AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What does an average member spend a month on tokens?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2016
We expect different things from different people. This has to do with the varying amounts of disposable income. But what does an average member spend (in tokens) a month on mfc you think? And what line would you consider above average?

The average member spends 0 because the number of basics and perma-20-point pervs and old users who used to spend but don't anymore is 100 times higher than the number of members who spend at any given moment. So if you spent 1 token this month, congratulations, you are doing more than 99% of members.

From the spending members I would speculate that the average member spends between 250 and 1000 tokens every month. Some crazy guys spend 1000s upon 1000s and cheap guys spend 50, or 100, but the vast majority I would say fall on the 250-1000 spectrum.

I would say @Kitsune is right on the money...literally haha. But yea from what I've seen from tokenland it seems that the average spend can be stratified into 3 tiers, the lower end being about $50-$100/mo (500-1000tks), the middle being $150-$300/mo (1500-3000tks) and the higher end being anywhere from $500 - $1000/mo (5000-10000tks).

Those are just numbers I've gained from personal experience and research, and of course they do not count the outliers of the spectrum, which are both the guys who spend almost nothing and the guys who seem to have endless token reserves.

Reactions: SuzySirenXO
It would have to depend on the model surely? ...for MFC we would be talking the camscore relationship as the 60 day average spending rate.

I spend about 15 000 tokens a month on average. I would guess that about 10 000 is the median average (perhaps double that for the true average)?
This is one question that members who visit many models may be better able to answer than individual models as they get a sense of where they fit in their favoured models rooms.

To answer this question for an individual model she should definitely look at the median member (the member who ranks in the middle of total spending), not the average. The OP will then have to average all replies together to get to some guess, but it is an interesting question Phoenix.

The median member spends 0 since the vast bulk of viewers is made up of guest, basics, and 20/0 premiums. The average is skewed by the small number of whales.

@Aella did a good survey (900 respondents) on members and their tipping and spending habits. Unfortunately, the results are no longer available maybe she'll see this thread and post. There were a lot in the $50-150 range and a surprising number in the $500-2500 range and several percent who reported spending more than $10,000/month. I know a couple of guys in that category.

In my five+ years on MFC I average just over 12,000 tokens/month.

• Helpful!
Reactions: EspiKvlt
Some months I have spent over 10,000 tokens, other months maybe 1,000. It really depends on how much time I spend on the site. Personally I only like to visit a room if I can tip well, for me the fun is in participating in a constructive way.

How much I spend off site that is an entirely different question...

The median member spends 0 since the vast bulk of viewers is made up of guest, basics, and 20/0 premiums. The average is skewed by the small number of whales.
I was referring to the median spend on a model over one month, perhaps averaged over many months. Guest, basics, and 20/0 premiums wouldn't make that list.
The whales would, but they would not skew a median figure, that was my point. The OP was asking for the median member, not the average member.

Also I have a feeling that any member who answers here is not exactly your average member.
We are all average I suspect :eggface: (probably not median though).

Reactions: Phoenix4987
Yeah I was moreso referring to the spending customers. Obviously basics/guests aren't really contributing to your average income/camscore, so they're inherently nulled. And yes I guess a better way to phrase what I was interested in was the median, the middle of that member bell-curve in a month.

@OldHippy, not really concerned with whatever money you spend off-site. And I don't think your disposable income really changes whether you spend it on tokens or strippers/whores.

Yeah I was moreso referring to the spending customers. Obviously basics/guests aren't really contributing to your average income/camscore, so they're inherently nulled. And yes I guess a better way to phrase what I was interested in was the median, the middle of that member bell-curve in a month.

@OldHippy, not really concerned with whatever money you spend off-site. And I don't think your disposable income really changes whether you spend it on tokens or strippers/whores.

I was making a joke that those of us who spend anything are in a small minority. Aella survey had a couple of questions on the topic, she doesn't post on ACF too often, but probably would respond to a PM.
Obviously, MFC would the ultimate source of info, but you aren't going to get anything from them, I think male ACFer are really atypical of MFC members.

@Aella did a good survey (900 respondents) on members and their tipping and spending habits. Unfortunately, the results are no longer available maybe she'll see this thread and post. There were a lot in the $50-150 range and a surprising number in the $500-2500 range and several percent who reported spending more than $10,000/month. I know a couple of guys in that category.

In my five+ years on MFC I average just over 12,000 tokens/month.

The total average reported per month (low end category) is $214.

If I eliminate high-end outliers, presumably the princes and whales who tip over $2500/mo (there were around 30-40 of them), the average drops down to $111/mo.

35% of respondents reported spending less than $25/mo (16% spend nothing) over the last 6 months.

Total responses numbered 966, and respondents were people who took the survey mostly from it being retweeted by camgirls on twitter.

Last edited:
Totally anecdotal I know, but my spending habits vary, as I frequent several sites. I spend about $200-300 a month, on average, between all the sites that I visit, and on occasion I have went over the $500 mark when I find a model that I "click" with. In the past I've spent my budgeted amount solely on MFC, and other times I've spent that amount solely on SM, but in the last year or so I tend to spend more on other sites due to the "disappearing model" phenomena that, to me at least, tends to plague MFC, SM and CB. Finding a model that stimulates me beyond just the physical element can be an exercise in futility, and to find one that I enjoy, only to have her disappear after 3-4 months, without warning, has a significant and negative impact on my spending on that particular site for a long while.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
The total average reported per month (low end category) is $214.

If I eliminate high-end outliers, presumably the princes and whales who tip over $2500/mo (there were around 30-40 of them), the average drops down to $111/mo.

35% of respondents reported spending less than $25/mo (16% spend nothing) over the last 6 months.

Total responses numbered 966, and respondents were people who took the survey mostly from it being retweeted by camgirls on twitter.
These numbers have been playing on my mind last night in terms of members with a capacity to spend over a certain amount per month. There are 2 critical points in member spending, the first is the 35% who spend little (< $25/mo.), the second is the top 20% who can spend over $500/mo who begin to fit into high end spending patterns. (Below are some numbers and how to estimate the percentage of members who spend over a certain amount per month.)
As a member I wonder if spending over $500/mo is the minimum it takes to truly take advantage of all that cam sites have to offer without help from other members?

The 65% of members with a capacity to spend over $25/mo drops in a pretty much linear fashion by 10% for every $111/mo (this is also 9% per $100/mo), until members spend about $600/mo (which translates to only 16% of members able to spend more than this). [Remember 50% is $214/mo.] Note: 20% can spend more than $500/mo for the linear model.

After $600/mo the linear model fails as this is where the high end calculation starts to curve off. The high end approximation works fairly well for any number even towards the average (50% - $214/mo), but $500/mo to $600/mo is the turning point. Percentage of members with a capacity to spend more than this is 10 000/ $ per month, therefore at $2500/mo, 4% of members have the capacity to spend more than this etc. [10% - $1000/mo, 2% - $5000/mo, and 20% can spend more than $500/mo under this model too.]

Do most paying members of camsites tend to be high income/high middle income?

Kind of depends on how you define those terms. What income levels are you thinking of?

I would think there would be a donut pattern. A significant number are probably lower income since it's pretty much free to hang around rooms. All you need is an internet connection and a credit card.

I think a significant number would also be at an income level that allows enough disposable income to tip regularly. No actual data but under $30K and over $90K might be more common then the ones between.
I'd be curious to know.

Reactions: MDouble00
These numbers have been playing on my mind last night in terms of members with a capacity to spend over a certain amount per month. There are 2 critical points in member spending, the first is the 35% who spend little (< $25/mo.), the second is the top 20% who can spend over $500/mo who begin to fit into high end spending patterns. (Below are some numbers and how to estimate the percentage of members who spend over a certain amount per month.)
As a member I wonder if spending over $500/mo is the minimum it takes to truly take advantage of all that cam sites have to offer without help from other members?

I am curious what you mean by capacity? A middle age single guy making 10K/month and not spending a fortune on housing has the capacity to spend $1000/month on an on-going basis and somebody making $250/year could spend $2500./month. I have certainly met members who fall into those categories. On the other hand, a guy in his late 20s who got some type of large (say $250k) windfall (inheritance, or disability payment) has the capacity to spend $2500/month+ for long periods but will affect their future standard of living. Finally, even middle-age middle-income folks say $40-50k can easily acquire credit cards, home equity loans that give them >$100K in borrowing capacity.
The sad reality is that a fair number of MFC whales are addicted and spending well beyond their capacity.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
I am curious what you mean by capacity? A middle age single guy making 10K/month and not spending a fortune on housing has the capacity to spend $1000/month on an on-going basis and somebody making $250/year could spend $2500./month. I have certainly met members who fall into those categories. On the other hand, a guy in his late 20s who got some type of large (say $250k) windfall (inheritance, or disability payment) has the capacity to spend $2500/month+ for long periods but will affect their future standard of living. Finally, even middle-age middle-income folks say $40-50k can easily acquire credit cards, home equity loans that give them >$100K in borrowing capacity.
The sad reality is that a fair number of MFC whales are addicted and spending well beyond their capacity.
Capacity in this sense simply means a regular spending habit, the willingness to actually spend this amount.. Aella's figures were for almost 1000 respondents over a 6 month period. In this sense it simply means what a member is prepared to spend based on this 6 month habit.

You are correct in that many will extend their capacity beyond what is sustainable. In terms of averages sadly others will replace them.

In reality 3/4 of members spend less than $360/mo (Only 50% will spend over $111/mo, removing the top 4% spending over $2500/mo) , so well within the budget of most: Easily affordable giving up the occasional luxury item.

First I keep all my numbers hidden on my account. Which I have no clue what that looks like for a model. As obviously I'm a premium but I just prefer not show any of my stats. I have a fairly comfortable cost of living (disposable income), but I generally won't put more than $300 into tokens for a given month. And some months if I don't think I'll be around much I put less, and some occasions I'll put more. Even as I've changed jobs or had salary bumps, I've kept my token spending habits the same as before.

Basically I never run out of tokens, but I also will never be a guy that is throwing out thousands of tokens a night/week.

Personally I like a good pvt time ($150 each), a few tip bombs ($100 each), and a few tip sessions with a variety of models (around $50 each). If I can enjoy this every few weeks I am happy. Add in helping any model friends out mid/ end of month and it soon adds up: The disposable income is pretty easily disposed of.

Reactions: Gen and a_haze420
I might be the odd man out here, but my sex drive is what affects my spending habits the most. I'm in the 50-60k income bracket and have twice the disposable income that I had 10 years ago due to the house and car being paid for, but as my age has increased(53 soon), I just don't get the craving as often as I used to, so I don't spend what a younger man might spend in that regard. That doesn't mean that a particular model can't stimulate me into a tipping session, it just means that I don't go to any particular site without first having the urge in the first place.

...what line would you consider above average?
Didn't really answer this question... my initial guess was way way off. Now with some more concrete info, will have another more moderated guess.

For those spending over $25/mo and excluding more obscene spending (over $2500/mo), I'd consider the average for those spending but not overspending at around $340 per month.

About an hour of private spending a month for each spending member (60% of all members) on average.... a nice easy reference figure, especially for anyone wondering what is affordable for the average member.

So as a very very rough estimate of member spending. For every 100 members who visit over a month, 60 will spend an equivalent of about 60 hours of pvt entertainment value, 35 will share just over 1 hour, and 4 will spend up to another 60 hours. Total around 120 hours of pvt entertainment value, costing about $40 000 to these members.

Break such figures down daily and on average there is $6 an hour spent for every 10 members, $15 per hour for a model on average takes about 50 member visits each hour? (A ridiculous way to think of it as 2 of these would statistically be high spenders spending $3.)

• Funny!
Reactions: rstanton
Status
Not open for further replies.