AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What did you want to be when you grew up?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Growing up, I wanted to be an astronomer. In fact, if I didn't have to go to school for quite so many years and if there was a guarantee I could find a job making decent money right out of school, doing it, I would probably still go with that option. I also wanted to be a singer and pursued it for quite a few years. Had half a CD recorded and the record producer I was working with (who had recently signed someone with Sony) decided spur of the moment to quit producing and let me know over the phone. Kind of crushed those dreams abruptly.
I now do cam modeling, with a degree in Graphic Design and also do makeup and hair for photographers and wedding parties part time. Odd, how interesting and different plans can go. :)

Miss__Kitty said:
Growing up, I wanted to be an astronomer. In fact, if I didn't have to go to school for quite so many years and if there was a guarantee I could find a job making decent money right out of school, doing it, I would probably still go with that option. I also wanted to be a singer and pursued it for quite a few years. Had half a CD recorded and the record producer I was working with (who had recently signed someone with Sony) decided spur of the moment to quit producing and let me know over the phone. Kind of crushed those dreams abruptly.
I now do cam modeling, with a degree in Graphic Design and also do makeup and hair for photographers and wedding parties part time. Odd, how interesting and different plans can go. :)

I can make u famous bb.

Really though, have you thought of producing yourself or getting on a good indie label? Kickstarter seems to be working well on getting people money to finance their CDs too.

Rich. :p

To be honest, I was never one of those kids who knew what they wanted to be, career-wise, when they got older. I've actually always kind of envied those people, lol, because I feel like I've spent way too much time lost and floundering.

However! I pondered the idea of being a psychologist when I was a teenager, and now, 6 years later, I'm a psychology student. I'm still not entirely sure what I'll end up doing with my degree(s). I suppose I'll either end up being a registered psychologist or a registered counselling therapist depending on which grad program I pick, but yeah.

For me camming is just a part-time job, not a career. It's fun for now, though! :)

I changed my mind a lot but it always came down to dancing or performing. I feel like I am doing exactly what I was meant to do.

JoleneJolene said:
I changed my mind a lot but it always came down to dancing or performing. I feel like I am doing exactly what I was meant to do.

I think you were meant to be a camping and fishing paraphernalia model. You made me want to go buy stuff with this picture from AWWWWW you lose for men.

Attachments

• DPP_67.JPG
    DPP_67.JPG
    485.4 KB · Views: 201
To be an veterinarian or zoologist. Now, I want to be a children's counselor.

I asked my mom what I always said I was going to be when I grow up.
And the answer is: Terrorist. lulz.
Instead I'm a pervert that spends his days working mostly meaningless jobs by day, freelancing by night and sneaking in a wank whenever possible.

I've always wanted to be a singer, now my ambitious plan is be someone in the music world (singer, pianist, composer, teacher.. whatever!). I wanted to create a band but I don't find the perfect people so.. I'm working in some songs alone haha.

I remember very clearly wanting to be some sort of fighting chick (even though I'm weaker than a cooked piece of spaghetti)...
Currently on the road to becoming an ultrasound technician :3

Before I started school I wanted to be a ballerina. I took ballet and quickly changed my mind. I then wanted to be an "artist" or a boxer.

4th grade, archeologist (thanks to Tomb Raider).

5th grade, sniper (thanks to Metal Gear Solid).

6th-8th grade, architect.

9th grade, music producer or something, can't really remember, but I was adamant about going to a high school that had audio recording and blew off the architect idea (thanks to punk music).

10th-12th grade, hairdresser. I've always cut/dyed my own hair... But then I realized you had to pay out of pocket for cosmetology school so that was a definite no.

After high school, dermatologist, nutritionist/trainer [check], bartender [check]

Felicity said:
Well first it was illustrator, then that changed to art teacher, which is now changed to history teacher! haha

I'm going for my history education degree. I can't wait for the day I take huge pay cut transitioning from camming to become a teacher. That's actually why I scaled back a bit on my online presence. I got offered a solo site, but instead I'm going to focus on school so I can graduate which will be awesome because I'll be the first in my family with a degree =)

I love that camming has given me a stress-free opportunity to finish school!

Good luck to u.

I'm going to answer my own question now ;)

- When I was little I wanted to own an ice-cream bus and sell ice-cream on the street.
- When I was 10 or so, I wanted to be a veterinarian OR breed rabbits for a living. >_< (Btw, all the girls in my ballet class always wanted to become primaballerinas. I didn't.)
- For a long time I wanted to become a writer.

Shortly before graduating from high school I wanted to become a screen writer, but that idea vanished after my time as an intern at a German TV show. The TV and movie industry is cruel here and without vitamin B or EXCEPTIONALLY great ideas you don't get anywhere as a writer, enough people have told me that. Plus, the job is not safe enough... You get 20000 euros for a script if you're lucky, and then if you're unlucky, you have to live off of that money for the rest of the year.

Right now I'm studying English and German at a university. Later, I'd like to combine my love for languages with my love for movies by translating movies and TV shows into German so they can be dubbed. I know, I know, everyone should always read subtitles and dubbing is horrible... But where I live, people will never go back to reading subtitles, now that dubbing has been established for 70 years.
I could also imagine being a voice actress, but you need to be a professional actress before you can become a voice actress here. :(

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
When I was a child I wanted to get into broadcasting, either radio or TV. Unfortunately I had a very bad speech impediment growing up and my parents bluntly said that they didn't think I would make it in that industry. I went to school for Business Technology (computer networking, databases, stuff like that), graduated but wasn't crazy about the type of work. The fall after I went back to school for Advertising - Integrated Marketing Communications. I graduated at the top of my class and really enjoyed the work, but the economic crash hit right after so for the past few years I've been working on life skills.

Since graduating I've fixed my speech impediment with the help of a speech therapist, spoke in front of 600+ people and recorded a radio commercial for the school I graduated twice from. I've also been told by a few people that I have a great speaking voice so I'm pondering following my childhood dream and going back to college for broadcasting. Another possibility is that one of my former professors from my Advertising program informed me that they're working on a new post-graduate certificate program and that I would be the "perfect candidate" for it.

Reactions: SophiaLocke
I always wanted to be a librarian. I'm still working towards that, VERY SLOWLY. I was a librarians assistant for a couple of years in a college library setting. I also did cataloging for a public library for a bit, but the pay was awful. I had a 2nd and 3rd job just to pay my bills.

So I may eventually someday get my masters in library science. At the moment though, funding has been cut for so many libraries that the job market is not so good. I'm not really rushing to finish school and have tons of debt from student loans and zero employment prospects.

When I was like 3 I stepped on my cats foot and it was all sad and limping, I picked it up petted it for a bit and when it walked away it seemed better, at that point I was like damn, I want to be an animal doctor, lol, I held onto that one for a few years than throughout elementary school I bounced between veterinarian, marine biologist, and astronaut (kinda lost interest a bit when I realized I wouldnt be in space 5 days a week all year round), lol. When I hit middle school I actually attended a gifted vocational school thing for animal sciences or whatever, funny cuz now most animals annoy the crap out of me, lol. By high school I wanted to do something involving criminal psychology or do piercings and shit in a tattoo shop :) At this point if I could do anything in the world it would be to be a cam superstar and a criminal psychologist or FBI profiler :)

my mom told me when i was really young.. i wanted to become a sumo wrestler.. haha dont ask me why.. but thats what she tells me...

when i grew older i wanted to be a police woman.. and when i was a teenager.. i was sure i was gonna be a hairdresser...
i still got the dream to work in comercials.. and i would love to be in theater.. but now i'm a security guard.. strange how things can happen...

i always said that if i would have a tight body i would be a stripper... i have been intrested in working in the adult industry since i was a teenager...

LilyMarie said:
I'm pretty sure as a kid none of us wanted to become a camgirl. ^^
It's always cool to hear people's career aspirations from their childhood, soo what did you want to be when you were little? :)
I didn't post this in the Models Only section because I thought members might be interested in reading the answers, too.

I think it's interesting that most of the models who responded wanted to go into careers where they helped those less fortunate. Even if they are far short of the qualifications that will tip them towards their ultimate career, I think many of them are already helping the less fortunate with their cam work. We would all be less fortunate if we did not know them.

Thank you.

When I was young I wanted to be an industrialist. I had hazy ideas what that was, but the Daredevil comic spoke ill of these industrialists,ruining the country. I just wanted the pent-house apartment and a helicopter.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've always wanted to be an actress :lol:

& I still want to be one!

MiniMinouu said:
I've always wanted to be an actress :lol:

& I still want to be one!

Well you are!
(kind of)

I wanted to be a remote tribal warlord worshipped as a god-king by my tribal peons ala Marlon Brando in apocalypse now. Nothing's that remote anymore and natives aren't as gullible as in the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.