AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

We need an anime thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2014
Stuffed in a locker somewhere
Because the most I see on the first three pages is two threads for individual series. :lol:

Just getting into anime? Here's a recommendation chart:
http://images.wikia.com/animu-mango/ima ... 001066.jpg

Here's a list of anime by year/season over the last ~30 years, though a couple sections are missing:
http://imgur.com/a/WaeeM#0
Obviously, I haven't added anything beyond this past winter. For a list of series from that point on, go here (it goes all the way back to 95).

So what are your favourites?
What are you currently watching?
What do you plan on watching?

Here's my favourite series:
Pq5HXeR.jpg

OVAs:
PsqPQUo.jpg

Films:
HLUEjPc.jpg

Reactions: sleepybabu
Mind actually posting the names of your fave animes/movies, instead of the unclickable screenshots that don't offer any info? It's rather frustrating to see a picture of something that looks pretty cool and have no way to find it! :p

Some of my all-time faves/currently watching (in no particular order):
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Macross Frontier
Kachou wa Maid-Sama
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Inuyasha
Sword Art Online 1/2
Clannad & Clannad After-Story
FLCL
Fairy Tail
Death Note
Kuroshitsuji
Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
D. Gray Man
Soul Eater
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Ghost Hunt
Angel Beats!
Otome Yokai Zakuro
Sailor Moon/SM Crystal
Noragami
Junjou Romantia
Ai No Kusabi

...And lots more, but you get the basic gist. I don't stick to a particular genre; as long as it's not over-the-top gory, I'll watch it!

I've only been watching anime of a few years. But I love it! I'm a huge girl tho, my favorite is Fairy Tail lol. but I'm slowly getting through some different series on Netflix. Currently watching SAO.

Although I will say, if you like/are getting into anime, the podcast Anime Addicts Anonymous is pretty good. They have awesome reviews and always make me laugh. Especially their Hentai episodes! ^_^

Like gemma said even an anime enthusiast like myself has some trouble identifying all of your favorites purely based on pics. It's nice to see last exile on there since that is one of the series that got me into anime.

With anime i go up and down in terms of activity. When i watch it i marathon series after series, and now i'm not watching much. My last stint was when i watched cross game, and then went on a competitive anime binge with the prince of tennis, some seasons of major(kinda burned out on that one), etc.

Some of my favorites:
Welcome to the NHK
Kyou Kara Maou
Silver spoon
Itazura na Kiss
Sword art online
Kotoura-san
Hunter X Hunter (the 1999 version)

Oh and in terms of recommendations for those who find the link in the original post a bit intimidating i would point to this link

I get into kicks where I'll watch anime for a week straight and then not at all for a couple months, so I'm not watching anything right now nor do I plan to anytime soon, although checking those lists does make me want to! I recently went through one of those binges, and one of the shows I watched was Norgami, it was really good!

Otherwise, some favorites, not ordered.

Anime:
Yu Yu Hakusho
Slayers
Samurai Champloo
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Toward the Terra
Lovely Complex
Kimi ni Todoke
Howl's Moving Castle
Attack on Titan

Manga:
Hunter x Hunter
Junji Ito horror shorts
Wish
Level E
Pokemon Special

So what are your favourites?
It's really hard for me to choose but uhh..
Redline (action, aliens, space cars and racing)
Shin Sekai Yori (about a town with a lot of mysteries being unveiled; mystery)
Higurashi no Naka no Koro ni (mystery)
Psycho Pass (psychological, philosophical, now on Netflix)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (action, comedy, drama, about growing up).
GEKKAN SHOUJO NOZOMI KUN (It's everything I can hope for in a comedy that is also a parody of general shoujo)
Sunred (for tokusatsu fans)
Gintama (the author is a genius, but the first 10 episodes are awful. Please don't eat while watching Gintama, I nearly died a few times).
Tales from the Earth Sea (Studio Ghilbi but no Miyazaki).
Mononoke Hime

Air (pretty much anything by Visual Arts Key; prepare for tears and unhappy endings)
Clannad (There is a game version with Tomoyo/Tomoya and will also make you cry)
Kanon
Angel Beats
They all have game versions, except for Angel Beats, I think. Unless that changed.

Fate Zero (you should play the game before watching this though... and pretty much all TYPE MOON games are fantastic.)
Kara no Kyoukai (based off a TYPE MOON novel, but sort of ties into their universe, but not really)

What are you currently watching?
GEKKAN SHOUJO NOZOMI KUN
Terraforms (only because there's a hype train. Apparently the manga is even more popular than Shingeki no Kyojin; first ep looked really good and animation is really nice.)
Space Dandy

What do you plan on watching?
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure season 3 (when the final cool ends).
Free! Eternal Summer (because I'm trash).
FATE/STAY NIGHT REBOOT!!!!!! Soon...
Psycho Pass 2 (soon..)

Reading:
GEKKAN SHOUJO NOZOMI KUN
Tokyo Ghoul (I'm only on ch 60, and meh so far).
Jump big 3... because I've already invested over a decade. |: Can't say much about the quality though.

Recommended reading:
Anything by Jun Ito if you like horror.

I have watched/read a lot though. Preference is to read though. I just can't remember everything right now~

Oh, shit. Totally got distracted and forgot to add names with those images. Sorry!

I can't find the post edit button though to fix the OP. Does this board not have one or am I blind?

First pic is:
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode (Birdy the Mighty Decode), Last Exile, Michiko & Hatchin, Speed Grapher.

Second is:
Karas, Mezzo Forte, FLCL, Diebuster

Third:
Paprika, Ghost in the Shell, Redline, Tekkon Kinkreet

I put together a playlist of trailers to make up for forgetting to put the titles in the OP :lol:

goat-tit said:
Oh, shit. Totally got distracted and forgot to add names with those images. Sorry!

I can't find the post edit button though to fix the OP. Does this board not have one or am I blind?

First pic is:
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode (Birdy the Mighty Decode), Last Exile, Michiko & Hatchin, Speed Grapher.

Second is:
Karas, Mezzo Forte, FLCL, Diebuster

Third:
Paprika, Ghost in the Shell, Redline, Tekkon Kinkreet

I put together a playlist of trailers to make up for forgetting to put the titles in the OP :lol:

I hadn't heard of Michiko & Hatchin, but definitely want to see it, looks epic! Thanks for taking the time to put that playlist together, you're awesome. :-D

Reactions: hapa74
I haven't watched too much in the grand scheme of things as an adult, but I'm gonna be checking out some things off these lists for sure!

I've gone through: Sword Art Online 1/2, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo - and enjoyed all of them greatly!

Sailor Moon and DragonballZ as a kid...and Monster Rancher...and Medabots. :p

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I'm just going to throw a few of my faves out there off the top of my head:

• Trigun
    Gasaraki
    Fushigi Yugi
    Macross Plus
    Gundam: The 08th MS Team
    Turn A Gundam
    Gundam Wing
    Cowboy Bebop
    Pretty much any Studio Ghibli production

I'm a pretty huge Gundam fiend I used to watch it and build the plastic Gundam model kits (I just don't have the time anymore). I have to also add that I really enjoyed the "Supernatural Anime" series put out by MadHouse. It wasn't the greatest, but it combined one of my favorite shows with anime so I have a real soft spot for it :)

Saw this on Imgur today. "Most promising anime of 2015"

Honestly the past few years of anime have been nothing but lazy stories, likely due to the whole industry being rather discouraged because of high budgets and studios only being signed on for one season (12eps) of story. For a while the trend of "moe" was popular, aka “dull girls doing cute things according to a predetermined and unchanging character archetype” because it was inexpensive and the story was bland enough to fit in 12 25min segments. There was little to no story or character building, just a group of high school girls doing things to make the audience go "awwww".

Now it looks like we're taking a step back to the early 2000s where story mattered more than aesthetic appeal and I welcome this change (or reversion, whatever). Personally everything on that list looks appealing, save for HS DxD 2 and "AoT with vampires" because I hate AoT and hate all vampires outside of V:tM >,> . I'm on the fence about Yuri Kuma and AssClass purely because I don't trust shows with a full cast of young kids but we'll see. Madoka was full of crying little girls but it was amazing regardless.

And one that managed to not make the list somehow (likely because there's little info on this series since its slated for Spring)... for anyone who remembers it from 10+ years ago, Digimon is being revived! Well, technically it never ended but it was dead after season 3 for the most part. Anyway!

FyvVAdu.jpg

I'm not a fan of the school uniforms, but I can't wait to see how this turns out and I hope they end up rebooting s3 as well!

I haven't watched many anime shows. Though I'm thinking of giving Bleach or Naruto a try.

The only ones I can think of are:

Pokémon
Dragon Ball Z
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Digimon

The most "anime" I think I've watched is Gantz and Highschool of the Dead.

Reactions: emma_skye12
I'm currently watching Samurai Champloo. Again. But the last time I was really into anime was at least fifteen years ago. I'm trying to get back into it. Been looking up the old stuff I used to like and adding some shows to my Netflix queue.

I JUST got into Anime! I'm following the things my husband and friend are showing me for now.

They started me on Fooly Cooly, and never let me watch an episode while not high out of my mind. That was....interesting. I have no idea what I actually had just seen..

Then I watched some of Hetalia also while high.

Lux actually had me watch some of Mudoka Magica. She also stopped watching it with me as soon as I feel in love with it.

I wanted to be introduced to good ecchi and watched the first season of Freezing. During the fan service episode, I realized I was definitely going to enjoy my new fap material for awhile. :oops:

And the one I JUST got caught up was actually a Netflix Original anime called Knights of Sedonia. That one was what I wish I'd been introduced to in the first place! It was totally made to binge watch. Good job, Netflix. I can't WAIT until the next season comes out in a few months!

Here's a list of some of my favorites:

FairyTail
No Game No Life
Soul Eater
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Death Parade
World God Only Knows
Ao no Exorcist
XXXHolic
Detective Conan
Full Metal Panic
HunterXHunter
Ganz
Cowboy Bebop
Deathnote
Trigun
One Piece
Aiki

Parasyte Maxim is blowing my mind right now. *__* It's one of the most well told, bizarre and original anime I've watched in a while. The animation style is a little unusual, but incredible when you get used to it.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/parasyte-the-maxim-

Attachments

• parasyte screenshot.png
    parasyte screenshot.png
    755 KB · Views: 197
  • parasyte nomnomnom.png
    parasyte nomnomnom.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 196
  • parastye title screen.jpg
    parastye title screen.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 196
Alice_Biscuit said:
Parasyte Maxim is blowing my mind right now. *__* It's one of the most well told, bizarre and original anime I've watched in a while. The animation style is a little unusual, but incredible when you get used to it.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/parasyte-the-maxim-

And here I thought I had nothing to watch while working on video editing ^.^

Thanks Alice!

Reactions: Alice_Biscuit
I watched the first two episodes of Cowboy Bebop today. I was told to hold my opinion though, because it apparently gets amazing. lol

Violet October said:
I watched the first two episodes of Cowboy Bebop today. I was told to hold my opinion though, because it apparently gets amazing. lol

Also, you might want to note (since you're more new to anime) several including Cowboy Bebop have completely different Manga than Anime. Both are good for Bebop, but some aren't lol.

Reactions: Violet October
zippypinhead said:
I'm currently watching Samurai Champloo. Again. But the last time I was really into anime was at least fifteen years ago. I'm trying to get back into it. Been looking up the old stuff I used to like and adding some shows to my Netflix queue.

In my opinion (and the same seems to be true for a lot of older anime fans) anime has gone downhill, likely due to a lot of problems within the industry like high budgets vs low profits, things only being signed on for 12 eps, or bad adaptions of VNs and manga (because established franchise = more exposure which = more money). Not to discourage you from getting back into it, just don't expect quality to have gone up or even stayed as-is over the years. :(

Bebop is one of the most amazing shows out there. The fact that there are people who hate anime but love this show is a huge testament to how well written and directed it is. The soundtrack by Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts is pretty great too.

I JUST got into Anime! I'm following the things my husband and friend are showing me for now.

They started me on Fooly Cooly, and never let me watch an episode while not high out of my mind. That was....interesting. I have no idea what I actually had just seen..

Then I watched some of Hetalia also while high.

Lux actually had me watch some of Mudoka Magica. She also stopped watching it with me as soon as I feel in love with it.

I wanted to be introduced to good ecchi and watched the first season of Freezing. During the fan service episode, I realized I was definitely going to enjoy my new fap material for awhile. :oops:

There's a lot of series that have that "I need to be high to tolerate this" feel. Gainax has another series called Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi that's even worse (in a good sense) than FLCL.

Fortunately Madoka only has 12 episodes so it's easier to marathon than some of those 50ep series. It's great for such a short episode list.

As for ecchi, Ikki Tousen is probably one of the most well known series but the manga is superior to the anime, and don't even bother with the shite first season, Dragon Destiny is probably the best. Ikki Tousen is closely followed by High School DxD and Queen's Blade. I enjoyed the latter more though, but that's likely because of the fantasy setting and non-uniform character designs.

Love Hina is a classic harem though the ecchi isn't quite as blatant as what we see these days.

Asobi Ni Iku Yo (I don't like to acknowledge the dub title Cat Planet Cuties) is another great one with cat alien cat girls.

DearS is another alien one, but I've only read the manga.

Sora no Otoshimono/Heaven's Lost property is the funniest one I've seen.

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue wasn't that well written but I enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure because I liked the concept of a world that's almost entirely water.

Gravion and Gravion Zwei are titties in space

And honourable mention for Najica and Eiken because there's so many panty shots in Najica if you made a drinking game out of it you could kill a bear, and Eiken's boobs are like the size of trucks.

I haven't watched many anime shows. Though I'm thinking of giving Bleach or Naruto a try.

The only ones I can think of are:

Pokémon
Dragon Ball Z
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Digimon

The most "anime" I think I've watched is Gantz and Highschool of the Dead.
Oh dear, you're free to give Naruto and Bleach a shot but they're reeeeeeeally long and heavily over-rated. Not worth the time it'd take to watch it all imo.

I could try to list all the series I'd personally recommend, but these charts would take less time. Some of these are huge so I'm just going to link them.

Assorted anime list
Comments:
Do not watch Outlaw Star dubbed. Aisha's English voice is like nails on a chalkboard.
Nana starts off very, very slow with a lot of recap, Clannad is also terribly slow. I couldn't stand either of them but they're popular so maybe they pick up.
Elfen Lied tries way too hard to be edgy. It's a huge hit or miss depending on who you talk to.
Cardcaptor Sakura was one of the anime picked up for children's tv by 4kids. They're known for absolutely butchering series with oversensetivity and murdering the Japanese language with mispronunciations. Avoid the dub at all cost.

Categorized anime list
Comments:
Excel Saga also suffers from "obscenely obnoxious dub VA". Go for the sub.
"Moe" is absolute cancer, but since people who are new to anime likely don't know what it means, it's basically just cute high school girls doing cute things. There's no action, hardly any story, it's basically just internet cat videos but replace cats with anime schoolgirls.
I would also add Nichijou to the comedy section. It's another school comedy like Azumanga, but funnier and more stylized and quality animation.
Also, Speed Grapher deserves mention. Probably throw that one in either drama or psychological.

Movies
Comments:
Nothing specific, but anime movies usually blow tv anime out of the water due to a much higher budget. I assume this chart is old, as I'd definitely add Redline to it.

Mecha series
Comments:
None, really. This chart is specifically for mecha (giant robot) series.

Series that excel in... (pt1)
Series that excel in... (pt2)
Comments:
A very specific list of series, OVAs, manga, and movies that are probably the best in their category at the time these charts were made. A lot of these are repeats but categorized by a trait rather than genre which will hopefully help you narrow down what to watch (or read if you're interested in manga too)

Reactions: zippypinhead
List of animes I've enjoyed over the years :]
Stars next to the ones that are my absolute favorites

Cardcaptors Sakura
Sailor Moon
Dragonball Z
Ranma 1/2
Fruit Basket
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Metropolis *
My Neighbor Totoro
Death Note *
Elfen Lied *
Nana
Strawberry Panic!
Marmalade Boy

One I really want to see is Tokyo Ghoul. The artwork alone is just ahhhhhh :h:

Watched the 1st ep of "Assassination Classroom" today... thought it was p good!

I had no idea what to expect going into it so I was just kind of like thrown back by the whole concept, haha. It's silly and weird and kinda creepy sometimes but, like, pretty interesting concept-wise, and I really like the art style! Those bold lines!♥ Definitely gonna give the second episode a chance!

candymatic said:
Watched the 1st ep of "Assassination Classroom" today... thought it was p good!

I had no idea what to expect going into it so I was just kind of like thrown back by the whole concept, haha. It's silly and weird and kinda creepy sometimes but, like, pretty interesting concept-wise, and I really like the art style! Those bold lines!♥ Definitely gonna give the second episode a chance!

I forgot that one! I've been watching it too (maybe 5 episodes in...) It's a hilarious anime, and I love the concept. I just can't stop thinking how the teacher looks like he has butts, legs and cartoony shoes, on his tentacles. :lol:

oXGK7rN.jpg

zippypinhead said:
Why does the end credit music for anime shows always seem to be weird sappy love songs that never have any connection to the show itself?

Yeah, there are very few anime where I go out of my way to listen to the music. XD

zippypinhead said:
Why does the end credit music for anime shows always seem to be weird sappy love songs that never have any connection to the show itself?

I think there is one anime on air right now in which the sappy ending theme matches with what is going on with the story and that is the Parasyte The Maxim ending.

So much has happened in Izumi's life that I feel like seeing that ending with that theme is sort of seeing a character that is actually dead.

I have no ideia what the singer is actually saying though... :lol:

I'm not really the type who too often sits and binge-watches things, but I just finished Attack on Titan in a weekend, and...

HO!

LEE!

CRAP!

It's hard to judge just what anime out there is deserving of the hype it gets, since anime fans seem to be some of the most loyal boosters of whatever is their favorites, so I didn't really know going in if Attack on Titan would live up to all the chatter. Man, it did, and then some! I don't care about spoilers, so whenever a question pops into my head while watching something, I usually just look it up. Usually just a few episodes into anything, I have already read the synopsis of the entire show, and I did just that with AoT, too. And even though I knew all of the major plot twists, it still hit me with, "LOLOMGWTFBBQ! I didn't see that coming!" moments all the time. It was masterful! And the emotional content was so impressive! They really hit the feeling and made it so believable that humanity is nearly extinct, and is fighting for its very survival, and every loss counts. It's probably the best execution of that trope I have ever ever seen.

And giant monsters and flying swordsmen?

How can you go wrong with that?

So, so good. I just had to geek out about it for a second.

Attachments

• snk-levi.gif
    snk-levi.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.