AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

warning: watch out with uploading pic's to your cam account

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2012
I would like to warn everybody.
If you put nice pictures on your cam account, and they are also on for example your personal facebook account.

they can easily be tracked by Google's service.

Simply click on the camera and put they image link there.

This way I found many facebook accounts from girls.

http://images.google.com

Re: warning: watch out with uploading pic's to your cam acco

So your warning us but also stating that you search girls to find their facebook accounts....

COOL :snooty:

I just try to help :violin:

Regardless of the intentions of our informer, he is absolutely right. Be careful about having overlap between personally and professionally used pics. There are a few places you can track down a lady's personal info by searching using an image file....

I just tried with some friends on MFC and warned them how easy it is to track someone.

Reactions: bob

I'm sure the intentions of the OP were just to warn us, so thank you for that Wendsor, but maybe next time you want to issue a warning don't give a how-to example for the creepy guys that lurk here as guests and didn't already know that this was an option. ;)

If you ever come across some tidbit like this, you could always PM it to Amber so she can post it within models only as a warning and the looky-loos are none-the-wiser!

Doing stalking type stuff seems so strange to me. What possible good can come out of finding a model's personal information that she does not want you to have?

If a model wants you to know she will tell you, and if she does not she will not.

AnaVictoriaXO said:
So your warning us but also stating that you search girls to find their facebook accounts....

I'd imagine a lot of guys wind up banned after telling models "Hey, I found you on FB!" Even if they are "trying to help out," it's just sort of creepy. Probably better off just PMing her "Hey, I'm not sure if you upload any of your MFC photos elsewhere, but I wanted to suggest that if you do, avoid uploading them to Facebook."

I feel that this has been talked about on the stalker thread before. It is still good information to repeat.

I use google image search very often to track photos across the Internet. If I were bored, I may well be inclined to google a photo or two of a model I liked. I never have, but I may well - if I were bored.

Nonetheless, intent is not magic. Saying, "it is okay for me to violate a model's privacy because I know that I am a good guy" does not make your actions okay. In fact, I'm of mind that it makes you a worse person - because you know extremely well that what you are doing is bad, but you justify it because you're 'special'. Not that this is necessarily true in Wendsor's case. I just feel that there are a lot of white knights and regulars out there who feel they are justified in, and should even be allowed to, search for a model's personal info because they are on "her side".

If your goal is to help a model with her safety, send her a link to the stalker thread or just say, "hey I heard of a model recently who was outed because of some common security mistakes, you should make sure you're doing okay in those areas!" Finding out a model's personal info just to scare her isn't a nice thing to do.

I not know what you talking about but every single girl was happen I told them.

Wendsor said:
I not know what you talking about but every single girl was happen I told them.

It's quite simple, sir.

Warning models of the privacy issues that may arise from using facebook photos on a camming account - good

Using google to find models' facebook pages without their permission and then telling a forum full of potential stalkery pervs how to do it - bad

DeviantDarla said:
Good thing I dont ever post pics of me in my panties/nekked on fb :lol:
lol that was the first thing that came to mind when I read this lol, that I couldn't imagine any photos on mfc profiles being used on facebook :lol:

Shaun__ said:
Doing stalking type stuff seems so strange to me. What possible good can come out of finding a model's personal information that she does not want you to have?

If a model wants you to know she will tell you, and if she does not she will not.
I think some guys just can't help themselves/fantasize they have a real "connection" with the model....you know, fairly common crazy stuff

Reactions: Nordling and 16_bit

Jupiter551 said:
DeviantDarla said:
Good thing I dont ever post pics of me in my panties/nekked on fb :lol:
lol that was the first thing that came to mind when I read this lol, that I couldn't imagine any photos on mfc profiles being used on facebook :lol:
Actually, everytime I take an acceptable picture of my face I have to decide if it goes to MFC/twitter/tumblr, or if it becomes my new fb profile pic.
Most of the time I decide to put it on MFC etc. and sacrifice the facebook possibility. That's how much I love you guys

AnaVictoriaXO said:

I'm going to let Ana FB stalk me whenever she wants. :p

Reactions: AnaVictoriaXO

I tried several dating sites once, and one of the women on a pay site contacted me on Facebook. It is kind of creepy when people just pop up like that, and one of the reasons I do not miss having a Facebook account.

Reactions: LadyLuna

I like the fact that you are making us aware of this. I have memebers joke about showing up on my front door step.... the only worry I have is that one day one of them really wont be joking. I try my best to keep most my info at bay, but there are always things like this that I never think about.

kaligurl270 said:
I like the fact that you are making us aware of this. I have memebers joke about showing up on my front door step.... the only worry I have is that one day one of them really wont be joking. I try my best to keep most my info at bay, but there are always things like this that I never think about.

you are welcome kaligurl270 :)

AllisonWilder said:
but maybe next time you want to issue a warning don't give a how-to example for the creepy guys that lurk here as guests and didn't already know that this was an option. ;)

Heh, security through obscurity does not work. The OP did every girl a service. The creeps already know this shit because they bothered to research it. OF course the best thing is to not have a personal fb AT ALL if you are going to cam. Facial recognition software gets better every year.

Reactions: Wendsor

flr666 said:
AllisonWilder said:
but maybe next time you want to issue a warning don't give a how-to example for the creepy guys that lurk here as guests and didn't already know that this was an option. ;)

Heh, security through obscurity does not work. The OP did every girl a service. The creeps already know this shit because they bothered to research it. OF course the best thing is to not have a personal fb AT ALL if you are going to cam. Facial recognition software gets better every year.
I'm glad someone understands.

Status
Not open for further replies.