AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what do you use for cleaning toys? (gynecological problems)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EllaM

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
chaturbate.com
I would really want to know what do you use for cleaning your toys ( silicon ones but also jelly ones etc). I used to buy some 'normal' spray for cleaning toys with no parfume and no alchool but after talking with my gynecologist he said that I keep getting back a vaginal infection because of this ( after we eliminated any other posibilities ) and recomandate me to use spray with alchool or gels with very powerful substances like chlorhexidine, in other case to don't use them anymore. 😢
Now I was trying to find better ones for cleaning for all what I found are water based and alchool free solution. 😕
Did you had any intimate problems because of inappropriate cleaning toys? and what do you use now for keep your toys safe for you? 💕

Hot water and antibacterial soap.

Ditch the jelly toys if you’re having vaginal issues. They’re bad news.

I use EdenFantasys Toy Cleaner. It's water based with no alcohol. I use that and then wash them with hot water and soap to make sure they're extra clean. You can also place 100% silicone toys in boiling water to disinfect them and it won't damage the toy.

Also, you may already know this, but certain lubes can also definitely cause vaginal issues. I personally can't use anything that contains glycerin and a lot of your regular lubes have them, as well as lubricated condoms.

I know that I should not be replying in both this sub-forum, and on this particular issue, but I hope it's taken with the spirit it's intended in.
Boiling can be a safety issue for some products, the model I visit often had a Lush fail after doing that.
The Lovense website says this (this particular one is for the Lush 3). Others may not be a problem.
Lush 3.png

I know that I should not be replying in both this sub-forum, and on this particular issue, but I hope it's taken with the spirit it's intended in.
Boiling can be a safety issue for some products, the model I visit often had a Lush fail after doing that.
The Lovense website says this (this particular one is for the Lush 3). Others may not be a problem.
View attachment 94235
Ok lol don't boil electronics... obv lol. But yeah ..i meant just silicone dildos. Should have clarified

Glass toys can also be boiled, and are non porous (easy to sterilize and keep clean). silicone + glass toys are worthy investments!

I never bought jelly again after mine quickly melted - they should not be sold by stores given how net negative they are imho

silicone + glass toys are worthy investments!
this 100%

Wash them with antibacterial soap and hot water for quick fix. Then once n a while do a batch of all your toys (we're talking dildos here, not vibrators) run through the dishwasher or boil.

I don't think the spray stuff is as good as hot water and soap, I wouldn't use that unless absolutely necessary because you're doing back to back shows without time to go to the sink.

I would add that strong antibacterial soap might actually cause issues for some. For me gentle soap is better, I have this very gentle intimate wash and that's what I use to clean toys. And no matter what soap or cleaner you use be careful to always rinse it off well.

I've seen cold water sterilising tablets (like the ones you use for baby bottles etc.) recommended for cleaning menstrual cups as an alternative to boiling and if it works for menstrual cups it should also work for silicone toys, so that's another option. Wash with soap and water first, then use a sterilising tablet if you want to be extra safe.

But my guess is it's the jelly toys that most likely cause the issue for you and if you stick to ones that are made of body safe, non-porous materials you won't have troubles with cleaning.

I use a solution of Zoflora, washed off with a very small amount of soap and plenty of water. When I only used soap and plenty of water only I found I was often on the edge of thrush. If this sounds a bit way out, I was already using ZF to sanitise touch points after RL bookings, so randomly thought I might try it on toys. Hasn't harmed me or the toys.

• Helpful!
Reactions: EllaM
Is regular soap a bad idea? I do boil my toys every once in a while but mostly I just wash with regular soap in between shows... From what I read here it's not really the best idea?
As long as you're rinsing it really well with hot water after it shouldn't be an issue, hasn't for me in all my years.

The data we have generally says that "antibacterial" soap isn't more effective than regular soap, and can possibly be harmful. If it doesn't help clean hands or dishes or medical instruments, I'm going to assume it doesn't help dildos, either.

And so for the most part I use whatever soap is in the bathroom and whatever variety of "hot" my faucet can provide, personally. Unless you're sharing, it's just fine for most purposes.

If you want to kill everything, boiling can help, but you need temps well above boiling in order to sterilize. Bleach is another option that I haven't seen mentioned here that can be as or more effective than boiling, but not every toy can handle it.

That practical thing that you really want to do is scrub as well as you can with any kind of soap to physically remove anything on the surface. So non-porous (non-jelly!) toys with smooth surfaces are the easiest to get clean. Toys with ridges and realistic veins and etc. are a big no from me. They're just too hard to wash adequately.

The number one thing, though: if any toy goes near your butthole, do not put it anywhere else without a deep cleaning. Don't make it easy for e coli by ever using the same toy for both holes, even if you "washed" it. Boiling should kill e coli, the main cause of UTIs. Even then, I only use smooth glass or metal for anal, because I'm most confident I can get those super clean!

Fyi, cleaning toys is always necessary but vaginas sometimes need extra help. I use the boric acid/probiotics suppositories every so often and haven't had an issue since. Lifesaver if you do toy shows or work out in tight leggings all the time.

I used regular soap only for quite a while, but was still having issues - when I clean toys with the Zoflora disinfectant along with all my other anti-T measures am absolutely fine. For me it's worth it, the hassle and impact if I am triggered is just awful. Other measures include preventing transfer from back to front, have to be vigilant in my RL SW as hands often wander between both (even though I don't offer A).

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Thanks for the thread / and forums.
GF's having related issues , so ive translated and transferred some of the relevant and helpful info above across to her.

Just a similar question / I hope no-one minds..

She does a lot of dildo anal, and seems to prefer doggy position for it.
Based on the above posts shes already swapped from using rubber/jelly/silicon(Whatever they are) -> Glass

But also a problem is gravity makes the liquid drip down, when in the doggy position.

I assume two obvious answers are.
1. Don't use so much gel
2. Use a different position.

But if anyone has any thing else to help, please reply or PM me, and I'll translate and forward it on.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.