AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird error in some rooms at times

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2012
I have experienced this weird error, and I'm not sure if it's something wrong on my side, or the models side.

So the video player will kind of "change" what it is, when it does this, the video gets laggy and no sound comes through, the indication for when this happens is that the Volume, Quality and Fullscreen also changes to this:

1689720218452.png

where it would normally look like this:

1689720533210.png

Is anyone else experiencing this, or HAVE experienced it and found a work around, either as a user or a model?

Its regular issue on cb. I see you posted 32 minutes ago. Something around that time I had many errors : error refreshing users list, error loading apps, error seeing contest stas and when i open page from another window, was SOMETHING WENT WRONG , error 505, and site loaded after refreshing. So yea, we have anothr day full of issues and is definitely not at your end. Im visiting rooms sometimes and what u describing is happening from time to time

Reactions: Wuggie
Upvote 0
yea I also saw some of all these errors, but only for models in specific regions, I wonder if it's a problem with some connection points maybe...

Thank you for the reply @BlackWizard :) Always nice to know you're not alone when these weird things happen.. or well, actually then I would have been able to fix it if it was a me issue, but yea.

Upvote 0
yea I also saw some of all these errors, but only for models in specific regions, I wonder if it's a problem with some connection points maybe...

Thank you for the reply @BlackWizard :) Always nice to know you're not alone when these weird things happen.. or well, actually then I would have been able to fix it if it was a me issue, but yea.
I always assume it's a Chaturbate issue when it's video/sound related. That's just 10 years of experience on the site. They're never not playing in the sandbox reinventing the wheel that nobody asked for instead of giving us the stuff we actually asked for (I'm dripping in sarcasm here but that's how it feels sometimes). They seem to pick the magic hour of 2 PM PST to run these tests on the live site.

And could also just be that everyone on the East Coast of the US and European countries logged in at the same time around that time. Push through and try not to refresh too many times if you're a fan club member. Most models show user entry on that and it looks like you got stuck in a revolving door (which you did but most people assume it's the models metrics that are fucked up, not the network).

Upvote 0
...Push through and try not to refresh too many times if you're a fan club member. Most models show user entry on that and it looks like you got stuck in a revolving door (which you did but most people assume it's the models metrics that are fucked up, not the network).
This is exactly why I asked here instead of trying to clear cache and refresh a bunch of times :))) Because I know it would spam the chat like crazy

Upvote 0
This is exactly why I asked here instead of trying to clear cache and refresh a bunch of times :))) Because I know it would spam the chat like crazy
Forward thinking. I like that. I'm always forward thinking and I admit my patience gets a little thin when people don't do the same. But that comes from being mostly underpaid for my entire life and having to figure out if every move I made was going to screw me over in the end. Annnnnnyway....I did remember that around 2 PM Eastern today I had trouble posting on another forum and got an internal server error. Might be coincidence or might be an AWS issue.

Upvote 0

I think is in some locations . I live in Poland so i always was connecting to Warsaw server in OBS and never was problem. From week i see once in few mins lag to 0 in fps -other server ,for example Frankfurt works perfect. I also noticed in the past some issues with Amsterdam server, was my fav , so i changed to Alblasserdam (shortcut NLD), and now when i try to connect to NLD, it connecting me to RTM - no idea whats this . I dont know if is somethng to do with site issues but in my opinion they combinate sometjing with servers, so they are overloaded

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
I think is in some locations . I live in Poland so i always was connecting to Warsaw server in OBS and never was problem. From week i see once in few mins lag to 0 in fps -other server ,for example Frankfurt works perfect. I also noticed in the past some issues with Amsterdam server, was my fav , so i changed to Alblasserdam (shortcut NLD), and now when i try to connect to NLD, it connecting me to RTM - no idea whats this . I dont know if is somethng to do with site issues but in my opinion they combinate sometjing with servers, so they are overloaded
Do you ever try the global server?

Upvote 0
When you see that "theatre mode" screen all you need to do is click on the audio button on the video player. That refreshes just the video player and does not refresh the room.

That always fixes things with the video

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
When you see that "theatre mode" screen all you need to do is click on the audio button on the video player. That refreshes just the video player and does not refresh the room.

That always fixes things with the video

I was jut about to post this, you beat me to it. But sadly yeah, it will happen very randomly in rooms.
Recently a model with perfect stream usually, and this kept happening to her for a few hours, and not just to 1 person, it was happening with multiple people. She changed servers, turned things off, etc to try to see if anything would help but it kept doing it. While it was happening to her,she asked us to test a few other rooms to see if it was happening to them, but for me, it wasn't. But I have experienced it a lot in other rooms and random times, models not making any changes in settings, etc

It can be extremely frustrating. I can remember one model that it happened to for about 3 weeks for me, but for most other people it worked fine. It's sadly one of those things we just accept as "yet another CB issue" and they always blame it on everyone else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.