AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ways to Exercise Hyper Dogs?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bocefish said:
Kudos on your caring, dedication and loyalty and wishing you all the best.

Sadly enough, far too many people consider 4 legged pets basically disposable when things get a little difficult.

:thumbleft: :handgestures-salute: :clap:

Thanks, Bocefish! To me, pets are just as much members of the family as people are. I wouldn't get rid of them for anything in the world, no matter how much they bounce off the walls or what sort of care they need. They're both rescues (I found the coonhound abandoned/nearly dead as a puppy, and the little guy was dumped at the animal shelter for 'getting too big',) and I believe that a big part of my responsibility as their owner is to ensure that they never end up in that sort of situation again, no matter what. They're stuck with me for life, lol! :)

Some of you guys had written about a doggie treadmill! So I taught my dog to use ours today! It was ... interesting!

I_Am_Iris said:
Some of you guys had written about a doggie treadmill! So I taught my dog to use ours today! It was ... interesting!

So precious! I think tank tried to jump forward toward us multiple times when we tried something similar. He's a jumper. :)

Have you tried making a flirt pole? It's essentially a giant version of a cat toy. Get 4 feet of 1/2 inch thick PVC, a length of bungee cord to feed through the tube, tie it off with a knot that can't slip through and then attach a skinned dog toy or Skinneez type fluff less dog toy and presto. You can even teach them an extended stay; make him sit and wait and watch you flit it around until you tell him GO!!

Have you tried the learn-to-earn protocol for obedience training? Making them work for their food throughout the day? You can practice a LOT of down-stay mad only reward for calm behavior, while still getting them lots of excersize

Backpacks are a great idea. Highly recommended.

Another option although probably way out of your price range: Google the Dog Scooter!

I'm a pet sitter, dog walker and dog trainer. PM me if you need specifics!!

Good luck!

Reactions: KayleePond
This is so cool! I can't wait until I can get it for my dog, he LOVES playing fetch so it will probably gives him hours and hours of entertainment. :-D

It's a bit expensive for a dog toy... $115. I found it on Amazon also if anyone is interested, otherwise you can buy it directly from them on their site.

KylieJacobs said:
This is so cool! I can't wait until I can get it for my dog, he LOVES playing fetch so it will probably gives him hours and hours of entertainment. :-D

It's a bit expensive for a dog toy... $115. I found it on Amazon also if anyone is interested, otherwise you can buy it directly from them on their site.

I did some more research last night. The ifetch says it's better for smaller dogs, and the balls are miniature tennis ball size. I first thought it was the standard size. Since I have a German Shepherd, it probably wouldn't work the best.

The GoDogGo is for larger dogs. :) Ah, I can sit outside this summer without tossing wet slobbery balls the entire time. ;)

Reactions: KayleePond
Try using valerian root extract.

I have used it for years to help hyper or nervous dogs chill out. Currently I have a rescued aussie Shepard who lives outside in the barns, and he goes berzerk over thunder. A good dose of this when rain looks like its on the way and the old fool sleeps right though the storm in his doghouse.

It works very well on most dogs. Ive used it on beagles, aussies, Jack Russel terrorists, scottys, and more mutts than I can remember.

Its excellent for transporting puppies who are fearful of travel or being in a crate. Most of the time I can use the stuff to calm them down and let the learn to enjoy riding in the car or truck.

I havent used it on hyper dogs but hey.... a downer is a downer. :lol:

Reactions: JickyJuly
Status
Not open for further replies.