AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you consider big tipping?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What do you spend when you tip large?

• -10% of weekly income

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • 10% of weekly income.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 50% of weekly income.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 100% of weekly income.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 200% of weekly income.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 1000% of weekly income.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 1000% + of weekly income.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AedanRayne said:
mynameisbob84 said:
For "highest tip wins" stuff, do models not typically give out content for those tips? So if a model has, I dunno, 3000 token's worth of content on her profile and a guy tips 5000 with the hopes of winning the prize on offer for highest tip - would he not get the 3000 token's worth of content on her profile in addition to the chance of winning whatever the prize is?

In my room, if the person doesn't win the battle for a specific prize, they get something of the same value as the amount they tipped. I guess you could say that's my consolation prize. I like when people win and making them happy. So, if they tipped 1875 to win a custom video but lost - they'd get my entire collection of videos that's worth 1800 tokens. Is that what you were asking or did I misunderstand?

Woah, you made me realize I misunderstood what he said. If someone lost, I would totally compensate them with content from my profile. The tips wouldn't go for naught.

I consider anything over 1000 tokens to be a big tip. I have a pretty healthy entertainment budget but don't think I've ever spent more than 10% of weekly income on camgirls. I don't spend enough time at camsites for it to become a problem. Log on, chill in a room or two for 20 minutes and then go pvt. Do this once or twice a week. Not sure what to think of dudes spending half their checks at a camsite, first thought is how sad but if it makes them happy, cool. Dudes have to be single, no way would their wife or girlfriend be ok with that. I would feel like shit if I was a model and some lonely dude was giving me half his check to entertain and be friends with him but if that is what the dude wants, what can ya do, just business.

Reactions: JimsX
AedanRayne said:
mynameisbob84 said:
For "highest tip wins" stuff, do models not typically give out content for those tips? So if a model has, I dunno, 3000 token's worth of content on her profile and a guy tips 5000 with the hopes of winning the prize on offer for highest tip - would he not get the 3000 token's worth of content on her profile in addition to the chance of winning whatever the prize is?

In my room, if the person doesn't win the battle for a specific prize, they get something of the same value as the amount they tipped. I guess you could say that's my consolation prize. I like when people win and making them happy. So, if they tipped 1875 to win a custom video but lost - they'd get my entire collection of videos that's worth 1800 tokens. Is that what you were asking or did I misunderstand?

That was exactly it :thumbleft:

That way, members never have to feel the way HiGirls mentioned and there's no resentment. The member may not have won first prize but they got content to the value of their initial tip, so there can be no complaints.

mynameisbob84 said:
AedanRayne said:
mynameisbob84 said:

That was exactly it :thumbleft:

That way, members never have to feel the way HiGirls mentioned and there's no resentment. The member may not have won first prize but they got content to the value of their initial tip, so there can be no complaints.

And in the case of regulars who have all the content?

That's where I've had people get a little annoyed. I did an offline tip contest while I was on vacation for a souvenir. Someone beat a regular who had all my content by 1 token, but I was on a plane and didn't see so I couldn't get two souvenirs (which is what I would have done). The guy who lost ended up getting really mad at me about this, saying he wasted his tokens. I didn't know what to do for him, I didn't want to make custom content (it wasn't enough to pay for custom content anyway), or do a skype when he didn't win (and at the time skype was only a prize).

I ended up taking the tokens off a countdown when he was in the room, in the end. Was this a good approach?

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
If they've already got all your content, they've already got all your content. They can't reasonably expect you to magic new content out of thin air as a consolation prize. If they don't have any/all of your content though, it just seems to make sense to offer it as a consolation prize :twocents-02cents:

if there's a proper battle between two members and one wins I will definitely get the other one a little something too. However, I believe if you tip to be the HT you can expect someone to beat you, that's part of the game. if you don't want to take that bet you're better off spending your tokens on countdowns, content or 'just because'. I think in the end it's up to the model's discretion and is in no way expected. if you don't want to lose, don't play.

(same with raffle tickets btw, I think most models give the member(s) who got the most tickets a little prize if they wouldn't have won the raffle, that just a nice thing to do but not required)

mynameisbob84 said:
I personally count all tips for a contest as well as put it towards countdowns but that's just me. But if I have no count, the person already has my monthly club and my snapchat I really have to assume they are willingly taking a risk unless otherwise stated, because I have nothing left to give. I think it unwise to ever assume a model double dips unless she says otherwise, as that is basically giving things away free. Ask first or don't bitch (the general "you" not bob you") If you assume the unlikely only you are to blame if it isn't reality.
Asking doesn't cost a thing.

I'm not exactly sure how to answer the % of Income thing, but I will say that the highest tip I have ever given in one tip is 2069. I have given one other 2000 token tip. Pretty regularly, at least once or twice a month I may give 1000 token tips. And I spent 7920 tokens on a True Private once. These are the highest token amounts I have spent on MFC. For me, anything over 1000 is a very high amount. And 1000 is pretty much a limit for me during a pay period.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
ILikeUonTop said:
I'm not exactly sure how to answer the % of Income thing, but I will say that the highest tip I have ever given in one tip is 2069. I have given one other 2000 token tip. Pretty regularly, at least once or twice a month I may give 1000 token tips. And I spent 7920 tokens on a True Private once. These are the highest token amounts I have spent on MFC. For me, anything over 1000 is a very high amount. And 1000 is pretty much a limit for me during a pay period.

That is a better way to put it! Referencing your token limit per pay period. I was also thinking of my highest tip which was was the entire token amount I allow myself per pay period.

Reactions: Leon_Omega
JoleneBrody said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I personally count all tips for a contest as well as put it towards countdowns but that's just me. But if I have no count, the person already has my monthly club and my snapchat I really have to assume they are willingly taking a risk unless otherwise stated, because I have nothing left to give. I think it unwise to ever assume a model double dips unless she says otherwise, as that is basically giving things away free. Ask first or don't bitch (the general "you" not bob you") If you assume the unlikely only you are to blame if it isn't reality.

True dat. It always pays to ask.

I may or may not have been being naïve, but I guess I'd just like to think (and so far all you guys have suggested it at least tends to be the case with ACF models) that if a member tips 5000 tokens trying to win something and is unsuccessful, the model would at least attempt to offer something as a consolation prize, even if technically they don't have to. Obviously, if that person already has everything the model has to offer, it's probably fair to assume that they're not a stranger to that model's room or the model herself, and will have understood what they were risking when they first tipped. Apart from anything else, it just seems like good business sense. Keep the customer happy and all that :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
JoleneBrody said:
mynameisbob84 said:

True dat. It always pays to ask.

I may or may not have been being naïve, but I guess I'd just like to think (and so far all you guys have suggested it at least tends to be the case with ACF models) that if a member tips 5000 tokens trying to win something and is unsuccessful, the model would at least attempt to offer something as a consolation prize, even if technically they don't have to. Obviously, if that person already has everything the model has to offer, it's probably fair to assume that they're not a stranger to that model's room or the model herself, and will have understood what they were risking when they first tipped. Apart from anything else, it just seems like good business sense. Keep the customer happy and all that :twocents-02cents:
This exactly!

It's also really important to me that the person who wins truly WINS, ya know. Like if the runner up get's the same amount of prize or special effort as the winner... is that really fair to the actual winner?

Leon_Omega said:
Fay_Galore said:
how can it be that a big majority of your topics seem to have the purpose of creating a gulf between members and models? Are you aware of this?

Been wondering that too. His name does have "troll" in it though, he could just be trying to provoke a reaction.

That said, I'm still confused, is the question here what my favorite models are worth to me, or how much money I make per week? Because I'm not going to share that second one

I have to reply to the OP on this one. I wouldn't dare ask any model about their financials, and I think that it goes hand in hand with me asking anything like this of fellow members either. It's somthing super personal and a bit of a faux pas imho. It is a public forum, and anyone can ask questions or answer any way they see fit, but, like Leon, I'm not going to share those particulars on here.

I will say though, that some of the subsequent/tangent discussions that have arisen are very interesting and enlightening.

JoleneBrody said:

I'm not saying all models are perfect angels but it seems like a lot of irritation (on the member's part) comes from simply not asking. Every model has their own style and that's what makes cam sites so exciting! It only makes sense to ask if you're the least bit curious, especially if you're new to a room.

I totally get what Aedan & JJ (and others) have said about giving prizes to people who tip big, but don't win. I usually will do similar things (like guaranteed win for most raffle tickets). However, you guys referenced one guy tipping 5k, losing, then you send him all of your content (3k worth of stuff). Where do you draw the line? What if your videos are 200 tokens? Every member who tipped to be high tipper that surpassed that could complain, "I tipped 500. Can I get 2 videos?" I mean, it's good that you're drawing in tips, but I think members who participate in games of chance like that should be tipping for the fun of the chance of winning and JUST BECAUSE.

I've seen so many models complain that they often send cute videos/pictures/etc to high tippers each night. They don't make a huge deal out of it, they don't advertise it. They do it just as a "thank you" to the people who stood out. Often the same guy will be the "high tip" each night, so he will receive custom pictures. But then things go bad... the guy either complains that "The pictures are all similar (same poses, similar outfits, etc)." OR the model will choose NOT to send high tip pictures for a while and the guy will message her saying, "Hey, where are my pictures?" even when she hadn't said he'd be getting any. They just tend to expect it.

Models, where do you draw the line on giving away consolation/thank you prizes? No one should expect it, but if you give away too much, they will. If you don't give away any, you'll be considered a cold-hearted bitch. (Also, members can give input on what they expect to receive in said scenario above)

MelodyFaye said:
ILikeUonTop said:
I'm not exactly sure how to answer the % of Income thing, but I will say that the highest tip I have ever given in one tip is 2069. For me, anything over 1000 is a very high amount. And 1000 is pretty much a limit for me during a pay period.

That is a better way to put it! Referencing your token limit per pay period. I was also thinking of my highest tip which was was the entire token amount I allow myself per pay period.
Me too.... should have said available income in poll..... should have given clearer description after, apologies.

Was not after details, that is personal, only comments if you wanted. The poll question was only to compare personal effort/ sacrifice for big tips (i.e. limit of 1000 tokens you can afford a week, a 2000 token tip is 2 weeks).

Was curious, and thought some idea of the range of effort a member goes through for a favourite might be interesting. For a private moment, or something special it may take even longer to save for, a big tip seemed the most moderate.

edit: out of interest I have heard of members (from that member) delaying house payments to gift a model.

Ambers Troll said:
edit: out of interest I have heard of members (from that member) delaying house payments to gift a model.

I would never do anything like that. For me, MFC is part of my Entertainment/Disposable Income budget.

ILikeUonTop said:
Ambers Troll said:

I would never do anything like that. For me, MFC is part of my Entertainment/Disposable Income budget.
I'm going to go ahead and speak for most down-to-earth-models (and I believe ACF is home to many of those type of models):

We don't want you to do this sort of thing.

We LOVE feeling spoiled and flattered by wonderful tips, but if we know that it's putting you in a bad situation, it takes away the happy feels it should bring us. We hope that our tippers only tip within their means, and when the big tips roll in, we like to assume you had a great bonus/paycheck/etc that allowed you to spend more frivolously than usual, not that you are without electricity/heat/other requirements to WOW us with a big tip.

Ambers Troll said:
DOgaPHM.gif

I know I should feel bad for these dudes but I can't help but find it hilarious.

AmberCutie said:
ILikeUonTop said:
Ambers Troll said:

I'm going to go ahead and speak for most down-to-earth-models (and I believe ACF is home to many of those type of models):

We LOVE feeling spoiled and flattered by wonderful tips, but if we know that it's putting you in a bad situation, it takes away the happy feels it should bring us. We hope that our tippers only tip within their means, and when the big tips roll in, we like to assume you had a great bonus/paycheck/etc that allowed you to spend more frivolously than usual, not that you are without electricity/heat/other requirements to WOW us with a big tip.
Would like to say for the models reading, that they should not feel bad when a member does seem to overdo it. Think of it like being a gambler, spending alot is more entertaining, the thrill is enhanced, but you want to spend what you can afford to lose. You are not the prize/ the winnings, more that what you trade or give your member is the thrill/ entertainment part/ the experience itself.

Overdoing it is super easy with disposable income too. Spending on someone you like is my favourite thing in the world, would rather overdo it to gain a smile than buy the latest phone/ game/ console release.

Reactions: JimsX
AmberCutie said:
ILikeUonTop said:
Ambers Troll said:

I sincerely believe this.

My point in my example wasn't to derail the thread too much :). I think/hope most models most of the time, try to do something to compensate for the example I gave. At times as several you pointed out there is no easy method to do that. But I've also seen situations where 2000 token tips barely gets acknowledge, because there is 3,000, 4,000, 5,000 and than an OMG 15,000 token tip in the same session.

I very much like how Amber's troll framed the question. These questions in the past have always been from the models point of view. I think considering the question from the perspective of a members finances is good fresh approach and I applaud it. I picked 2,000 deliberately because while I suspect even top models think of 2,000 as a big tip, and I doubt even average models think of it as being OMG, I'd cry if I got a tip like that, where as 15,000 tokens might bring out tears. Yet if a member drops these weekly it quite possibly is 25% of his income. A spending level which is often not sustainable.

Finally, I'll point out that things that are often the most lucrative for models, raffles and other gambling events, high tip contests, and Help me reach Top 100, are also the things that cause the most overspending by members.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Status
Not open for further replies.