AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What features would you like to see on a cam site?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funsizechikk

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 26, 2013
There are so many cam websites out there. The ones you use what are they missing to you? Is there something you wished they had or did? How would you improve cam4 or mfc?

XX Veronika XX

I think mfc have the best features, par contre streamate is not good enough for me, it have small chat and many other negatives.
I haven't work at any other site for comment about the features.

I wish there were the possility to answer the site it self the comon questions! Not like the saved messeges at SM, something automatic and clever like the pandora box :lol:
for example,
What's your name? How old are you? Do you squirt? Show me your ass bb! etc
I'm tired to answer the same and the same questions

I spend most of my time on MFC, but sometimes one of the models I know works on Chaturbate. I hate losing the ability to ninja tip when I am there, my tipping is only the models business not the entire rooms.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
I know a few of the models I hang with would like a life time ban option on mfc. I'd like to be able to backup my mfc mail box to my regular email so I don't lose anything important when it hits the limit and starts deleting old messages.

What I'd like to see on MyFreeCams:

*The ability to perma-ban (there are some members who truly deserve a perma-ban after I've given them enough chances to redeem themselves of the fucktardness)
*The ability to log into the model web broadcaster in privacy without people on my friends list PMing me (no offense...sometimes I just wanna edit my 'BANS' list, etc. without feeling obligated to chitchat)
*Get rid of the rate/admire feature. Members think they're doing a model a huge favor by rating/admiring her, but it does absolutely nothing. And I'm sick of having to smile and say 'thank you' for something that doesn't benefit me (but I thank them anyway just to show good manners).
*Instead of having 3 different groups (guests, basics, premiums), just have 2 groups: guests and premiums. The people who haven't yet upgraded should just remain nameless (guest12345, etc.). People who actually contribute to the site should be the only ones able to have cool screen names.

What I'd like to see on Streamate:

*The 'first 30 seconds are free' feature eliminated from premium/exclusive sessions. This feature is silly, and too many people abuse it.
*The ability to block a member from chat even after he's left the room
*The option to accept or deny premium sessions; to be able to disable premium sessions (for those of us who prefer exclusive only)
*To be allowed to direct members to our Twitter profiles without getting suspended/banned
*An 'Away' status (like what MFC has) to show on the screen when we're getting dressed after a private show

What I'd like to see on ImLive:

*The 'first 20 seconds are free' feature eliminated from private shows.
*No more chargebacks!

Jessi said:
Getting rid of the basic class on MFC

This is something I'd hate to see, honestly. If you're forced to go from guest to premium, no one will ever visit MFC with the intent to go premium. They'll think it's a scam. It also keeps that "free" meaningful in the website's name. Guest to basic is still such a huge step in terms of interaction. Basic to Premium is another huge step.
You don't know what the site offers to premiums or even basics, as a guest, why would you go premium?

Going basic is like a huge advertisement for going premium. You have all these cool new features, the ability to follow models, larger interaction with the models who don't mute basics (I'm from a time where basics as a whole were not mutable), but then the website tells you, "You can do way more for $20!".

yummybrownfox said:
What I'd like to see on MyFreeCams:

*The ability to perma-ban (there are some members who truly deserve a perma-ban after I've given them enough chances to redeem themselves of the fucktardness)
*The ability to log into the model web broadcaster in privacy without people on my friends list PMing me (no offense...sometimes I just wanna edit my 'BANS' list, etc. without feeling obligated to chitchat)
*Get rid of the rate/admire feature. Members think they're doing a model a huge favor by rating/admiring her, but it does absolutely nothing. And I'm sick of having to smile and say 'thank you' for something that doesn't benefit me (but I thank them anyway just to show good manners).
*Instead of having 3 different groups (guests, basics, premiums), just have 2 groups: guests and premiums. The people who haven't yet upgraded should just remain nameless (guest12345, etc.). People who actually contribute to the site should be the only ones able to have cool screen names.

What I'd like to see on Streamate:

*The 'first 30 seconds are free' feature eliminated from premium/exclusive sessions. This feature is silly, and too many people abuse it.
*The ability to block a member from chat even after he's left the room
*The option to accept or deny premium sessions; to be able to disable premium sessions (for those of us who prefer exclusive only)
*To be allowed to direct members to our Twitter profiles without getting suspended/banned
*An 'Away' status (like what MFC has) to show on the screen when we're getting dressed after a private show

This doesn't happen too often but I agree 100% with YBF. I don't care what they call it guests or basics , but there should only one class of freeloaders. I'd say get rid of the guest class so it is easy for models to ban long time freeloading basics. Most sites require you to supply an email address and pick a username, so I don't I think it is unreasonable to have to do this for MFC. I'd also restrict prevent basics/guests for using full screen viewed. Personally, I'd even require an age verification (i.e. credit card) to sign up, but MFC business model is probably smarter albeit slimier .

* Make reward points a lot more valuable than they are today. Right now there is precious little more that I get now than I do as a $20 premium; friends list,the thanks of some models, and a lot of content. The current reward system is a joke, colored fonts be still my heart :-x . A tiered system at say 100, 500,1000, 5000, 10,000, 50,000, and 100,000 reward point should made with more features, free/discounted tokens, special shows only available to high reward members etc.
* A way for models to temporarily block basics and members who haven't tipped more than X tokens in the last Y minutes. Or perhaps just a way to insert an ad talking about the benefits of becoming a premium. Used strategically just before the member or model cums :D could be pretty annoying. I think nagging works if you use a product or service enough
* A configurable tip counter (e.g. don't count ninja tips for the countdown.)
* Steal Streammates gold feature, but have it automatically convert to group rather than stop when the time runs out.
* MFC should enforce their rules or change them.

Streammates
* When models take a private allow members to continue chatting in her room, builds a sense of community
* The ability for models to extend gold shows.

Some changes I'd make on Streamate:

*Increase the 30 seconds it gives us to get dressed before kicking us back to public chat to a minute so I wouldn't have to take a break to finish getting dressed.
*Reduce the free 30 seconds to 10-15 seconds. 10-15 seconds should be plenty of time to make sure that audio/video is working appropriately.
*If you're already in a show, anyone that pops in should be charged and the 30 seconds free thing should not apply. I can't even explain how distracting and frustrating this is.
*Make it possible to message members even if they haven't messaged us first. Sometimes I just want to say thank you for an awesome time and I can't because they haven't messaged me first.

HiGirlsRHot said:
This doesn't happen too often but I agree 100% with YBF. I don't care what they call it guests or basics , but there should only one class of freeloaders. I'd say get rid of the guest class so it is easy for models to ban long time freeloading basics. Most sites require you to supply an email address and pick a username, so I don't I think it is unreasonable to have to do this for MFC. I'd also restrict prevent basics/guests for using full screen viewed. Personally, I'd even require an age verification (i.e. credit card) to sign up, but MFC business model is probably smarter albeit slimier.

:thumbleft:

And you're right...that 100% agreement rarely happens with me and you. *gasp*

Reactions: Gen and SerenaMoon
HiGirlsRHot said:
* Steal Streammates gold feature, but have it automatically convert to group rather than stop when the time runs out.
* MFC should enforce their rules or change them.
If MFC adopted the SM gold show I would die. It fosters this idea of "tip the minimum" and the fact that if you don't reach your goal you either do the show for next to nothing or forfeit the money is depressing. I did so many $20 gold shows back when I was there because I felt like $6 is better than $0. On MFC, guys are in my room more for conversation than the cum show so it'd almost be a guaranteed way to save themselves money. Tip a little bit so I stick around and hang and then hope I still do the show even without reaching the countdown. SM and MFC have fostered 2 very different cultures and gold shows are a big part if that.

As for enforcing the rules, some of them, like the public nudity one, are there to cover their ass. MFC would stop being what it is if they enforced that one, but they can't get rid of it either.

If I could change something about MFC I'd allow models to have access to logs of public chat and PMs. If the members can do that, why can't we?

SexyStephXS said:
If I could change something about MFC I'd allow models to have access to logs of public chat and PMs. If the members can do that, why can't we?

You have your public chat logs in the same place as your PM chat logs, so long as you typed in the public chat. Same with group.

AmberCutie said:
SexyStephXS said:

You have your public chat logs in the same place as your PM chat logs, so long as you typed in the public chat. Same with group.
Why don't the chat logs from private shows get saved? :think:

LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
SexyStephXS said:

Do they not? I haven't done a private in a couple years so I just don't have access to see if they do or not. I would say you'd have to actually type in the chat to have it save, if they do save at all.

AmberCutie said:
SexyStephXS said:

So like if you start your room with "hi" you will get the public chat log? Good to know :h:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
SexyStephXS said:

Do they not? I haven't done a private in a couple years so I just don't have access to see if they do or not. I would say you'd have to actually type in the chat to have it save, if they do save at all.
They don't. Not if you as a model don't type anything during the private, that is.
I just looked through my chat logs and my last private where the log was saved was sometime in April, apparently because I used a little 'good night' emote at the end. So your theory is correct :)

LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
SexyStephXS said:

They don't. Not if you as a model don't type anything during the private, that is.
I just looked through my chat logs and my last private where the log was saved was sometime in April, apparently because I used a little 'good night' emote at the end. So your theory is correct :)
Ok, so it works the same as public and group chat.

AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
Yet another reason to always say 'Hi' when entering a room; saved chat logs. :)

Two status boxes. One for your sites, video deals, or common questions that stay on the side and you don't have to update. And another for your goals/ what you are doing/ playing nowthat you can update. Either that or a separate countdown box that you have the option of enabling every tip goes towards it or you change it yourself.

JerryBoBerry said:
AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
Yet another reason to always say 'Hi' when entering a room; saved chat logs. :)
A good idea would be to write that persons name in the chat box right when the pvt starts so you can look back and see who recorded and uploaded your shows.

AmberCutie said:
SexyStephXS said:

For anyone baffled as to where to find these, there doesn't seem to be an easy/direct link at least in the model admin area, but I have it bookmarked (and so should you!)

http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/chat_logs.php

HiGirlsRHot said:
I'm curious as to what you mean by this! Do you mean, once the gold show has already started, the model should have the option to extend the timer if she wishes?

HiGirlsRHot said:
Streammates
* When models take a private allow members to continue chatting in her room, builds a sense of community

I may be in the minority, but I actually disagree with this. Members can already chat among themselves (if they haven't hidden their text) and I find that the more conversation going on between myself and members, the less likely it is that someone will come in and interrupt to whisk me to private/exclusive. I can only imagine how much harder things would be if members were hanging out and chatting instead of heading off to private.

AllisonWilder said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Streammates

I may be in the minority, but I actually disagree with this. Members can already chat among themselves (if they haven't hidden their text) and I find that the more conversation going on between myself and members, the less likely it is that someone will come in and interrupt to whisk me to private/exclusive. I can only imagine how much harder things would be if members were hanging out and chatting instead of heading off to private.
I agree with HiGirls here if he means Exclusive. It's really annoying when in a model's room where every time she goes exclusive, her room is destroyed for the remaining members...they have to return to the "foyer" and keep refreshing to find out when she's available again. With regular privates I kind of have mixed feelings. If members can't continue chatting while the model is occupied, they're likely to just go to someone else's room, but yeah, I can see they may need an incentive to join the private...if that even works, since on SM most members have their "eye" closed so no one can see their text anyway.

Nordling said:
AllisonWilder said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Streammates

I agree with HiGirls here if he means Exclusive. It's really annoying when in a model's room where every time she goes exclusive, her room is destroyed for the remaining members...they have to return to the "foyer" and keep refreshing to find out when she's available again. With regular privates I kind of have mixed feelings. If members can't continue chatting while the model is occupied, they're likely to just go to someone else's room, but yeah, I can see they may need an incentive to join the private...if that even works, since on SM most members have their "eye" closed so no one can see their text anyway.

That is exactly what I mean. Say a model is primarily doing gold shows, (which is pretty much the only models I visit on SM). but somebody wants to take her private either exclusive or regular... She is whisked away with little choice from what I understand. I maybe in mid sentence with another member (i.e regular of her room) suddenly I am at the foyer. I don't know if the private is going to last a minute or 15 minutes.

It actually happen while I was typing this reply. Fortunately she came back before I finished typing this otherwise I would have logged off SM and the model would have had one less gold show customer. But if I can chat with some other regulars while she is doing her private I won't leave.

The strength of MFC is it is community, the weakness of MFC is that it is too easy to get good entertainment for a little or no money and this encourages freeloaders.
The strength of Streammate is does a good job of discouraging freeloaders, it is weakness is no sense of community develops.

It seems to me both sites would do well to steal from the other. They could move in the others direction without destroying their essential nature. Cause ideally i want to camsite which combines elements of both.

I'm not sure this was mentioned, but it would be nice if the camsite hosted the model's videos and picture sets, and allowed models to have a marketplace section on their profiles where members could purchase them for tokens.

Evvie said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
I'm curious as to what you mean by this! Do you mean, once the gold show has already started, the model should have the option to extend the timer if she wishes?

I'd like for the model to the option to transform the show into a private show on Streammate and go from a prepay gold show, which doesn't exist on MFC, into a group show on MFC. The members would have the options to drop out obviously rather than pay more money, but if the show was good I'm sure some of us would stick around. On streammate the models would still need to do what they promised on the gold show, but if she wants to bring out the hitachi, and add anal she could do so for additional cost.

I'd really like the option to have a password protected room feature... Reason being, if I can't finish my countdown, but I want to take the tippers someplace to finish said countdown, because they actively participated... Well, I'd like to do that.

I would also like the option to put myself into Group.

Def YES for the option to perma ban, rather than just 60 day ban. Or at least, to be able to select more than one name to 60 day ban.

I would still like to be able to have a room mod who can ignore, && ban people.

Status
Not open for further replies.