AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you charge for?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayslovingtheresa

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jul 10, 2012
Texas
So I have been on MFC for a little over a week now. And I am not doing as well as I thought I would. I always look my best, I greet everyone, I do games, raffles, and I make sure to tease them as well. I even give little sneek peaks here and there. When I started I was told to make sure to charge for everything. That includes adding as friends, PMs, Cam watching, etc... Do u do this? I even try to get everyone talking to each other to me and have conversation starters. I just get get the numbers in my room. In the week I have been doing this my first night was great and after that it has just gone down hill and I dont know why. I am consistant and I am always on when my schdule says I will be on. In fact I usually try to get on earlier and stay later. I am usually on between 8pm - 12 am central sometimes an hr earlier some times later. Every night except for Sundays. I cant do any other ours because I have kids at home. anything else I can do?

This is my profile! Come check it and let me know what you think.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/?action=my_profile

As far as charging for everything, I don't do that. It's certainly a good idea, but it doesn't necessarily suit everyone.

When I'm in the mood I do whatever I like.

If I had a naked countdown every single day for 500 tokens, there are a lot of problems that can come from that. For example,
* The naked countdown might never get finished, so I'm in an awkward position to try and do all my other shows I had planned that people actually want to tip for.
* If your chatroom is sex based, when you are fully clothed less people are likely to come in and tip, so you could be trying to finish the countdown with only a handful of people.
* Once you get naked, if it's taking a really long time to finish your next countdown, you can't put your clothes back on as an incentive for people to tip, because they paid to see you naked and members might get angry.
* If you do a nudity countdown every night, but on some nights get frustrated and just want to get naked so you can move on, your regulars will learn that they don't need to tip you because you'll just get naked anyway.
* If your regulars know there is a show they really want to see later, they may save their tokens and not tip towards the nudity countdown that happens every day, so if everyone is saving tokens for later that countdown may drag out forever.

So in general, while charging for lots of things may get you more money in the end, there are also cons that come with decisions. On the other hand, I'm sure many models never have to deal with any of the things I listed above, so it isn't destined to happen. It's just a possibility.

I rarely ever do nudity countdowns because once someone has paid for that, it removes the freedom for me to control it in the way I see best for my room and the countdowns.

I also don't charge for friendlist adds or PMs. I add people to my friendslist that I like and who visit me often, so when I log in I don't see a list of random guys who paid to be on my friendslist, I see a list of my regulars and buddies that I like to hang out with.

As far as PMs go, I've had people pay for PMs, turned them 100% off, and let anyone PM me (which is what I'm doing right now). I have enjoyed every single method. Right now I'm enjoying answering PMs as they come, or when I have time for them, because it gives me a mini 'break' and some of those people are downright hilarious.

You should charge what you're comfortable with for what you're comfortable with.

Sorry! lol its MyFreeCams.com/TexasBlueEyes

Sorry about that. I use alwayslovingtheresa for everything and didnt want to use it for MFC. lol
Thanks for the advice ladies!! I can use all the help I can get. My husband usually broweses around the site when I am working and says some women are just sitting there watching tv and there are 100s of members in there when I can hardly get 10. Some even are in public places. Do any of u do that?

alwayslovingtheresa said:
Sorry! lol its profiles.MyFreeCams.com/TexasBlueEyes

Sorry about that. I use alwayslovingtheresa for everything and didnt want to use it for MFC. lol
Thanks for the advice ladies!! I can use all the help I can get. My husband usually broweses around the site when I am working and says some women are just sitting there watching tv and there are 100s of members in there when I can hardly get 10. Some even are in public places. Do any of u do that?
I don't cam in public, but I know some models here do. They could probably give you some good info on that.

Do you browse models as well? I go and watch models all the time on MFC, I feel like it's important to know what other people on the site are doing. Not to steal from them, but just so you get a sense of what's out there.

Some models have huge fan bases and will get hundreds of people in their room no matter what they're doing. Other models have high camscores and will just get a lot of foot traffic in their rooms no matter what they're doing. A lot of models seem to get frustrated when they see top models just hanging around and still making money, but I don't think that's fair. I haven't heard any stories of models who magically spring to the top with no work, and can just fuck around without any effort and still get paid. Models who can watch TV and still get tips have worked months and years, and put in thousands of hours, to get to where they are.

So I have been on MFC for a little over a week now. And I am not doing as well as I thought I would. I always look my best, I greet everyone, I do games, raffles, and I make sure to tease them as well. I even give little sneek peaks here and there. When I started I was told to make sure to charge for everything. That includes adding as friends, PMs, Cam watching, etc... Do u do this? I even try to get everyone talking to each other to me and have conversation starters. I just get get the numbers in my room. In the week I have been doing this my first night was great and after that it has just gone down hill and I dont know why. I am consistant and I am always on when my schdule says I will be on. In fact I usually try to get on earlier and stay later. I am usually on between 8pm - 12 am central sometimes an hr earlier some times later. Every night except for Sundays. I cant do any other ours because I have kids at home. anything else I can do?

It's really all up to you.

Some models don't watch cams while in public chat (they'll watch cams for free in private chat), and some models charge __ tokens to watch cams in public chat. I charge 90 tokens to do it in public chat.

As far as my friends list, I add people who visit my room often and talk to me and tip when they can. Basically, people who have become regulars and tip when they can. The guys who wish to be added to my friends list immediately will need to tip 90 tokens. Every once in a while, I go through my friends list and start removing people from it who just don't show me any love anymore, or people who have now become lurkers in my room.

Beware that if you allow PMs to be open to everyone, you'll likely be bombarded with a lot of unnecessary PMs. A guy who's in your public chat shouldn't be PMing you "Hi, bb. You're gorgeous." If that's all he had to say, he could've just said that in public chat. If a guy tips you for e-mailed photos or something like that, he should PM you his e-mail address (since that should be PRIVATE info).

The Models Only section of the forum has tons of great info for you too. MFC is not easy, but just like in everyday life, it may take hard work to get your great rewards.

Also, I think it's a good idea to check out a few MFC models' rooms, when you get a chance. Good luck and have fun! :)

AshleeKnox said:
TheFluffsta said:
Tried to look for alwayslovingtheresa but there isn't a profile under that name. :(

your city might be blocked
No, it took me to the profile homepage rather than telling me the profile was unavailable to view as it does when cities are blocked. I live in the UK anyway. She also cleared up the name difference a few posts above. ;)

Sorry! lol its MyFreeCams.com/TexasBlueEyes

I would recommend you ask the Admin Amber to delete this thread and change your user name on this site. You just linked your model name to what you say you use in the offline world. Creepy people may be able to find you if you leave this thread here.

Shaun__ said:
I would recommend you ask the Admin Amber to delete this thread and change your user name on this site. You just linked your model name to what you say you use in the offline world. Creepy people may be able to find you if you leave this thread here.
I second Shaun's recommendation to contact Amber.

Also, to be more accurate, anybody can pretty easily find you. It's just that the creepy ones might do something about it. It's also worth noting that "regular" people who know you by your current username can also find you here now, which would lead them to MFC. I'm guessing this is something you'd also like to avoid.

Reactions: alwayslovingtheresa
Status
Not open for further replies.