AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What did you want to be when you grew up?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyMarie

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 28, 2011
I'm pretty sure as a kid none of us wanted to become a camgirl. ^^
It's always cool to hear people's career aspirations from their childhood, soo what did you want to be when you were little? :)
I didn't post this in the Models Only section because I thought members might be interested in reading the answers, too.

Ok, I'll get this started even though I'm not a cam model.

I wanted to be a smokejumper.

Jump_Gear.jpg

I had read a book about these firefighters as a young boy.

I used to want to be a ice cream MAN, not realising that I'd actually be a ice cream woman haha, but I always told people I wanted to be a ice cream man! I never intended on driving though, so I'm not sure how I planned to drive a vechile selling ice cream! Another thing I wanted to be was a chocolate taster. I still don't feel like a grown up now though, so now when I grow up I want to be a elephant trainer. :)

I think I wanted to be everything at one point in time. :-D
I still have dreams of becoming a Lawyer some day.
Been trying to find a tattoo artist to accept me as an apprentice for years now, but no one wants to share their trade... they don't want more competition I guess.

Well first it was illustrator, then that changed to art teacher, which is now changed to history teacher! haha

I'm going for my history education degree. I can't wait for the day I take huge pay cut transitioning from camming to become a teacher. That's actually why I scaled back a bit on my online presence. I got offered a solo site, but instead I'm going to focus on school so I can graduate which will be awesome because I'll be the first in my family with a degree =)

I love that camming has given me a stress-free opportunity to finish school!

I aspired to be a singer/songwriter. My parents spent into the thousands on voice lessons for me. I really lost my drive after graduation and got into the real world, I couldn't just sit in my room all day and write. I had to work a full time job and support my mom for a while. Getting married and having a baby put that dream on indefinate hold. I sing sometimes during sexytime so at least their money didn't go to waste :) hehe!

Since day 1 it was that I wanted to be an actress on broadway or live theater of some sort. After we found out about my health problems my doctor said no because I couldn't handle the physical strain it takes to put on a good performance. I still would love to be in live theater professionally but I'm setting my standards more realistically these days. I'm currently going for my degree to open a photography studio but if that is too strenuous for my body to handle then sex therapist it is. :) Ultimately I just want to enjoy my career and make enough to live off of. I don't want/need to be rich; I just want a job that my body can handle and my mind can be stimulated from.

I'm one of the odd few that really did think about wanting to be in the adult industry in some way shape or form at an alarming young age. I don't know if I got into my dads playboys too much as a kid or what the fuck happened. As soon as I learned vaguely what sex was, I was hooked with the idea and would stop at nothing to learn more. What a twisted kid I was, my poor parents...

Of course that wasn't the only goal I set for myself as a child. I also wanted to be a contortionist in the circus, mail lady, traffic director just to wear the bright orange vest, video game tester, and be on the Discovery Channel. Now that I think of it, those are all kind of strange childhood dreams and they all still sound fucking awesome. If I can do all those things before I die, I will die a happy gal...*crosses cam whore off list* :dance:

I wanted to be two things: Either a dancer/performer on Broadway (I still have dreams of performing for the musical CATS) or a Veterinarian. I pursued both of these, excelled, but I was pulled from dance lessons because 'dancing isn't a real job' and idiot people made me shy away from being a Vet and having to deal with stupidity at the risk of an animal's life. Constantly. I would love to work with zoo animals, mostly reptiles, but I'm happy with all the other critters!

However...I have a new (currently unapproachable) dream. I would LOVE to own a dispensary with a hookah and coffee bar attached. I have a name picked out and a general idea of how I'd like to realize this dream. Just waiting on the laws to change and I will start putting my plans into motion. I will probably open a chain restaurant first. Eventually I'd love to live on a giant catamaran and sail the world with my critter menagerie...but blegh.

I want to live forever. Seriously. I want to do so many things and 70, 80 years isn't enough. It's just not!

I wanted to be basically everything when I was younger, but I've kept a few of the same goals. For the majority of my life, I actually wanted to be a marine biologist. Although I've outgrown that dream, (and, let's face it, i'm scared of giant things in water that could swallow me in one gulp!) I also wanted to be a writer. Now, I'm going to school for English and hope to complete and publish my first novel within the next few years. :)

The first thing I remember answering that question with was "Frankenstein!" I don't think I understood the question at all. Since then the list has grown a lot. Artist, writer, radio talk show personality, mortician. Oddly enough, mortician seems the easiest and most attainable.

Reactions: Poker_Babe
Frankie said:
mortician. Oddly enough, mortician seems the easiest and most attainable.
LOL that reminds me of my oldest daughter. when she was younger she said that she wanted to be a coroner when she grew up.
she wanted 2 be a doctor. she asked me what kind of doctor helps dead people. I told her that a coroner does. but they can't bring them back to life, they help by finding out how they died. if the person was murdered, they are able to find that out and help the police catch that person so they can't hurt anybody again. this was back when my (late) husband and I were separated. when I went to go pick her up from his house, he's all: "ummmm... why did our daughter tell me that she wants to be a coroner when she grows up?"
Hahaha :lol:

Lily90x said:
I'm pretty sure as a kid none of us wanted to become a camgirl.

When I was a kid there was no such thing as a camgirl.

However, I remember in 3rd grade being quite scandalized to discover that one of the girls in our class wanted to be a Playboy model, quite happy to discover that she was willing to pose for me, and quite amazed when she actually did. (to be perfectly clear - no cameras involved)

When I was too young to be realistic, a power ranger.
Once I realized that wasn't really possible, an artist. That one kind of stuck.
I also love to cook and I sometimes dream of opening the most awesome vegetarian restaurant evarrrrr.

Reactions: Poker_Babe
NoelleBright said:
When I was too young to be realistic, a power ranger.
Once I realized that wasn't really possible, an artist. That one kind of stuck.
I also love to cook and I sometimes dream of opening the most awesome vegetarian restaurant evarrrrr.
Vegan or just no meat?

When I was really little, I had trouble answering that question. I understood that they meant "to earn money", but I thought that when a girl grew up, she became a housewife and the husband earned the money :p

When I figured out that I *had* to put a marketable career down, I said I wanted to own either a petshop so I could play with all the animals, or a bookstore so I could read all the books. (that would be second grade or so)

Around 6th grade I started wanting to actually help people, so I changed to wanting to be a vet (since I liked animals better than people). And then to a nurse.

In 9th grade, my Biology teacher focused on all the plant chapters, and barely touched on the animals. I discovered that I hate science projects, hate science reports, and can't stand subjects that rely on a lot of memorization. After a year and a half of soul-searching, I settled on teaching high school math.

When that didn't work out, I became a cam-model, and started debating between programming and accounting. I went with accounting because I won't have to worry about learning a new language every 10 years, and a new operating system every 3 years.

When I was very small the answer was ballerina. Then around 5 or so I wanted to be a vet. By the time I was 10 I felt like there were too many options to pick from, and too much time to decide so soon, and just started saying "happy."

I've always had trouble deciding on a career path. For a while I wanted to be a director and make films or music videos, but after doing some for fun with friends I decided it was too technical for me.

Now, I have a dream of opening my own bakery, or having a buisness decorating celebration cakes. I want to be my own boss!

:text-imnewhere:​

Status
Not open for further replies.