AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the best webcam for moving around a lot?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2011
I've been trying to find a good camera that won't blur moving objects. If I become a webcam model, I don't want that blur that appears when your dancing or your hand is moving in a fast motion. I'm sure no webcam is perfect for this... but what is the best? Thanks :)

Well, I do hula-hooping on cam all the time. I use a Logitech C910. It usually only blurs when my connection is laggy.

Reactions: ReelPeese
ReelPeese said:
I've been trying to find a good camera that won't blur moving objects. If I become a webcam model, I don't want that blur that appears when your dancing or your hand is moving in a fast motion. I'm sure no webcam is perfect for this... but what is the best? Thanks :)

While a good cam is a worthy aim, what you're describing is probably more down to bandwidth and/or either splitcams or manycams.

A decent webcam is half the battle, but low frame rates and choppy movements is mostly due to bandwidth.

The other main factor is turning off aliasing. Aliasing uses limited bandwidth and only changes every few lines of an image on each refresh. When a model uses (I think) Manycams, there's no chance to turn this off. Splitcams is ok (I might have these the wrong way around, someone please correct me on this).

If you have a setting in your cam for anti-aliasing, turn it on. As long as you have the bandwidth to support it, this will solve the movement worries you have.

In the webcam software, go into the settings, and turn off autofocus. voila! Your previously blurry camera while moving no longer blurs, because it's not trying to constantly shift focus.

Actually, turning off all auto-controls and going full manual is the best way to make any camera look awesome.

LadyLuna said:
In the webcam software, go into the settings, and turn off autofocus. voila! Your previously blurry camera while moving no longer blurs, because it's not trying to constantly shift focus.

Actually, turning off all auto-controls and going full manual is the best way to make any camera look awesome.

What Luna said! That being addressed, the best web cam is the Logitech 9000 :thumbleft:

Yeah, the Logitech 9000 all the way. It's amazing.

LadyLuna said:

This, for sure. But the exposure setting has a lot to do with ghosting/blur as well. Make sure to have a very well lit room so that you don't have to have your exposure ramped up to brighten your cam picture. The higher your exposure setting is, the more possible blur you'll have.

Anna_Swallows said:
I have a logitech 9000 and it works really well. However, I have seen many models using a cam w/ a remote. Would this most likely be a webcam they are using or a camcorder? I am thinking that this is what I want to switch to.

I know some girls that use a Sony EVI-D30 and several using the newer D70 model. These are big buck pro cams designed for vid conferencing and seem to work very well. pan/tilt/ zoom are all remote. Add a heavy duty tripod and youre golden.

By far tho, the Pro 9000 or C910 are the most used bc of cost.
if you want to make them pan and tilt you can get several different options from Eagletron and either use your existing cam or get one of their mated pre-assembled units. I dont have anything to do with either company .... just a bit of a nerd about these things.... :-D

http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/whatsnew.htm
The sonys can be found on Ebay used or go full price new many places.

GreatDane said:
If you haven't guessed so far, the Logitech 9000 is probably the most used one for the girls here, then the 910 and then it falls into whatever they have on hand. MFC could keep Logitech in business if they marketed to all of the cam girls.

Streamate already DOES market it to cam girls :p

It's actually what they used when they did the pictures to show us how to set up the HD encoder.

LadyLuna said:
GreatDane said:
If you haven't guessed so far, the Logitech 9000 is probably the most used one for the girls here, then the 910 and then it falls into whatever they have on hand. MFC could keep Logitech in business if they marketed to all of the cam girls.

Streamate already DOES market it to cam girls :p

It's actually what they used when they did the pictures to show us how to set up the HD encoder.

Actually, according to the MFC "Webcams and Video Cameras Wiki", they most certainly market Logitech specifically. : D

MFC Webcams and Video Camera Wiki said:
Any new modern webcam should work well with the MyFreeCams Model Software.

These webcams are our favorites:
Logitech C910
Logitech 9000
Logitech Quickcam Orbit AF

Status
Not open for further replies.