AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Video Sales Revenue

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2021
Cyberland
www.inannaqoh.com
Twitter Username
@InannaQoH
Chaturbate Username
InannaQoH
Hello's.

Back History
As some are aware, and as ive discussed in the past..
I dumped my launching a anime girl project, and got distracted with helping/managing a model move from a shitty Agency Setup, to Independent.
Result atm is Broadcasting to 6 platforms and ~6x the previous income.

Next steps, moving onto the video selling side of things like ManyVids. ETC and a long list of video selling platforms..

Question
Trying to work out the time to pump into video sales, and its priority level.
So can I please get some kind of comparison's between ...

1. How much you earn from a few Platform broadcasts in tips..
Compared to ...
2. How much you earn from selling 30-40 video's in a few video selling platforms.

Obviously not interested in real figures. but just some guide would be nice , if possible.. Like..

I make about the same from video sales, compared to tips in broadcasts.
Video's 10x more, Video's 1/2, video's 1/10th..

lols any ballpark comparison's would be nice please, because at the moment I have no clue.

Thanks for the help / hugs

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
You've become a studio, but don't know what you're doing so are coming here to leech from all the models?

Is this model paying you? Did you set her up under a referral? What are you getting out of the relationship? Seems weird for someone who allegedly works a shitton and was doing this anime girl thing as a pet project to just throw it away to "help" another model. Or maybe the project was a just a ruse to make you seem like a safer person.

Why not have her start an account here, get verified, then get all the answers to her questions in MO. That is, if people even feel comfortable answering.

Do you normally go to people's homes and ask "how much did you pay for this?"

You've become a studio, but don't know what you're doing so are coming here to leech from all the models?

No everything is in her name as independent.

Is this model paying you?

No.

Did you set her up under a referral?

Yes, but under her referral's to her accounts and her payments.

What are you getting out of the relationship?

Just helping.
Seems weird for someone who allegedly works a shitton and was doing this anime girl thing as a pet project to just throw it away to "help" another model.

Yeah time's an issue, that's why i was trying to gauge how much time to put into the selling video's side.
Or to concentrate more on other things..

Or maybe the project was a just a ruse to make you seem like a safer person.

Still playing with it a bit.

But.. got side-tracked about 6 months ago. With helping a model instead.

Why not have her start an account here, get verified, then get all the answers to her questions in MO. That is, if people even feel comfortable answering.

Ive pointed her here. But she struggles with the tech side, and is non English.
Which is why I help out with some aspects.

Last edited:
Do you normally go to people's homes and ask "how much did you pay for this?"

Sure. understand, but stated i wasn't after specifics..
But some rough ball parks would be nice.

Was trying to work out,, what 30-40 video's up for sale.. would generate compared to broadcasting tips..
1 / 10th , 1 / 2 , 2x , 10x
Because I have no idea of the comparison..

Doesn't matter. I'll make and list, 10-15 next weekend, on a few vid platforms.. and gauge it from there..

Regards.

Was trying to work out,, what 30-40 video's up for sale.. would generate compared to broadcasting tips..
1 / 10th , 1 / 2 , 2x , 10x
Because I have no idea of the comparison..

The thing is, it's going to be different for every model. One model may have hundreds of videos and hardly sell any, but may make good money from private shows and tips. Whereas another model can have a fraction of that amount of content and do incredibly well with video sales, but not do as well live camming. Just because one model makes money from videos doesn't mean another one will. There's really no way to do an accurate comparison. I feel like that's just common sense and the fact that you think that you can get data from models here on their income and that would translate over to the other model's income... well that just sort of shows that you may not be the best person to help this model out.

Also, just my two cents, but if a model cannot manage her own business and needs a member who has never cammed or made content before to help them not just on the tech side of things, but needs that member to tell them where to post content, how much content to make, what their schedule should be like, etc, then maybe this isn't the right job for them. The fact that any model would even be okay with a member having that much of a say in their business is mind boggling to me, especially since there's a ton of useful information readily available online for models to read up on. Just on the public side of this forum there's a ton of useful information. And even though this is an English speaking forum, there's online translation sites so she can still get the information she needs.

The thing is, it's going to be different for every model. One model may have hundreds of videos and hardly sell any, but may make good money from private shows and tips. Whereas another model can have a fraction of that amount of content and do incredibly well with video sales, but not do as well live camming. Just because one model makes money from videos doesn't mean another one will. There's really no way to do an accurate comparison. I feel like that's just common sense and the fact that you think that you can get data from models here on their income and that would translate over to the other model's income... well that just sort of shows that you may not be the best person to help this model out.

Makes sense, ,thanks for the comments.
As I said, I'll just make 10-15 video's for her, and 3-6 vid platform accounts.. Next weekend..
For starters, And gauge it from there.

Also, just my two cents, but if a model cannot manage her own business and needs a member who has never cammed or made content before to help them not just on the tech side of things, but needs that member to tell them where to post content, how much content to make, what their schedule should be like, etc, then maybe this isn't the right job for them. The fact that any model would even be okay with a member having that much of a say in their business is mind boggling to me, especially since there's a ton of useful information readily available online for models to read up on. Just on the public side of this forum there's a ton of useful information. And even though this is an English speaking forum, there's online translation sites so she can still get the information she needs.
Yeah that's why she was with an agency for 6 months prior..
But they take 40% of the tip's, and all of the referrals. And they didn't do much apart from make the accounts. Provide the equipment, and take 1/2 the money.
Now she is busy learning.

But not much spare time with 40+ hours a week broadcasting, + Social media promotion + Planning shows / decorating room's ETC.
So, a bit at a time.

As stated, she's independent.
Sooooo you're not her manager then- just some random dude who claims to be in contact with her asking questions for her, claiming to be helping her...
That's why we're a little reluctant to give info to you, and to assume you don't have sketchy intent.
Anyway, cool you're devoting all this time to some girl you met on the internet, just don't expect her to owe you anything from what you're doing- which isn't really a lot. She can easily do her own research on this and probably has more inside info than you anyway. And hopefully you're not trying to manipulate her or anything. Seems to be the trend when people self-assert themselves as model helpers.

Anyway, yeah, what Marceline said is the best piece of advice for your "friend" honestly.

earning extremely more than she was at the agency.
And that is great news. I'm happy for that. I hope her trajectory continues upward.

Sooooo you're not her manager then- just some random dude who claims to be in contact with her asking questions for her, claiming to be helping her...
That's why we're a little reluctant to give info to you, and to assume you don't have sketchy intent.
Anyway, cool you're devoting all this time to some girl you met on the internet, just don't expect her to owe you anything from what you're doing- which isn't really a lot. She can easily do her own research on this and probably has more inside info than you anyway. And hopefully you're not trying to manipulate her or anything. Seems to be the trend when people self-assert themselves as model helpers.

Anyway, yeah, what Marceline said is the best piece of advice for your "friend" honestly.

Sure I understand.

I manage things she needs help with, and she has asked me to manage/do for her..
Such as making video's, the vid selling platform accounts, linking via referrals, etc etc
+ on the other side, ive provided her with video editing software, and am teaching her how to edit video's etc herself. so she can do it herself later and in future.

But there's also lots of other things shes asked for help with.. For example..
Gaming to the twitch PG market, in Spanish ... So she has something extra and fun to do, and aim to increase her audience with, a week a month..
Establish her fanclub's etc for her. And flanclub platforms like onlyfan's etc..

Lots to do, and limited time to do it..
So was mainly trying to gauge some priorities, and how much time to spend on what, in what order.

Like i mean if video's on video sites, are high enough earning .. Then id concentrate more on those..
And do a lot more video's on a lot more video platforms...

If its not, better to split the time, and also work on non existant fanclubs, and the twitch broadcasting and gaming.
And 101 other things. ETC..

And that is great news. I'm happy for that. I hope her trajectory continues upward.

Its fun watching her spend it too.
Moved from family to her own home. Got her own first computer, A phone that works.
Buying beds and furntature ETC for the new empty house.

How to use the new computer, apart from pressing the "Start broadcast" button.. hehe will take a bit more time :)

As I said, I'll just make 10-15 video's for her, and 3-6 vid platform accounts.. Next weekend..

How are you going to be making videos for her? Are you scripting them? Are you editing them? Dressing up as her and filming them yourself? This is just a really weird thing to say.

If she has already been camming for over half a year then she should know by now what she is doing. If she doesn't, or has questions, then she should be doing the research or asking the questions herself. Having a member, someone who has never been live on cam a day in their life and has never made content before, making your cam and content schedule and "making" videos for you, comes across as the model either being manipulated or being too lazy to do these things herself. Either way, I doubt you're going to find many independent models who are going to give you, as a middle man, the advice you're looking for.

You have to see it from our perspective. There's a ton of guys out there who try manipulating naïve models under the guise of being helpful. They do it so that they can feel self important, because they get off on the control and power aspect of it, so that they can get free attention and content from a hot model and/or so that they can have this model turn her room into what they want to see. I'm not saying that this is you, maybe you're genuinely a helpful guy, but honestly, this is all just coming off as some sort of pet project that you're getting off on.

It's really not that hard to be a cam model and create content. Sure, there's a learning curve. Sure, it can be very time consuming, but if this is your job and your main source of income it's a terrible idea to let some random guy you met online have this much control simply because you feel like it's too much work or you don't have enough time to do it on your own.

Yeah, this doesn't sound right at all. It sounds weird.

Even if she came here herself, after putting the time in to learn some English (I'm currently working on 4 different languages to expand my fan base, and regularly do shows with SM Members who don't speak my native language... so not knowing a language isn't a hall pass to me), I still wouldn't help a random stranger with the level of info and specifics your posts tend to require.

Even true relationships are somewhat transactional to a degree. People hook up with people and stay with people because they get something they want from them, often non-tangible, but it's still something. I think it's naive to assume that with none of us knowing this lady, and none of us having had any help from you with cam-related issues that make us money, or save us time, that we would be tripping over ourselves to help you out (?). And shoving "hugs" at the end of your request, like you're a fellow female model, doesn't change that for me.

If you honestly like to spend your time helping out strangers, and getting nothing out of it for yourself, then good for you. But I for one don't. So with me, it stops right here.

Sorry to be blunt, but camming is a business. Go spend money on a consult with one of the high-earning models if you want information.
Many of them offer them.
Every other field I've ever been in consults cost $$$. So go spend some.

There comes a point where I really just don't want to enable people further with stupid time-wasting shit. And that's that.

Last edited:
How are you going to be making videos for her? Are you scripting them? Are you editing them? Dressing up as her and filming them yourself? This is just a really weird thing to say.

At the moment, time's still pretty short. So she will make decent content, specifically for her video selling platforms later.. ~2-3 weeks or so.
For starters I'll make the accounts, And make video's for her using NCH's Videopad mainly + some other minor software.
Extracted from her OBS video source.. For which i have ~750 or so hours worth of video to draw from.

Link back to her platform accounts with her referral links.
Make the banners, for the sites, ETC

If she has already been camming for over half a year then she should know by now what she is doing. If she doesn't, or has questions, then she should be doing the research or asking the questions herself. Having a member, someone who has never been live on cam a day in their life and has never made content before, making your cam and content schedule and "making" videos for you, comes across as the model either being manipulated or being too lazy to do these things herself. Either way, I doubt you're going to find many independent models who are going to give you, as a middle man, the advice you're looking for.
Sure, nps..
You have to see it from our perspective. There's a ton of guys out there who try manipulating naïve models under the guise of being helpful. They do it so that they can feel self important, because they get off on the control and power aspect of it, so that they can get free attention and content from a hot model and/or so that they can have this model turn her room into what they want to see. I'm not saying that this is you, maybe you're genuinely a helpful guy, but honestly, this is all just coming off as some sort of pet project that you're getting off on.

It's really not that hard to be a cam model and create content. Sure, there's a learning curve. Sure, it can be very time consuming, but if this is your job and your main source of income it's a terrible idea to let some random guy you met online have this much control simply because you feel like it's too much work or you don't have enough time to do it on your own.

Depends on your background and experience. She didn't own a computer or have any computer experience ETC when swapping from Agency to independent.
At the agency the only thing done is , broadcast, and social media. Which is why she asked me to help with the swapover.

If you honestly like to spend your time helping out strangers, and getting nothing out of it for yourself, then good for you. But I for one don't. So with me, it stops right here.
Sorry to be blunt, but camming is a business. Go spend money on a consult with one of the high-earning models if you want information.
Many of them offer them.
Every other field I've ever been in consults cost $$$. So go spend some.
There comes a point where I really just don't want to enable people further with stupid time-wasting shit. And that's that.

Sure..

For starters I'll make the accounts,

She needs to be the one doing this. If she can't even make her own accounts, that's a big problem. You don't need a lot of computer experience to do it, it's pretty simple.

As a member, there is no reason at all for you to have access to her accounts. That means you have access to all of her personal information, including legal identification and banking/payout info. The fact that you're not just telling her to create the accounts herself is a major red flag and makes me think even more that you don't have good and pure intentions. Making banners, even editing videos, okay.... but that? No. It's not okay in any way, shape or form.

Makes sense, ,thanks for the comments.
For starters, And gauge it from there.

Yeah that's why she was with an agency for 6 months prior..
But they take 40% of the tip's, and all of the referrals. And they didn't do much apart from make the accounts. Provide the equipment, and take 1/2 the money.
Now she is busy learning.

But not much spare time with 40+ hours a week broadcasting, + Social media promotion + Planning shows / decorating room's ETC.
So, a bit at a time.
My point is you asking about revenue, even ballpark is rude.

And you are giving off epimp vibes, and it ain't cute.

My point is you asking about revenue, even ballpark is rude.

Understand. But i didn't ask for revenue.. As i also would consider that rude.
Just asked how it compared to broadcast revenue % wise. Roughly..
Which i thought was acceptable..

If it wasn't acceptable. Sorry : )

Give a man a fish you'll feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you'll feed him a lifetime.

When teaching someone to fish it is best to be a fisherman..fisherperson..whatever u get the point.

She needs to learn to fish, you're not a fisherman. Best way to help someone would be to send them money to pay for fishing lessons from a fisherman. Or something. This metaphor got a little convoluted

Give a man a fish you'll feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you'll feed him a lifetime.

When teaching someone to fish it is best to be a fisherman..fisherperson..whatever u get the point.

She needs to learn to fish, you're not a fisherman. Best way to help someone would be to send them money to pay for fishing lessons from a fisherman. Or something. This metaphor got a little convoluted
Yeah do it whatever it is

Exactly this. It could take her months of figuring out what kind of clips sell for her (so many different niches, so many ways to promo), someone else throwing twenty hours at it will do next to nothing for her in the long run.

Reactions: Brit and AudriTwo
I'm confused... so is she paying you or are you making money in referrals?

You said you would be doing the sign ups for the video platforms. Are you signing up under your name or hers?

I'm confused... so is she paying you or are you making money in referrals?

Neither.. She gets the income, and her referral setup is used.

You said you would be doing the sign ups for the video platforms. Are you signing up under your name or hers?

Everything's in her name / etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.