AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are some of the most popular cam sites right now?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To go off of what Dakota said, ACF doesn't have kind words about LiveJasmin, for multiple reasons. I won't start to list them as I can't even begin to grasp everything this forum hates about LJ.

As for my answer, MyFreeCams is the most popular camming website when these forums are concerned. Streamate is a very close second and Chaturbate would be the third. There's other random websites that girls work for including Cam4, AdultWork, MyGurlFund, ExtraLunchMoney, aaand of course LiveJasmin.

There's Webcams.com, Cams.com [I've worked there as well as MFC and Streamate.] and iFriends. They all have different payouts and will vary with popularity depending on who you talk to.

If you aren't already familiar, I'll fill you in.

Typically camming websites pay about 30-35%. Streamate pays 35%, Cams.com pays 29% after everything is said and done [less if you want better placement, assholes.] and LiveJasmin pays 30% as a base percentage and more if you make more money. It goes in tiers, up to... 70% I think it was. But there's a witch hunt for LJ here, so don't bother asking more about that. As far as I know all of these websites have extra tipping options as well.

MyFreeCams runs on a token system as well as privates. Many models prefer to work in the free chat and work towards token goals, something between 500-2000 tokens per goal. They shake their thing and do countdowns in hopes of meeting their goals. Some girls only do privates, or are taken into privates... but the website is based on free shows and tipping to get there. Regular privates are 60 tokens a minute, true privates [solo privates with no voyeurs] are 80 tokens a minute. Tokens are worth .05 cents each. Making privates 3 dollars a minute and you can calculate the rest yourself. Girls are allowed free range of the website, the rules are incredibly lax and it's basically anything goes. You can sell videos, panties, anything you want. Run raffles, play games. MFC is based on camscores mainly, a large percentage of the girls sit at the bottom while only a few rise to the top and regularly meet their goals. It can be stressful for some and non stop fun for others.

Cam4 also runs on a token system. I can't remember what the payout was off the top of my head but I think it was something like .01 cent per token. They say a lot about paying 71% where other websites pay less, but there's also a lot of models who complain about being scammed out of their money by them.

iFriends is 50% as well. Doesn't look like it's based on a token system but I haven't heard positive things about iFriends from models.

MyGurlFund, I have no idea what goes on there... as well as ExtraLunchMoney, but from what I've read it seems those websites are mainly [if not entirely] posting pictures and videos, selling items and getting paid for it. I think MyGurlFund has live chat, but ExtraLunchMoney does not.

There's a bit of a trade off with these websites. Some have high payouts but less traffic and more hoops to jump through. Others have a lower payout, but less hoops, good customer service and good traffic. Traffic is important because even if you get 100% of the payout, if you don't get any customers it's worthless.

As I said I've worked on MFC, Cam4 and Cams, as well as Streamate. Streamate, I love. I haven't made very much so far but I enjoy working there, I like being able to set my own price, it's easy to understand once you get the hang of it and it's lax in the fact that there's no camscore. I don't feel the need to get up and entertain constantly. If I'm tired and need a break, I can do that. I may not get the very next customer, but I don't have to shut the whole thing down in fear that my camscore will drop, as I did have to on MFC. Being a bigger girl and being on MFC... just... it doesn't go too well.

Cam4 is bullshit in my opinion.... and Cams.com, is alright. There's a referral program [same at Streamate actually] but I simply didn't enjoy working there. They automatically save your privates and sell them, then depending on how many hours you work a week [up to 80 a month to get the maximum] you get a higher payout of your fanclub earnings. Members have to pay to be a part of your "fanclub." It works for some models, but it wasn't for me. Also, if you take a gouge in your already small 29% payout, you can be listed higher in the rankings. A big no-no for me. It goes down to like 14% payout.. if you want. Pishposh, IMO.

So, there you have it. Some of the most popular websites and reasons why. It's late, so I apologize that my answer isn't as organized as it should be.

Sources:

http://www.experienceproject.com/questi ... ute/362122

http://www.mycamgirlsecrets.com/2011/05 ... sites.html

I Googled LiveJasmin payout percentage, here, it's the first result and it's a .PDF that will pop up to save on your computer. Apparently nothing is done the easy way on LJ. Figures. https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&safe=off&t ... 60&bih=638

http://myfreecamswiki.com/wiki/Payment_ ... for_Models

Memory.

Pooky said:
Many models prefer to work in the free chat and work towards token goals, something between 500-2000 tokens per goal.
I just wanted to add that many medium or high camscore models often have higher countdowns for their public shows than 2000 tokens. The highest I've seen so far was 6969 ^^

Reactions: Pooky and LadyLuna
LilyMarie said:
Pooky said:
Many models prefer to work in the free chat and work towards token goals, something between 500-2000 tokens per goal.
I just wanted to add that many medium or high camscore models often have higher countdowns for their public shows than 2000 tokens. The highest I've seen so far was 6969 ^^

Pshhh---I have seen 5k for a simple shirt removal :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
curvyredhead said:
LilyMarie said:
Pooky said:

Woah. Did she have next week's lottery numbers written across on her chest or what? o_O

Reactions: marknh
To expand more on MGF and ELM:

It is correct that it is mostly selling picture sets and videos (though videos definitely outsell pic sets by far). With ELM, I just sell things and do customs here and there. ELM is 60% until you become a Seller Plus then you get bumped up to 65% which is the cap so far.

A part of MGF is also the "social" aspect of it, making friends and whatnot helps in the long run- like regulars on other sites. There is a live chat option, which is like PMing/IMing. They also have a cam system. You make up your own prices on everything. Payout percentage goes from 65% to 90%, you get bumped up 2.5% for every $5,000 you make. So that's definitely a nice reward, especially if you work hard and make it pay off on there. The downside is the tech support isn't the greatest or anything, the rules are pretty strict, a lot of girls can be super catty, and people either love it or hate it. And you can "cash out" anytime (pay out). If you have the Payoneer option, you can get your fund within 10 minutes. With direct deposit it takes a day or two, depending on your bank.

LilyMarie said:
Pooky said:

Thinking about it now, I've seen a 20,000 token goal for one girl and she was already at 15,000+ tokens when I got in there, that was for... boobs, I think. I haven't seen her since that night, but regardless, you're right. The goals really do fluctuate.

Some girls make smaller goals and hit them a few times in a night, like 1000-2000 tokens, more or less... other girls will make even larger goals and hit them once, and then the rest of the girls make a certain goal, whatever it is, hit it or miss it once and log off.

It all just depends on the woman.

LilyMarie said:
curvyredhead said:
LilyMarie said:
Pooky said:

Woah. Did she have next week's lottery numbers written across on her chest or what? o_O

Right? But, at the time time---I cant knock her because fuck...she gets it every time. So good on her!

Reactions: BlueViolet
Pooky said:
LilyMarie said:
Pooky said:

Thinking about it now, I've seen a 20,000 token goal for one girl and she was already at 15,000+ tokens when I got in there, that was for... boobs, I think. I haven't seen her since that night, but regardless, you're right. The goals really do fluctuate.

Some girls make smaller goals and hit them a few times in a night, like 1000-2000 tokens, more or less... other girls will make even larger goals and hit them once, and then the rest of the girls make a certain goal, whatever it is, hit it or miss it once and log off.

It all just depends on the woman.

I feel this is actually an expression of a psychological effect relating to how the brain works with valuation of things. Most things are seen as better based on how cheap they are. However with wine, studies have shown that the inverse is true compared to hamburgers. I would dare venture women are closer to a fine expensive wine than a cheap hamburger.
Another factor in play here is that if someone tips a little towards a goal they become invested in that goal. They're more likely to spend more money to make sure that first bit of money isn't wasted. Throwing good money after bad money.
The trick is to get them to invest that first bit and to make sure you have a goal you're capable of meeting.

I've noticed with some models on Streamate if I'm logged in I can search them by name, but if I'm not (say I'm on a different computer and just wanna check if they're on) they don't show up in search results. Is this a bug or?

Jupiter551 said:
I've noticed with some models on Streamate if I'm logged in I can search them by name, but if I'm not (say I'm on a different computer and just wanna check if they're on) they don't show up in search results. Is this a bug or?

The same thing has happened to me.

Also, another Streamate annoyance is when it shows a model online on the homepage, but when you click on her it says she's 'in a private show'. Me and Nordling were talking about that the other day.

Jupiter551 said:

If a model has location blocks, she will only show up if you are a member logged into the site. :)

Cassidy Nicole said:
Jupiter551 said:

If a model has location blocks, she will only show up if you are a member logged into the site. :)
Wait, so members who are logged in can see me even if they're from the region I've blocked? o_O

LilyMarie said:
Cassidy Nicole said:
Jupiter551 said:

Wait, so members who are logged in can see me even if they're from the region I've blocked? o_O

Nooo! They still won't be able to see you either. :p

If you have a location block, you will only be shown to those who are allowed to see you once a member is logged in :)

So basically, what Cassidy's saying is that if she has, say, NY blocked, then people NOT in NY will only be able to see her when they are logged in.

Correct?

LadyLuna said:
So basically, what Cassidy's saying is that if she has, say, NY blocked, then people NOT in NY will only be able to see her when they are logged in.

Correct?
Yep I think so

i have worked on cam sites for over 11 years
i have worked on more then 20 different sites
best site for fun and $$$ has been myfreecams.com
especially good for me as i am sick of fucking myself so much for many years and on mfc i can relax and talk more

Status
Not open for further replies.