AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Verifications on campages, with use of passport. Safe?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2012
I am currently in the process of going from "camming cause it is fun", towards "camming to see if I might earn a bit from it". The ideal is to see if I can combine this ;)

I am somewhat unsure what page I will end up with, but as of now I assume either cam4 or chatrubate. I am somewhat familiar with the "climate" there, so that seems like a place to start.

The main hurdle at the moment is verification. As I do not have a drivers license, I will have to use my passport. Do I have to give out my passport number, and if so, what is the safety concerns I should be aware regarding this? The dangers of identity theft worries me quite a bit, and is something that I would want to know as much about as possible before I end up taking that kind of risk.

Alabastra said:
I am currently in the process of going from "camming cause it is fun", towards "camming to see if I might earn a bit from it". The ideal is to see if I can combine this ;)

I am somewhat unsure what page I will end up with, but as of now I assume either cam4 or chatrubate. I am somewhat familiar with the "climate" there, so that seems like a place to start.

The main hurdle at the moment is verification. As I do not have a drivers license, I will have to use my passport. Do I have to give out my passport number, and if so, what is the safety concerns I should be aware regarding this? The dangers of identity theft worries me quite a bit, and is something that I would want to know as much about as possible before I end up taking that kind of risk.

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I can give you a bit of info.

1. You will have to take a picture of the passport, and of you holding the passport, to prove that it really is you.
2. MFC, Streamate, Chaturbate, Flirt4Free, Clips4Sale, and SkinVideo, you do not have to worry about identity theft from those sites. I don't know enough about Cam4 to speak about them, but maybe another model here can reassure you.

LadyLuna said:
Alabastra said:

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I can give you a bit of info.

1. You will have to take a picture of the passport, and of you holding the passport, to prove that it really is you.
2. MFC, Streamate, Chaturbate, Flirt4Free, Clips4Sale, and SkinVideo, you do not have to worry about identity theft from those sites. I don't know enough about Cam4 to speak about them, but maybe another model here can reassure you.
Thank you for your answer :)

Not a problem to do either of that, I am just trying to sort out if I can block out the passport number. That would not been on a drivers license or any other kind of ID, so I would not think that is is vital, but I can't seem to find any clear information about this.

My main worry is actually not the management on most of the larger sites. It is more hackers and new owners that can be of the more dubious kind that concerns me somewhat. I seem to recall that I have seen on some pages that they delete the verification ID after it have been confirmed, but that seems to be tricky to find now. I might be looking at the totally wrong places though.

Amusing though, this is the first time I have encountered a problem cause I don't drive. I wonder if I should mention this next time someone asks me about how difficult it is to live without the ability of driving :lol:

Reactions: LadyLuna
Alabastra said:
LadyLuna said:
Alabastra said:

Thank you for your answer :)

Not a problem to do either of that, I am just trying to sort out if I can block out the passport number. That would not been on a drivers license or any other kind of ID, so I would not think that is is vital, but I can't seem to find any clear information about this.

My main worry is actually not the management on most of the larger sites. It is more hackers and new owners that can be of the more dubious kind that concerns me somewhat. I seem to recall that I have seen on some pages that they delete the verification ID after it have been confirmed, but that seems to be tricky to find now. I might be looking at the totally wrong places though.

Amusing though, this is the first time I have encountered a problem cause I don't drive. I wonder if I should mention this next time someone asks me about how difficult it is to live without the ability of driving :lol:
If you edit or blur out any part of your ID, they will not accept it.

Evvie said:
If you edit or blur out any part of your ID, they will not accept it.

What if she tapes a piece of paper over that part of the ID?

Here's what I would do: tape a piece of paper over, take the pictures with that. Then undo the taped paper and take pictures with that. If they don't accept it with the paper in the way, you already have the normal one.

BUT a DL does have it's own id number, and it is entirely possible to steal an identity with that. I did not black out any part of my DL when I sent the pictures in. I also had to send proof of residence because, at the time, my DL residence didn't match my stated residence, though I did update the address in the state system long before that. So, it's not like they use the DL number for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.