AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Video format for upload

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2021
Twitter Username
@D_A_Xmfc
MFC Username
D_A_X
Hello again, hope everyone had a nice weekend.

What is the video format for uploading to MFC? QuickTime MOV? MP4?

And if you know anything about CODEC, do you use 264 or Pro Res?

I'm learning about video editing and compression and I don't want to lose quality, but I couldn't find on Wiki what the upload parameters are....... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!!

(In case it matters, I shoot in HD & 4K)

Hello again, hope everyone had a nice weekend.

What is the video format for uploading to MFC? QuickTime MOV? MP4?

And if you know anything about CODEC, do you use 264 or Pro Res?

I'm learning about video editing and compression and I don't want to lose quality, but I couldn't find on Wiki what the upload parameters are....... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!!

(In case it matters, I shoot in HD & 4K)
Most sites will take mp4 encoded in 264. Pro res is more a codec for filming in rather than distributing, it's kind of the equivalent of shooting RAW on a camera, it holds more data than mp4 that makes things like color grading footage easier ( if the image is too dark for example a good sensor while shooting pro res will let you bring the brightness up in your editor without it getting super noisy, that does depend on how good the sensor is too though since it needs to capture the data to start with) but a lot of that data becomes redundant once the color grade has been applied.

That's as far as I know anyway. I'm not super huge on camera's but generally when I see pro res being mentioned its always at time of filming with output of the final video to mp4, could be I am putting 2+2 and getting 5 though.

Reactions: D_A_X
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.