AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Watermark for Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emiliaatlantaa

Cam Model
Mar 24, 2023
Canada
www.selenecandace.com
Twitter Username
@Xcandybabyxx
Chaturbate Username
Emiliaatlanta
Hey loves,
I've been searching like crazy for this so don't kill me lol. I KNOW it's in the thread but I'm STILL confused because I have a Chromebook and for some reason it's not letting me download splitcam or obs (??).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
My issues are these:
1) My downloads just won't open -- they're both saying my computer is incompatible for the download
2) When I try to troubleshoot by trying to install the Linux code onto my computer, I get stuck at the step where it says, "in the cosh tab [...]"
3) I was going to Download manycams from the play store but it had horrible reviews and a 2.6 rating so I decided not to
I would greatly appreciate any help!
Love,
Emilia

Hey loves,
I've been searching like crazy for this so don't kill me lol. I KNOW it's in the thread but I'm STILL confused because I have a Chromebook and for some reason it's not letting me download splitcam or obs (??).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
My issues are these:
1) My downloads just won't open -- they're both saying my computer is incompatible for the download
2) When I try to troubleshoot by trying to install the Linux code onto my computer, I get stuck at the step where it says, "in the cosh tab [...]"
3) I was going to Download manycams from the play store but it had horrible reviews and a 2.6 rating so I decided not to
I would greatly appreciate any help!
Love,
Emilia
Is your chromebook running chromeOS?
ChromeOS isnt supported by OBS because it locks apps out from accessing the hardware. You can get it running, but it's not as simple as just install and run. You need to activate dev mode and do a fair amount of messing about.
Here is a blog article that walks over doing it:

You might be better off searching the playstore for RMTP and trying a different streaming app, they work the same way as OBS but will be built to work with your device. Generally running things on systems that they were not designed for ends up being a pretty bad experience (not always, just a lot of the time).

The draw back to chrome books, they run there own OS, not windows or MacOS. I have heard you can get linux to run on them, but not sure how well those apps run on it.
For Streaming, best would have been getting an actual Windows/Mac Desktop computer or laptop. Not what you want to hear i know.

Reactions: Emiliaatlantaa
ChromeOS isnt supported by OBS because it locks apps out from accessing the hardware. You can get it running, but it's not as simple as just install and run. You need to activate dev mode and do a fair amount of messing about.

You might be better off searching the playstore for RMTP and trying a different streaming app, they work the same way as OBS but will be built to work with your device. Generally running things on systems that they were not designed for ends up being a pretty bad experience (not always, just a lot of the time).
Do you by any chance have alternate instructions? There are not in English 😌 although thank you so so much for sending!!!!! I’m searching myself and there’s so much info out there I don’t know who’s instructions to follow? Maybe ynotcams?
This is a mess 😅

should I just get manycam on the play store at this point?

Do you by any chance have alternate instructions? There are not in English 😌 although thank you so so much for sending!!!!! I’m searching myself and there’s so much info out there I don’t know who’s instructions to follow? Maybe ynotcams?
This is a mess 😅
Do you already have linux installed on your chromebook?

should I just get manycam on the play store at this point?
Using apps that are designed to work on the device is always going to be less problematic.
Personally I would get manycam, and then if I didnt like it at least I would be able to work while I tried to get obs working.

Using apps that are designed to work on the device is always going to be less problematic.
Personally I would get manycam, and then if I didnt like it at least I would be able to work while I tried to get obs working.
Thanks for your advice!!!☺️

Here's a pretty in depth guide on how to install linux on a chrome book.

Looking at it though if it's your only device or you cant afford downtime of trying to get it working I probably wouldn't bother. If your chrome book supports linux then it looks like it should be pretty straight forward but if it's not then it gets a bit more complicated and theres proberly going to be a lot of googling trying to get things working, like you might get it installed and find that the wifi chip in your chromebook isnt supported by linux, which might end up in a lot of time trying to find someone thats fixed it and then trying to add that fix.

Here's a pretty in depth guide on how to install linux on a chrome book.

Looking at it though if it's your only device or you cant afford downtime of trying to get it working I probably wouldn't bother. If your chrome book supports linux then it looks like it should be pretty straight forward but if it's not then it gets a bit more complicated and theres proberly going to be a lot of googling trying to get things working, like you might get it installed and find that the wifi chip in your chromebook isnt supported by linux, which might end up in a lot of time trying to find someone thats fixed it and then trying to add that fix.
ya i just downloaded manycam and now im stuck on trying to get that set up

but i cant get linux installed on my chomebook, it wont let me because i get stuck at that ste i mentioned in my initial post. it jst wont let me type the code. i wish i was better at computers, im just so bad at technology-- i swear this shouldnt be that hard

ya i just downloaded manycam and now im stuck on trying to get that set up

but i cant get linux installed on my chomebook, it wont let me because i get stuck at that ste i mentioned in my initial post. it jst wont let me type the code. i wish i was better at computers, im just so bad at technology-- i swear this shouldnt be that hard
From what I read (I skimmed through it). To be able to write the commands to install linux you need to put your chromebook in developer mode first if installing linux is not supported on your chromebook. (if it is there should be an option to enable linux in the settings). When you put your chromebook into developer mode it says that it will erase all your data.

Cant really help too much more since I dont have any first hand experience with chrome os.

From what I read (I skimmed through it). To be able to write the commands to install linux you need to put your chromebook in developer mode first if installing linux is not supported on your chromebook. (if it is there should be an option to enable linux in the settings). When you put your chromebook into developer mode it says that it will erase all your data.

Cant really help too much more since I dont have any first hand experience with chrome os.
youve been more than enouugh help, thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: KingMarti
The best solution for your problem is to get a new computer with MacOS or WINDOWS
while I agree that is proberly the best solution, it may not be viable at the moment.

another option would be to get an app like camerafi live which uses the phone camera and hardware to encode the stream and connects via rmtp the same way OBS does and then load the chat on the Chromebook so you don't have to read it off a tiny little screen.

camerafi (on a OnePlus 7t) works well enough to do a 1080p stream at 30fps and a decent bitrate, I have used it when my internet went down or when I was in hotels. Ofc doing this does have it's downsides, but it works well enough that I would recommend it as a stop gap if a new computer is needed and work needs to continue in the mean time.

another option would be to find a computer repair service or someone tech savi and pay them a small fee to install Linux for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.