AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird room count?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkinboutit

Cam Model
Aug 22, 2019
I came back from the loo and my room count jumped from 57 tp 255 like, immediately. Then it gradually dropped down to 60-70 range.
Whats going on? Bot tests?

Reactions: Diana_Devil
I came back from the loo and my room count jumped from 57 tp 255 like, immediately. Then it gradually dropped down to 60-70 range.
Whats going on? Bot tests?

This can be . or also can be that someone promoted your room because it consider being good enough for the afilliate trafic or some of your regulars paid traffic for your room to make you more visible. Either way thats good , you do not have anything to loose.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lilita
Upvote 0
This can be . or also can be that someone promoted your room because it consider being good enough for the afilliate trafic or some of your regulars paid traffic for your room to make you more visible. Either way thats good , you do not have anything to loose.

Weird! Admittedly I don't know much about how the affiliates and traffic boosts work on CB.
It happened again about 30 mins later, a FAST spike and then declined to normal levels after about 10 mins. I wasn't even doing a show yet :confused:

Reactions: Lilita
Upvote 0
It’s been happening to me for about a week. Room count jumps every 30-45 minutes

Upvote 0
As far as I know cb does not "send" accounts or viewers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but affiliates will more likely feature one of the top 5 rooms and not a random room from somewhere on cb.

Upvote 0
Looks like a mix- anon, grays, and colored names! It only lasts for a min or two though. I haven’t tried interacting with them though, I’ve usually been in a pretty active show when it happens. my room stays a leeeeetle higher after the boost but that could be from a resulting page bump.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Upvote 0
If you find the boost unnatural, write down some user names, make a screenshot if possible and send it to cb support.

Upvote 0
Registered fake accounts that enter and stay in rooms to manipulate the viewer number (and the cb room ranking). They are controlled through a software and send to cb rooms. Same principle as fake views of YouTube videos to make them look more popular than they are to attract real viewers.

Upvote 0
i see, well whats the point of someone else than the model doing it... also looked on some users, they kinda looked legit, bio filled, followers... also if reporting to cb, wouldnt they suspect model is trying to manipulate room numbers? lol they arent always smart on putting things togheter.

Upvote 0
I saw some today and yesterday a mix of multiple colors, dark purple, pink, blue, light blue, they entered all at the same time and all left at the same time. It happened in 3 different rooms I was watching and based on the duration i'm guessing they just wanted to test how much of a difference it made in the models position.

Upvote 0
i see, well whats the point of someone else than the model doing it... also looked on some users, they kinda looked legit, bio filled, followers... also if reporting to cb, wouldnt they suspect model is trying to manipulate room numbers? lol they arent always smart on putting things togheter.

CB support will definitely be smart enough to see that you didn't order these potential viewbots if you report them. No broadcaster knowingly using viewbots would report suspicious accounts to cb.

I don't know the exact interval that cb calculates the room position but they were probably in your room for pretty much that interval, which could be a minute or even 30 seconds.

The point of the viewbots is to "lift" a room to the front page or close to it. Makes no sense to use viewbots to put a room on page six.

Reactions: Olive
Upvote 0
I saw some today and yesterday a mix of multiple colors, dark purple, pink, blue, light blue, they entered all at the same time and all left at the same time. It happened in 3 different rooms I was watching and based on the duration i'm guessing they just wanted to test how much of a difference it made in the models position.

This happened to me yesterday too - went from 50-60 to well over 100 for about a minute and then back down to 50-60 again in a flash, it was instant and weird AF. This happened about 3 times... My mod actually pointed it out as I have started hiding my room count when streaming so I don't get discouraged, but I did see it with my own eyes too after he drew my attention to it. I sure miss having the 200-300 I was having in May....

Upvote 0
Sure, I’ll jump in to add to this thread too. 😊 But I noticed the same thing last week. It has happened during most of my streams since. Once when I had only been on for about 10 minutes, then the other times ranging from after being on for 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. Sometimes the decline happens as quickly as they arrived & other times it’s a slower decrease. I only realize it’s happening because I have my setting of “show users joining room” turned on, because I always like to greet everyone. But these names (colored) flood in so fast it takes more than a page of my chat & I can’t keep up with them all to even try to say “hello”.

Upvote 0
It's been happening to me too and I'm not even about to complain about the page bump but my viewers tend to love the fact it's a small viewership and more intimate so it works against me in their eyes, in mine I'm like fuck yes some new eyes! Regardless if it's fake traffic or CB trying something new, a real user is bound to see it and perhaps engage. I've had a new person come in and say they've bounced in and out of my room after the spike and liked what they saw. I'm not their main attraction but I still have $5 more dollars than I did before that happened.

Upvote 0
You should always feel free to report to support@chaturbate.com any suspicious activity in your room, and we will investigate. It’s hard to say from the descriptions here what exactly is going on in each case. It could be someone testing bot traffic (which is a violation of the CB terms of service), or it could be the result of a banner ad on a high-traffic website directing clicks to your room at that particular time.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
You should always feel free to report to support@chaturbate.com any suspicious activity in your room, and we will investigate. It’s hard to say from the descriptions here what exactly is going on in each case. It could be someone testing bot traffic (which is a violation of the CB terms of service), or it could be the result of a banner ad on a high-traffic website directing clicks to your room at that particular time.

Thanks for responding! One follow up question -- is there a way for someone to defend themselves against false accusations of bot traffic? Or, I suppose, for CB Support to verify it was traffic from ad placement?

Upvote 0
I have a question about DivaTraffic. When I first started using CB I noticed it advertised on the bottom of the page so I signed up. and stupidly spent a lot of money on it. I noticed it felt more and more I was getting penalized for using it when I would try organic traffic days (I would do this every other day) even though it is advertised on the bottom of the page..... Once I noticed this and realized the traffic was trash anyway and wasn't converting for me I stopped using it. With all of the talk about traffic bots I am just curious what the stance actually is on DivaTraffic....

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding! One follow up question -- is there a way for someone to defend themselves against false accusations of bot traffic? Or, I suppose, for CB Support to verify it was traffic from ad placement?

We would fully investigate any accusation that someone was attempting to boost their room rank with bot traffic. It’s fairly easy on the back end to see if that’s really the case when looking at a specific account at a particular period of time. The best defense to someone falsely accusing you would be to bring any fishy traffic patterns to our attention by emailing support@chaturbate.com when you see them. Let us know the time, date, and room name, and we can take a look to see what’s really going on.

Upvote 0
I have a question about DivaTraffic. When I first started using CB I noticed it advertised on the bottom of the page so I signed up. and stupidly spent a lot of money on it. I noticed it felt more and more I was getting penalized for using it when I would try organic traffic days (I would do this every other day) even though it is advertised on the bottom of the page..... Once I noticed this and realized the traffic was trash anyway and wasn't converting for me I stopped using it. With all of the talk about traffic bots I am just curious what the stance actually is on DivaTraffic....
DivaTraffic uses traffic from PPC networks, which means that it’s real people (not bots). There is nothing at all wrong with using PPC traffic to gain viewers for your room.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.