AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you consider big tipping?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What do you spend when you tip large?

• -10% of weekly income

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • 10% of weekly income.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 50% of weekly income.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 100% of weekly income.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 200% of weekly income.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 1000% of weekly income.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 1000% + of weekly income.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
Everyone always talks of the gesture.... how much do you value your favourites?

For myself, regular gesture can require half my weeks work... obscene can involve a few weeks working just for a favourite model.

I find it hard to pick something in this poll. I only think of big tips as tokens rather than percentage of my income.

Ambers Troll said:
For myself, regular gesture can require half my weeks work... obscene can involve a few weeks working just for a favourite model.
Didn't you say you had quit MFC completely... :think:
Also, what does '-10% of weekly income' mean?

Is this percentages of the member's income, or percentages of my regular income?! What the hell are you talking about here?

To me, a big MFC tip is anything 4+ digits. When I see girls get those I even squeal like they do.

Also any purchasable amount. Like if someone doesn't tip all night, then he drops 200 on you. That's pretty big because he probably just bought 200 tokens just for you.

LilyMarie said:
Ambers Troll said:
Didn't you say you had quit MFC completely... :think:
Also, what does '-10% of weekly income' mean?

Maybe he meant less than?

I think if members were to sit down and work out the exact percentage of their earnings that they give to cam girls (or one particular cam girl) there's a good chance that some of the bigger tippers might freak out and start tipping less. "What?? 55% of my earnings go to TitsMcJugs??" :?

I actually do think about tipping (and spending in general) in terms of what I can make in an hour on average.

So .. "want that dress? How many tokens is that on mfc? How many hours will it normally take you to make that? Do you want that dress enough to work for 2 hours of your life for it?"

it's often a way of making me realize the true cost of items I buy and a way i talk myself out of (or into) buying things.

I guess I'm weird. The phrasing in the topic is weird but I think I get the point..

Essentially, when we are born - the only 'currency' we have that we can choose to spend is our time. that's why we say we are 'spending' time in a way. we can choose to put that time into doing things that may earn us extra time(eating healthy) or we could spend in a way that may end up costing us time or even closing the bank account all together. (if we spend our time wrestling alligators for example)

I'm a bit of a workaholic so often when I'm choosing between an activity and work and trying to figure out which is more important I have to look at my life from that wider angle to narrow down on what is really important for me to put my time and energy into.

A long..ranty tangent.

I'm not commenting on the specifics of what I consider a big tip for myself as a member however :)

Sorry for confusion...was asking about what pecentage of your weeks effort goes into a big tip. (gave multiple options as big varies)
How much effort you must do to make that tip, what is it worth to you in time working?

Fay_Galore said:
how can it be that a big majority of your topics seem to have the purpose of creating a gulf between members and models? Are you aware of this?

Been wondering that too. His name does have "troll" in it though, he could just be trying to provoke a reaction.

That said, I'm still confused, is the question here what my favorite models are worth to me, or how much money I make per week? Because I'm not going to share that second one

I think any tip is pretty fucking awesome. Especially if you consider that the majority of people (thousands upon thousands) watch our shows without ever dropping a token. If you tip a model, I'm impressed and cheer you on. It's only fair that you reward a model for her time if you're genuinely entertained / enjoying yourself.

There are very generous guys who do 10 tokens at a time to show their appreciation. They might disperse them differently than big tips (which are great, too). It's really cool doing it that way because they're essentially reminding the room to keep the ball rolling. Let's not forget these fine fellows. Yeah, big tips rock but if you're helping in any way - you're cool as hell and I appreciate your generosity. :-D

I'm so confused.
A member might only make $100 a week. If he tips me 50% of that, $50, MFC takes half, I don't consider $25 a "large" tip. Not that it's not appreciated, but just not what I consider to be "large."
But another member can make $5,000 a week and if he tipped 50% of that, it would be considered a large tip.
So it's not at all about the percentage of their income. It's just about the actual number of the tip.

Personally, I think $25 can be a large tip. If you consider that a lot of people make minimum wage... that's pretty large for them. They worked hard for that money. I'm gracious that they enjoyed spending time with me enough to show their appreciation.

AedanRayne said:
Personally, I think $25 can be a large tip. If you consider that a lot of people make minimum wage... that's pretty large for them. They worked hard for that money. I'm gracious that they enjoyed spending time with me enough to show their appreciation.
It's all perspective. It's not what I consider "large" but I'm well aware that's "large" for some members.
But again, ALL tips are appreciated. I just don't think you should base someone's tip off of their income since we don't know everyone's income.
I feel like you're twisting it to make me seem ungrateful and that's just not at all the point I was making.

To elaborate more, I'll use a waitress as an example. A poor man comes in and tips $1, which is 70% of his income. A lot for him, but not a "large" tip in general. A rich man comes in and tips $200, which is only 5% of his income, not a lot for him, but a "large" tip for the waitress.

PlayboyMegan said:
I'm so confused.
A member might only make $100 a week. If he tips me 50% of that, $50, MFC takes half, I don't consider $25 a "large" tip. Not that it's not appreciated, but just not what I consider to be "large."
But another member can make $5,000 a week and if he tipped 50% of that, it would be considered a large tip.
So it's not at all about the percentage of their income. It's just about the actual number of the tip.

Ironically, in this example, the first member would be being waaaaaaaay more generous than the second member, but his tip wouldn't garner anywhere near as much appreciation/excitement.

mynameisbob84 said:
PlayboyMegan said:
I'm so confused.

Ironically, in this example, the first member would be being waaaaaaaay more generous than the second member, but his tip wouldn't garner anywhere near as much appreciation/excitement.
Yep, that's true.
But since we don't know every members financial situations, we can only base what is considered a "large" tip off of what we are used to making.
If a model gets several 100token tips a day, she probably won't consider that "large." If another model has never received a 100token tip, she probably will consider that "large."

Which is why the whole percentage thing doesn't work.

mynameisbob84 said:
I think if members were to sit down and work out the exact percentage of their earnings that they give to cam girls (or one particular cam girl) there's a good chance that some of the bigger tippers might freak out and start tipping less. "What?? 55% of my earnings go to TitsMcJugs??" :?

Yep, that certainly can happen. I sometimes tend to feel a bit guilty after the 'high' goes away (an irrational guilt probably related to some of my upbringing, as rationally I believe in the 'money spent having fun is money well spent' POV). And it can slow me down for a bit but only due to self-imposed limits: I have set for myself a fixed fun budget, so if I go over it in a given month, on the next month I will reduce said budget accordingly to compensate for that. Or I could just slow down because in a month there's way too many other entertainment-related things to do/buy (shows/games/CDs, etc).

mynameisbob84 said:
Also, if anyone is spending ten times their income on cams, I think it's fair to say that person has a problem :?

Sadly camming has one characteristic that is both a blessing and a curse - there's a lot of fun people to meet, hang out and have fun with, which makes sticking to a budget something very hard to do... And then you get people who are already a bit at risk for money problems (people who have poor money management skills or in a not-stable social/mental situation) and you get the stories that you might hear about people spending all their life savings.

I think the idea behind this post isn't bad. It was geared toward members. Using a percentage I think makes sense because then no one has to disclose the tip amount or their income. I think it was just intended to be asking what members consider a big tip.

From the model perspective I think we all know that we have no idea how much someone is tipping us in regard to how much they can tip us, at least not until we know them better. I only have a few regulars and the one I am the most grateful for tips the least because I'm confident that he is giving me everything he can and that makes me feel extremely appreciated.

In the spirit of a friendly troll, i think it is actually a provocative question.

Let's assume that a "big tipping" member works 50 hours a week to make $1,000 at a salaried job. This is above average for the US and quite a bit above average for the many under 30 year old members. In high tax state like CA or NY, taxes take roughly 1/3 of that figure leaving him $667.

So when I member tips say 2,000, which cost him $162, for a high tip wins my panties/new boy girl video. He is in fact spending 25% of his income for a week. So when right before the contest ends somebody snipes him by tipping 2,100 tokens that is actually a pretty big deal. It constantly amazes me how many models don't do anything for the guy who tipped 2,000 in the form of a consolation prize. Perhaps if they realize that is 1/4 of his paycheck they may.

HiGirlsRHot said:
In the spirit of a friendly troll, i think it is actually a provocative question.

Let's assume that a "big tipping" member works 50 hours a week to make $1,000 at a salaried job. This is above average for the US and quite a bit above average for the many under 30 year old members. In high tax state like CA or NY, taxes take roughly 1/3 of that figure leaving him $667.

So when I member tips say 2,000, which cost him $162, for a high tip wins my panties/new boy girl video. He is in fact spending 25% of his income for a week. So when right before the contest ends somebody snipes him by tipping 2,100 tokens that is actually a pretty big deal. It constantly amazes me how many models don't do anything for the guy who tipped 2,000 in the form of a consolation prize. Perhaps if they realize that is 1/4 of his paycheck they may.

Many models do give high tipping people videos, or picture sets. They just do in in PMs.

Shaun__ said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

Many models do give high tipping people videos, or picture sets. They just do in in PMs.

I am aware of this having been on the receiving end of such goodwill gestures. I also know that it often doesn't happen both to myself and I've heard from a plenty of members, I tipped "5,000 maxed out my credit card and I didn't even get a fan sign"

HiGirlsRHot said:
Shaun__ said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

I am aware of this having been on the receiving end of such goodwill gestures. I also know that it often doesn't happen both to myself and I've heard from a plenty of members, I tipped "5,000 maxed out my credit card and I didn't even get a fan sign"
Don't play a game if you can't handle losing. As an adult it's up to you to tip responsibly, not the model.

I'm with Jolene. I usually give a consolation prize depending on the amount tipped but you can't expect every model to do that. It was advertised as a high tip battle - meaning there will only be one winner. I believe high tip competitions cater to guys who enjoy the rush of gambling. They're getting something by simply entering the contest and that's the rush of not knowing if they're going to win or not and the excitement if they do win.

You could say the same thing about raffles. I've known people to get upset over losing in a raffle but is it expected of models to give consolation prizes to every entrant?

If you are upset by losing to another bidder - high tip battles, raffles, and many games are not for you.

@Megan I didn't mean for it to come off like I was twisting your words. Personally, I feel that $25 is still a large tip. I realize you and many models appreciate it but only have a different perspective on the matter.

For "highest tip wins" stuff, do models not typically give out content for those tips? So if a model has, I dunno, 3000 token's worth of content on her profile and a guy tips 5000 with the hopes of winning the prize on offer for highest tip - would he not get the 3000 token's worth of content on her profile in addition to the chance of winning whatever the prize is?

mynameisbob84 said:
For "highest tip wins" stuff, do models not typically give out content for those tips? So if a model has, I dunno, 3000 token's worth of content on her profile and a guy tips 5000 with the hopes of winning the prize on offer for highest tip - would he not get the 3000 token's worth of content on her profile in addition to the chance of winning whatever the prize is?

I wouldn't give out 3000 worth of content unless that was what was agreed upon, or the person asked about it first. I'd be pretty annoyed if after I gave the High-Tip prize someone came around and asked well, I tipped 5000 tokens, why can't I get 3000 worth of content too? Well, you tipped 5000 FOR that prize, not for that prize and content on the profile. That wasn't what was agreed upon.

If someone tips 2000 and clears a show goal, we do the show. I don't do the show and give him tons of content. HOWEVER, on a slow night someone might be able to come to me and say, "I have 2000 tokens. What if I clear the goal and I get a few videos" I'd definitely say yes.

mynameisbob84 said:

In my room, if the person doesn't win the battle for a specific prize, they get something of the same value as the amount they tipped. I guess you could say that's my consolation prize. I like when people win and making them happy. So, if they tipped 1875 to win a custom video but lost - they'd get my entire collection of videos that's worth 1800 tokens. Is that what you were asking or did I misunderstand?

Reactions: Always_Tim
Status
Not open for further replies.