AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse0328 said:
To not be conscientious of the volume level on one or more of their sound input sources. Music and the "token tone" tend to be the biggest offenders. I'm not familiar with the production aspects of the industry, but I would guess that things like using an external microphone can mitigate any hot audio better than a computer's internal microphone.

just remember - we ultimately dont *know* if there is an issue unless you tell us. So please do.. (sensitively... probably privately)

Miss_Lollipop said:
Jesse0328 said:
To not be conscientious of the volume level on one or more of their sound input sources. Music and the "token tone" tend to be the biggest offenders. I'm not familiar with the production aspects of the industry, but I would guess that things like using an external microphone can mitigate any hot audio better than a computer's internal microphone.

just remember - we ultimately dont *know* if there is an issue unless you tell us. So please do.. (sensitively... probably privately)
This. I have my music blasted and was dancing to it when one of the members said, "you are dancing to no music." I guess my cam is so far away from my speakers that it wasn't picking up my loud music. I had no idea.

PlayboyMegan said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
Jesse0328 said:

This. I have my music blasted and was dancing to it when one of the members said, "you are dancing to no music." I guess my cam is so far away from my speakers that it wasn't picking up my loud music. I had no idea.

Also, if you're just getting on cam, adjusting music or audio levels... ask the peeps in your room if it's too loud, too soft, etc. Not exactly rocket science, but members will appreciate it. :)

Reactions: Picnic
Jesse0328 said:

Pretty sure I mentioned this in this thread a while back, or in a similar thread.

If the broadcasting software is like most normal broadcasting software out there, there are ways to check mic volume, pretty easily. If looking at your mic input for the software shows it hitting the red or top of the mic volume meter, often, then it is too loud. This won't matter if it is an internal or external mic. Models should have it adjusted to stay closer to the mid range. For people like me, who always wear headphones on our computers, it can be deafening at times when viewing a model. It's pretty bad when I have models that I have permanently set to less than 5% volume on the MFC controls and I can still have my ears blasted by them.

PlayboyMegan said:

This can also depend on your microphone. A condenser mic can normally pick up a lot, but the mics built into computers are far less powerful. But, even with condenser mics, if they're set to mainly listen to what is in front of them, they might not pick up things around them off to the sides or the back of them, like they're designed to do. I have a cheap but powerful condenser mic that will actually pick up my TV while I am recording or streaming game footage to Twitch even though the TV is behind it and the computer is between them. So it all depends on what the mic is and what settings it is set to and how powerful it is.

UncleThursday said:
Jesse0328 said:

Pretty sure I mentioned this in this thread a while back, or in a similar thread.

If the broadcasting software is like most normal broadcasting software out there, there are ways to check mic volume, pretty easily. If looking at your mic input for the software shows it hitting the red or top of the mic volume meter, often, then it is too loud. This won't matter if it is an internal or external mic. Models should have it adjusted to stay closer to the mid range. For people like me, who always wear headphones on our computers, it can be deafening at times when viewing a model. It's pretty bad when I have models that I have permanently set to less than 5% volume on the MFC controls and I can still have my ears blasted by them.

they have an indicator on our software that only shows if we click it. And its quite simply *not* always correct. There's also a little thing at the bottom of the web broadcaster that says "low/medium/high' that we can see all the time. It'll say "low" when its really perfect.. or it will cut in and out etc. It's just not a good indicator of audio quality. It does not tell us if there is feedback, if the sound is tinny, if the mic is blowing out when we make loud noises, if its not picking up the music but only our voice due to speaker placement etc. Or if the music speakers are too close to the mic and making it much louder than our voice.

The only real way for us to know, is to hear ourselves.

Sorry.

UncleThursday said:

There are some models it doesn't matter if you're wearing headphones. One room I visit (she's not on the forum btw) I have to have her volume at 1% and she still drowns out other rooms when they are at 100%. It's her room only or she's on mute otherwise.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Miss_Lollipop said:
UncleThursday said:
Jesse0328 said:

they have an indicator on our software that only shows if we click it. And its quite simply *not* always correct. There's also a little thing at the bottom of the web broadcaster that says "low/medium/high' that we can see all the time. It'll say "low" when its really perfect.. or it will cut in and out etc. It's just not a good indicator of audio quality. It does not tell us if there is feedback, if the sound is tinny, if the mic is blowing out when we make loud noises, if its not picking up the music but only our voice due to speaker placement etc. Or if the music speakers are too close to the mic and making it much louder than our voice.

The only real way for us to know, is to hear ourselves.

Sorry.

Then that's an issue with the software that should be corrected on the site's end. It would be hard to actually test it by recording videos of yourself to test the audio, because while your mic might be set good for that, to the software it is set too high or too low. You models should get on Leo about that, truthfully.

I'm sure I have said this before, but since this thread has 34 pages of life and is still active, I guess there have been some newer people here that haven't gone through all of the pages.

Minimum tip limits. My pet peeve. If you don't want my nickel, you're not getting my dollar, or 5 dollars or 10 dollars.

If I decide I want to tip a model, my 1st tip is going to be one token (with the intention of tipping progressively or a bigger tip next). If I get a notice that the model is not accepting tips under X amount, I'm out.

Some will say a small tip is an insult. I say refusing my hard earned money is an insult.

I'm new to the forum but i wanted to share what i find very annoying. I used to be a reg in a models room, she did countdowns like most people, usually low member traffic(she struggled to keep 200 ppl in the room), but still had rather high camscore, some highrollers ect.ect. But she had a raging temper.

When she finished a countdown she used to announce it via newsfeed to flock people, totally normal. And of course beggars and general a**holes came rushing when the newsfeed was posted. And with them came the general stupid crap they say and post.
She would start the show and the trolls would troll(can troll be used as a verb?)But instead of pleasuring herself and doing the show, she started answering the trolls and get her self worked up and mad to the point that she ''rage quited'' from several shows(i.e more than 4 that i saw) untill the next day with a new topic and with only a dry ''sorry'' as apology. And well after that i lost all intrest in her and her room.

I know you models have to put up with alot of stupid and frankly inexcusable shit from us members and bless you all who can handle the trolls and still focus on the good guys, but her behaviour really bugs me. Some of her other regs accepted it as her way. But i mean we would finish around two(naked and cumshow) countdowns about 5-6K total, and then she just rage quits on us. i could accept it once or twice, but i learned from her regs that its happend ever since she started. I MFC mailed her and suggested having a little lower countdown for group or a private, but she wanted to generate traffic to her room and shows in public get more ppl. I've never seen anyone else do something like that, is it something that happens normally?

Well that turned out longer than i suspected :think:
tl:dr models that rage quits out of show because of trolls

I recently followed a girl on twitter who was just begging for follows. She follows in turn etc. This goes on for 10 days maybe until one day I see a very nice " Good morning what a great day " tweet so I favorite it. That's it favorite it

She proceeds to unfollow and tell me in no uncertain terms..... " You have not tipped me ! " Do what ? :angry-cussingblack:

Sorry but to me that is rude and is just asking for people to not want to be in your room. :twocents-twocents:

Bocefish said:
Most members don't give a rip what # you are on Leo's competition chump chart.
I have to disagree with this statement. Maybe it's just my room, but the majority of my guys do care about what rank I'm at and always try to get me higher. If they didn't care, then no models would bother pushing it. It's because they show they care that we put it in the topic.

PlayboyMegan said:
Bocefish said:
I have to disagree with this statement. Maybe it's just my room, but the majority of my guys do care about what rank I'm at and always try to get me higher. If they didn't care, then no models would bother pushing it. It's because they show they care that we put it in the topic.

I sometimes do this because it's easier/quicker than "____ many tokens to top off!!" etc, and for me it usually means a higher earning night and guys in my room are pretty happy to see me move up. They might not give a rip what # I am on Leo's chump chart, but they certainly don't complain when they get boobs faster.

PlayboyMegan said:
Bocefish said:

I agree. For the most part I only mention rank during mega months but regulars still ask me where I'm at and try to push me higher during regular months.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
PlayboyMegan said:
Bocefish said:
There are certainly a good portion of members that don't give a rat's ass about Miss MFC ranks. But to a model's regulars who want her to hit her goals, they care if she cares, and it does spur a bit of extra competitive edge for the whole room. It's a group effort and it's fun, and yes it can result in a greater shift/month for the model when they post a goal like this.

It's one thing to set goals and discuss them in the room with your regs, that's not what I'm talking about.

It's the generic posted topic of -- Help me get into the top 20, 50, 100, or whatever number chosen -- that I find annoying. It's no different than posting a topic of ''Help me pay my rent this month" and basically begging for member's money AFAIC.

If you want to move up on the chump chart, good, earn it. That's all I'm sayin'.

:twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:
It's one thing to set goals and discuss them in the room with your regs, that's not what I'm talking about.

It's the generic posted topic of -- Help me get into the top 20, 50, 100, or whatever number chosen -- that I find annoying. It's no different than posting a topic of ''Help me pay my rent this month" and basically begging for member's money AFAIC.

If you want to move up on the chump chart, good, earn it. That's all I'm sayin'.

If a model has gotten to the point where all she has to do is sign in and post a topic asking to get her into a top spot and people actually tip for it, it's pretty safe to say she HAS earned it.
No model has ever been able to sign in, do absolutely nothing at all ever, and rise straight to the top and have people throw money at her for no reason.
You personally may not see the reasons, but they are there.

Usually the "help me reach x in Miss MFC" requests aren't just random requests. They're usually accompanied by offers on content, raffles, countdowns for rare or unique shows, the model in question logging way more hours than usual, and various other incentives. If a model were to ask for extra tips purely because she'd like to be in the top x that month but isn't doing anything else to give people a reason to tip her extra then that would be a) kind of annoying and b) probably not too likely to result in the success she's hoping for.

I think Boce is right in that most members don't generally care about the Miss MFC rankings. I know I don't. But if I see a model that I like is busting her ass trying to reach a certain goal, then I'll want to see her succeed for no other reason than I like her and wouldn't want her to go to all that extra effort for nothing. It's at that point I might dig a little deeper into my virtual wallet than I normally would because I can see that this thing means a lot to her.

Yeah, dont girls use it exactly like a countdown? They have in every room I have seen. Help me reach #X and I'll do X & Y for goal?

It seems like its the same thing but just shown by rank rather than tokens made? I like it, its nice to mix up the wording of the goals yknow? :)

Bocefish said:

I think there's a BIG gap between me saying, "It's my birthday on April 1st, would love to finish in the top 500! Checkout my profile for incentives to tip!" and me saying, "All tips go towards my ferrets kidney dialysis treatment/over due rent/and lawyers fees for my boyfriends recent DUI"

The girls who live in a perpetual state of crisis are a whole other beast and should not be lumped into the same irritating pile.

Speaking of irritating piles, we've been buds for a long while and I know you're no dummy and that leads me to believe you just posted this little gem so you could mentally jerk off to all of us ladies/members respectfully disagreeing with you while we all also simultaneously grant you that "yes, you are not in any way obligated to give a shit about models you don't give a shit about and their various goals and aspirations" I see your angle, I see what you did there, and I want to you spoodge all over the fucking obvious if that makes you happy bb :lol:

lilypad_ said:
Yeah, dont girls use it exactly like a countdown? They have in every room I have seen. Help me reach #X and I'll do X & Y for goal?

It seems like its the same thing but just shown by rank rather than tokens made? I like it, its nice to mix up the wording of the goals yknow? :)

Oh MAN I wish it was that easy (to mix up the wording of the goals) At one point yesterday I was rubbing a few strands of beads over my cookie in public and my topic read something like, "XYZ tokens till i do a magic trick and make these beads disappear!"

And it felt like NOBODY got it lol, and the cuteness, playfulness & uniqueness of the topic was entirely defeated by having to follow up every "countdown plug" with:

"and to clarify, by "magic trick" I mean I will insert them one by one into my vagina, for those of you trying to follow along at home"

Apparently it's annoying when models concoct overly elaborate topics when in reality they can just say, "XYZ tokens till I stick XYZ in my XYZ" and be done with it already

LESSON LEARNED :mrgreen:

AmyLemon said:
At one point yesterday I was rubbing a few strands of beads over my cookie in public....

Now I really want to bake up a batch of Peanut Putter cookies. Cause I love those.

AmyLemon said:
Bocefish said:

I think there's a BIG gap between me saying, "It's my birthday on April 1st, would love to finish in the top 500! Checkout my profile for incentives to tip!" and me saying, "All tips go towards my ferrets kidney dialysis treatment/over due rent/and lawyers fees for my boyfriends recent DUI"

The girls who live in a perpetual state of crisis are a whole other beast and should not be lumped into the same irritating pile.

Speaking of irritating piles, we've been buds for a long while and I know you're no dummy and that leads me to believe you just posted this little gem so you could mentally jerk off to all of us ladies/members respectfully disagreeing with you while we all also simultaneously grant you that "yes, you are not in any way obligated to give a shit about models you don't give a shit about and their various goals and aspirations" I see your angle, I see what you did there, and I want to you spoodge all over the fucking obvious if that makes you happy bb :lol:

I'm literally laughing out loud, thanks for that. :p

I'm also a big fan of your Jedi clam tricks. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, if incentives are included that's a different story too.

BTW, I call it a chump chart because I view it as just another one of Leo's genius gimmicks to boost site revenue. It was such a success with the top 20, he added the top 100 and more. It's a tactic that worked so well, models also decided to employ it... to play a little on our compassion and competitive nature.

Like Bob84 said:
If I see a model that I like is busting her ass trying to reach a certain goal, then I'll want to see her succeed for no other reason than I like her and wouldn't want her to go to all that extra effort for nothing. It's at that point I might dig a little deeper into my virtual wallet than I normally would because I can see that this thing means a lot to her.

So the model Bob likes moves up on the chart taking model X's position number. Meanwhile, model Y also gets bumped down a slot or maybe two, but her regulars want to help her succeed too, so they dig a little deeper in their virtual wallets. Of course, model Z's regs will not stand idly by while their girl gets bumped down either, so they pony up more than usual and on and on... all over a virtual number on the chart.

Reactions: LadyLuna
We call that a, "Fucking Genius Business Model" in Canada eh ya debbie downer hoser and the only way it works for everyone but you is that everyone sporadically starts to give a shit about models they previously did not give a shit about.

It's the circle of life man *takes a long bong hit and points out the double rainbow* so just chill and click next like the Budda would

Reitas said:
I'm new to the forum but i wanted to share what i find very annoying. I used to be a reg in a models room, she did countdowns like most people, usually low member traffic(she struggled to keep 200 ppl in the room), but still had rather high camscore, some highrollers ect.ect. But she had a raging temper.

When she finished a countdown she used to announce it via newsfeed to flock people, totally normal. And of course beggars and general a**holes came rushing when the newsfeed was posted. And with them came the general stupid crap they say and post.
She would start the show and the trolls would troll(can troll be used as a verb?)But instead of pleasuring herself and doing the show, she started answering the trolls and get her self worked up and mad to the point that she ''rage quited'' from several shows(i.e more than 4 that i saw) untill the next day with a new topic and with only a dry ''sorry'' as apology. And well after that i lost all intrest in her and her room.

I know you models have to put up with alot of stupid and frankly inexcusable shit from us members and bless you all who can handle the trolls and still focus on the good guys, but her behaviour really bugs me. Some of her other regs accepted it as her way. But i mean we would finish around two(naked and cumshow) countdowns about 5-6K total, and then she just rage quits on us. i could accept it once or twice, but i learned from her regs that its happend ever since she started. I MFC mailed her and suggested having a little lower countdown for group or a private, but she wanted to generate traffic to her room and shows in public get more ppl. I've never seen anyone else do something like that, is it something that happens normally?

Well that turned out longer than i suspected :think:
tl:dr models that rage quits out of show because of trolls

Oh God, this. There was one model in particular who used to do this all the time (maybe the same girl you're talking about) and I think it was just that she had one of those personalities where she could not let ANYTHING go. (She did the same thing on Twitter, answering every troll and following with a dozen rage tweets about it). If you feel you can't function unless you tell off every single troll to the point that it disrupts the room, maybe you don't have the temperament for camming.

Status
Not open for further replies.