AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you think about plastic surgery?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Green

ModelCentro.com
Industry Representative
Jul 28, 2014
modelcentro.com
Purely from a cosmetic point of view, if money were no object, would you actually have plastic surgery yourself or have you already had something done, or would you prefer to age naturally? ;)

In an ideal world I would love to have a smaller nose, larger/perkier breasts, be skinnier, never age etc etc etc.

Would I have cosmetic surgery to adjust my features if cash weren't an issue? No.

I'm not perfect looking. But neither is anyone else. Even with cosmetic surgery I would only be appealing to a certain look which is pretty much to make myself look like a disney princess. My face and body would no longer be my own. Not to mention that surgery is painful, potentially dangerous and the results can be questionable however much money you spend.

There is more to life than looks. My looks get me bought drinks at bars, my breasts get men and women alike looking down my top, people compliment me and watch me where ever I go.,I will probably be more likely to be asked on dates and as I am now getting sex wouldn't be an issue if I wanted it. There are even certain jobs I am more likely to get.
Yet it does not bring me friends, it does not improve my chances of finding a loving relationship, as I cannot see my looks unless looking in a mirror my beauty itself gives me no joy, it doesn't improve my chances of a career (unless I'm going for a looks based career), it makes me no more likely to easily conceive children, or be fit and healthy. My looks also have resulted in consistent negative behaviour from others, some cases more serious than others. I have been assaulted both sexually and physically because of how I look on multiple occasions. I also get many negative comments because of the size of my breasts. I'm not even that good looking and my breasts aren't exactly enormous. Looks have zero use except for the reactions that people have towards you.

People say they get plastic surgery because it makes them feel confident which is the biggest change. But confidence is something you can find without undergoing surgery. My body is not perfect and given the chance to magically melt away the "imperfections" I would probably take it, but I have learned to love and accept what I have and to focus on things more important than looks.
Surgery is serious and it is not something I would undertake unless absolutely necessary. I also think the more people who go through surgery it makes the "norm" more unattainable which in the future will pressure more to go through procedures to feel attractive.

Obviously saying that everyone is entitled to their own decisions and though I am not keen on surgery for cosmetic reasons there are certain circumstances where I completely understand the person wanting to go through a procedure. If people go through it and it makes them feel good then great for them, but personally I'll keep praying that one day I'll live in a world where people feel happy, comfortable and attractive just the way they were born.

I wouldn't do it. Surgery scares me! I'm sure it's super safe but I have wouldn't take on the risk. There are some things I'd like the change (smaller nose, perkier boobs) but not enough to have surgery. I'm a wuss, too, so report scares me.

My plan is to age "naturally" but we'll see, my opinion has changed plenty in the last twenty years and will change more in the next twenty, I'm sure. I think aging is so fucking cool. They always say that as you get older you become more confident and self-assured, and I hope that's true.

Yeah, I'd like to get a nose job. Not because it would bring my confidence; I already have plenty of that. I just think my nose is stupid and the man I got it from is stupid and I'd rather have my own. I don't really give a damn what anyone actually thinks about it.

There's more to life than looks, but just because you chose to undergo plastic surgery doesn't indicate whether or not you subscribe to that. There's also more to life than videogames but I'll be damned if I haven't spent a shit-ton of money and time and research on them.

There's a huge difference between someone who is addicted to plastic surgery and someone who gets it once or twice.

It's your life, do what you want.

Also, there are a ton of people who are overly-concerned with their looks that never go under the blade.

VeronicaChaos said:
Yeah, I'd like to get a nose job. Not because it would bring my confidence; I already have plenty of that. I just think my nose is stupid and the man I got it from is stupid and I'd rather have my own. I don't really give a damn what anyone actually thinks about it.

I think that you've got a really good attitude towards it. Like with many things, it's not the outcome but the reasons that led you to the outcome that make the difference.

The answer I gave was more in the terms of "if you happened to have loads of money would you go through surgery for aesthetic reasons just for the sake of it?"

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
I've had my lips injected numerous times and LOVE it! But it only lasts a month on me and I can't afford $600 a month on lip injections. Maybe one day.
I plan on getting a boob job once I have the funds.
I'd like a larger ass, as well, but IMHO they have not perfected ass implants enough for me to go through with it.
I will definitely be getting Botox, face lifts, and all the good shit to prevent aging once I'm older.
I make money off my looks and I want to continue making money for as long as possible.

My nose annoys me because I feel like it's really big, but it's the family nose, so I'm kinda attached to it and wouldn't really change it.

I have had a beast reduction, but I'm not fond of the shape they turned out. I'm happy that they're smaller and that I'm no longer sobbing in pain from my bra (nerve issues made the pressure unbearable even when I wore the right size), but now they're not shaped remotely how they've ever been shaped before in my life, and it bothers me a bit and I have trouble seeing them as "my" boobs. I also ended up with a bit more noticeable "dog ear" (the bit of the beast that extends under the armpit on larger ladies) than I had before, and they said that they were going to get rid of that, but now it feels like half my boob is armpit boob, so I'd get that corrected.

Reactions: JickyJuly and Gen
I'm too scared.
1. Surgery hurts and there might be complications
2. The results could turn out horrible. I mean if celebrities that can afford the best surgeons in the world are getting bad results sometimes, it may very well happen to me.
3. I would need to take a considerable time off mfc to recover and that's not an option.
4. I might lose some of my fan base if I all of a sudden look different.

I thought about less invasive stuff like Botox and lip injections but they only last 4-6 months and I am scared of having needles in my face.
Maybe when I get older and get more wrinkles I might consider it.

For now I work out regularly, don't tan (wear sunscreen everywhere) and try to eat healthy with some cheat days.

I am completely supportive of anyone who chooses to get plastic surgery. It's your life and your decision. I'm planning on getting a tattoo in the future, how is that any different? I am making a huge decision that involves body modification that technically isn't necessary, but would make me happy. Tattoos, piercings, cosmetic surgery, fall under the same umbrella in my opinion. They are all (mostly) permanent body modifications.

Personally, I have a big nose and a tiny chin. These two features do not make for a flawless profile. I have small boobs, too. But I personally don't want any cosmetic surgery. It's not that I'm afraid of surgery or anything like that, I just don't want it. I recognize that I have flaws, but I'm fine with living with them for the rest of my days. That does NOT make me better or worse than people that would have surgery. Some girls in my exact same situation would go for it; their opinions are equally valid!

If something stresses you out and you are comfortable with having the surgery, do it! Especially as a camgirl, it's not good to be looking at yourself every single day and not be completely happy with what you see. It really upsets me when I hear of girls who are either pro/anti cosmetic surgery and use their preference to dictate what they think others should do. No one should have a say in what you do to your body but you.

I go through phases of really wanting breast augmentation and a nose job, then it'll fade and I'm fine for a while. However, I'd be terrified. I can't even go for a check-up without getting the heebie-jeebies or lump in my throat. There's also the fear of botched surgeries and ya know, never waking up.

I think, to each their own. But, I really despise the sour attitude toward any plastic surgery. Sometimes, we don't look how we feel or think we should look. And that's ok. Not everyone hit a genetic lottery or they weren't born looking like a cat. I think it's great we have the knowledge and tools to change that if we please. Granted, it's expensive, but I'm glad it's there.

I think cosmetic surgery is fascinating. I have zero intention of aging with grace. I do pretty much everything without grace anyway. Hehehe. My plans really only involve fillers and botox though. I am not a big fan of my nose. However, I have children who might end up with the same nose. So, I will keep it so that someday I don't have to say "I used to have that nose too, but I threw it away because it was ugly. Sorry kid!". Hehehe.

I would get a nose job and breast implants.. maybe botox. On cam I am always holding my eyebrows up, it would be nice for them to sit up there by themselves. Nose job is unnecessary, but my nose doesn't look the same from both sides of my face, I would like it to. Breast implants are so taboo, but I would do them. My breasts are an odd shape, they don't look good in every top, they don't look good at every angle. I would get them done if i had the funds.

People give their kids braces to fix their crooked teeth all the time; in fact it's pretty hard to come by someone between the ages of 13 and 30 who hasn't had braces at some point. I don't see cosmetic surgery as being all that much different from that except it's usually an adult choosing the procedure for themselves instead of parents choosing it for their kid. (Yeas, I know that braces are sometimes medically necessary, but let's be honest, it's usually done for aesthetic reasons.)

You only get one body; if you can make it look a way that makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone else why not? I am a supporter of cosmetic surgery if it's done for the right reasons.

Wrong reasons would be:

* "my boyfriend said I should get fake boobs; I don't really want them but it will make him happy."
* "I like the way I look but everyone thinks I would be prettier if I had a smaller nose."
* "I cannot afford to pay my rent but I NEED liposuction so I will be skinnier than so-and-so and make her feel bad!"

Right reason being:

*"I am not comfortable with the way my body looks and I have the means to change that."

If money wasn't an object, yes, I'd probably get a boob-job eventually. Not currently (I don't think I need it) but after kids I'd like to get a lift.

As for botox, facelifts, etc, no. Just not for me. Plus, my mom is mid 50s, dad ismid 60s and they still look fantastic. I think a 60 year old with the tight skin of a 20yr old just looks sorta silly.

SexyStephXS said:
If money wasn't an object, yes, I'd probably get a boob-job eventually. Not currently (I don't think I need it)
For some reason I thought you had a boobjob already, no idea why I thought that now.

I'm a big plastic surgery advocate now. I say do it! It will make you feel so much better.....as long as you go to a good surgeon, of course! I got breast implants, lipo on my stomach and waist, and a rhinoplasty/setoplasty (all in one day!). I am 6 months out now. My boobs are filling out amazing! now that it's been 6 month! When I first got my implants, I thought I wanted to go bigger. But they have dropped and fluffed, and they are a great size now...(I got 350CC moderate plus profile, under the muscle, nipple incision, silicone gel) and my liposuction swelling has just went down. Liposuction takes awhile to see results, there is a lot of swelling at first....but now my stomach is flat, I have way more of a waist now, and way more of an ass than I ever had.....because now everything goes to my ass. It totally changed my body for the better and I am way more confident. My nose was never really a problem to begin with, and nobody can tell I had a nosejob, but I can tell a huge difference when I see pictures before and after...my face just looks way better and I have a very clean side profile now. I also had a severely deviated septum before my surgery, so that got fixed, and I can breath so much better and I no longer snore. :) I think plastic surgery is worth it.......and it is not as scary as some make it out to be at all. I would totally do it again!

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Oh yeah, and I found a hack around lip injections. Urban Decay 24/7 Lipliner, followed by a lipstick sealer. It's like my holy grail now. I took a random picture of my face a few months ago to show my friend back home my nose. And she was like "Omg, you got lip injections too!" Even when I went to go to see my BFF for the first time after getting surgery, she was like "Why didn't you tell me you got lip injections!!!!" :p

PunkInDrublic said:
SexyStephXS said:
If money wasn't an object, yes, I'd probably get a boob-job eventually. Not currently (I don't think I need it)
For some reason I thought you had a boobjob already, no idea why I thought that now.
So this is bothering me because I can't ever remember being wrong about natural boobs. Did you mean boobjob again eventually?

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I want a boob job so my boobs match the rest of me, and would love to get lipo on my upper arms and chin / neck.

I've always wondered about alternative methods of lipo for my arms. Liposuction on the arms has always scared me, because I've never really seen a good job there, it always seems to come out kind of, lumpy or something....even from like, the BEST plastic surgeons. My hair extensionist has a lot of really good plastic surgery....she did a trade for years and did his wife's hair in exchange for plastic surgery. He is like, THE top Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, and was at the time.....and even hers isn't perfect. I have always wondered about other lipo methods...like isn't there some kind of non-invasive lipo you go to every few weeks or something? That is what I would want to try on my arms...

I also want to emphasize for anybody contemplating liposuction, make SURE you go to a surgeon that really specializes in lipo! It is a pretty easy procedure for surgeons, but it is so precise that it is really important to go to a surgeon that has a niche for it. Also, there is a big hype nowadays about Smart Lipo. But Smart Lipo and SAL don't TRULY tighten your skin, and the results are rather minimal. Smart Lipo is ALL the rage nowadays because they have an EXCELLENT marketing team, and surgeons like it because they get clients in and out like a factory line which means more profit for them. My personal opinion would be to go to a surgeon who specializes in a liposuction method like Power Assisted Lipo.

Sorry haha, I go on about this stuff a lot. I ended up in a plastic surgery circle in Beverly Hills from one of my other jobs on a personal level, so I've learned a lot about this stuff

As for me, I appreciate the technology, because it can help those who are born with physical defects such as deformed mouths to look more or less the same as other people.

JickyJuly said:
I think cosmetic surgery is fascinating. I have zero intention of aging with grace. I do pretty much everything without grace anyway. Hehehe. My plans really only involve fillers and botox though. I am not a big fan of my nose. However, I have children who might end up with the same nose. So, I will keep it so that someday I don't have to say "I used to have that nose too, but I threw it away because it was ugly. Sorry kid!". Hehehe.

and I'm totally agree with you :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

I would like to change my nose and one day I will do it.
I will also make my breast bigger but only if I will keep working in mfc, for a real life my boobies are ok for me :-D

After seeing what photoshop does and now all this coming into video technologies - skin smoothing tecnology etc...

Really no reason to visit that surgeon.

Have you seen this vid?

My question is - is this really necessary?

Personally, nope. I've seen both sides of the recovery in my family (my sister's boob job was OK; my mother's lipo meant she was in pain for months; both from the same surgeon) , so that doesn't help make a good case for the 'yes' position in my mind. On top of that, it's surgery with all its risks, so I'll stick with my 'surgery only if it means I wont die' approach.

Now, if someone perfects some tech that allows for the same results without invasive surgery and risk of horrible recovery, then I might change my mind. Until then, I'll keep working out to lose weight/change my belly and working on learning to like how I look.

Reactions: Kickaz
LilyEvans said:
People give their kids braces to fix their crooked teeth all the time; in fact it's pretty hard to come by someone between the ages of 13 and 30 who hasn't had braces at some point. I don't see cosmetic surgery as being all that much different from that except it's usually an adult choosing the procedure for themselves instead of parents choosing it for their kid. (Yeas, I know that braces are sometimes medically necessary, but let's be honest, it's usually done for aesthetic reasons.)

You only get one body; if you can make it look a way that makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone else why not? I am a supporter of cosmetic surgery if it's done for the right reasons.

Wrong reasons would be:

* "my boyfriend said I should get fake boobs; I don't really want them but it will make him happy."
* "I like the way I look but everyone thinks I would be prettier if I had a smaller nose."
* "I cannot afford to pay my rent but I NEED liposuction so I will be skinnier than so-and-so and make her feel bad!"

Right reason being:

*"I am not comfortable with the way my body looks and I have the means to change that."

^ This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it! Well said, Lily.

For me personally, I'd consider a breast lift if I had the money. I dunno. I'm happy with the size of my boobs, but they're not as perky as I feel like they should be for being so small-ish. Also, they're weirdly far apart?? I feel like there's a lot of flat space between my boobies. Then again, this might just be my former 34DD self still getting used to 32Cs. :lol:

As far as my face goes, eh. I'm fine with my nose. My lips are small, but I'm fine with them too. I've been using moisturizer with sunscreen since I was 12, so I don't think I'll be getting intense wrinkles early on. And when they do come, I've earned them, damn it. Same with grey hair. When the time comes, I'll be okay with being the crazy old lady with super long silver hair and wrinkles everywhere. All the better to chase kids off my lawn with!

Sure, but like all things make sure that the surgeon knows what they are doing and you understand the entire process. A few years ago I was friends with a model who got a boob job. It was fascinating to watch the excitement and anxiety leading up to it, and the confusion and pain while the surgery settled. It was a year before she would show her boobs again as she had not had it explained how long it would take for the swelling to settle and she actually had the finished result.

Hers was done through her armpit so they looked weird for a couple years, but now they are fine and she is very happy with them.

Reactions: LiciousLily
I have a pretty different experiential perspective on this issue so I might as well share.

I used to have a massive phobia around surgery, a kind of sympathetic reflex to incision inflicted on another person. It was bad. I could watch horror movies because I knew it was fake but anything I knew was real just made me physically sick and very very off-put. Given the fact that I am a trained artist, I kinda have an eye for the human figure, vivid imagination and an attention to detail, this made it nearly impossible for me to be around anyone that had cosmetic surgery; I would immediately notice, no matter how good the job was, and start freaking out. Even with reconstructive and other surgeries, it was the same response. It was very difficult to explain to people that it wasn't personal (my best friend had ACL surgery, another had breast reduction/lipo) and I actually lost a few friends over it. Damn shame, really.

Over the past several years I decided to face the major phobias that have been intrusive in my life. I am happy to say that I have made massive amounts of success with these and have completely overcome my sympathetic phobia of surgery. Yay!

Okay, now that I have side-barred sufficiently... on to the actual topic of discussion. I, personally, do not have any current desire to get any work done. I feel that the more I start looking like a deflated basketball with hair glued to it, the more my body starts catching up to my soul's actual age. I do, however, keep the option wide open. My jaw is naturally misaligned, my nose is big, etc, never know when/if I'd wanna do something about that.

I love that braces, tattoos and piercings have been mentioned here. Body modification is a very gray area, there is a lot of body modification that is completely "socially acceptable" (circumcision, hair cuts/waxing/exfoliation, piercing, dental work, etc.) while other procedures are considered taboo... It doesn't make a lot of sense to me where the line is drawn and I am a huge supporter of the whole 'you only get one body so you might as well be fucking comfortable in it' mentality. 100%.

Red7227 said:
Sure, but like all things make sure that the surgeon knows what they are doing and you understand the entire process. A few years ago I was friends with a model who got a boob job. It was fascinating to watch the excitement and anxiety leading up to it, and the confusion and pain while the surgery settled. It was a year before she would show her boobs again as she had not had it explained how long it would take for the swelling to settle and she actually had the finished result.

Hers was done through her armpit so they looked weird for a couple years, but now they are fine and she is very happy with them.

I just wanted to point out that, as I'm sure you knew, the placement of the incision had nothing to do with how they looked until they settled. Both the doctor who performed the surgery, and he own body's natural ability to heal and conform are your major factors here. Not to mention all the other little details at play. I can say from personal experience, I had a breast augmentation in July this year with axillary incisions and a week later was back to work, even now most people who Re looking at me without a shirt on for hours at a time are baffled to learn I had a boob job. Its all in everyone personal physiology and their doctors technique and ability. I'm sorry to hear your friend had difficulties but happy things settled into a result she is happy with.

xDollPartsx said:
Red7227 said:

I just wanted to point out that, as I'm sure you knew, the placement of the incision had nothing to do with how they looked until they settled. Both the doctor who performed the surgery, and he own body's natural ability to heal and conform are your major factors here. Not to mention all the other little details at play. I can say from personal experience, I had a breast augmentation in July this year with axillary incisions and a week later was back to work, even now most people who Re looking at me without a shirt on for hours at a time are baffled to learn I had a boob job. Its all in everyone personal physiology and their doctors technique and ability. I'm sorry to hear your friend had difficulties but happy things settled into a result she is happy with.

Not in her case, she had these to great swollen tracks from under her arms that looked more like she had got a set of Ds in her armpits as well as Bs for her boobs. The swelling took a year to go down, poor darling.

Status
Not open for further replies.