AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Using a phone as a webcam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2019
GTA
Twitter Username
@naija_prince_
Chaturbate Username
_nigerian_prince_
So most people when they start out camming buy themselves a webcam, but the fact of the matter is most of us have better camera's already in our phones, and webcams have seen very little progress in the past decade. This was my thought process when I first started camming but I soon realized how crappy a lot of the software was, so I eventually bought myself a Logitech Brio. The pandemic has seemingly changed all that and there are now decent options for both iOS and Android with EpocCam and Droidcam OBS. respectively. The paid version of each is around $7-8 USD, but you can try out the free versions first.

I couldn't find any good examples for Droidcam OBS, but I did test that one myself and found it surprisingly good. I used the old Droidcam app when I was camming with my phone and I always had problems with it, but this new app works really well with OBS using a plugin. The delay is very minimal so you can reliably monitor your feed through OBS.

Hello's

A bit related ... And unrelated...

I'm a little annoyed atm as ive always hated Iphones, and been an android fan.. Thus the $1500 android on my desk...
Unfortunately, it doesn't do the Facial tracking I need.. But the Iphones do..

The Iphone X and above, has some new powerful tech in it.. like ... True depth sensor array / 3D depth camera , etc etc
As per.

So now im pondering ... Do i really have to throw the expensive android away, and buy an Iphone X or above....

I used the old Droidcam app when I was camming with my phone and I always had problems with it,
I had no problem with mine though using DroidCam on a Samsung S6 since around 2017.
I use it close to the PC simply connected in WiFi, and let it plugged to the charger else it seems to lag easily (maybe to economize the batteries :/ ?)
I see no difference with the plugin but the free version of the OBS plugin adds a big watermark on the frame, so you can use it to test but not to stream, so you can't perform a long-run test, it's a bit a shame :/

I had no problem with mine though using DroidCam on a Samsung S6 since around 2017.
I use it close to the PC simply connected in WiFi, and let it plugged to the charger else it seems to lag easily (maybe to economize the batteries :/ ?)
I see no difference with the plugin but the free version of the OBS plugin adds a big watermark on the frame, so you can use it to test but not to stream, so you can't perform a long-run test, it's a bit a shame :/
The problem I was having with the old version was it was really laggy, and it was giving me variable framerates. It's been over 1.5 years since I last used so I don't remember all the specific problems I had with it, but I don't believe I ever had it work properly with OBS. and yeah the free version is mostly to test if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.