AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My fake name is Jefferson Steelflex. Haha the ladies love it! 😂

Seriously though, I have a common first name, so I just tell them. I enjoy hearing it in both public and pvt chat. Makes it more intimate, for me anyway.

As for the model, I don’t really care. Just give me something to work with.

I've never given my real name out to a model, and some of the stories in this thread has definitely backed it up as a good decision. It's not too unique, but I wouldn't want the general chat or other start calling me by my real name. I definitely would feel weird if it were being used in PM's too. When models ask for my name I usually say "You can call me Medi" or even clarify that it's just the short version of my full nickname. Some default my nickname to "Medio", though, which I find odd for some reason. To me "Medi" just seems to be the more natural short version. 😅

Quick edit: It's quite funny when non native English speakers go for the full version when they thank or welcome me to their room. At those times my nickname just feels like it's a bit too long. 😆

And this is why you never, ever give a model your real name. Yes, it's a common name and yes it could be fake, but it has no place whatsoever in the public chat ☹️

View attachment 91048
As others have said, it's not uncommon that members request we use their real name in public chat. Unless there's more than just this, I'd just assume that this was consensual name usage. Everyone has different privacy boundaries

Then there's the retired cam model who pops up in my WhatsApp a couple of times per year, surreptitiously asking for financial support.
I was just wondering if this could be the same ex-model that has hit me up (out of nowhere) for support a couple of times over the last year.
But then read the word 'surreptitiously'.... no, that can't be the same one. Mine were blatant requests for money :)

I was just wondering if this could be the same ex-model that has hit me up (out of nowhere) for support a couple of times over the last year.
But then read the word 'surreptitiously'.... no, that can't be the same one. Mine were blatant requests for money :)

That’s gotta be near the top of things I’d classify as annoying behavior by a model. I average 3 or 4 offline requests for money (outside of camming transactions) per year.

Here’s the thing: if she considers me a potential target for free money, it’s probably because I’ve tipped her before or bought some of her content. Which means she knows I enjoy her modeling work enough to pay for it. Why not go that route and offer to sell me a show? Why make it weird and just ask for a free payment?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
...when you enter a room and say hello and the model instantly says something like "hello, pvt?" Or they don't even say hello and just immediately say "pvt?".

I don't even respond and I just leave. I used to reply with something like "I'm not sure yet, maybe" but I think I always left after a minute or two.

Always give guys 5 mins to get a feel for you and your room.

...when you enter a room and say hello and the model instantly says something like "hello, pvt?" Or they don't even say hello and just immediately say "pvt?".

Agreed. And to a lesser extent, when they ask over PM “what do you want to do?” within three minutes of me entering the room. As if I’m not deciding fast enough or something. Drastically reduces the odds that I’ll be a return visitor if I remember the model likes to pressure me before even saying hello.

Yes. Usually results more in not wanting to when I get that.

One of the best names I saw on Cb was something like hi_hru_we_play_pvt. lol

Same with the immediate "more" after tipping a few. That will almost always result in "none."

Give it a minute and let things happen as they will.

Same with the immediate "more" after tipping a few. That will almost always result in "none."
yeah to me, this would seem rude if you were new to the room.
I don't mind directness from a model though, for example there is one I visit regularly and she sometimes says 'don't stop'.
This is always a good sign, because I know her well enough to understand that comment isn't really about earning tokens (although it's work), rather that it is leading somewhere very pleasant for her, and therefore, for me.

I've never given my real name out to a model, and some of the stories in this thread has definitely backed it up as a good decision. It's not too unique, but I wouldn't want the general chat or other start calling me by my real name. I definitely would feel weird if it were being used in PM's too. When models ask for my name I usually say "You can call me Medi" or even clarify that it's just the short version of my full nickname. Some default my nickname to "Medio", though, which I find odd for some reason. To me "Medi" just seems to be the more natural short version. 😅

Quick edit: It's quite funny when non native English speakers go for the full version when they thank or welcome me to their room. At those times my nickname just feels like it's a bit too long. 😆
I've never given out my real name to anyone in the cam world. Even with those that I do trust, I have only given them a pseudonym.
But I have been called by many many nick names over the last 17 years since discovering the cam world.

Haha, guess not. I know what's eating her the moment I see the phone notification. She just launches into a one sided complicated story about the general shittiness of things and how little money she has, skipping the hellos and howareyous. I don't reply, and a few months later she takes me through the same routine. She quit camming in mid 2019 and I didn't spend that much money in her room, so I guess she has a list of people who can potentially hand me money.

This happened on Stripchat.

I visited model A for about an hour (long term friends). Fun, laughing, tipping, flirting...no problem.

A couple hours later I visited model B. I have only been in her room about 5 or 6 times, but we hit it off well and I thought she was mature, sexy, down-to-earth, etc. There was fun, laughing, tipping, flirting...no problem.

But the next morning I got a WhatsApp from model B. It was just a screenshot of her computer screen in model A's room with the words "Beautiful girl."

It creeped me out and I responded with "What?" but no response yet after 12 hours. Way too far-fetched and fucking odd to be a coincidence. She was obviously trying to send me some kind of weird message.

So, how could model B see me in model A's room, though? Is there some kind of method to see what rooms members are in? I am a knight for model A, if that makes any difference.

Plus, like someone said before in this thread, she is stripping for dozens of guys a night, but she gets jealous if I am in another room? WTF?

ETA: If she doesn't respond apologizing and telling me she was drunk or something, my tips and I are going elsewhere. That's just too weird and dramatic for me.

I visited model A for about an hour (long term friends). Fun, laughing, tipping, flirting...no problem.

A couple hours later I visited model B. I have only been in her room about 5 or 6 times, but we hit it off well and I thought she was mature, sexy, down-to-earth, etc. There was fun, laughing, tipping, flirting...no problem.

But the next morning I got a WhatsApp from model B. It was just a screenshot of her computer screen in model A's room with the words "Beautiful girl."

It creeped me out and I responded with "What?" but no response yet after 12 hours. Way too far-fetched and fucking odd to be a coincidence. She was obviously trying to send me some kind of weird message.

So, how could model B see me in model A's room, though? Is there some kind of method to see what rooms members are in?

Plus, like someone said before in this thread, she is stripping for dozens of guys a night, but she gets jealous if I am in another room? WTF?
are you "friends" with Model B? Perhaps models we are friends with can tell when we are online if they choose to look. (I asume most would not bother).

As to how she knew which room you were in, I do not know. But in truth I had a similar experience with a couple of *very* jealous models in my early days on SC. There are too many models for them to be able to randomly guess which room we are in surely. Unless they share a studio perhpas, and it came from "water cooler chat" about guys in their room?

are you "friends" with Model B?
Yes, I am "friends" with both of them - they are both studio models in a different room every night, but based upon room decor, not the same studio.

I am not sure, but I might have been model A's king tipper. hmm

Reactions: Ozzie_
No way to see what rooms a user is in as far as I know.

You can tell when someone is on by the green dot next to their name.

This.

@Life_Happens This probably didn't happen with your scenario. But if you told Model B that you usually like to browse the, let's say, 'Ebony' and 'Big Tits' categories (Using this as an example because one of my members told me this), and then Model B one day becomes curious to see what her fellow models in those categories have going on in their rooms...she might decide to take a peek in some of those rooms herself. And then that's where she found you?

Is it possible that she sent you the screenshot in an innocent You've got good taste, my dude! I was checking out this model too! She's hot, right? type of way, and wasn't trying to be dramatic/jealous? You should ask her about it again, and see what she says. You already know you've done nothing wrong, and models need to realize that tippers (and favorite regulars) are free to spend their time (and money) in other rooms too.

I've been told this before, and in truth I do not know how it could be done, but one model semi-regularly *did* tell me what other rooms I had been in. 2 instances stick in my mind. One room I remember may have been with her studio, but the other certainly was not (different continent).

It wasn't a huge problem, as she always acknowledged her jealousy and I firmly but kindly (she was a good person otherwise) let her know that jealousy of my time was not acceptable.

I've always been curious about the occurrences, but am untroubled by them.

Also if you're a "Knight" in another room, they can see your avatar in the profile. That's the only thing that stays beyond when you're in the room and whatever leftover chat is there when someone looks.

Oh... and in some cases search engines will turn up your user name associated with tipping in a room if they search for your name and it's unique enough and happens to be captured.

Reactions: NotYou
Also if you're a "Knight" in another room, they can see your avatar in the profile. That's the only thing that stays beyond when you're in the room and whatever leftover chat is there when someone looks.

Oh... and in some cases search engines will turn up your user name associated with tipping in a room if they search for your name and it's unique enough and happens to be captured.
Hmmm.. I would have been a knight in one of the other rooms, but still, she would have to know what room to look in to see that I was a knight? There is no listing of rooms a user is a knight in as far as I know.

From a search engine maybe I guess. As I said, it never really bothered me I was (and am) merely curious..

So, how could model B see me in model A's room, though? Is there some kind of method to see what rooms members are in? I am a knight for model A, if that makes any difference.

ETA: If she doesn't respond apologizing and telling me she was drunk or something, my tips and I are going elsewhere. That's just too weird and dramatic for me.

Confirming models do not have access to view your whereabouts on the site but models can actively search for you via the numerous methods listed in the responses you have received above.

Odd. If she doesn't apologize, agree, take your tips elsewhere. I do private shows with models when I'm not on the webcam, and when I check out another model I do or plan to do more private shows with, sometimes I see a member I've done shows with in the other model's cam room. I just think oh cool, that member is having fun with this model. I don't get jealous, and I don't belittle or berate the member asking why they're not doing shows with me, and I don't sit there in free or guest chat to stalk other models or members. I hope this model doesn't do the same fucked up thing to you again, and/or with any other member, now and moving forward.

Reactions: Life_Happens

These models work in the same studio? So why is this a surprise then? I can tell you from a lot of experience with studio models that they are very competitive with each other. They constantly spy on each others' rooms, to see if their regulars are migrating to their competitor. They also often talk trash to each other. If model B knows you frequent model A, she can start sending catty messages to model A just to get model A off her game. I had a situation like that once where model A was someone I really liked, and model B was just a curiosity. But as soon as I spent any time with model B I got a very angry message on Signal from model A that if I liked model B more I shouldn't come back to her room. Of course what model A really wants in that situation is for you to apologize and kiss ass and pledge your loyalty to her. I don't like these kinds of games at all. If model A were my girlfriend, then I might even appreciate the loyalty pledge, because that might be a sign that I am important to her. But to a webcam model I am a stack of dollar bills, and these kinds of loyalty pledges are 100% a business move to keep a customer's money flowing where she wants it to flow.

In your case, I think model B wants you to start talking about model A, comparing the two of them, or whatever. And every word you say is being recorded and might get played back against you, completely out of context. You could tell model B something like "model A is my good friend. Why did you send me this image?" I expect her answer to be pretty vague, and will probably reinforce some of what I am saying above. She's just trying to set a trap for you.

I visited this model, I had fun, spent around 500 tokens or so. After she logged off, she posted a message on Twitter what a slow day it was. Yes, I was the only member and I understand she wanted to earn more that day, but still it made me feel a bit awkward.

I visited this model, I had fun, spent around 500 tokens or so. After she logged off, she posted a message on Twitter what a slow day it was. Yes, I was the only member and I understand she wanted to earn more that day, but still it made me feel a bit awkward.
Can't say I blame you for feeling awkward. Politely let the model know how that tweet made you feel. If the model doesn't understand or just doesn't care, then it's time to find another model.

I've done this -- it's not about the person who has tipped. It's about the people I know are watching that haven't tipped and think that they can simultaneously expect models to just keep showing up indefinitely while also doing nothing in their power to actually enable that to happen. 500 tokens is $25 for cammodels. Yes, 500 tokens from a member is very appreciated and feels like a lot, especially with the site taking their cut, but $25 for an entire show is slow. One slow day here and there isn't so bad. But when it's a repeated pattern members need to know that if they like a model and want them to keep performing that they have to tip in order for that to be able to happen. I have to be able to afford to not get a different job to keep camming. It's just a transparent fact. If the tips on a site aren't sufficient to justify my time there, I'd rather tweet about it and give members that are still interested in camshows a chance to be aware and change the situation, than just disappear out of the blue.

I've done this -- it's not about the person who has tipped.
Fair enough and I agree with your post about freeloaders etc. etc., but taking to Twitter to complain about poor sales or slow business is bad form no matter what type of business you run. Freeloaders aside, the customers who actually spent money will think the model is secretly complaining that they spent too little, and the prospective customers or yet-to-return customers will just shrug and wonder when the model's lack of revenue became their problem. If you want to be a business, be a business.

On a side note; the above is exactly why I don't go to cam sites at all when I can't spend or don't want to spend. It's not my problem if my goto models have slow days while I'm absent.

But isn't this the usual difference between big picture (models perspective) and small picture (users perspective)? She might have been very happy about the 500 tokens because that made the difference between "slow day" and "no day". Still, she might have done the maths and realized that it isn't enough. Having said that I think it's not the best practice PR-wise to complain publicly.

These models work in the same studio?

Actually, they are NOT from the same studio. But wow, that was interesting to read. I'll keep this in mind for the models I know in the same studio - thanks. I didn't realize how same-studio models (not all of them, I'm sure) competed with each other while acting nice about it.

BTW, I finally got a response that said "I'm sorry. I did bad. Can we just forget this happened?"

I'll have to think about it.

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
Having said that I think it's not the best practice PR-wise to complain publicly.
It's all about how you say what you need to say. 🤷‍♀️

These models work in the same studio? So why is this a surprise then? I can tell you from a lot of experience with studio models that they are very competitive with each other. They constantly spy on each others' rooms, to see if their regulars are migrating to their competitor. They also often talk trash to each other. If model B knows you frequent model A, she can start sending catty messages to model A just to get model A off her game. I had a situation like that once where model A was someone I really liked, and model B was just a curiosity. But as soon as I spent any time with model B I got a very angry message on Signal from model A that if I liked model B more I shouldn't come back to her room. Of course what model A really wants in that situation is for you to apologize and kiss ass and pledge your loyalty to her. I don't like these kinds of games at all. If model A were my girlfriend, then I might even appreciate the loyalty pledge, because that might be a sign that I am important to her. But to a webcam model I am a stack of dollar bills, and these kinds of loyalty pledges are 100% a business move to keep a customer's money flowing where she wants it to flow.

In your case, I think model B wants you to start talking about model A, comparing the two of them, or whatever. And every word you say is being recorded and might get played back against you, completely out of context. You could tell model B something like "model A is my good friend. Why did you send me this image?" I expect her answer to be pretty vague, and will probably reinforce some of what I am saying above. She's just trying to set a trap for you.
All potentially true of course, but nobody said that they were with the *same* studio.

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
Status
Not open for further replies.