AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Watch_Dogs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2010
California
The most talked about game @ E3 2013 is finally coming out this Tuesday on the 27th. Think of it as Grand Theft Auto with hacking mechanics and skill progression sort of in the vein of Deus Ex.

If this game hasn't caught your eye yet, here's a couple vids that might change your mind:

I put my pre-order in today and I'm hyped as fuck. This couldn't come out at a more opportune time, since I desperately need a break from GTA V.

I've had this preordered since last year's E3 in June, and even with all the delays, I'm rather hyped.

However, people I know that have gotten their copies early, say it's definitely no GTA-killer. It's lacking a lot of polish, and the world just isn't as organic as GTA. Hopefully I can enjoy it on it's own merits, and not compare it so heavily to Rockstar's games, but it'll be tough.

I've come close to purchasing an Xbox One a couple times since it came out, but this game is sealing the deal.

I considered just getting it for the 360, but not all of the online modes would be available for it so I'm moving up.

Pretty excited.

Kunra9 said:
I considered just getting it for the 360, but not all of the online modes would be available for it so I'm moving up.

Just found out that "Free Roam" and "Data Decryption" will not be on the 360 and PS3 versions, which is think is stupid idea. Next gen is only 6 months old; alot of people still on the fence on upgrading and it only just segregates their customers.

Not happy about hearing this since these are the multiplayer modes I was really looking forward to.

Yeah it kind of sucks as there are a ton more players on last gen. I've never seen a complete explanation either on what exactly was the issue.

The most info I've seen was a tweet from a dev that said the free-roam and decryption modes were never part of the original game, they are an added bonus for the latest gen.
Eh

So I've been playing it and really enjoying it. The single player is fun. Storyline is ok, nothing amazing. What really keeps this game crazy fun is the online connectivity. Invading other players' games is crazy fun. And then randomly having to defend yourself when someone invades your is pretty exciting. And it's different all the time. The online decrypt mode has been a blast as well.

Well worth the money IMO

I've not played a whole lot of it but I've been pretty disappointed with it so far. The main character is a dick and I find it impossible to invest emotionally in the storyline as a result. The driving mechanics are terrible and any mission that forces you to escape the police is a fucking nightmare and not fun in the slightest.

I am enjoying the hacking gimmick and there's plenty of cool stuff to do/explore outside of the main story, but it's just such a weird game in terms of tone and morality. Your character is a thief and stole from the wrong person and as a direct result of his actions, his niece was killed on behalf of those he stole from. A year later (when the game takes place), he's still a thief and is seemingly incapable of personal accountability. Yet the game encourages you to be a paragon of virtue... whilst continuing to steal from the poor and needy.

Typical run of events:

Use phone to hack someone's bank account to steal their money
Use phone to hack into someone's phone and eavesdrop on their conversation
Upon hearing their plans to rob someone, you're encouraged to stop them
Steal car to chase after them, losing points if you accidentally kill/injure any civilians
Catch them before they've actually committed any crime and apprehend them, leaving them for the police to find and punish
Walk away from the situation to start the next mission... in which you have to steal a car and deliver it to a paying customer

C'mon Ubisoft. If he's a criminal, let me go about my criminal business without having moral burdens imposed on me; if he's a "hero", don't encourage me to be such an unrelenting criminal. It's jarring and makes no sense and takes me out of the game.

This game has been a huge disappointment for me. As a PC gamer I've come to expect some bugs upon release of a new game that I just paid $60 for, but this has been one of the worst releases I've experienced in a while. I didn't even try to play on release day due to all the crap with Uplay being down. I had issues even getting the game to launch and it took me an entire afternoon to get that sorted out by replacing .ini files.

My two biggest gripes that I hope get addressed in a future patch is optimization and an option to disable mouse acceleration. I'm barely getting 30 fps with the settings on medium, and even on my brother's beast of a computer with SLI GTX Titans, the performance is terrible.

I really enjoy the stealth aspect of the game and I like the shootouts during the missions. It's a lot of fun to use the objects around you to take out enemies without being seen. Listening in on phone calls can be humorous. But as Bob mentioned, the reputation system doesn't really seem to be thought out all that well. You can steal an infinite amount of money from people's bank accounts with no change to your reputation, but if you steal $400 from a store your reputation goes down. One car chase and my reputation is cut in half because of running over dozens of civilians due to the bad driving mechanics.

I haven't played much of the online mode yet though because I don't really want to be interrupted when I'm try to casually play through the campaign.

Cops chases really are the worst. I've not run over any god damn civilians more than when a cop pushes my car. So I've taken to just ordering the free motorcycle, if I'm about to do something silly. Too bad the car delivery is locked in missions.

The reputation system is based on witnesses best I can tell. It's a reputation system, not a moral compass. It doesn't represent character guilt, it represents public opinion. So yeah it makes sense that you can hack bank accounts with no penalty because nobody sees you do it. If you rob a store, people see that. If you run people over in a car, people see that. Luckily though, there is no major penalty for playing a bad guy. It's just likely people call the cops on you. Hilarious random event: sneaking past some guards, I hack a grenade, guard hurls it into the street before it explodes. It lands in a group of 4 civilians and kills them. Guess who got negative rep for that? So yeah, the witness thing doesn't always work.

I haven't played enough different games to know what people complain about driving wise. I played GTAV and it feels the about the same to me. Aside from the occasional physics flub where I crash into another car and for some reason my car flies literally 200 feet into the air.

I've had a lot of trouble with the stealth aspect myself. There is always lots of things in the environment to use, but every time I end up just going blazing guns. Aside from the missions that auto-fail you when you do this (which really pisses me off).

I'm enjoying the online play a ton, but I don't understand the scoring system at all. I can't find any logic behind it. I'll play online decrypt, our team will win, my kill/death ratio will be even or something like 6-5 and I will get negative points. Then I'll play another match, we will lose, I'll have even k/d and get 250 points. I mean wtf does it even mean?

Why is it when people post a video of Watch Dogs like the one above, people see it as a mark of how poorly developed the game is.
Then everyone starts sucking Rockstar's dick about how awesome their game is.
Yet here is a video from GTAV showing tons of problems with their game too.
Many of these glitches are identical.

So why the double standard?

I think that's the result of the expectation fueled by gameplay trailers like this one, combined with the fact that is the one of the first major AAA game releases to this new generation of consoles.

So you add that with glitches people would find in the last generation, just like you pointed out, plus a lot fanboyism aaaand... tada! Double standard.

Ya I dunno. I feel like this game is receiving WAY more hate than it deserves. Obviously it's not perfect.

The only real complaint I understand is the graphical letdown. Ya the E3 2012 debut had unbelievable graphics, and the game delivered doesn't meet that.

But otherwise the game is a blast.

First true open world game this company has created. Yeah it's gonna have issues, but EVERY game has issues. *shrug*

I recommend it to everyone. Well worth the full price.

I'm not sure this is fake, I bought a PS4 copy and I'm not PC tech savvy at all, but looks like the retail PC version was intentionally downgraded by Ubisoft. This downgrade excluded one of video effects people could see at the E3 2012 videos from the default settings.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

Video with one the "hacked" versions:

Status
Not open for further replies.