AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Walking a line and need advice, help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2017
Hello all. I'm new(ish). I guess I'm posting because I need some help. Before diving in, i'll preface with, I love the forum and I appreciate the warmth felt here. It's been a wonderful learning experience so far.

Anyways... I've been considering taking the plunge into clip making. I'm in a relationship and my boyfriend is very supportive. He wants to help (super adorable how excited he is). He's honestly happy that I found something I'm passionate about... because I am.

For the first time in my life I feel in control and creative. The only thing that worries me is the stigma surrounding sex workers and how it can effect your vanilla life.

From what I've gathered after reading, camming/sex work, is all or nothing because it will never disappear (nature of the internet, I get it). So making a decision isn't something to take lightly.

I guess what I'm wondering is... how did you guys deal with these feelings? How do you make a life plan when you work in the sex industry? I mean, we're all going to get old someday, what then? Can you honestly make that much to set yourself up? Or is that unrealistic? Most badass cam chicks I'm familiar with have worked their asses off to be where they are... is that a reasonable dream for someone new? Can this be your life?

For me... it almost feels like this is what I should be doing... it's who I am. But, it feels like have to shove it down, and I'm over it.

I know I can only make this choice.. but, it's nice to bounce things off people who actually get it. I'm struggling a little.. and I need some help.

if this is what you feel like you should be doing and it's what you're passionate about, then what's stopping you? no career is guaranteed to set you up for like. that's why it's called work, ya know?

as for me... i'm confident in myself and my abilities. i work hard (almost at full time, 40+ hours a week status), and i track my goals and savings very closely. i have long and short term goals for camming, finances, and life in general. bad days/weeks happen and plans have to be adjusted, but it's just what has to happen. it's the nature of running a business and being and independent contractor.

as far as things that i do online being there forever... i'm comfortable with what i do. i love the adult industry and i'm passionate about it. i do it safely and the people that matter know that i am a cam model. don't let the stigmas hold you back!

if this is what you feel like you should be doing and it's what you're passionate about, then what's stopping you? no career is guaranteed to set you up for like. that's why it's called work, ya know?

as for me... i'm confident in myself and my abilities. i work hard (almost at full time, 40+ hours a week status), and i track my goals and savings very closely. i have long and short term goals for camming, finances, and life in general. bad days/weeks happen and plans have to be adjusted, but it's just what has to happen. it's the nature of running a business and being and independent contractor.

as far as things that i do online being there forever... i'm comfortable with what i do. i love the adult industry and i'm passionate about it. i do it safely and the people that matter know that i am a cam model. don't let the stigmas hold you back!

Don't get me wrong, I never thought it would be a walk in the park, or easy in the slightest. I like a challenge and I like having a certain lifestyle... and I'm definitely not shy of hard work. I'm all or nothing. I guess I'm just going back forth between what's expected of me and what I want.

I want to be good. I want to be happy. Im not really worried about being exposed to people from high school or my hometown, fuck them. I'm more worried about how it would effect me if I ever wanted to go back to school... that's in the cards as well.

I just want to do right by myself... and my family someday. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it your support/input.

• Hugs
Reactions: KarlaKaress
I don't see it affecting you being able to pay for and go to school someday as long as it's not like some special program that gives a shit about your off campus life... as long as you don't want to teach school.
Honestly this job does stay with you forever but it doesn't mean you can't ever do anything else. There are many camgirls who have seconds jobs, or left to chase another career goal. It just limits you a bit and MIGHT haunt you later in life. question is, do you have what it takes to handle the haunt or start planning your long term investments right away?

Don't get me wrong, I never thought it would be a walk in the park, or easy in the slightest. I like a challenge and I like having a certain lifestyle... and I'm definitely not shy of hard work. I'm all or nothing. I guess I'm just going back forth between what's expected of me and what I want.

I want to be good. I want to be happy. Im not really worried about being exposed to people from high school or my hometown, fuck them. I'm more worried about how it would effect me if I ever wanted to go back to school... that's in the cards as well.

I just want to do right by myself... and my family someday. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it your support/input.

i've gone back to school twice! :) *cries over my student loans/master's degree* i'm not sure where you're from, but it really shouldn't effect getting into/staying in school.

what do you feel is expected of you? what do you really want?

i've gone back to school twice! :) *cries over my student loans/master's degree* i'm not sure where you're from, but it really shouldn't effect getting into/staying in school.

what do you feel is expected of you? what do you really want?

Girl, I feel it. I'm sitting on some loans, too. Go to school they said.... it's the best investment you'll make they said..... ugh.

Hmmmmm...I suppose I'm expected to live this vanilla life... and do what everyone else is doing. That's cool... just not for me.

I just want to do what feels right. I guess if I were more independent right now... I wouldn't give a shit. But, Im still tied to people I care about who wouldn't approve. I'd hate to have to hide who I am... I'm over that.

BUT, I should be in a better situation soon, and out of trump country... sigh.

question is, do you have what it takes to handle the haunt or start planning your long term investments right away?

Hell yeah x100000000

• Hugs
Reactions: KarlaKaress
Status
Not open for further replies.