AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wayward Pines

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilianaXO

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 10, 2013
Twitter Username
@LilianaXO
MFC Username
LilianaXO
Has anyone else seen the TV show or read the Trilogy?

The show was addictive and I just finished watching the season finale tonight!

I love this show so much! I haven't seen the season finale yet, but if they wreck it all with some stupid M. Night Shyama-lama-dingdong twist? I'm gonna be pissed.

From the very first episode, I loved the concept but was afraid that m. Night shyamalan was gonna take the reigns and add in a predictable twist. I basically assumed it was going to be "The Village", but with a post-apocalyptic setting. So far, so good though! Even the "abbies" aren't shown often enough to be cheesy...they're just kind of these creepy, threatening things. You're more scared by watching people react to them rather than looking at them, if that makes any sense. Idk, it's refreshing to have a good thriller/horror show in the mix. I've loved the pacing of the episodes so far, too!

Have you read the books, @LilianaXO ? I could use a fun/suspenseful read if they're any good!

After I heard about the show, I checked out the novelist's website and put a couple of his books on my Amazon list. Looks like he does a lot of really high-concept stuff. A friend of mine downloaded one of his non-Wayward Pines books and said it was mediocre, though.

Reactions: MaddyLuxx
@LilianaXO I WATCHED THE FINALE OMG. More Wayward Pines! Waiting for the next season does not jive with this whole "I love instant gratification" thing streaming channels are cultivating in me :arghh:

@gingerhobbit My ears pricked at "high-concept stuff" and now I want to read them even more :bag:. Although sometimes I wade too deep (House of Leaves still gives me nightmares and it's been at least a decade since I read it).

Word, birds: Imma read one and report back, eventually. In the meantime
WTF! Is Ben dreaming? Is the show just going to be Lord of the Flies now? I would "suspend" myself if the alternative was to live in a town run by 19-yos. Why didn't Ethan just drop the bomb into the elevator? Why did ben get knocked unconscious in such a stupid way? Why are empty carousels creepy?

Reactions: LilianaXO
I love this show so much! I haven't seen the season finale yet, but if they wreck it all with some stupid M. Night Shyama-lama-dingdong twist? I'm gonna be pissed.

From the very first episode, I loved the concept but was afraid that m. Night shyamalan was gonna take the reigns and add in a predictable twist. I basically assumed it was going to be "The Village", but with a post-apocalyptic setting. So far, so good though! Even the "abbies" aren't shown often enough to be cheesy...they're just kind of these creepy, threatening things. You're more scared by watching people react to them rather than looking at them, if that makes any sense. Idk, it's refreshing to have a good thriller/horror show in the mix. I've loved the pacing of the episodes so far, too!

Have you read the books, @LilianaXO ? I could use a fun/suspenseful read if they're any good!

Thought I was the only person in the world who referred to him as "Shyamalamadingdong". Lmao!

Anyway loved the series. There were a lot of people bitching about the finale but it made sense to me. Can't wait for the second season.

I need to get out more often, I swear I thought this was gonna be a post about a PGA tournament.

• Funny!
Reactions: venusdesuburbia
I haven't seen the series yet but I've read the first book in the Wayward Pines trilogy. It was a decent book. I started on the second book but it wasn't holding my attention and I got side tracked with another book (Swan Song). But I hear the show doesn't mirror the book, which is a good thing--maybe it's better that the book.

I came here thinking of "Gravity Falls." I'll see myself out. (But Wayward Pines sounds legit interesting and I am going to look it up and give it a shot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.