AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What colour walls should I go for?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryChu

Inactive Cam Model
Jun 20, 2015
UK
iwantclips.com
Twitter Username
@ChisaDiora
My cam room is currently stark white and I really hate it haha. I have some fabric up on the wall just to get something that isn't so white, but... it's beige. It was only meant to be a temporary measure but I never got around to replacing it and it's about time I did.

The room in general is all white with a beige carpet, I have a white fluffy rug, white wardrobe (though I'm going to do something with that as well... too much white), dark brown mirror and shelving units, and pink accents. So I'm tempted to go with pink but then that could possibly make my skin look too yellow, I'm not sure?

You can see my skin tone in my avatar - I'm a kind of medium brown, but with the background so white, my cam needs to be set pretty dark and that makes my skin look kind of dirty and weird. That's why I put the beige fabric up to counter it. I'm wondering if I should do something really dark - I actually have some of this lying around http://www.wilko.com/view-all-wallp...-textured-wallpaper-black-405107/invt/0282910 and that could illuminate me nicely. I don't think I'd get away with it if I was ivory-skinned but I'm pretty gold and I think my skin tends to look nice against black. But is that too dark?

I can't actually paint the walls so I'm going to have to pin some wallpaper/fabric up whatever I do but yeah... what do you guys think, models & members? Do members even care what the background is like? =p

The brutal truth is no, we don't care what color the wall is. But it makes the ladies happy to color things up so we go along with it.

Being partially color blind paint, color has never played an important part in my life. My advice is always go with the neutral color that is on sale. That or purple. Cause ya know purple rocks. ;)

I think the wallpaper you showed is cute! You mentioned that your only option is to pin it up... Is there anyway you can easily do that and then test how it looks, or would you have to actually glue it on? If you're only pinning it, and it looks terrible, you can take it down, and the only thing you lost is half an afternoon...

One of the rooms I cam in is a tan/light brown color and I look good against it because I am pale as hell. I was thinking a lighter/softer green would look nice against your skin tone. Be sure to never use anything black and white as a background, it will ruin what the camera picks up. (Actually you should never have black and white anything, even clothes on cam. I used to work in television news production, it confuses the camera especially if there is autofocus.) Light purple would also be nice. Sort of pastel-ish?

From what I've seen and experimented with blues tend to be a good bet with camming.

When picking a color you need to take a few things into consideration. Like what is your skin undertone, hows your lighting and I guess how good your webcam can be something to think about. Also, if you care, how big is your room. If you don't want your room to seem smaller than it is, like say it is already a small room, don't go with a darker color. Instead choose a lighter color. I heard webcams also pick up light colors best as well. And if you have an olive skin tone, which I assume you do, you want to pick cool based colors. You can find a cool based pink if that's what you want. The difference between a cool based pink and a warm based pink is insane on the skin tone. But I'm not sure which colors can be both cool and warm, so pinks my only example. :p Maybe try on a few shirts and see what color you like on your skin. Then take the other factors into consideration.

One of the rooms I cam in is a tan/light brown color and I look good against it because I am pale as hell. I was thinking a lighter/softer green would look nice against your skin tone. Be sure to never use anything black and white as a background, it will ruin what the camera picks up. (Actually you should never have black and white anything, even clothes on cam. I used to work in television news production, it confuses the camera especially if there is autofocus.) Light purple would also be nice. Sort of pastel-ish?

I was thinking the same thing about the pastel purple and light green. They would go great with her skin tone.

Reactions: TacoBelle
I would definitely do a pastel purple instead of a bright one ha.

I pinned that wallpaper up then checked my cam and it basically just looked silver and shiny... so definitely not doing that haha. I have quite a lot of yellow in my skin and I feel like green wouldn't do too well... I'm not sure.

For now I've got some pastel pink fabric up and it seems okay... it looks less pink on cam than it does in real life, which I guess at least puts more of the focus on me. I'd still like to do something else with it at some point though...

A soft mauve or pink will give your room a sweeter, warmer look, and reflect gently on your skin ^^

Blues (as suggested before) tend to show up well on cam too, if you want more contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.