AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you want to know (or share) about pro camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evvie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2012
Hello, ladies and gents.

As some of the models on this site are aware, I like to spend large amounts of time writing ridiculous de-facto guides on different aspects of webcamming (the links in my signature go to some of the biggest ones I've worked on lately). While there are many more successful and knowledgeable women than I, apparently I'm doing a good job explaining things, so I've kept them up for a while and ended with a collection of posts and threads that could really use some streamlining and organization.

So far, various women have said that I have been helpful, and none of them have said I have ruined them, so this has encouraged me to tackle a larger project. I want to compile a very large camgirl resource guide that will both cover the basics and some more advanced topics, at least as far as I have insight in to them.

The issue is that I only have the brain and experiences of one person, and I am having trouble both envisioning every topic I should cover, and which topics are most important.

I would really appreciate some information on what other people want to know and share when it comes to camming. I made this thread in the general section (and not model's only) on purpose, because while sometimes it miffs us when members try to give unsolicited advice, I think the member's perspective is a really valuable one and shouldn't be ignored.

♥ What do you think the most common issues are for models? What do you think all models should know? What topics do you think are important to be discussed in an information collective?

Because this is in the public section, feel free to PM me with your thoughts instead of posting them publicly. I would really value thoughts from everyone here, model and member, regardless of how long they have been in the community :D I am interested in all thoughts, regardless of how silly or insignificant you might think they are.

Here is some more info on the collective I'm working on in case people want that information:

♥ I am going to collect various guides and articles on a password-protected Tumblr blog. I feel that this would be really beneficial for organization and editing.

♥ I am interested in including both technical guides (for example, how to upload videos), different opinions and theories, and reviews and just plain information.

♥ For the foreseeable future, I am going to try to limit access only to ACF-verified models. If it works out, I do want to share the blog with non-ACF models and other sex workers.

♥ Privacy is extremely important to us and my priority will be privacy protection. Any content I've written on ACF will be double-checked and have all names removed. I am going to take several (probably very annoying) steps to maintain the privacy of the blog. Also feel free to send me any concerns you have about a blog like this being created.

Are you looking for responses about general things like lighting, cams, sound, etc., or are you looking for more specific tips about things we've picked up along the way?

AllisonWilder said:
Are you looking for responses about general things like lighting, cams, sound, etc., or are you looking for more specific tips about things we've picked up along the way?
Both! All or anything :D

Reactions: AllisonWilder
I would love it if you included any of the how-to's I've posted on this forum (like the video -> picset, or the homemade ride-a-dildo roll). I don't even expect credit, since it's entirely possible other girls figured it out on their own, and most likely I wasn't the first to do it.

Definitely include a tutorial on the advanced settings in the logitech cameras. You'll need one for the 9000 and one for the C920, because the settings seem to work a bit differently on each one. I actually plan on doing a video soon, where I play with the settings live so girls can see what they do, which I won't mind you sharing that either.

OH! Just about everything in that "new model mistakes" thread.

One of the biggest problems I had as a new model on MFC was the delicate balance between letting a member waste my time and being social and relaxed. I think a lot of newer girls have trouble with this because they want to be nice, and there are guys who forget the model needs tokens (or take advantage of that :()

And you should also cover something about it not being a model's responsibility to be someone's only friend or psychologist.

Will it be sectioned off for specific sites (the main big ones) and then general camming stuffs? I have a couple of guides & I've been wanting to write more lately. No idea if my first guide even counts for anything anymore, camming is constantly evolving, lol!

Reactions: LadyLuna
I'd like more models to know information about the things I wish I knew my first day camming on MFC. A "when you first, first get started" guide would be nice.

Stuff I wish I'd known:

-Mute guests/basics
-Rating/admiring doesn't matter
-How camscore works
-Only allow friends to PM, charge for friends list
-Dangers of Paypal
-Info/disclaimer/warning about the fact that you WILL be recorded/capped as a camgirl
-ETC (to avoid newbie mistakes)

Reactions: Evvie
The one thing I want to say MOST about camming, especially to new girls in the sex industry.

Is if you go in unwilling to put work into it, you have no right to be mad about not making it.
You can't put in nothing and get the world back.
This is my BIGGEST pet peeve with beginner cam girls.

I've seen gorgeous, intelligent women fail because of this.
I've seen people in any profession fail because of this.

FrankieChemical said:
Will it be sectioned off for specific sites (the main big ones) and then general camming stuffs? I have a couple of guides & I've been wanting to write more lately. No idea if my first guide even counts for anything anymore, camming is constantly evolving, lol!
I planning on grouping things in to two different categories; general info that could apply anywhere and info that applies to camming but isn't on one camsite (like social networking) and articles directly focused on a single website. So yes, what you said :lol:

Also, thank you everyone for your thoughts!

Chellelovesu said:
The one thing I want to say MOST about camming, especially to new girls in the sex industry.

Is if you go in unwilling to put work into it, you have no right to be mad about not making it.

It's unfortunate, but true. There are tons of beautifully hot girls who cannot make it as cam models, simply because they almost feel that because they're hot, it's all they need to make money.

That MIGHT work on sites more like Streammate where it's a lot more GOLD Shows or privates, but on a site like MFC, it won't work as well. And even on the more private oriented sites, just being hot will only get one so far, if one isn't willing to work at making the privates/etc. enjoyable for them-self and the paying customer.

There's a lot more to it, than just looks. Personality (even if it is a fake cam-only persona) can go a long way to getting regulars and repeat customers. Models who don't seem to be caring what is going on in their rooms and interacting to some degree tend to not last.

UncleThursday said:
Chellelovesu said:

It's unfortunate, but true. There are tons of beautifully hot girls who cannot make it as cam models, simply because they almost feel that because they're hot, it's all they need to make money.

That MIGHT work on sites more like Streammate where it's a lot more GOLD Shows or privates, but on a site like MFC, it won't work as well. And even on the more private oriented sites, just being hot will only get one so far, if one isn't willing to work at making the privates/etc. enjoyable for them-self and the paying customer.

There's a lot more to it, than just looks. Personality (even if it is a fake cam-only persona) can go a long way to getting regulars and repeat customers. Models who don't seem to be caring what is going on in their rooms and interacting to some degree tend to not last.

As a Streamate cam girl, I'll say you definitely can't make good money just by showing up.
There are gorgeous girls on Streamate who obviously don't make much and have bad reviews.

There's like 14 pages of girls online right now, so many of them are probably not making a good income for one reason or another. No matter what cam site you're on, you still have to be able to give a show that's worth seeing to continue getting shows.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Chellelovesu said:
As a Streamate cam girl, I'll say you definitely can't make good money just by showing up.
There are gorgeous girls on Streamate who obviously don't make much and have bad reviews.

There's like 14 pages of girls online right now, so many of them are probably not making a good income for one reason or another. No matter what cam site you're on, you still have to be able to give a show that's worth seeing to continue getting shows.

Exactly. Looks only get one so far.

I remember one girl on MFC, maybe 2 years ago, new model tag. Hot as fuck all. But, I don't think she lasted too long. Mainly because when asked what she did in private, she said it depended on how much you were tipping while in the private. So not only did she want the 60 tokens per min (80 in true), but she wanted additional tipping before she'd even get naked, or move at all. She'd just sit there if you weren't tipping during the private, and she said so herself. Bad business move, and just made her sound overly greedy.

I'm not saying a model can't strip down, etc. in a sensual and sexy way and has to be nakie in 5 seconds flat... but when she can't grasp that the member is already paying $4.77-$6 per minute of the private (depending on token packages), and will literally just sit there until the private ends if the guy isn't forking over even more money (thus reducing the total time of the private), then that girl isn't worth taking private, or tipping, IMHO.

The models who make privates fun for themselves and the members are the ones who get repeat customers for privates, on any site. The models who don't find themselves with dissatisfied customers who won't consider taking them private again.

LovelyBelle said:
-Rating/admiring doesn't matter

It doesn't, and yet it does. It gives freeloaders and basics something to do, and it's an indication of general popularity. There are models with fairly high camscores and low admires, because they've managed to reel in a few spenders, and don't bother with anyone else, or make any effort to entertain. Not every model will appeal to high spenders, for whatever reason, and will benefit from making a favourable impression on as many people as possible.

MFC would be greatly diminished if it wasn't for freeloaders and basics. The most some of them will ever do is bulk up viewer counts and rate/admire, but guys who have tokens notice full rooms, and we do check out models profiles. We notice numbers. We're not too impressed by a couple of hundred ratings, but, if a model is having a bad day when we first come across her room, seeing high thousands will lead us to believe that she may not be such an altogether dreary mess as she appears and that there may be reason to visit again at some future point.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Sevrin,

When you're a new camgirl on MFC, and you have the new model tag, there are an entire group of members who seek you out to tell you lies. One of the lies they tell you is that rating/admiring will help your camscore, and you therefore should accept rating/admiring as some sort of payment. Obviously, this isn't true. It's one thing I can remember falling prey to. I didn't fall prey to everything I listed in my previous post, but many people do. One of the reasons I didn't fall prey to more things was because of this very site.

What is funny is that I did try to do my research before I started camming, and I watched many of the top girls prior to opening up my model account. . .so that I would know what I was doing. Many of those top girls were going on about rating/admiring like it meant something important. . .so when i was fed this by the new-member-predators** it was easy bait to take. So no amount of education is too much for new camgirls.

**Disclaimer: There's also a nice group of guys that try to help newbies instead of hurt them. These aren't the guys I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.