AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What exactly are the rules for 'stepping away from the camera'?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57885

Hey everyone!
Context: So, as a celebration, I budgeted out an oil baron's worth of tokens to do a special 'spending whale day' and do a private the model's entire shift (no-spy). I already talked this through with her, and we're both down for it.
Obviously, her available time of 5ish hours is a long time, and I figured that there'd be breaks throughout (e.g. bathroom, getting a coffee, getting fresh air, whatever). Side note: she's a non-nude model, so it's actually mostly chatting / watching a scary movie / some teasing-- nothing crazy.

My question is: Given there'll be breaks where she'll almost certainly be off camera for extended periods of time... will this possibly be a TOS issue? I heard of CB giving "away from cam" warnings, and I wouldn't want her to get in trouble for a silly reason like this. Obviously, I'm cool with her being away from cam, and 'no-spy' would be on, so member reports would be very unlikely. I've seen very mixed responses on the topic of being away from cam though, where I can't tell if it's a TOS issue but not enforced, a TOS issue that is enforced, or not a TOS issue at all. I looked through the CB TOS, but nothing particularly stuck out to me as a problem.

I'm just wanting to double check with this before on the off chance it actually is an issue and we need to figure something else out!

Thanks for the responses!

I don't think there's an issue if it's expressly written in the chat logs during the private that you're fine with breaks. There's a whole ignore fetish were dudes pay for models to ignore them, do chores or whatever they want even off cam. Obviously a bigger issue if she left in free chat but I'd that was what you wanted I don't see how chaturbate could possibly have an issue with it. I'd personally keep to shorter breaks incase there's tech issues.

Upvote 0
Everyone who will answer this question will do so from speculation. No one knows the exact rule or why some users get hit with a warning and not others.

I've personally received a warning for being away from my cam while I was alone, in my password protected room, and testing code on the public servers. *shrug*.

My best advice would be to ask CB directly. One alternative suggestion is to pay for your time upfront, and then request a password show. This way there isn't a public chat to inturrupt and the broadcaster could stop/leave at anytime... then return to only you again.

I've read a couple of random posts that claimed very long privates were not saved to the buyers collection. If your favorite broadcaster allows for the recording of privates, you may very well be better off splitting your time into 2 hr increments with a break in-between!

Cheers and have fun!
Cexmental

Upvote 0
I can speak directly to this as it happened to me. No warning , stream stopped and I was banned. When I wrote into support they said I was away from cam too long. I never recall being gone for more than 15 minutes. Now I only go away for like a 1 minute bathroom break.

Upvote 1
I've seen people do away from cam for 30 minutes at a time. I haven't heard of anyone having an issue.
Like most rules on CB it usually comes from reports on the room. And CB does not tend to enforce the rules on all equally. I mean I have seen some models sleep on cam for like 10 minutes or more and not have issues. So it’s kinda like selective rule enforcement.

Upvote 0
In a way it's kinda understandable cause you're stressing CB's server with useless stream time. Considering the influx of members due to covid CB is already experiencing some issues on that part.

Sounds like it's better to have her do a password show and go offline when she needs to be off cam. Better safe than sorry

Upvote 0
I've read a couple of random posts that claimed very long privates were not saved to the buyers collection. If your favorite broadcaster allows for the recording of privates, you may very well be better off splitting your time into 2 hr increments with a break in-between!
I sent an email to CB support specifically asking about 5 hours, because I was concerned about this too.

Their response:
"Thank you for your question. We can share that there is no need to worry about the length of the private show and/or recording for it to be saved to your collection. "
Seems I'm in the clear on this part ...theoretically. The longest private I've had so far with the model has been 2h and 30 minutes for a (I believe) 1080p stream, and that seemed to be saved no problem also.

Upvote 0
I sent an email to CB support specifically asking about 5 hours, because I was concerned about this too.

Their response:

Seems I'm in the clear on this part ...theoretically. The longest private I've had so far with the model has been 2h and 30 minutes for a (I believe) 1080p stream, and that seemed to be saved no problem also.

I don't know whether it is due to the length of the video or due to the size of the video file, but my experience on chaturbate is: Twice I've had privates that lasted longer than 7 hours, and both times they have not been recorded correctly and they didn't show up in my collection (and support knows that too, they told me both times that they are unfortunately not able to restore the recording). But the recording function always worked without any problems for me up to 5.5 hours, and I've had many privates that lasted 3.5-5.5 hours (and also in 1080p, as you mention, but furtheremore, there are of course different types of 1080p...). To be on the "safe" side, if I were you, I would briefly interrupt the pvt after 3-4 hours and restart it.

And, by the way, because that was your initial question: breaks in the meaning of "stepping away from the camera" have never been a problem that caused a warning by support. Whereby these breaks within a pvt have never been longer than a maximum of 5-10 minutes. But to be on the safe side, it might make sense for the model to turn off the spy function for such a pvt. It might be that spyers react maliciously and report the model if they are spying at this exact moment and then see an empty room. And in my experience, there are a lot of idiots who denounce "trivialities" like that to support.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: Went for the pvt, it was saved. It was a no-spy pvt for reference. However, it ultimately was saved in an 1.5 hour chunk and 3.5 hour chunk (7.25ish GB). During a longer break where she walked off cam in the 1.5 hour chunk, the screen went black for a bit then to a "Performer is Away" screen. It seemed like about 10-15 minutes gone is when it did the switch. I hit the pvt button (faster than the others lol) and restarted the pvt, and had no issues after that. No warning as far as I know, or at least she didn't mention it.

In other words... it all worked out well, and it was a fun day! Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom :)

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.