AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Valentines day

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2011
massachusettes
is it just a hoax by marketing to get us to buy things and feel bad if we do not have anyone in our lives to love us on this day or do we just need a day of love to remind us of what we should do on a daily basis? i think that it should not be around anymore not because i am a guy, it is solely because i find this day to be more hurtful than helpful. we should all take steps to let the people who are close to us know how much they mean to us on a daily basis.

Valentines day is usually just another day for me. This year is different though, I'm actually looking forward to it. I don't mean buying overpriced roses and cheap chocolates but because I'll be picking up and playing this beast:

Reactions: sarcasmic
i like valentines day but i havent been single in a realllly long time.. i however hate chocolates and roses as a present..ill eat the chocolates and the roses will die so in the end you just spent upwards of 100 or more for your gifts to be gone in week.
valentines day to me is mostly exciting cause its two days before my bday. and yes i do get lots of pink and heart presents but i dont mind i like pink lol.
i agree we should always practice love but i dont think its particularly hurtful if you don't have a significant other then your friends can be your valentines love isnt just romance its anybody you care about.

Reactions: sarcasmic
Jaydenrainey said:
i like valentines day but i havent been single in a realllly long time.. i however hate chocolates and roses as a present..ill eat the chocolates and the roses will die so in the end you just spent upwards of 100 or more for your gifts to be gone in week.
valentines day to me is mostly exciting cause its two days before my bday. and yes i do get lots of pink and heart presents but i dont mind i like pink lol.
i agree we should always practice love but i dont think its particularly hurtful if you don't have a significant other then your friends can be your valentines love isnt just romance its anybody you care about.

yes but the commercialization of this holiday forces people to think of being in a relationship and not just love everyone. all the ads for valentines force us to think that if we are not in a relationship then this holiday is not for us and i agree cause if a holiday forces me to be in a relationship to enjoy it i am so not gonna be a part of it at all.

The only good part about Valentine's Day is that I know I can trick BJ into having sex with me no matter what. :) The rest of Valentine's Day can go suck my left butt cheek.

The commercialization of Thanksgiving says you have to gather round a table with a family

The commercialization of Easter says you have to be a kid and hunt for eggs to enjoy it

The commercialization of Christmas says you have to get presents from a fat man who comes through your chimney

How many of those commercialization do you buy into? Then why buy into this one?

I reject the commercialization of all the holidays. The commercialization of Valentine's Day has led people to believe it's the day that men spoil their wife/girlfriend/whatever, leading men to want a day of their own. Last year, I had to teach my man that Valentine's Day is supposed to be about doing something special on both sides. Just as in College, I learned that I am no less thankful if I gather around a mattress on the floor with a couple good friends on Thanksgiving.

While I understand that Valentine's Day is made into a big deal, I don't think that makes it any less valid. And I hate the fact that people think it means you're nothing if you're not in a relationship. I'd only get upset about not having a Valentine's Day if I was in a relationship. When I'm not in one, I ignore the holiday. Just like I ignore Hanukkah cause I'm not Jewish.

LadyLuna said:
The commercialization of Thanksgiving says you have to gather round a table with a family

The commercialization of Easter says you have to be a kid and hunt for eggs to enjoy it

The commercialization of Christmas says you have to get presents from a fat man who comes through your chimney

How many of those commercialization do you buy into? Then why buy into this one?

i only enjoy thanksgiving because its a genuine holiday for me, from a big family and i have brothers who live in different parts of the country so it gets us all together to just be family. easter sucks it has no meaning to me and christmas atleast it doesnt triple the price of things just cause it is christmas.
Valentines day is a holiday we can do without plain and simple cause doing something special doesnt need a day specifically for it. I do not celebrate it even if i am in a relationship cause it is as simple as this would you rather have one day where its all about you aka feb 14th or would you like surprises all year round?

sarcasmic said:
i only enjoy thanksgiving because its a genuine holiday for me, from a big family and i have brothers who live in different parts of the country so it gets us all together to just be family.

So should I vote to ban Thanksgiving because I didn't have a family to celibrate it with?

This country is about FREEDOM. If I want to celebrate a holiday, you have no right to tell me I can't. It would be like all the Jehovah's witnesses banning birthday parties, because they don't get one. If you don't like a holiday, ignore it. Simple. If you don't like the prices it generates at that time of year, stock up on the stuff you like before it hits, if you really need to stock up on chocolate hearts...

And last time I checked, candy in the candy isle is no more expense right now than it was a month ago. It's only the candy in the Valentine's Isle that's overpriced. Just like on Halloween, it's never the candy in the normal isle, just the stuff that's got the Halloween packaging that's overpriced.

sarcasmic said:
Valentines day is a holiday we can do without plain and simple cause doing something special doesnt need a day specifically for it. I do not celebrate it even if i am in a relationship cause it is as simple as this would you rather have one day where its all about you aka feb 14th or would you like surprises all year round?

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not both?

A surprise any other day of the year says that I'm important to you. But on Valentine's day, it's means I'm more than a friend, I'm a lover. To understand exactly what that means to me, understand this- I did not have a valentine until two years ago. I was the kid in elementary school that got 6 valentines out of a classroom of 20+ students, because I was the geek, the nerd, the dweeb. I was the girl in high school who was just a little off, the one that creeped everybody out. Not my fault, there's not a class in school about how to socialize, and I was ostracized in 1st grade. My social education began in high school.

While I wasn't into sex, it still kinda stung that none of the guys would even hold my hand and say they wanted me, without making me feel like I was just another girl to "conquer". Shit, half the time guys attempted to show me their dicks, I'm pretty damn sure it was on a fucking dare.

Reactions: WickedTouch
LadyLuna said:
sarcasmic said:
So should I vote to ban Thanksgiving because I didn't have a family to celibrate it with?

This country is about FREEDOM. If I want to celebrate a holiday, you have no right to tell me I can't. It would be like all the Jehovah's witnesses banning birthday parties, because they don't get one. If you don't like a holiday, ignore it. Simple. If you don't like the prices it generates at that time of year, stock up on the stuff you like before it hits, if you really need to stock up on chocolate hearts...

And last time I checked, candy in the candy isle is no more expense right now than it was a month ago. It's only the candy in the Valentine's Isle that's overpriced. Just like on Halloween, it's never the candy in the normal isle, just the stuff that's got the Halloween packaging that's overpriced.

sarcasmic said:
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not both?

for candy prices look what you get for the same price bag of 50 pieces of candy $5 heart with 15 pieces of candy $5 also florist charge $20-$25 for a dozen roses normally during valentines day $60 sometimes more.

you can celebrate what you want i dont celebrate this holiday as you should not celebrate thanksgiving if you feel the need. to me i am still socially awkward be through a lifetime of non existence to women had 3 real gf's one turned out to be a wife briefly, i had probably 8 years of being in a relationship and sex did not happen for me til 8 years ago and i am 35. it is great you find joy on this day and put stock that it proves that you are loved i see it differently that is all

sarcasmic said:
you can celebrate what you want i dont celebrate this holiday as you should not celebrate thanksgiving if you feel the need.

You still don't get my thanksgiving point...

I did celebrate it. I celebrated with FRIENDS. That didn't make it any less valid, just because the commercials make a big deal out of it being about family.

My point was, you made a thread saying that valentine's day should be banned. That, my friend, is against what the US Stands for.

LadyLuna said:
sarcasmic said:
you can celebrate what you want i dont celebrate this holiday as you should not celebrate thanksgiving if you feel the need.

You still don't get my thanksgiving point...

I did celebrate it. I celebrated with FRIENDS. That didn't make it any less valid, just because the commercials make a big deal out of it being about family.

My point was, you made a thread saying that valentine's day should be banned. That, my friend, is against what the US Stands for.

so i cannot ban it for myself and let others deal with it, i guess my opinion doesnt matter and i cannot say what i think ok so that is what the US is about made up holidays and greed. i did get what you said and you celebrate holidays how you want. i will just be an integral part of myself and not be a part of this hallmark holiday cause to me its banned. I will Celebrate my made up holiday known as friday the 13th it comes up to 3 times a year and you can celebrate it however you wish.

Halloween is the best holiday...its about being creative and having fun--not all loaded up with expectations and hallmark greeting cards... :-D

I have to agree with Luna on this one.

If you don't like Valentines Day, ignore it. I love Valentines Day, it is a reminder to show people daily how much you love them. I don't buy into the commercialization of any holiday and they are ALL commercialized, so that argument isn't even valid.

I'm sorry V-Day isn't a "real" holiday to you, but Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc aren't real holidays to other people but you wouldn't want them to be done away with because of that would you? Sounds like you need to just say this isn't for me, ignore it, and move on. Focus on the holidays that make you happy, ignore the ones that don't. Plain and simple.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Rose
GemmaMarie said:

If you don't like Valentines Day, ignore it. I love Valentines Day, it is a reminder to show people daily how much you love them. I don't buy into the commercialization of any holiday and they are ALL commercialized, so that argument isn't even valid.

I'm sorry V-Day isn't a "real" holiday to you, but Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc aren't real holidays to other people but you wouldn't want them to be done away with because of that would you? Sounds like you need to just say this isn't for me, ignore it, and move on. Focus on the holidays that make you happy, ignore the ones that don't. Plain and simple.

if holidays were all gone i would be happy with it cause the usually are taken the wrong way and are never what they were meant to be. and a question, why do we need a holiday to remind us of how we should treat people when all we should do is look in a mirror and go i will treat people the way i want to be treated?

let me explain more i might not be getting this through. I only feel we do not need this holiday because 99% of the reason for it is because it shows i am loved or it is a day to show how much you love someone when that is something that is done every day you are with that person. as i have been informed we do not need other holidays and i feel that is true we do not need christmas to show us how to give gifts, we do not need thanksgiving to gather with friends or family, we do not need st patricks day to get drunk, we do not need easter to what ever easter is about i am not quite sure, we do not need mothers day to show how much we care about our moms, fathers day doesnt exist usually, we do not need birthdays to prove how old we are. We need to start celebrating them correctly or not celebrating them at all. this was all i was getting at i guess my thoughts were not clear enough

@sarcasmic the more you post, the more it just sounds like you want to bitch about the holiday. LadyLuna and GemmaMarie both had well worded posts opposing your stance and yet you're still trying to bitch...I'm not sure when you were elected holiday police, but I think your policing sucks. If you don't like a holiday, then don't celebrate it. End of story. I like Valentine's Day because I know I can count on garunteed sex. I don't get that any other day of the year, even my birthday! For pete's sake, we get that you don't like the holiday but I'm damned anxious to get laid so go bitch in your corner with the other holiday haters where the rest of us can't hear you.

sarcasmic said:
GemmaMarie said:

if holidays were all gone i would be happy with it cause the usually are taken the wrong way and are never what they were meant to be. and a question, why do we need a holiday to remind us of how we should treat people when all we should do is look in a mirror and go i will treat people the way i want to be treated?

I can agree with you that "needing" a reminder to show our appreciation, love, etc is silly. It is. BUT there are 365 days in a year, a million and one things going on, and life gets in the way, we lose perspective. We lose touch with what's really important. It's not as hard to do as you make it seem. Having a reminder that "hey bitch- remember what is important' whether it's via Valentines Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving, the 4th fucking of July- who cares. Their a celebration, a reminder of what is important, because I guess the entire world just isn't that fucking awesome as you to remember 24/7, 365 exactly what we need to do and show every day.

That's reality. Sorry you hate it so.

Reactions: LadyLuna
blackxrose said:
@sarcasmic the more you post, the more it just sounds like you want to bitch about the holiday. LadyLuna and GemmaMarie both had well worded posts opposing your stance and yet you're still trying to bitch...I'm not sure when you were elected holiday police, but I think your policing sucks. If you don't like a holiday, then don't celebrate it. End of story. I like Valentine's Day because I know I can count on garunteed sex. I don't get that any other day of the year, even my birthday! For pete's sake, we get that you don't like the holiday but I'm damned anxious to get laid so go bitch in your corner with the other holiday haters where the rest of us can't hear you.

Pshhhh girl.... I'll give you gauranteed sex on your birthday. ;) That's mandatory in my household :p

GemmaMarie said:
blackxrose said:

Pshhhh girl.... I'll give you gauranteed sex on your birthday. ;) That's mandatory in my household :p

let me rectify this diagnosis of my inabilities to fathom that people grasp the ideals of these days known as holidays. I will procure my self a different view via transitioning my stance in a not so vile and putrid nature. all i was spewing was a different angle of reality with which i need to stand back from and watch. So sorry if my verbiage was mistook for hate cause in life i have learned no one is truly infallible and have learned my lesson of jaded bitterness. So i digress and move to another posting sorry for the disillusionment this has cause be well and stay loved

Is the verbose language really necessary? It only seems to be a pretentious, facile attempt at appealing to verbosity. Esoteric language only confuses others, thereby counter-productive to the ultimate objective of debate: to persuade. Try talking in a way that everyone can understand. Your poor, excessive use of unnecessarily complex words don't help your cause.

To reiterate previous points - the commercialization of holidays has been a problem. However, it's not imposed on anyone, and nobody's coerced to partake in festivities - it's done at the volition of all consenting parties. It's cultural, but not mandatory.

I don't see the problem here. Are you suggesting that there should be an abolishment of holidays? For what cause? It'll do precisely the opposite of your cause - to grant freedom to those who choose to participate/not participate.

The preconceived bias in this argument is why you face a large opposition.

Pollice verso for sarcasmic.

The post valentines chocolate sales redeem this 'frivolous' holiday.

in my last rant i said i was wrong and will just step out of this conversation

Holiday pricing is never a problem for me. I go the day after the holiday and stock up. With a holiday such as Valentine's Day, it gives me the opportunity to buy "love-themed" gifts and save them for use throughout the year. As long as i avoid anything that specifically mentions Valentine's, I'm golden. For other Holidays, I get plenty of other things at clearance price. Halloween decorations, costumes and candy...Christmas decorations and gift sets...Even the end of the winter holidays (Thanksgiving/Christmas) gives me the opportunity to buy the overstocked Hams, turkeys and other Holiday-themed foods. having a freezer chest in the garage is handy for such food sales. :)

I'm not really into romantic gestures, so I have never celebrated Valentine's Day with a significant other. I use the holiday as an excuse to bake cute pink cookies and cupcakes :D

MadisonLeigh said:
I'm not really into romantic gestures, so I have never celebrated Valentine's Day with a significant other. I use the holiday as an excuse to bake cute pink cookies and cupcakes :D

It really is a girl holiday... Sans the romantic stuff I get on V-Day, I adore anything red, pink, sparkley, and with hearts... so Valentines Day is like epic overload on all things awesome for me... :lol:

Reactions: MadisonLeigh
GemmaMarie said:
MadisonLeigh said:

It really is a girl holiday... Sans the romantic stuff I get on V-Day, I adore anything red, pink, sparkley, and with hearts... so Valentines Day is like epic overload on all things awesome for me... :lol:

Agreed! I love it aesthetically, even though the meaning doesn't do much for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.