AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are some changes you'd like to see implemented on MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceline

Cam Model
Aug 11, 2017
Myfreecams has already been making a ton of changes within the site this year, what with upping the prizes for top 1000, offering daily payouts and even changing the default of the home page to previews instead of avatars. I was wondering, what are some other changes that you'd like to see? Both from the model's side and member's side.

I've seen stuff on Twitter about having ticket/invite only shows, only allowing basics/guests to view cams for a max of 15 minutes, revoking lounge access to premiums after a year of no token purchases to even abolishing the camscore system.

I know there is no official thing to this, but, I would like to be able to hide models on a bigger scale than I already do as I would like a more compact view of bookmarked models, friends and models I might have a tip connection with in the future (it might take a while, but sometimes it takes a while for me to get the courage to talk and tip in rooms). I know it sounds mean to want to hide models, but, there are waaaaaayyyyyyyy toooo many models and for a while I would take some time and tried 'hiding' models I knew I would never tip (for whatever reason) and after a while it seemed I reached a limit and I had to go in to 'personal options' and then go to 'hidden models' and then go to 'sort by most recently logged in' and then delete the page of all the models from a few months ago.

I did think it was infinite when I initially started hiding models but some kept popping up. So, I could get the MFC start page down to maybe 100 models after I figured it all out. Haven't done it in a while after getting it down to 100 and right now it it is at 629 models online with me hiding 6,237 models. I don't know, I guess some models that might not be at the top of the page interest me as a tipper.

I think finding models you might connect with is hard, especially after they lose the 'new' tag which I never really have the foresight to keep up with. One of my favorites I found ended up in the lower end of the board after not really knowing the site and i was lucky to find her.

Also, hiding them is tough as you have to point and click a couple of times with the mouse (hit the 'menu' and then click the 'hide model'. That can take some time as there are so many models. I think most guys don't even think about it and just view the top of the page. It would be nice if hiding models was easier (as bad as it sounds)...maybe like a hover over a avatar and hit a keyword?

Again, I sound really horrible and I know that, but, dammmmmmnnnnnn there are so many models on MFC.

It doesn't sound bad at all. I don't like seeing all the models shown on my screen either. So, here's what I do:

Model friends: Those I visit, chat with, or interact with on a fairly regular basis. This is about ten models I've gotten to know over the years.

Bookmarks: These are models I've chatted with a handful of times, or not much anymore just because of various reasons. Also, if it is one I am unsure of, I'll add her to this list temprarily.

On the filter page, I only have it show "Friends/Bookmarks". This way, it's only those that I have interacted with in some fashion. At most, I've only ever had 5-6 on simultaneously. usually, it's only 1-2. If no models I know are on (very rare), I may set it back to "All Models" and browse a little to see if a model catches my eye that might seem interesting.

Also, I have my PM settings to only allow from friends, bookmarks. This keeps the unwanted PM's from models I don't know, don't want to talk to, or from other members from bothering me. So, if I go into a new model's room, I'll add her to the bookmark group so she can PM me if she decides. Some models have PM'd me after I greet/tip them, so I turn it on. If nothing comes of it, and I decide to not come back. I exit room and remove her from the bookmark list.

Kind of a bit of management and may sound confusing. But, it's actually pretty easy to do.

Though, I'd like the ability to be online in "invisible mode" or if I block a user(s) they not be able to see me at all.

Upvote 0
One of my biggest gripes is that there is no real site reward for longevity and big spending. The reward points are basically a joke. The biggest reward is a 10k Lounge? Who really cares? I would like some decent incentive for reaching 30k reward points, 50k points, and definitely 100k points. I mean dudes who have gone over 100k (I'll never get there) reward points have spent a TON of money. They should receive 5000 free tokens just for their loyalty.

A good reward would be a concise archive of tokens spent that includes a TOTAL amount of tokens spent for EACH MODEL by NAME. The way it is now, you can only see individual tokens spent for each individual day. There are no Totals added up for you. If you have been on the site for 3 years or more, there is NO WAY that you will go back to each individual day and add up all of your tips for a particular model. If models can have a "Total Tokens Tipped To Me" box for each member, then a high reward premium should be able to have a "Total Tokens Spent on This Model" box for each model.

You can see it based on monthly spending, per year as it is. But, not broken down by model, etc. Doubtful they would do it, otherwise some people might freak out abot how much they've tipped.

Though, I would like to see a little different rewards system for frequent and long tenured members. the point system is kind of meaningless.

Reactions: Gen
Upvote 0
Oh and give models access to the videos made of their private sessions! We members have access to our private sessions. Models should have too (in my opinion).

Of them, or of the members? I'm not sure some models would like to keep videos of the members. :yuck:

Upvote 0
Of the models themselves of course. I mean... shouldn't be too hard to code that in.. right?
Haha, no it shouldn't be. But, the question comes up both regular and true privates? Because there is the exclusivity of the True Privates

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kitty_Blue
Upvote 0
I thought that was kind of ho camscore worked? As if you sell a lot of videos, or get offline tips, it counts towards your score and boosts you higher compared to those who are online and don't get tipped much? I've kind of thought it was a bell curve style of ranking...

As to what I'd like to see:

1) Adjustable group/pvt rates. If a model wants to charge more, or less, she can. A little more freedom for her to operate as she wants.
2) Invisible mode, and a step further, list of users who can see you online
3) "Do Not Disturb" option. Good for models and members who want to set it, and can't be PM'd during that time. Again, with user list of who might have ability to bypass it
4) Higher storage limits on tokens. They can keep the purchase limits they have. But, I would think they'd encourage "banking" of tokens and a higher limits of storage than they have. Tokens unspent is money in MFC's pocket as they don't need to transfer it to a model. And, who care how many tokens a member has in thier bank? I

There's other things. But, can't think of them at the moment.

What's the token storage limit for members? I hadn't heard of that yet! It does seem silly but I guess if a member dropped too much at once MFC might not have the available funds to pay the model if the tokens were stored for a while.

Upvote 0
What's the token storage limit for members? I hadn't heard of that yet! It does seem silly but I guess if a member dropped too much at once MFC might not have the available funds to pay the model if the tokens were stored for a while.

I don't recall what they are as I'm not online. But it's like 654,000 or something like that. Seriously doubt MFC would have issues paying out a model, or models, whatever may come from there.

Reactions: caireen
Upvote 0
Oh and give models access to the videos made of their private sessions! We members have access to our private sessions. Models should have too (in my opinion).

I agree. ImLive even has a feature where we can record our live private sessions, save them to our profile, and I think even get paid a little something when members view it. I’m not on there much anymore, but I think they still have it.

Upvote 0
I'd like the ability to be online in "invisible mode" or if I block a user(s) they not be able to see me at all.
I cannot second this idea enough! I don’t understand why I would still be visible to a user I have on my blocked list? If a person is blocked they should not be able to see me, PM me, otherwise harass me while on-line.

Also, is there a reason/use for Members to have a rating? As I somehow angered 12 people enough for me to currently have a 1 and a half star rating. So, if there is no use for this rating system why have it?

Upvote 0
I cannot second this idea enough! I don’t understand why I would still be visible to a user I have on my blocked list? If a person is blocked they should not be able to see me, PM me, otherwise harass me while on-line.

Also, is there a reason/use for Members to have a rating? As I somehow angered 12 people enough for me to currently have a 1 and a half star rating. So, if there is no use for this rating system why have it?
I wonder if the reason for member ratings is that they didn't code in differences between members and models. Just lumped all accounts together. Should be an easy fix.

Something I just thought of, and haven't fully investigated is profiles. Haven't found a way to delete a profile. Just delete content and make it private. Seems kind of stupid.

Reactions: Useful-Title
Upvote 0
Myfreecams has already been making a ton of changes within the site this year, what with upping the prizes for top 1000, offering daily payouts and even changing the default of the home page to previews instead of avatars. I was wondering, what are some other changes that you'd like to see? Both from the model's side and member's side.

I've seen stuff on Twitter about having ticket/invite only shows, only allowing basics/guests to view cams for a max of 15 minutes, revoking lounge access to premiums after a year of no token purchases to even abolishing the camscore system.

I know many members complain about how shitty the mobile site is. I had a few who couldn't tip because they were on their phones.

Better stream quality like Chaturbate. My cam looks crystal clear and wide screen there, but on mfc its not so great.

Get rid of camscore it stresses everyone out and makes me not want to cam if I'm not doing well.

Adding bots and apps like chaturbate might be fun too!

Upvote 0
I know many members complain about how shitty the mobile site is. I had a few who couldn't tip because they were on their phones.
I don’t want to say that your members were fibbing...but I have never had an issue tipping from mobile. Then again I am on MFC mobile more then I am on MFC the main site...so I just maybe more we’ll versed on it.

And yes, MFC please work on improvements to your mobile site. I can remember at least one extremely frustrating night where I couldn’t get into a group show because I was on mobile.

Upvote 0
I don’t want to say that your members were fibbing...but I have never had an issue tipping from mobile. Then again I am on MFC mobile more then I am on MFC the main site...so I just maybe more we’ll versed on it.

And yes, MFC please work on improvements to your mobile site. I can remember at least one extremely frustrating night where I couldn’t get into a group show because I was on mobile.

I've had one time where I couldn't tip because of mobile, and don't recall what the issue was. Might have been an issue with purchasing. Been a long time since it happened. But, I also use command line for tipping unless it's over 1K tokens (mfc fix that shit!) regardless of browser or mobile.

As to groups, I didn't think one could do groups or privates on mobile? I rarely use mobile, and when I do it's only with the intent of sticking around for a few minutes in the model's room.

Upvote 0
I've had one time where I couldn't tip because of mobile, and don't recall what the issue was. Might have been an issue with purchasing. Been a long time since it happened. But, I also use command line for tipping unless it's over 1K tokens (mfc fix that shit!) regardless of browser or mobile.

As to groups, I didn't think one could do groups or privates on mobile? I rarely use mobile, and when I do it's only with the intent of sticking around for a few minutes in the model's room.
You are correct, groups and privates cannot be done on mobile. Even if you log into the main site using a mobile phone. I am assuming that they are worried about it being easier to record a show off of a mobile device then it would be off of a PC or Laptop. Which now thinking about it I am cool with them not allowing Groups and Privates on mobile.

Just sucks when you are traveling for work and don’t want to have to carry a personal laptop with you on top of your work laptop. When you can access most of the same things via a mobile device. But, in terms of use cases that may still be too much of an outlier to be changing your whole site design for (and making sacrifices to privacy because of it being easier to record off of a mobile device).

Upvote 0
I am assuming that they are worried about it being easier to record a show off of a mobile device then it would be off of a PC or Laptop.
From what I remember when I discussed this with MFC, it's moreso because there would be a pretty bad delay due to inability to use Flash on mobile. When in a one on one session, having real-time replies and reactions is probably expected. It would make for a bad member experience, probably.

I don't think MFC wants to charge members per minute for a heavily delayed cam feed.

Upvote 0
From what I remember when I discussed this with MFC, it's moreso because there would be a pretty bad delay due to inability to use Flash on mobile. When in a one on one session, having real-time replies and reactions is probably expected. It would make for a bad member experience, probably.

I don't think MFC wants to charge members per minute for a heavily delayed cam feed.
This is how I have understood it as well. The lag is horrendous when on mobile. Upwards of 10-15 seconds is what I've experienced when on WiFi on my phone or tablet. Unacceptable for private or groups, and even in chat for me. I used to only travel with cell and tablet. But, now I also have a 13" laptop that I travel with because there are times where I need an actual OS and compute power. So, no issues with mfc. Though, I have found a coupel of hotels that didn't like my VPN. So, kind of threw a kink in the works there.

Upvote 0

Yeah, I have delays when I watch on mobile...sometimes as much as almost a minute (yes I am that guy that will tip and count the seconds until I hear the tip sound). And I know going to the Live HD feed on mobile is also a slight delay. Which could get worse if the member isn’t using WiFi. So yeah from a user experience point of view I can understand MFC not allowing a member to use those features instead of offer a subpar experience. I wish I didn’t know anything about software/web design...it would be much easier to remain cranky about that one night I missed a group show I really wanted to see.

• Funny!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Allow Camgirl's to upload and assign custom tip noises to specific members so if they are AFK they know exactly who has tipped them

There is a functionality on the broadcaster that allows you to see all the tips you have received from the time you cam on broadcaster. It shows how much the tip was, who tipped and the tip note. Another way is in your model admin area.

Upvote 0
I would love to see raffles added to MFC Share
I think there are probably some legal reasons that this won't happen. Using Charlesbot is close enough I guess?

Upvote 0
There is a functionality on the broadcaster that allows you to see all the tips you have received from the time you cam on broadcaster. It shows how much the tip was, who tipped and the tip note. Another way is in your model admin area.

This is the better option, IMO. Some of us only tip silently (command line only, the GUI doesn't allow for it IIRC).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A friggin affiliate program for models!! I have referred SO many of My personal clients there and they don’t take care of you the way some can sites do. That’s one thing I really dislike about their platform.

Upvote 0
A friggin affiliate program for models!! I have referred SO many of My personal clients there and they don’t take care of you the way some can sites do. That’s one thing I really dislike about their platform.
I don't even think their BringAFriend program works anymore, I haven't gotten tokens from my link in ages. Outside of that, you can use the crak revenue affiliate program for that. There's a post about how it works in the Models Only section.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.