AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What features would you like to see on a cam site?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HiGirlsRHot said:
Say a model is primarily doing gold shows, (which is pretty much the only models I visit on SM). but somebody wants to take her private either exclusive or regular... She is whisked away with little choice from what I understand. I maybe in mid sentence with another member (i.e regular of her room) suddenly I am at the foyer. I don't know if the private is going to last a minute or 15 minutes.
[quote="yummybrownfox"
Models don't get the choice to accept or deny premium sessions (which is shitty, in my opinion). Models do get a choice for exclusives though.[/quote]
I'm not 100% sure that this is a big issue. If a model is only doing gold shows, she can load up a "holder" gold show (with a description like, "just taking a break right now") so nobody attempts exclusives/privates, which is a fairly common practice. Models always have the options to deny exclusives, and if she misses the notification, they are auto-denied. And if a model is taken to private, none of the members are kicked out of the room, and she can immediately leave back to public chat in a few seconds. Models can also ratchet up the price of privates so they are very unlikely to be chosen.

I agree that it is shitty privates are auto-accepted, but it's also probably not a big enough issue that anything will ever be done about it.

I'm also with Allison when it comes to members chatting. On Streamate, the focus is between model/member interaction, not member/member interaction, and our chatrooms are not supposed to be an open forum where members can meet and socialize amongst themselves. Obviously all models run their rooms differently, but I would actually be kind of upset if a top goal in my room was for members to chat with each other. If I'm in exclusive and there is no chance another member could interact with me, there is no need for my chatroom to be open.

As a last point, you may have noticed that all model streams are on a one or two second delay (you may notice the chat update with the model's text just before she starts typing, for example). If a model gets an invitation for exclusive, says goodbye to the room, and immediately accepts it, her feed may be cut off before she announces she's leaving, making it look like she just disappeared. So I think in a lot of situations it may look like the model has no control over where she's going, but she very likely does.

Evvie said:
I agree that it is shitty privates are auto-accepted, but it's also probably not a big enough issue that anything will ever be done about it.

I know that nothing will be done about it, but members should at least ask models ("Can we do private now?") before clicking the button for premium. And if the profile/room topic says 'no premium', then the member needs to respect that. A while ago, when I wasn't aware of how SM works, I was wondering why a particular SM model told a guy "I'm not doing private...please don't keep clicking the button for it, or I will ban you." Now I know why...because he's forcing her out of public chat every time he clicks that button, and he's going against her wishes after she specifically said 'no privates'. If members want to be stupid and repeatedly ignore a model's request, they deserve to get banned.

Evvie said:

"If I'm in exclusive and there is no chance another member could interact with me, there is no need for my chatroom to be open."

Except that if you are having a lot of exclusives, it's really annoying for the members to be kicked into the foyer every time. It's not really about socializing with other members--shoot, on SM most of them seem sub-humanoid anyway. lol It's about being able to wait for the model to return without having to refresh in the foyer 900 times.

Also, I hate the feature where members can mute themselves to other members. It's not about wanting to socialize with them; it's about models holding two, three or seventeen conversations at once and no individual member has any idea when she's responding to them, and not someone else. My idea is to make the "eye" button something you have to click for each post you want muted, while the default would be unmuted.

I basically spend my time on MFC. And, for the most part, I'm happy with the actual cam show and features. However, I would like a better way to organize my MFC mail. The main thing I think would be nice is if you could organize your mail by model's name. So if I have been talking to 5 models over the past 2 months and still have all the mails, I'd like to be able to group them so that all of model A's e-mails are together, the all of model B's etc.

Also, I'd like to be able to log in anonymously. Sometimes I log in to check e-mails and don't have time to stay, chat, tip and watch shows but there are some people on my friends list that like to PM me when I log on. I don't want to be rude or ignore them, but it'd be nice to just slip in and slip out.

Reactions: LadyLuna
ILikeUonTop said:
Also, I'd like to be able to log in anonymously. Sometimes I log in to check e-mails and don't have time to stay, chat, tip and watch shows but there are some people on my friends list that like to PM me when I log on. I don't want to be rude or ignore them, but it'd be nice to just slip in and slip out.
Log into the profiles site. You can read all your mail there without showing up online. Click the My Profile link.

Reactions: ILikeUonTop
Nordling said:
Evvie said:

"If I'm in exclusive and there is no chance another member could interact with me, there is no need for my chatroom to be open."

Except that if you are having a lot of exclusives, it's really annoying for the members to be kicked into the foyer every time. It's not really about socializing with other members--shoot, on SM most of them seem sub-humanoid anyway. lol It's about being able to wait for the model to return without having to refresh in the foyer 900 times.

If I girl is going private or exclusive on Streammates lots of time I just log out rather than go through the refresh cycle. On MFC if a model goes private, i can go read email, ACF etc., and when I hear her voice I know she is back and will continue the countdown.

Plus Evvie don't underestimate the ability of other members to talk up their favorite model. New guy has spent 5 minutes watching the girl asked about videos, skypes etc. Just about that time the model goes private/exclusive. Rather than all of us get dumped into the foyer like on SM, on MFC we can stay and chat. one her regulars will talk about how great the models videos/skypes and in general talk her up while she is earning money in private. New guys sticks around and when the private ends watches the model a bit more and buys something. I've been on both sides of this interaction many times. I suspect that unless the models go back and read the chat log they have no idea what has happened. On Streammate if is a girl that I'm not familiar with and she goes into private, I am gone and that sales will never happen.

Reactions: Nordling
Kradek said:
ILikeUonTop said:
Log into the profiles site. You can read all your mail there without showing up online. Click the My Profile link.

How did I not know you could do that? Thanks!

PlayboyMegan said:
A good idea would be to write that persons name in the chat box right when the pvt starts so you can look back and see who recorded and uploaded your shows.

Yeah, I should do that for when models record and upload me sleeping... er... wait...

But, truthfully, anyone recording a private or anything else, isn't going to be recording the entire window, just the cam stream. However, if you have Manycam or something like that, you can put their name in the cam window.

But, remember, if it isn't a true private that there can be spies. So assuming that it is the person in the private doing the recording in a regular private isn't always going to be the case. Spies can record just as easily. I've had models tell me after a private that there was a spy for the whole time we were in there. Since it's only 20 tokens/min to spy, they get the same show, just no interaction, for cheaper. So, if I do a 15 minute regular private, it costs me 900 tokens, but a spy could watch the whole thing for only 300 tokens. I also know one girl who when she did her first private made more from spies than she did from the private... as in 3x more. That's how many spies she had.

So, unless you keep track of how many spies are in each regular private (something I assume would be more trouble than it is worth on your end), automatically assuming the member taking you private is potentially recording isn't always the best course of thinking.

Obviously if it is a true private, well, only one person can be recording that if it happens.

Reactions: LadyLuna
SNATCH said:
I'd really like the option to have a password protected room feature... Reason being, if I can't finish my countdown, but I want to take the tippers someplace to finish said countdown, because they actively participated... Well, I'd like to do that.

Some models do this with member rooms. If they don't finish a countdown, but had high tippers contributing to most of it, they'll PM them their member name, and start a member room to finish what the contributors already paid for. Not ideal, but possible on MFC.

Chaturbate does, though, have password protected rooms for situations like you mentioned.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Nordling said:
Evvie said:

If I girl is going private or exclusive on Streammates lots of time I just log out rather than go through the refresh cycle. On MFC if a model goes private, i can go read email, ACF etc., and when I hear her voice I know she is back and will continue the countdown.

Plus Evvie don't underestimate the ability of other members to talk up their favorite model. New guy has spent 5 minutes watching the girl asked about videos, skypes etc. Just about that time the model goes private/exclusive. Rather than all of us get dumped into the foyer like on SM, on MFC we can stay and chat. one her regulars will talk about how great the models videos/skypes and in general talk her up while she is earning money in private. New guys sticks around and when the private ends watches the model a bit more and buys something. I've been on both sides of this interaction many times. I suspect that unless the models go back and read the chat log they have no idea what has happened. On Streammate if is a girl that I'm not familiar with and she goes into private, I am gone and that sales will never happen.

While I agree that members can really talk up their favorite models (which is really great, honestly), if there's a member in an SM chat asking about Skype, he's probably not the guy I want around anyway. (It's against the rules to give out contact info so it's risking her account to even mention it.)

And to probably make myself sound even more like a jerk (I'm really not a jerk, I swear :icon-cry: ), if there's a member that's been in my chat for a few minutes and sees me get taken private/exclusive, he still has the option to add me to his favorites list to come back and see me another time or to send me an email within the system. If he can't be bothered to check back when he sees me back from private later, then he obviously wasn't that interested in the first place.

Also, if a model is having a lot of privates/exclusives, that should really speak volumes about the model in the first place.

----

And members on SM aren't sub-humanoid, they just have very specific wants/needs/desires and most don't seem to want to socialize with anyone but the model, which is okay. Streamate is a really social site, it's just social more in the aspect that the members are talking to the model and not in the community-feel way of MFC where everyone talks to each other.

:twocents-02cents:

Edit!
I just want to clarify that I do understand that it is terribly inconvenient to be kicked out of the room when you're able to stay in for the duration of a regular private or even during a break. I guess in Streamate's mind (not that I speak for Streamate as a whole, of course) they're probably thinking if they kick you out, you'll go find another model to spend your hard-earned money on.

Edit again!
I'm sorry this got so long. I tend to ramble these days. :?

Reactions: Gen and LadyLuna
When I said sub-humanoid, I wasn't saying all...after all I don't think of myself that way. lol But huge numbers of SM members (and MFC members for that matter) seem to communicate in a language that has nothing to do with needs. Yeah, they have needs, but that isn't my objection, it's the neanderthal way they communicate their needs, remarks and questions, and my point was, they are not the type of people I care to chit chat with. Not that I'm better than them, they're simply not my bag :)

UncleThursday said:
SNATCH said:
I'd really like the option to have a password protected room feature... Reason being, if I can't finish my countdown, but I want to take the tippers someplace to finish said countdown, because they actively participated... Well, I'd like to do that.

Some models do this with member rooms. If they don't finish a countdown, but had high tippers contributing to most of it, they'll PM them their member name, and start a member room to finish what the contributors already paid for. Not ideal, but possible on MFC.

Chaturbate does, though, have password protected rooms for situations like you mentioned.

Yeah, I def tried the member room thing on MFC, but the thing is, if I want to have my cam running, && have people in my invitation only member room, it makes my cam public?? :(. Unless they changed this lately?

I just made a test room, changed it to my webcam instead of lounge style video, && it says this "I understand that my webcam privacy preferences will be temporarily modified to that everyone can view my webcam."

However, I did just try to get into 2 different friends only rooms, && could not. The video didn't load. So does this just mean that they change the cam privacy settings so that ONLY people on your friends list can see?

SNATCH said:
UncleThursday said:
SNATCH said:

Yeah, I def tried the member room thing on MFC, but the thing is, if I want to have my cam running, && have people in my invitation only member room, it makes my cam public?? :(. Unless they changed this lately?

I just made a test room, changed it to my webcam instead of lounge style video, && it says this "I understand that my webcam privacy preferences will be temporarily modified to that everyone can view my webcam."

However, I did just try to get into 2 different friends only rooms, && could not. The video didn't load. So does this just mean that they change the cam privacy settings so that ONLY people on your friends list can see?

Hope this helps.

GXY4WuE.jpg

i468qDT.jpg

Reactions: SNATCH and Gen
ZoeiReece said:
BITCOIN funding and payouts.

Any currency depends on others being willing to accept it in exchange for goods and services or other currency. Unless you're planning to spend it on a place like Silk Road, there is no reason to prefer Bitcoin to national currencies, and to USD in particular.

Bitcoin is trendy, but it wouldn't be so fun if you found that you earned half of what you thought you had from one day to the next. Or found that it had gone the way of LR and become worthless with the bang of a gavel. It's all fun and games until someone loses their entire savings. Bitcoin is going to be even more attractive to underworld financiers, now that LR has gone down, and there is no guarantee that it will be around forever.

Reactions: AmberCutie
just simple desires on my end... I'd like a search for emotes, [like MFC's search, Cbates are a mess and hard to find.] and then the Mod function added to a site design similar to MFC.

Reactions: emptiedglass
Sevrin said:
ZoeiReece said:

Any currency depends on others being willing to accept it in exchange for goods and services or other currency. Unless you're planning to spend it on a place like Silk Road, there is no reason to prefer Bitcoin to national currencies, and to USD in particular.

Bitcoin is trendy, but it wouldn't be so fun if you found that you earned half of what you thought you had from one day to the next. Or found that it had gone the way of LR and become worthless with the bang of a gavel. It's all fun and games until someone loses their entire savings. Bitcoin is going to be even more attractive to underworld financiers, now that LR has gone down, and there is no guarantee that it will be around forever.

This time last year I might have agreed with you, but you might be surprised just how much you can buy with bitcoin these days. It's 2013 and the bitcoin economy is maturing rapidly. While you might not be able to pay your rent with it, you can get giftcards for pretty much every major retailler and pre-loaded debit cards for the rest. Each day more people are supporting it.

As for the government, Fincen has given it something of an approval, and the very nature of the bitcoin network means it's very hard to legislate against. Even if digital currency became illegal, bitcoin would still be there. It might be harder to get, and it might be worth less, but it won't be worthless.

ZoeiReece said:
Sevrin said:
ZoeiReece said:

This time last year I might have agreed with you, but you might be surprised just how much you can buy with bitcoin these days. It's 2013 and the bitcoin economy is maturing rapidly. While you might not be able to pay your rent with it, you can get giftcards for pretty much every major retailler and pre-loaded debit cards for the rest. Each day more people are supporting it.

As for the government, Fincen has given it something of an approval, and the very nature of the bitcoin network means it's very hard to legislate against. Even if digital currency became illegal, bitcoin would still be there. It might be harder to get, and it might be worth less, but it won't be worthless.

Harder to get and worth less is not a good thing for any currency and eventually, depending on how hard it is to get and use, it will be essentially worthless for the majority of people.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/05/feds-seize-money-from-top-bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox/

Status
Not open for further replies.