.

That's the thing tho.. Without confirmation of what bot is actually being used we can't really give any support whatsoever.

So @Bloodrose_banshee, what kind of bot is being used EXACTLY?

There appear to be a few options:
1) Mur is using Chelseas Dorothys fembot (which if so you should reach out to them on twitter like I told you, also not to be a dick but that was super valid and important advice 😋) and there is a vulnerability in the code.
2) Mur is using another variant of Dorothys fembot and there's a vulnerability in the code (makes even more sense if Crypto is the one who created it
3) Another trusted mod-user is adding them as botmods through command (there's no vulnerability in the code needed then)
4) Crypto has gained access to Murs computer (which would be the worst case scenario). So the question for this is whether or not she's ever downloaded or used a programme or something that he sent her.

In terms of CB support.. It's important that she contact them herself with a list of everything they've done and preferably screenshots etc. I imagine that this situation also threatens her sense of safety, so that's important to highlight as well.

(As a sidenote, but I imagine that if he's using access through her computer as a way to make himself botmod then she would see herself having typed the commands in chat, so that doesn't seem to be the most logical of the explanations IMO)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's the thing tho.. Without confirmation of what bot is actually being used we can't really give any support whatsoever.

So @Bloodrose_banshee, what kind of bot is being used EXACTLY?

There appear to be a few options:
1) Mur is using Chelseas Dorothys fembot (which if so you should reach out to them on twitter like I told you, also not to be a dick but that was super valid and important advice 😋) and there is a vulnerability in the code.
2) Mur is using another variant of Dorothys fembot and there's a vulnerability in the code (makes even more sense if Crypto is the one who created it
3) Another trusted mod-user is adding them as botmods through command (there's no vulnerability in the code needed then)
4) Crypto has gained access to Murs computer (which would be the worst case scenario). So the question for this is whether or not she's ever downloaded or used a programme or something that he sent her.

In terms of CB support.. It's important that she contact them herself with a list of everything they've done and preferably screenshots etc. I imagine that this situation also threatens her sense of safety, so that's important to highlight as well.

(As a sidenote, but I imagine that if he's using access through her computer as a way to make himself botmod then she would see herself having typed the commands in chat, so that doesn't seem to be the most logical of the explanations IMO)
I greatly appreciate your patience with me and the in depth explanations. Please allow me to anser im order.

1. The bot Mur is using is the original Dorothy Ultra Fembot by Chelsea.
2. None of the people in the modlist were ever asked by Crypto to mod him or any of the other accounts involved.
3. Crypto did not give her any programme, code or anything else to open, run or download.

As for Mur contacting CB support, she asked me for what I wrote in my report, to use as a base / notes of what to include, but thats as far as I know of the situation. I'm unsure of if she's had the time to file one yet or even the memory to do it lol.

I will definitely try to encourage her to submit a ticket asap, and I will try to talk to Chelsea in the meantime. Thank you so much for your help in trying to solve this issue

Upvote 0
Only way I see him showing up on that list is if the either the broadcaster added him in the bots settings or if the broadcaster, a moderator, or someone on the botlist added him. Thats it. Its not normal for a model to turn on advanced, I think that is extremely weird and far too trusting.

Actually I just realized why that name is so familiar, i've replied to his posts before on this very forum. @crypto_squatch

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.