AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What information can models see about users?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2023
I am fairly recent to SC, but I consider myself a good user and tipper. Having said that I was recently "called out" by a model for being in another room.

I am not quite sure if she saw me, saw my tokens go down even tho I keep my token information under "settings" invisible or what. So my question/s are this :

- Can a model see how many tokens I have regardless of the setting?
- Can a model see my token history?
- Can a model see if I am in another room through some sort of tool on the site?

Best,

No, only if you have it set to "Visible to models" (or whatever the wording is.)

I believe not, (certainly SC says no) but I have personally had interactions with a couple of models a few years ago that made me think, maybe. But, In truth it would be a breech of our privacy if SC allowed such info to be known to models. There is no reason for a model to need to know who we have been tipping.

- Can a model see if I am in another room through some sort of tool on the site?
Not that I am aware of.

I am fairly recent to SC, but I consider myself a good user and tipper. Having said that I was recently "called out" by a model for being in another room.

I am not quite sure if she saw me, saw my tokens go down even tho I keep my token information under "settings" invisible or what.
Did the model know which room you were in? Or did she generally "accuse" you of being online but not in her room?

A couple of thoughts,
  • Are you and this model (let's call her model A) "friends"? ( I mean SC's usage of this term, not are you actually *friends*).
  • Are you a knight in the room of the other model (Model B) you were visiting?
If you and Model A are SC Friends, then when you are online, beside your avatar in the lists of friends of anyone with whom you are friends, will apear a green dot showing you as online.

If you are a knight in Model B's room, It is possible that a google search of your username plus the SC domain may return pages of rooms in which you are a knight. But Model A would have to actually make the effort of doing that google search.

Were you actually in *both* rooms at once? (If so I hope you were tipping in both rooms also). If you were in both rooms, and tipping only in Model B's room, did you "level up" during that time? In that case It would have ben obvious to Model A that you must have been in another room, since you were not tipping in hers.

It could also have just been "dumb luck" that Model A happened to visit Model B's room herself when you were there and saw you interacting there.

Regardless of any of this, unless you were in both rooms but only tipping in model B's room ( a *very* disrespectful thing to do in my opinion), I would suggest moving on from Model A, she is showing signs of being one of the (thankfully few) "jealous" models who do not like when we users visit other models.

I am unsure if any of this is clear or makes sense to you, my mind is a little foggy at the moment ;)

Reactions: Jairoman and Hiunds
Upvote 0
It's been aswered so many times, but of course you wouldn't bother to check and want the answer delivered to you.
Planned to ignore it for that reason, but since @Ozzie_ already responded and since he isn't a model, so doesn't see how things look from our side I will tell you.

- No. Not if you hide it in settings, it would be pointless to even have that options in settings if we could, don't you think?
- No. I can only see what you spent in my room, not on other models. I can however figure out how much you spent in total on other models excluding me by looking at your rank if you're not hiding it.
- No. That would be insane.

I would love it if cam site members stopped making up conspiracy theories and asking these questions every week and finally realised that models also can browse other rooms. We are especially likely to browse rooms in similar categories to ours (region, age, body type, niches etc.) and since you are likely to have a type and visit similar rooms it's very possible we might just coincidentally notice you spending in another room. We can also use google and through this amazing, top secret, magical tool notice if your username pops up as a knight or top tipper in another room.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for both replies.

I am not knighted in any room but probably was top tipper in both at that time. I do hide my level. I am always tipping being in either one or 2 rooms max at any given time and no I didn't level up during this time.

In any case, I can chill knowing SC is not being shady towards users which was my concern.

Once again. Thank you both for this info and the info on which rooms not to enter

Upvote 0
People can track tokens using a chat bot, browser plugin, extra.
But most people would only go to the effort of using this in their own room.

I haven't heard of one for Stripchat, but ..
There have been websites that do the chat bot thing in mass, to track all public tips across a platform.

Some times models are part of the a studio.
And what you do with one studio model, other studio model might know about.

Some times people lurk in other rooms.

Some websites have friend lists, where you can see if some one is online.
On those sites, a model could assume a regular is in another cam room if they're online, but not in their room.

Upvote 0

I am not quite sure if she saw me, saw my tokens go down even tho I keep my token information under "settings" invisible or what. So my question/s are this :

Best,

- Yes
- No
- if we browse through rooms we can see you in them unless you're in invisible mode and tipping anonymously

Upvote 0
um that goes against every previous answer from models and SC reps to this question (whenever it has been asked here).

So you are saying that models *can* see our token balance even when we have it set to hide our tokens in our preferences?
(OP asked "- Can a model see how many tokens I have regardless of the setting?")

I know what OP asked. Yes, models can see the balance regardless of the setting, in certain programs.

Upvote 0
I do not believe this is possible, nor am I aware of any programs which have the ability to do this.

If the user himself has decided to hide the tokens balance or stay invisible, then it'll be 'closed data' and not something which can be easily extracted from our secure platform.

But, this is a very interesting topic and I will dig deeper into this.

Upvote 0
Interesting topic.

I have been called out by models on this before and usually it is because the model Google searched me and can see rooms I am a knight in or have been a recent/current high tipper or because the model was browsing the rooms themselves. I also had a case where 2 models I visited frequently were in the same studio. To be honest, I am still not sure if they know that I visit the other but I always conduct myself as if they do and talk about it. I would also say if the model knows one model you visit, the “related models” algorithm on SC is pretty good so it’s likely you visit some other models that pop up there so that can be a way to find you too.

That’s really what I have learned in my year on Stripchat. I never claim that a model is the only one I visit or lie to them. I don’t say “I don’t have tokens today” or “I won’t be on the site” if a model is asking me to come see them. I just tell them I think I will see them that day or not, depending on which is correct. In the cases where I have been called out by a model for visiting somebody else my response is the same - “yes, I visit and tip other models.” Most models are reasonable about it but in the rare case the model gets really bent out of shape about it I just stop seeing that model (has really only happened twice)

I hide my tokens because I really don’t think how many I have is anybody else’s business but the models I visit regularly know that if I come to their room I will tip something - some days more than others but I won’t just hang out in their room for freebies. I used to hide my level because at the earlier levels you “level up” more quickly and it is basically a proxy for how many tokens you spend. Now that I am in the red levels it takes longer to level up so that doesn’t come into play as much

Upvote 0
I have just asked a question regarding same thing. Last evening while i was in a model's room and tipping i was also talking with another one in PM and she was telling me the specific amount down to the dot while it was decreasing. My setting was hide tokens from everybody and none of the models are added as friends. So it seems the site puts this option to give us users some peace of mind but in reality it gives the models the possibility to see the amount

Upvote 0
I have just asked a question regarding same thing. Last evening while i was in a model's room and tipping i was also talking with another one in PM and she was telling me the specific amount down to the dot while it was decreasing. My setting was hide tokens from everybody and none of the models are added as friends. So it seems the site puts this option to give us users some peace of mind but in reality it gives the models the possibility to see the amount
If model 2 was watching you in model 1’s room then she could count them as they go if so inclined. Or if you wee king of the room or the model has her tip leaderboards visible it keeps a count for you

I really don’t believe models can see the number of tokens if you have it set to hide. I have had several conversations with models I trust about this (mostly because there were times I wanted to unhide tokens for a specific model for a moment)

Reactions: Ozzie_ and Maxi_P
Upvote 0
If model 2 was watching you in model 1’s room then she could count them as they go if so inclined. Or if you wee king of the room or the model has her tip leaderboards visible it keeps a count for you

I really don’t believe models can see the number of tokens if you have it set to hide. I have had several conversations with models I trust about this (mostly because there were times I wanted to unhide tokens for a specific model for a moment
I am 99.9% sure that model 2 wasn't aware that i was in another room.And even if she was your logic still doesnt stand because she could only keep track of the amount i spent(or see the leaderboard), but how could she know the amount from which i started?

Upvote 0
Maybe in theory that applies. But for sure some studios found a loophole/vulnerability or something because i am not crazy. As you can see from the picture she told me the exact amout (1903) and i am 1000% sure i had the Hide tokens option active( first thing i do when i create an account) - i even double checked it when she told me .
because i was very suprised.Otherwise i woulnd't be wasting my time and yours writing here.

Furthermore i see that a model( Lexi) confirmed above the same thing -that with certain programs it is possible to see.

Attachments

• 94AF9318-C771-4091-957E-4F22C345D7A0.jpeg
    94AF9318-C771-4091-957E-4F22C345D7A0.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upvote 0
amazing this explains a lot - googling this brought me here - cos i was also certain this was possible, haven had similar interactions with a jealous model, I actually had to block her and she in turn blocked me

Upvote 0
Today i entered a models room and she said oh you have a lot of tokens why dont you spend it on me - I will not be topping up on SC anymore

Upvote 0
Today i entered a models room and she said oh you have a lot of tokens why dont you spend it on me - I will not be topping up on SC anymore

Lol. This seems kind of drastic. Maybe just don’t go in that particular model’s room anymore, and spend your time elsewhere…with models who aren’t telling you what to do with your tokens immediately upon entering their room.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Or hide the token balance if you don't want models seeing and commenting.
Although maybe they like the drama and attention it brings with showing your balance.

Upvote 0
Hi, first time posting, and about the "Can a model see how many tokens I have regardless of the setting?" question I can only add, that it is still posible for models to see the balance of users, even if they set it to "show to nobody". It happened to me, that a model on SC told me, she could see it (but only for the first time a user visits her, and also told me how many tkn I had, when I first visited her, even though I always keep them hidden). Last week she mentioned again, that she was able to see my tkn balance, and yes, the amount she told me was correct. Another time a user asked her to remove the time minimum from pvt shows, because he wanted to go pvt with her, and I mentioned that to her, but she replied to me "He only got 14 tkn left", so she could clearly see his balance too, and I just assume, this user would have hidden the amount, if he wanted to go for a 2min pvt session without the model knowing, but I can't be sure about this instance.

So, is it just coincidence or a bug, that happens from time to time, or is it something, models were not supposed to talk to users about? The way I see it, is that I don't really mind models being able to see the amount, but why pretend, that I have a choice in that matter? And it also does not give me to much trust in the site about the way they handle my sensitive data. The same with where I come from, I don't have any info in my profil, yet models write to me in my language, which always makes me feel a bit iffy.

Also, the fact, that users see a different wording for what is included in pvt shows can't be a coincidence, but is clearly left vague, so models can take advantage of that, which surely happened to any other user out there.

Sorry for that long first post, and pls remember, that english is not my first language.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Hi, first time posting, and about the "Can a model see how many tokens I have regardless of the setting?" question I can only add, that it is still posible for models to see the balance of users, even if they set it to "show to nobody". It happened to me, that a model on SC told me, she could see it (but only for the first time a user visits her, and also told me how many tkn I had, when I first visited her, even though I always keep them hidden). Last week she mentioned again, that she was able to see my tkn balance, and yes, the amount she told me was correct. Another time a user asked her to remove the time minimum from pvt shows, because he wanted to go pvt with her, and I mentioned that to her, but she replied to me "He only got 14 tkn left", so she could clearly see his balance too, and I just assume, this user would have hidden the amount, if he wanted to go for a 2min pvt session without the model knowing, but I can't be sure about this instance.

So, is it just coincidence or a bug, that happens from time to time, or is it something, models were not supposed to talk to users about? The way I see it, is that I don't really mind models being able to see the amount, but why pretend, that I have a choice in that matter? And it also does not give me to much trust in the site about the way they handle my sensitive data. The same with where I come from, I don't have any info in my profil, yet models write to me in my language, which always makes me feel a bit iffy.

Also, the fact, that users see a different wording for what is included in pvt shows can't be a coincidence, but is clearly left vague, so models can take advantage of that, which surely happened to any other user out there.

Sorry for that long first post, and pls remember, that english is not my first language.
It is curious; one of the SC reps here ( @Charlie_SC ) has been adamant in the past that info regarding users' token balances is not (should not) be visible to models via the site interlace nor by any programmatic method.

Upvote 0
Question not regarding viewing of tokens as it seems that has been answered. Can a model who is a friend see when you last logged on IE when i go to model page and they are not live it might say X was on 22hrs ago. Do models see similar info on users.

Upvote 0
Question not regarding viewing of tokens as it seems that has been answered. Can a model who is a friend see when you last logged on IE when i go to model page and they are not live it might say X was on 22hrs ago. Do models see similar info on users.
Yes

Upvote 0
I am adamant, and I have yet to receive any actual evidence (other than hearsay) from anyone that tells me otherwise.
In saying this, I will PM @Hello_Dave for more info and investigate again.
While i understand your adamance and your position- you cannot publicly admit that either is false advertisment or site vulnerability, i do not understand your "hearsay" /"proof" statement.To the best of my knowledge hearsay is reporting other peoples words by a witness, whereas i have shared( and as i can see other users as well) my own account of what happened directly to me. You say there was no proof yet i attached a picture with a model telling me exact amount- how did you investigate? Did you ask the model on this thread (Lexi) what software she knows about?Did you ask me when it happened in order to see in my account history if it was consistent?
I think not because it is in your(the site's) best interest for the models to see the amount and focus their attention on the ones with tokens thus making more money.(themselves and the site)
Even so , i will attach additional proof that i got after friending this model that shows how she was seeing her users and my account settings at the exact time.
As i said, while i understand your position, please do not insult us insinuating we are liars by dismissing what happened to us as hearsay.

I am adamant, and I have yet to receive any actual evidence (other than hearsay) from anyone that tells me otherwise.
In saying this, I will PM @Hello_Dave for more info and investigate again.

Attachments

• AF1F06B2-05B8-4183-8B58-59B8F3AB65A4.jpeg
    AF1F06B2-05B8-4183-8B58-59B8F3AB65A4.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 7B69614E-92A0-4199-B18A-5853C29ACD8D.jpeg
    7B69614E-92A0-4199-B18A-5853C29ACD8D.jpeg
    732 KB · Views: 39
  • Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou and Natural9
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.