AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird Science

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red7227

Banhammered
Oct 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia
You know all those weird facts you come across that just defy common sense but happen anyway. This is the place for them.

Slinky fact.
No matter how long a slinky is, if it is dropped the bottom will not move until the top has caught up with it.

tumblr_lzgndmn01x1r5fqqfo1_400.gif

OK this is ridiculous. A paper microscope with 2,000 magnification.

Stanford University bioengineer Manu Prakash has developed a microscope made of paper that costs 50 cents to make. Using the magic of origami, the Foldscope device can focus through a sample mounted on a standard slide in micron-length steps. It can magnify objects 2,000 times with sub-micron resolution without needing any external power.

tumblr_n28pyscdQU1rwn6y8o4_r1_500.gif

http://txchnologist.com/post/7925677765 ... scope-that

Blue schist is my favourite rock. It is a metamorphic rock that only forms under mountains basically. Its similar to Garnet that way.

Particularly mountains where there is basalt and other basalt like rocks being put to serious heat and pressure. The lithosphere under mountains is pushed well into the mantle sometimes because of the crushing weight of the mountain on top of it. Or more commonly Blueschist is found in subduction zones around the world where there is oceanic basalt crust running into the mantle and catching on the continental crust above it.

Why I like it: This shit gets formed in tectonic plate crashing zones. How do we ever see it!? The short answer is that we don't actually know how it gets to the surface for us to marvel over it. That's part of the magic. We know it is more than simple uplift, and the only answers point that it may become displaced relative to other material around it... how? We may never know.

The result is stuff like this.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 174
  • blueschst1-1225.jpg
    blueschst1-1225.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 174

Have always loved the Darwin Awards.

Makes you think about the role of camming in human evolution.... the most undesirable of us men, such as myself, no longer feel the urge to chase women who will never have us. Women can feel free to select more suitable partners in our various societies, therefore improving the gene pool. :geek:

More like Tech meets nature. But I thought it would fit in this thread. It's kind of cool.

Man, this movie was awesome! I loved it as a kid and Kelly LeBrock was such a babe.

Oh, you're not talking about the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.